NFL Season 2021-22

Welcome to the Digital Sportspage forum.

Moderators: Bill_Abner, ScoopBrady

MizzouRah
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Re: NFL Season 2020-2021

Post by MizzouRah »

pk500 wrote:
Sun Jan 17, 2021 10:27 pm
MizzouRah wrote:
Sun Jan 17, 2021 8:14 pm
I'm torn next week but I'm pulling for the Bills. It's time for a Super Bowl Championship in Buffalo.
I think I would be sh*tfaced for a week straight.
Lol!!! You and everyone there!
XBL GT: MizzouRah0971

Rodster
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by Rodster »

I'm pulling for Brady and Tampa Bay since the Dolphins didn't make the playoffs.

wco81
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by wco81 »

Only chance a team not named the Chiefs has is Mahomes doesn't make it out of the concussion protocol.

MizzouRah
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by MizzouRah »

Mahomes will clear and the Bills will have a plan for him.

I'm rooting for Brady now as well, at least against Rogers... sucks Brees appears to be done, such a class act.

Should be two great games though!
XBL GT: MizzouRah0971

pk500
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by pk500 »

wco81 wrote:
Mon Jan 18, 2021 12:15 am
Only chance a team not named the Chiefs has is Mahomes doesn't make it out of the concussion protocol.
Ha. That's funny. DSP bulletin board material.
"You know why I love boxers? I love them because they face fear. And they face it alone." - Nick Charles

"First on the throttle, last on the brakes." - @MotoGP Twitter signature

XBL Gamertag: pk4425

Rodster
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by Rodster »

MizzouRah wrote:
Mon Jan 18, 2021 12:36 am
Mahomes will clear and the Bills will have a plan for him.

I'm rooting for Brady now as well, at least against Rogers... sucks Brees appears to be done, such a class act.

Should be two great games though!
Boy that's a tough one. I've always been a huge fan of Aaron Rodgers and Tommy Brady even though Brady killed my Dolphins so many times throughout the years. Who wins? It doesn't matter to me because neither are the teams I follow but the homer in me sides a little more with the Bucs. If Brady wins and goes to the Big Show, it'll credit him as the reason for the Patriot's success more than Billicheat.

Rodgers as great as he has been throughout his career has been deserving of more rings. I think the Bills should make the SB because questions around whether the NFL will allow Mahomes to play are a cause of concern for KC fans.

sportdan30
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by sportdan30 »

Chiefs/Bills game should be a heck of a game. Hopefully, KC gets Clyde Edwards-Helaire (D. Williams filled in admirably) and Sammy Watkins back. I'm feeling more optimistic that Mahomes will play, but I'm also concerned about his gimpy leg. Chiefs will have to run the ball effectively (Reid doesn't seem to trust Bell not to fumble) and play solid defense to win.

pk500
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by pk500 »

sportdan30 wrote:
Mon Jan 18, 2021 12:41 pm
Chiefs/Bills game should be a heck of a game. Hopefully, KC gets Clyde Edwards-Helaire (D. Williams filled in admirably) and Sammy Watkins back. I'm feeling more optimistic that Mahomes will play, but I'm also concerned about his gimpy leg. Chiefs will have to run the ball effectively (Reid doesn't seem to trust Bell not to fumble) and play solid defense to win.
You're spot on, Dan: The foot injury should concern Chiefs' fans more than the concussion.

Mahomes probably already is out of the protocol, or at least close. It didn't even look like he took a big shot to the head. It almost looked like he was wobbly because his neck bent at an awkward angle as he was going down, blocking his oxygen and causing him to be wobbly. Hell, the dude was shown running to the locker room about five minutes after he came off the field.

Meanwhile, the toe/foot injury clearly compromised Mahomes' passing and running before he was knocked out of the game. He was missing passes he usually completes in his sleep.
"You know why I love boxers? I love them because they face fear. And they face it alone." - Nick Charles

Rodster
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by Rodster »

At least a Florida team is going to the SB this year. Too bad it isn't the one I care about but nothing would make me laugh more if Brady gets another SB ring and shoves it in Billicheat's grill. :P

Wilk5280
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by Wilk5280 »

sportdan30 wrote:
Mon Jan 18, 2021 12:41 pm
I'll take "Posts that didn't age well" for $100. :P

Just kidding. Man the Bills got off to a great start and I was feeling optimistic that they had a real puncher's chance. Wasn't to be this year, but the team is set up for long term success and while no easy task, I"m sure they'll get their shot again in the near future. Hell of a season and, IMO, the NFL is a better place when the Bills are doing well. :-D
GT = Wilk5280

Sudz
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by Sudz »

Imagine if the Bucs blew that lead...it felt like it was headed that direction late in the game as Brady was chucking INTs all over the place.

