eFootball Pro Evolution Soccer 2020

Welcome to the Digital Sportspage forum.

Moderators: Bill_Abner, ScoopBrady

fanatic
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Re: eFootball Pro Evolution Soccer 2020

Post by fanatic »

Rodster wrote:
Fri Sep 25, 2020 6:11 am
I bought the 2021 update because of comments I read on Operation Sports saying that the game tweaks have made the gameplay much better, even more organic and one comment even said the game now feels more like Winning Eleven. I bought the ManU update from within the game because it was 20% off.

Anyone else planning to buy the season update?

Anything about the AI? That was a game breaker for me. It’s one of my favourite franchises so it pained me to see it fall so far yet have so much potential.

Rodster
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by Rodster »

fanatic wrote:
Fri Sep 25, 2020 7:57 am
Rodster wrote:
I bought the 2021 update because of comments I read on Operation Sports saying that the game tweaks have made the gameplay much better, even more organic and one comment even said the game now feels more like Winning Eleven. I bought the ManU update from within the game because it was 20% off.

Anything about the AI? That was a game breaker for me. It’s one of my favourite franchises so it pained me to see it fall so far yet have so much potential.
I haven't played it yet but those who have played the Season update have made no mention of complaints. I thought the AI was pretty good in PES 2020. 10spro swears the AI is pretty badass i.e. humanlike and realistic when set to its hardest difficulty.

10spro
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by 10spro »

Rodster wrote:

Let me know how you like it. I enjoyed 2020 but wasn’t going to buy the new update because of rosters alone. For me basically it’s the only reason (PES) along MLB and the Sony exclusives that keeps me attached to the PS4.

Rodster
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by Rodster »

10spro wrote:
Fri Sep 25, 2020 12:53 pm
Rodster wrote:

Let me know how you like it. I enjoyed 2020 but wasn’t going to buy the new update because of rosters alone. For me basically it’s the only reason (PES) along MLB and the Sony exclusives that keeps me attached to the PS4.
Anything in particular? I'm not as knowledgable about Futbol as you are.

10spro
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by 10spro »

Rodster wrote:
Fri Sep 25, 2020 1:34 pm
10spro wrote:
Fri Sep 25, 2020 12:53 pm
Rodster wrote:

Anything in particular? I'm not as knowledgable about Futbol as you are.
So you haven’t played 2020? I was assuming you had so that you could tell me what the differences are excepting the updated rosters.

Rodster
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by Rodster »

10spro wrote:
Fri Sep 25, 2020 2:30 pm
So you haven’t played 2020? I was assuming you had so that you could tell me what the differences are excepting the updated rosters.
Honestly playing both PES 2020 and the 2021 Season update they appear similar. One thing I noticed is lack of fouls in the 2021 update. Fouls and bookings in 2020 were common but I mistakenly face-planted a winger in the Season update (ran into him) and didn't get called for a foul or wasn't booked.

The defense in 2021 seems tighter for the CPU but it's easier to counter that with through balls. I scored twice in one game in the 2021 update. The graphics look a little sharper in 2021. I'm playing both on a PS4 Pro.

10's all I can say is you'll need to make your own informed decision mate but for $28 i've done a lot worse.

Edit: CPU seems to be more offensive minded in 2020. I used the same teams and setup in both 2020 and 2021 "Regular Skill" level.

10spro
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by 10spro »

Thanks for the update mate. To be honest the lack of fouls and suspicious goaltending AI have been their achilles heel for the past few years. With FIFA coming up, I’ll pass on this title update and wait for the new engine in 2022. For those that haven’t played it though, for that price is definitely worth a try.