NFL Season 2021-22

Welcome to the Digital Sportspage forum.

Moderators: Bill_Abner, ScoopBrady

10spro
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Re: NFL Season 2019

Post by 10spro »

pk500 wrote:The only question remaining in Dallas: Does The Clapper (Garrett) get fired on Black Monday or later in the week?
He’s done as of Xmas turkey. He put his team in such unmanageable plays yesterday with lots of 3rd down and 10s, you got a prime RB in EE and you continue to teleport passes with a mediocre QB in my view like Zack.

They are in a pathetic division so anything can happen despite JJ showing his support last weekend for Garrett, but his days are numbered for sure.

pk500
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by pk500 »

Danimal wrote:The current NFL is the result of all the coaching tree s***, when one good coach comes up with a system and all his minions with no real talent get jobs. None of these guys has a creative bone in their body and can't coach outside the system they learned from their mentor.
Another stellar example: Matt Patricia.
"You know why I love boxers? I love them because they face fear. And they face it alone." - Nick Charles

"First on the throttle, last on the brakes." - @MotoGP Twitter signature

XBL Gamertag: pk4425

Zlax45
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by Zlax45 »

pk500 wrote:
Danimal wrote:The current NFL is the result of all the coaching tree s***, when one good coach comes up with a system and all his minions with no real talent get jobs. None of these guys has a creative bone in their body and can't coach outside the system they learned from their mentor.
Another stellar example: Matt Patricia.
Every BB coordinator has been a disaster as a head coach. Bill O'Brien is probably the best of the bunch but besides him lots of trash.
My xbox live name is "The Zlax45"

XXXIV
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by XXXIV »

Watching the Vikings lose to the Packers tonight really makes Goffs fucktard pick six, his pointless moronic intentional grounding and those two 3rd and 16 failures on D really suck even more.

I was hoping the Vikings would win so I could put the train wreck that is the 100 million dollar cluster f*** Goff behind me for a few months but no....you know the Bears will beat the Vikings next week making Goffs dumb s*** passes even more ridiculous.

XXXIV
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by XXXIV »

10spro wrote:
pk500 wrote:The only question remaining in Dallas: Does The Clapper (Garrett) get fired on Black Monday or later in the week?
He’s done as of Xmas turkey. He put his team in such unmanageable plays yesterday with lots of 3rd down and 10s, you got a prime RB in EE and you continue to teleport passes with a mediocre QB in my view like Zack.

They are in a pathetic division so anything can happen despite JJ showing his support last weekend for Garrett, but his days are numbered for sure.
If he is back next year JJs kids will need to put him in a home.

XXXIV
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by XXXIV »

Well done Dolphins pulling the giant upset taking away the bye week from the patriots. Management quit but the players didnt.

Rams faking a punt on their own 17 yard line in the f***in first quarter with a lead. Dumpster fire.

Rodster
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by Rodster »

XXXIV wrote:Well done Dolphins pulling the giant upset taking away the bye week from the patriots. Management quit but the players didnt.
Brian Flores CAN coach. I believe he's the 1st Bellicheat coaching disciple to actually beat him in a game. Actually it was good that the FO unloaded their good players for draft picks. We got to see what Flores could do with a bunch of castoffs and still win 5 games. But please don't draft Tua. Wait for Trevor Lawrence in the 2021 draft.

XXXIV
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by XXXIV »

Rodster wrote: please don't draft Tua. Wait for Trevor Lawrence in the 2021 draft.
Bingo

XXXIV
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by XXXIV »

Big Thanks to the extremely short handed Eagles for burying that asshole jerry jones and his cowscum.

Props to Tannehill changing up the fortunes of the Titans as that was pretty cool.

Ravens and Chiefs should be a hell of an AFC championship game if it happens.

This Packers team could be the worst #1 seed in NFL history if the Seahawks win tonight.

McVay! Get your head out of your ass and recognize Goffs limitations. He is a chickenshit buffoon. Coach the way you did the first one and a half years otherwise the future is bleak. Another win against the last place cardinals is not redemption...Its a garbage win against a garbage team.