Also, sounds like aaron rodgers wants out of green bay.

wco81
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by wco81 »

Sudz wrote:
Mon Jan 25, 2021 1:51 pm
Imagine if the Bucs blew that lead...it felt like it was headed that direction late in the game as Brady was chucking INTs all over the place.

Also, sounds like aaron rodgers wants out of green bay.
Arguably, one of the reasons he never won another ring with the Packers is that he got the biggest contracts repeatedly and that team never could build up a championship roster apart from him.

The SB record of teams which give out big contracts to a few players, QB as well as some top DL, is that the rest of the roster depends on players on rookie deals playing like Pro Bowl players -- then letting those players walk because they can't give out enough big contracts.

ARod has gotten top of the league pay most of his career while Brady has taken below-market deals all of his career. Now Brady is going to his 10th SB.

Can't blame him for getting the most money he could but there is an obvious record there.

Danimal
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by Danimal »

Chiefs have so much talent on offense that the only thing will end it is the salary cap.

I really want to see how Mahomes performs when he is not on a Madden super team.
Follow Me on:
YouTube - www.youtube.com/maxpixelation/
Twitch - twitch.tv/maximumpixelation
Twitter - twitter.com/maxpixelation

sportdan30
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by sportdan30 »

I'm assuming no more expletive rants from 34 on Goff? :lol:

Stafford should be an upgrade.

pk500
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by pk500 »

sportdan30 wrote:
Mon Feb 01, 2021 11:53 am

Maybe not as much as some think. Stafford is the KING of garbage time stats. He also benefited early in his career from throwing junk at Megatron, who seemingly could catch meteors out of the sky.

Stafford also turns 33 next week. He's a major injury away from being done.

Goff is not the answer for the Rams. But I'm not sure Stafford is. We'll see.

wco81
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by wco81 »

pk500 wrote:
Mon Feb 01, 2021 2:28 pm
sportdan30 wrote:
Mon Feb 01, 2021 11:53 am

Maybe not as much as some think. Stafford is the KING of garbage time stats. He also benefited early in his career from throwing junk at Megatron, who seemingly could catch meteors out of the sky.

Stafford also turns 33 next week. He's a major injury away from being done.

Goff is not the answer for the Rams. But I'm not sure Stafford is. We'll see.

I think a lot of the reason they did the trade was to get out from under Goff's contract, which has a lot of guaranteed money the next 4 years.

Stafford's deal expires in 2 years and I think the cap hit in the second year is minor.

Goff's stats since the Rams went to the SB is poor, a lot of interceptions and turnovers and much lower QB rating.

Rams gave out big contracts to Donald, Ramsey and all their WRs. So this could be a move to try to get the payroll under control in future years. The pandemic is probably going to force a lot of big decisions. Instead of the cap going up as it was expected, it could even shrink.

In the Rams case, they spent $2 billion on the new stadium that they opened this year and they're not getting any gate revenues out of it. But the owner is loaded and the TV money and the hard cap doesn't put them in any financial jeopardy. It's just a question of being able to field a competitive team with the reduced cap.

A lot of the contracts that NFL teams gave out was on the expectation that the cap would keep going up every year.

So Rams gave up first round picks, like they did to get Ramsey. They have to get good starters out of the later rounds to keep their payroll under control and be competitive.

Rodster
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by Rodster »

Miami is sending out such mixed signals. The press still thinks Miami will make a bid for Watson. Tua was asked if he'll be with Dolphins next year and he said he doesn't know. Your QB wouldn't be saying that if he was assured he's the franchise QB from the GM on down. Miami would be STUPID to dump Tua right now. Sure bring in Watson and they have to give back the 1st rd picks to the Texans. That means no stud WR's like Chase or Smith. Miami's problem is that they have average receivers. Devante Parker has been too inconsistent and injury prone to be the No.1 receiver on the team. Preston Williams the same.

Beef up the offense first then worry about the QB. See what Tua can do with better weapons. If he's avg next year then look for a QB the following year.

10spro
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by 10spro »

If at 33 Stafford gets all those first picks and a third one, dare I ask what's Watson's worth?

