Shadow of the Tomb Raider

Welcome to the Digital Sportspage forum.

Moderators: Bill_Abner, ScoopBrady

Teal
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Shadow of the Tomb Raider

Post by Teal »

Anyone else give this one a go? I pre-ordered it, and really like it. The formula is largely the same, with some good tweaks and additions, but I love the locale. Story is a bit over dramatic at times, but the tombs are fantastic.
www.trailheadoutfitters.org
trailheadoutfitters.wordpress.com
facebook.com/Intentional.Fatherhood

Diablo25
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Re: Shadow of the Tomb Raider

Post by Diablo25 »

Teal wrote:Anyone else give this one a go? I pre-ordered it, and really like it. The formula is largely the same, with some good tweaks and additions, but I love the locale. Story is a bit over dramatic at times, but the tombs are fantastic.
Definitely going to get it (maybe today). Loved the first 2. Spider-Man single player is still keeping me busy.
XBLive Gamertag - Diablo25
PSN Name - EPDiablo25

Teal
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by Teal »

Diablo25 wrote:
Teal wrote:Anyone else give this one a go? I pre-ordered it, and really like it. The formula is largely the same, with some good tweaks and additions, but I love the locale. Story is a bit over dramatic at times, but the tombs are fantastic.
Definitely going to get it (maybe today). Loved the first 2. Spider-Man single player is still keeping me busy.
Yeah, keep poking at that wound (Spiderman)... Lol

Sudz
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by Sudz »

My copy was delayed due to the Hurricane. Hopefully it shows up today. The 1st game in the reboot was awesome, 2nd was good, I'm hopeful this one is awesome too!

10spro
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by 10spro »

Loved the first two games, and is still sitting under wraps as the rash of demos and recent releases has kept me away from it. The Spiderman game is so addictive too. But definitely will follow Lara Croft’s new adventure this coming week.

(Looks at V-Rally 4 on the side, also still under wraps). :|

Aristo
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by Aristo »

I’m going to pick it up, but this is a terrible time. So many sports games just dropped, the FH4 demo is astounding, and Red Dead 2 and the new AC are on the shortlist, that isn’t so short, along with SofTR. And Spider-Man seems to be a must own after I was hoping it was going to come off as a weak Arkham clone.

With all that, I’m probably just going to wait for sales for the single player cinematic games, and just keep playing the sports titles for now.
XBL Gamertag: JayhawkerStL

Danimal
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by Danimal »

Waiting for it to go on sale, not because I think it is no good as I loved the first two games. Just way too much stuff out right now to play. This one has Steam winter sale written all over it.
Follow Me on:
YouTube - www.youtube.com/maxpixelation/
Twitch - twitch.tv/maximumpixelation
Twitter - twitter.com/maxpixelation

Sudz
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by Sudz »

Love it so far!

Teal
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by Teal »

Sudz wrote:Love it so far!
I really dug the story, the setting, the new elements, everything. Still trying to find tombs and crypts, and looking forward to what they decide to do with dlc.

10spro
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by 10spro »

Hooked. As the previous two.

Sudz
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by Sudz »

Finished up the final boss battle last night. Felt short. I still have to finish up the tombs but am finding some of them hard to get to. I wish they had an option to just 'warp" to each one of them once you beat the final boss.

10spro
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by 10spro »

Just finished it last night. As good as the previous two and as much fun. This gives me time now to concentrate back on Spiderman which is fantastic and in time to play Black Ops 4.

Naples39
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by Naples39 »

FYI for PC guys, the game is on sale this week on Steam. $60 --> $40. That was fast.
XBL-Naples39; Steam-scrub47; GameCenter-MasterOnion39;

TCrouch
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by TCrouch »

I don't know what it is about games like this--both Shadow of the Tomb Raider and Uncharted did this...but when it moves away from "human" enemies into "supernatural" enemies, I lose almost all interest. This game had me going for a bit, then it had a pretty dramatic shift and I quit playing. Probably something weird about my own personality there, but I liked the stealth aspects against people. When it turns into something...else...I'm not into horror-type games, if that makes sense.

Probably not giving the game a fair shake, but there's just too much out right now that's great.
Last edited by TCrouch on Tue Oct 16, 2018 1:42 pm, edited 1 time in total.

sportdan30
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by sportdan30 »

TCrouch wrote:I don't know what it is about games like this--both Shadow of the Tomb Raider and Uncharted did this...but when it moves away from "human" enemies into "supernatural" enemies, I lose almost all interest. This game had me going for a bit, then it had a pretty dramatic shift and I quit playing. Probably something weird about my own personality there, but I liked the stealth aspects against people. When it turns into something...else...I'm not into horror-type games, if that makes sense.

Probably not giving the game a fair shake, but there's just too much out right now that's great.
Ugh, that's disappointing to here. That too is off putting for me. This is low down on the want to play list anyways with a 60 hour plus game of RDR 2 just 10 days away.

TCrouch
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by TCrouch »

Yeah, sorry. I probably should have put some spoiler alert or something there, but I knew about that stuff in some of the reviews I watched and thought it wouldn't be as big a deal as it was to me. I just like the stealth gameplay in TR, and not so much what feels like a totally different genre.

A little late to try to fix...but I did anyway :(

Aristo
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by Aristo »

TCrouch wrote:Yeah, sorry. I probably should have put some spoiler alert or something there, but I knew about that stuff in some of the reviews I watched and thought it wouldn't be as big a deal as it was to me. I just like the stealth gameplay in TR, and not so much what feels like a totally different genre.

A little late to try to fix...but I did anyway :(
Tomb Raider has always has some level of supernatural enemies, though. But I get your point.
XBL Gamertag: JayhawkerStL

MizzouRah
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by MizzouRah »

I've been playing this one quite a bit.. so far it's been fantastic and probably the best looking 4k/hdr game I've seen so far.
XBL GT: MizzouRah0971

MizzouRah
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by MizzouRah »

I fired this gem up again for another play though. One of the best games ever as far as I'm concerned.

I really hope they have another one in the works for next gen.

Diablo25
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by Diablo25 »

I fired it up after a long hiatus also. Superb game. I’ve been spending time on all the little things on each part of the map and haven’t done a main quest in a while. Just a very enjoyable single player experience. Much like Uncharted. Uncharted is a bit better IMO.
XBLive Gamertag - Diablo25
PSN Name - EPDiablo25

MizzouRah
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by MizzouRah »

Diablo25 wrote:
Sun May 24, 2020 1:13 am
I fired it up after a long hiatus also. Superb game. I’ve been spending time on all the little things on each part of the map and haven’t done a main quest in a while. Just a very enjoyable single player experience. Much like Uncharted. Uncharted is a bit better IMO.
Agreed, I'm doing all the little side quests too. Probably the best looking game with 4k and HDR as well.