R.I.P. Kobe Bryant

Welcome to the Digital Sportspage forum.

Moderators: Bill_Abner, ScoopBrady

F308GTB
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

R.I.P. Kobe Bryant

Post by F308GTB »

The last thing I would have expected on this nice Sunday afternoon. Awful news. RIP Kobe.

And now reports his daughters may have died as well. Tragic.

10spro
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Re: R.I.P. Kobe Bryant

Post by 10spro »

Kind of a shocker really. I was watching the noon newshour, there was a mention of an fiery helicopter crash in CA. Flipped it over the Pro bowl game only to learn that Kobe was in that crash. Great player, remember him best with his years with Shaquille, a Laker for life. Sadly his daughter Giana was indeed in the crash.

Sad news.

Rodster
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by Rodster »

RIP Kobe

pigpen81
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by pigpen81 »

Just wow! For years, I have heard countless students yell "Kobe" when they swish a shot. His name will live on forever on playgrounds and gyms everywhere. RIP!

XXXIV
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by XXXIV »

Shocking news

RIP Kobe

Live every day to its fullest

pk500
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by pk500 »

Darkest day in NBA history.

Really struggling to think of a comparison in the sports world. Maybe Roberto Clemente in 1972, but he wasn't a global icon like Kobe. People mentioned Earnhardt, but he died behind the wheel - an accepted risk of the profession. Plus he wasn't a star outside of North America and was nowhere near as big of a star in America as Kobe.

Maybe Senna? He was just about as big of a global star (except North America) as Kobe, but again, he died in a race. Accepted risk every time these guys strap in.

So, so sad for families of everyone onboard.

RIP to all.
"You know why I love boxers? I love them because they face fear. And they face it alone." - Nick Charles

"First on the throttle, last on the brakes." - @MotoGP Twitter signature

XBL Gamertag: pk4425

dbdynsty25
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by dbdynsty25 »

Not a fan of Kobe on the floor being a Suns fan but what he did in our community will not be forgotten. The Mamba academy is a mile from my house and this town is in shambles really. Vigils completely stopping traffic, everyone walking around like zombies. It's so eerie. I think the worst part about all of this, besides the obvious death of family members, is what Kobe was likely going to do for Women's Hoops. He was going to do wonders for it, and it's going to be hard for anyone to duplicate or push it like he could. Sad day indeed in LA. RIP Kobe.

Wilk5280
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by Wilk5280 »

dbdynsty25 wrote: I think the worst part about all of this, besides the obvious death of family members, is what Kobe was likely going to do for Women's Hoops. He was going to do wonders for it, and it's going to be hard for anyone to duplicate or push it like he could. Sad day indeed in LA. RIP Kobe.
This! I coach a girls travel club team the same age as Gianna's. I can't imagine what the families and that team are experiencing right now. Kobe was doing great things for Women's basketball and like DB said, it's going to be extremely hard and unlikely for anyone to duplicate and push it the way he was. Sad day in LA and a sad day in all of sports. :(

RIP Mamba
RIP Gigi
GT = Wilk5280