XXXIV
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by XXXIV »

CLEAR INTERFERENCE AND NO REVIEW ON PLAY BEFORE LAST!

PLAY BEFORE LAST!

Why no review?

10spro
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by 10spro »

XXXIV wrote:CLEAR INTERFERENCE AND NO REVIEW ON PLAY BEFORE LAST!

PLAY BEFORE LAST!

Why no review?
Horrible non call. Disgusting. Look, I’ll be honest, the 49’ers were the better team for three quarters, but you know that R. Wilson brings his magic on the 4th. Beast mode is in no shape or form yet and neither did I expect anything special from him. The delay of game at first and one just destroyed the potential call on ML to score the amazing comeback.

It brought the Hawks back 5 yards and they were just 1/2 inch short of the miracle. But the no call on Hollister himself a couple of plays before was brutal.

Part of me wanted to face the Eagles instead of the Vikings, so it makes the loss a little bit less painful. It’ll also give Lynch more practice time while the secondary needs to dramatically improve their performance over tonight.

That rookie Samuel just had a field day in the SEA secondary. Looking at you Griffin. Still with a lot of key guys missing they almost pulled the miracle.

pk500
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by pk500 »

XXXIV wrote:
Rodster wrote: please don't draft Tua. Wait for Trevor Lawrence in the 2021 draft.
Bingo
A relative of mine tried to convince me on Christmas Day that Tua is as good of an NFL QB prospect as Burrow. I laughed in his face.
"You know why I love boxers? I love them because they face fear. And they face it alone." - Nick Charles

pk500
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by pk500 »

PLAY BEFORE LAST!

Why no review?
Yeah, that was horrific. But college and pro football officiating is the biggest joke in North American sports -- even worse than the NBA.

It's appalling that the two most lucrative sports in America have arguably the worst officiating. Plus there are how many officials on the field for a 22-man football game? Seven? Eight? And they still can't get it right, even with video replay?

Meanwhile, one man is responsible for officiating a 22-man soccer match. Yet despite their obvious and VAR-magnified flaws, soccer refs do a far better job than NFL officiating teams.

Rodster
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by Rodster »

pk500 wrote:
XXXIV wrote:
Bingo
A relative of mine tried to convince me on Christmas Day that Tua is as good of an NFL QB prospect as Burrow. I laughed in his face.
I've never seen either of them play but from what i've read, this isn't really a good draft class for QB's. All eyes are on Trevor Lawerence next year.

pk500
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by pk500 »

Rodster wrote:I've never seen either of them play but from what i've read, this isn't really a good draft class for QB's. All eyes are on Trevor Lawerence next year.
Horsesh*t. Burrow is the most NFL-ready college QB prospect I've seen since Andrew Luck. The kid's accuracy and pocket presence are uncanny. Watch the first half of the LSU-Oklahoma game and tell me Lawrence is better than Burrow.

Try the eye test, Rod. It's pretty shallow to pass judgment on players without watching them.

dbdynsty25
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by dbdynsty25 »

If the Dolphins can get Tua with one of their lower first round picks, as a flyer, sure. I’m cool with that. Since they aren’t getting Burrow and the rest of this years class is terrible. Fitzpatrick will be back next year to tutor whomever they draft so whatever. They won’t be bad enough to get Lawrence next year either with Flores as their coach, so waiting a year makes no sense either.

That said, they do have 3 firsts, trade em all for Burrow. Cincy probably STILL wouldn’t do it.

wco81
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by wco81 »

pk500 wrote:
Rodster wrote:I've never seen either of them play but from what i've read, this isn't really a good draft class for QB's. All eyes are on Trevor Lawerence next year.
Horsesh*t. Burrow is the most NFL-ready college QB prospect I've seen since Andrew Luck. The kid's accuracy and pocket presence are uncanny. Watch the first half of the LSU-Oklahoma game and tell me Lawrence is better than Burrow.

Try the eye test, Rod. It's pretty shallow to pass judgment on players without watching them.
Lawrence was considered the best QB recruit coming into the NCAA since Luck.

Burrow is having a great year, maybe the greatest ever for a college QB.