On paper I also think that he's an update over Goff and like PK was saying he's done relatively well in his younger years because of Megatron. I also believe that if Goff's contract wasn't as inflated as it is for the next four seasons, with Covid and all, LA would probably have preferred to keep all those picks for the next two years and ride him along.

But the window for them is NOW with the Stafford trade, at the same time playing in the toughest division in the NFL may set him backwards if he doesn't stay healthy while Rams fans lament all those first picks gone.

XXXIV
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by XXXIV »

I describe my feeling about the trade with this one word...

Hallelujah!!!!!!

10s you sound worried buddy. Aside from your QB and K, the Rams were already easily a better team than your Hawks. Goff was your only hope in the head to head match ups.

As for lamenting draft picks? Seriously? The ones Im lamenting are the ones they wasted to trade up to get that useless c*** goff. That was beyond stupidity.

I would have given the Lions even more to offload the dual albatross of that dim witted sack of s*** and its future guaranteed money on the Lions.

Stafford is the MUCH better qb and a male qb. As for his injuries? Do any of you know how many games he has actually missed? Let me help you. The only season he missed any significant play time was 2019.

2012 started all 16 games and took 98% of the snaps.
2013 started all 16 games and took 100% of the snaps.
2014 started all 16 games and took 100% of the snaps.
2015 started all 16 games and took 96% of the snaps.
2016 started all 16 games and took 100% of the snaps.
2017 started all 16 games and took 99% of the snaps.
2018 started all 16 games and took 98% of the snaps.
****2019 started only 8 games and took 50% of the snaps.
2020 started all 16 games and took 92% of the snaps.

I get he is turning 33 soon but I dont give a rats ass. For the Rams and their core of Donald, Ramsey, Whitten, Kupp etc the future is now. TODAY!

As an actual Ram fan who lives and dies every game day on every snap, I am very happy with the trade.

EXTREMELY HAPPY!

f*** you all!!!

GO RAMS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Diablo25
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by Diablo25 »

Not a Rams fan but I am with XXXIV. Goff sugged. Stafford has a set of nuts and is definitely an upgrade.
XBLive Gamertag - Diablo25
PSN Name - EPDiablo25

Danimal
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by Danimal »

Rodster wrote:
Mon Feb 01, 2021 8:05 pm
Miami would be STUPID to dump Tua right now.
Tua can't hold Watson jock strap. You don't want to give up the picks that's fine but the Dolphins year had more to do with Fitz then Tua. It's so hard to hit on drafting a franchise QB if one is offered up to you in a trade you jump on it.
Follow Me on:

Danimal
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by Danimal »

XXXIV wrote:
Tue Feb 02, 2021 11:25 am
I describe my feeling about the trade with this one word...

Hallelujah!!!!!!
I feel the same way because I was scared the Bears were going to trade for him.

Thank you Rams for preventing another Pace mistake.
Follow Me on:

XXXIV
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by XXXIV »

Youre so welcome! Trust me it was my pleasure!

I agree 100% about the bears. You are all set at qb. What the f*** would you want one for?

XXXIV
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by XXXIV »

Diablo25 wrote:
Wed Feb 03, 2021 1:16 pm
Not a Rams fan but I am with XXXIV. Goff sugged. Stafford has a set of nuts and is definitely an upgrade.
Damn straight!

Cant wait for 2021 season!

Go Rams!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Zeppo
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by Zeppo »

Am I the only one extra jacked up for this super bowl? Maybe it’s because I’ve been in Germany almost two years now, maybe it’s because I’ve actually watched more football this year thanks to NFL GamePass and my weird schedule, I don’t know. I really wish I could watch it live but there’s just no way right now. I’ll be trying to see it in bits and pieces throughout the morning tomorrow on NFL GamePass.

So many compelling elements for me. Two old coaches, old school guys, both at the top of the game. I heard somewhere that one of Arians’s assistant coaches has known him for 50 years 8O , and at the same time he has the only black play-caller in the NFL, and he is actually younger than the QB!

It’s the matchup of “probably the best QB ever to play the game” vs. “probably the best QB ever to play the game.” As is often the case, both teams’ defenses have played better in the playoffs than they did in the regular season, but the Bucs started as a MUCH better defense. I sure hope it’s a good game. It has a chance to be a great one - we’ve sure had a few great SBs the last several years. I also hope we don’t get a lightning delay, although a big downpour on its own might add some drama.