Rumor: New Fight Night in the Works !

Welcome to the Digital Sportspage forum.

Moderators: Bill_Abner, ScoopBrady

Rodster
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Rumor: New Fight Night in the Works !

Post by Rodster »

Claressa Shields keeps saying Fight Night 4 but that was out yrs ago. Anyway whether it's true or not I think the UFC series is not a big seller for EA. I would buy a new FN on day 1. Still playing FN Champion on the 360.

She made the correction in a Tweet: https://twitter.com/claressashields/sta ... 09057?s=21

pk500
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Re: Rumor: New Fight Night in the Works !

Post by pk500 »

I should be over the Milky Way with joy. But I've heard so many false rumors of a Fight Night revival that I'll believe it when EA announces it.

Like you, Rod, a new FN game is a Day One purchase for me.
"You know why I love boxers? I love them because they face fear. And they face it alone." - Nick Charles

"First on the throttle, last on the brakes." - @MotoGP Twitter signature

XBL Gamertag: pk4425

Diablo25
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by Diablo25 »

pk500 wrote:I should be over the Milky Way with joy. But I've heard so many false rumors of a Fight Night revival that I'll believe it when EA announces it.

It’s not an EA game...it’s called Round4Round boxing.

https://www.round4roundboxing.com/
XBLive Gamertag - Diablo25
PSN Name - EPDiablo25

Rodster
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by Rodster »

Diablo25 wrote:
pk500 wrote:I should be over the Milky Way with joy. But I've heard so many false rumors of a Fight Night revival that I'll believe it when EA announces it.

Maybe there's a 2nd boxing game in the works if so, hell yeah. That video I posted said that EA is "supposedly" making a follow up Fight Night boxing game.

Diablo25
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by Diablo25 »

Rodster wrote:
Diablo25 wrote:

Maybe there's a 2nd boxing game in the works if so, hell yeah. That video I posted said that EA is "supposedly" making a follow up Fight Night boxing game.
The video with the woman fighter? She was saying Fight Night 4 but screwed up. Your twitter link showed her correcting herself. Maybe I missed the other part.
PSN Name - EPDiablo25

Rodster
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by Rodster »

Diablo25 wrote:The video with the woman fighter? She was saying Fight Night 4 but screwed up. Your twitter link showed her correcting herself. Maybe I missed the other part.
If you listen long enough to the female boxer's YT video 1:25 min mark. It mentions that EA is involved with a new Fight Night game. In her Twitter account she did correct herself when she kept mentioning FN4. It's always hard for me to listen to someone when they're eating.

But again, this is all a rumor as of now. Hopefully it turns out to be true.
Last edited by Rodster on Sun Aug 18, 2019 9:11 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Diablo25
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by Diablo25 »

Rodster wrote:
Diablo25 wrote:The video with the woman fighter? She was saying Fight Night 4 but screwed up. Your twitter link showed her correcting herself. Maybe I missed the other part.
If you listen long enough to the female boxer's YT video, it mentions that EA is involved with a new Fight Night game. In her Twitter account she did correct herself when she kept mentioning FN4. It's always hard for me to listen to someone when they're eating.
Haha. Yes, she was annoying.
PSN Name - EPDiablo25

Rodster
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by Rodster »

Diablo EA is referenced at the 1:25 min mark in the video.

pk500
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by pk500 »

Diablo25 wrote:

Oh, THAT game. Yeah, I'll believe it when I see it. A dude named SHAKYR has been pimping this so-called "game in development" in the Boxing section of the OS Forum for more than year. He's largely full of sh*t.

All smoke, no fire so far. I doubt this game ever will be released, and it's unlikely it will be anything more than an arcade or mediocre boutique title like Casey Powell Lacrosse without major developer and publisher support.
"You know why I love boxers? I love them because they face fear. And they face it alone." - Nick Charles

Rodster
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by Rodster »

pk500 wrote:Oh, THAT game. Yeah, I'll believe it when I see it. A dude named SHAKYR has been pimping this so-called "game in development" in the Boxing section of the OS Forum for more than year. He's largely full of sh*t.

All smoke, no fire so far. I doubt this game ever will be released, and it's unlikely it will be anything more than an arcade or mediocre boutique title like Casey Powell Lacrosse without major developer and publisher support.
Yeah I doubt they'll develop a full fledged Boxing game. You would need deep pockets just for the licensing aspect unless they decide to offer generic Boxers and have an extensive editor which still cost money to do. I'm with you, I just see it as an Indie game just to show to a potential publisher for future projects.

The developer for Backbreaker football bailed on any future projects because of the costs involved and lack of sales and going up against Madden. I see their project in a similar way.

pk500
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by pk500 »

Rodster wrote:The developer for Backbreaker football bailed on any future projects because of the costs involved and lack of sales and going up against Madden. I see their project in a similar way.
Bingo.

I feel somewhat bad for the dude SHAKYR at OS. He's so enthusiastic for the project, but it's also as clear as Mount Rainier on a sunny day that he's completely full of sh*t.

Rodster
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by Rodster »

pk500 wrote:
Rodster wrote:The developer for Backbreaker football bailed on any future projects because of the costs involved and lack of sales and going up against Madden. I see their project in a similar way.
Bingo.

I feel somewhat bad for the dude SHAKYR at OS. He's so enthusiastic for the project, but it's also as clear as Mount Rainier on a sunny day that he's completely full of sh*t.
It's possible and he COULD be legit in chasing his dreams. If he takes the Unity Engine route and includes generic fighters with an editor and sells the game for $9.99-14.99 with the promise of future development and if the game shows promise then he could attract interest from a publisher such as Take Two. The guys who do Super Mega Baseball and NBA Playgrounds lucked out with a buyout. Maybe that's what this person is hoping for so anything is possible including a snowball in hell. We'll see but I'm not holding my breath on his game seeing the light of day.