Still no way to know which prospect will do better in the NFL. Luck had an okay career but injuries cut it short. Meanwhile Mahomes could set all kinds of records.

J_Cauthen
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by J_Cauthen »

pk500 wrote:Horsesh*t. Burrow is the most NFL-ready college QB prospect I've seen since Andrew Luck. The kid's accuracy and pocket presence are uncanny. Watch the first half of the LSU-Oklahoma game and tell me Lawrence is better than Burrow.

I agree... Joe Burrow could easily fit into the NFL day one. He reminds of a combination of the accuracy of Tom Brady and the pocket presence and elusiveness of Russell Wilson. Lawrence is good, but I think he lacks the accuracy of Burrow. Give Lawrence another year and he'll probably be as NFL ready as
Burrow is now.

J_Cauthen
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by J_Cauthen »

PLAY BEFORE LAST!

Why no review?
That was a horrible no call 8O My wife was watching the game with me and she called pass interference before I could get it out of my mouth. Too bad Pete didn't have a timeout at that point!

AcemanPR
Starting 5
Starting 5

Post by AcemanPR »

Might as well start buying Bengals Burrow jerseysnow because that is where he is going. He has already said he would love to play in Ohio and Cincinnati is definitely the better of the two options in the NFL. He's a natural fit there and with a healthy Green, Boyd, and Eifert, the Bengals will be a formidable force in the AFC North in 2020.

Rodster
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by Rodster »

Funny, all the abuse and criticism Ryan Tannehill took when playing for the Dolphins. He has the Titans up on the Patriots at halftime.

dougb
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by dougb »

Tannehill didn’t play that well but when you’ve got a stud running back and relatively good defense you can get away with a QB whose decent but not great. And they were playing a Patriots team whose offense has been in big trouble most of the second half of the season.

Watched the Bills game yesterday and they pretty much threw that game away. But I think I channeled XXXIV at some points with regards to the officiating. It is just godawful now and I think the biggest problem is that the Refs figure that they’re going to be backstopped by the replay system and are just getting astoundingly lazy in their calls. One play in particular where the ref was looking right at Allen’s knee that was down before the ball was loose and didn’t blow it dead - was eventually reversed but there’s no excuse for not having called the play dead in the first place. Combine that with a godawful rulebook - the blindside block call against the Bills which was correct by the book but to all intents and purposes what should have been completely legal and the NFL is just a goddamn mess now.

I’d like to strip use of replay right out and use it for two things only - spots of the ball and fumbles. Nothing else.

Doug
"Every major sport has come under the influence of organized crime. FIFA actually is organized crime" - Charles Pierce

XXXIV
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by XXXIV »

Glad they made the new rule. NFL showed us all year long in game after game that they clearly only want to review and call interference in last years Rams Saints game.

That is offensive PI as clear as it can ever be.

Embarrassing lot of dick heads at the NFL.

EDIT:

Listening to the clowns after the after the game I heard Not enough to reverse a call in that situation.

The NFL and its media stooges agree that when it comes to PI its this or nothing...

Last edited by XXXIV on Sun Jan 05, 2020 6:29 pm, edited 2 times in total.

Jimmydeicide
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by Jimmydeicide »

OK. Riddle me this.
You guys give soccer s*** for ending a game with penalty kicks but at least each team gets the same chances to score. Not so in your version of football how the f*** does a team not get to answer a touchdown. coin toss wins you the game... on paper. The Saints should at least get a possession to answer with a touch down of its own , then if they dont its over.
So in baseball ot if the ist team at bat in the 10th gets a HR the game should be over.
LAME!!!!!

XXXIV
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by XXXIV »

Jimmydeicide wrote:OK. Riddle me this.
You guys give soccer s*** for ending a game with penalty kicks but at least each team gets the same chances to score. Not so in your version of football how the f*** does a team not get to answer a touchdown. coin toss wins you the game... on paper. The Saints should at least get a possession to answer with a touch down of its own , then if they dont its over.
So in baseball ot if the ist team at bat in the 10th gets a HR the game should be over.
LAME!!!!!
Agree!

In soccer they do play an OT period before the lame penalty kicks.

They should have to play the entire 15 minutes.