Madden 20

Welcome to the Digital Sportspage forum.

Moderators: Bill_Abner, ScoopBrady

Wilk5280
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Re: Madden 20

Post by Wilk5280 »

I did see that and it's ridiculous. Even without manipulating the game the running game in 20 is way overpowered. My prediction is that running the ball will be extremely ineffective in '21 (unless of course you drop back and then scramble with cover boy).
GT = Wilk5280

pk500
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by pk500 »

Wilk5280 wrote:I did see that and it's ridiculous. Even without manipulating the game the running game in 20 is way overpowered. My prediction is that running the ball will be extremely ineffective in '21 (unless of course you drop back and then scramble with cover boy).
No doubt. I can't think of another sports franchise that handles slight gameplay flaws with pendulum-swing changes every year more than Madden.

Madden's developers don't know the meaning of "tweak."
"You know why I love boxers? I love them because they face fear. And they face it alone." - Nick Charles

"First on the throttle, last on the brakes." - @MotoGP Twitter signature

XBL Gamertag: pk4425

Sudz
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by Sudz »

Fired up NCAA 14 last night (2019-2020 rosters) and honestly it felt similar to Madden 20. The graphics weren't as crisp, but the animations were similar. The field getting torn up was really one of the things that stood out to me. I wish they'd make that one backwards compatible but playing via my old 360 wasn't that bad.

It just really struck me how well that game has held up...or that the gap between the 14 version of EA football and the 20 version isn't as wide as I'd have expected it to be.

MizzouRah
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by MizzouRah »

Owners vote on 5 year extension with EA sports. Oh fcking great :(

This is complete BS, I don't understand how this is allowed or has been allowed for so long?

https://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2 ... ea-sports/
XBL GT: MizzouRah0971

Rodster
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by Rodster »

MizzouRah wrote:Owners vote on 5 year extension with EA sports. Oh fcking great :(

This is complete BS, I don't understand how this is allowed or has been allowed for so long?

Money talks especially during these financial times and I bet EA may have got a discount. I would love to see a Super Mega Football and or Blitz The League.

pk500
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by pk500 »

MizzouRah wrote:Owners vote on 5 year extension with EA sports. Oh fcking great :(

One word: MONEY.

The owners could give two sh*ts about the quality or features of an NFL video game. They care about making money, and EA has more of it to spend than any rival developers except for Sony and Microsoft. And that's the only place the NFL would draw a line -- it wouldn't allow a console-exclusive title, as that would reduce rights fees (read: revenues) due to fewer units sold.

Otherwise, highest bidder wins. That's EA.

Plus, Madden isn't as bad as some think. Making a football game is one of the more complex challenges for a sports gaming developer. Twenty-two players on the field simultaneously, all with unique movements and roles. Franchise modes and all of the other extra modes. Realistic physics and motion capture for such a chaotic, violent sport. Individual team playbooks. Situational player substitutions. And so on. Football must be the toughest team sport to replicate in a game, with ease.
"You know why I love boxers? I love them because they face fear. And they face it alone." - Nick Charles

"First on the throttle, last on the brakes." - @MotoGP Twitter signature

XBL Gamertag: pk4425

MizzouRah
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by MizzouRah »

I've played the heck out of Madden 20 and have had enjoyment out of it. But like EA NHL hockey, I want something fresh from sports gaming.

I dearly miss the days when 2k was a player in Football and Hockey. :(
XBL GT: MizzouRah0971

Zlax45
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by Zlax45 »

MizzouRah wrote:I've played the heck out of Madden 20 and have had enjoyment out of it. But like EA NHL hockey, I want something fresh from sports gaming.

I dearly miss the days when 2k was a player in Football and Hockey. :(
That is why I have loved Super Mega Baseball 3...it is just fresh
My xbox live name is "The Zlax45"

Aristo
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by Aristo »

Madden is fine. It sells a ton and makes money for EA and the NFL. I think the exclusive contract sucks, but I don’t think it makes the difference most believe.

For a range of reasons, licensed sports games stopped being feasible enough to support multiple games. EA saw it coming and moved first, securing Madden. But, since then, 2K quit hockey and baseball, EA never entered the baseball market when there was an opening and NBA Live will soon be officially dead.

The fact is, at this point 2K would love to to take over the NFL contract, but I don’t believe for a second it is to make some sort of ultimate sim and franchise modes. They want the MUT cash, and fast and fun online play. That’s where the money is.

My gut tells me that the only reason Sony is releasing The Show on Xbox and Switch is because EA offered to buy out the license, but only if they got the exclusive. Sony was given a choice to go multi or lose the license altogether. EA can still make a game, but they won’t compete, the same way 2K won’t in baseball and hockey.

The license 2K is buying has to be significantly less than what EA spends on theirs. And they will use it to do an APF type game with some sort of CCG like MUT, and fun gameplay.
XBL Gamertag: JayhawkerStL