E3 2019

Welcome to the Digital Sportspage forum.

Moderators: Bill_Abner, ScoopBrady

Danimal
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Re: E3 2019

Post by Danimal »

Take notes Keanu, that is how you sell a game you're part of.
Follow Me on:
YouTube - www.youtube.com/maxpixelation/
Twitch - twitch.tv/maximumpixelation
Twitter - twitter.com/maxpixelation

pk500
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by pk500 »

Stoked to see three new FREE episodes coming from Ubisoft for The Division 2. :)
"You know why I love boxers? I love them because they face fear. And they face it alone." - Nick Charles

"First on the throttle, last on the brakes." - @MotoGP Twitter signature

XBL Gamertag: pk4425

pk500
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by pk500 »

Danimal wrote:Ubisoft is killing it
Agree. The free content for The Division 2, Roller Champions looks like the James Caan movie "Rollerball" come to life, Netflix is making a series based on "The Division" with Jake Gyllenhaal and Jessica Chastain, and love the new PvE direction for the next Rainbow Six game since PvP got really tedious with Siege. Plus my son will lose his mind that a third Watch Dogs game is coming.
"You know why I love boxers? I love them because they face fear. And they face it alone." - Nick Charles

"First on the throttle, last on the brakes." - @MotoGP Twitter signature

XBL Gamertag: pk4425

DChaps
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by DChaps »

pk500 wrote:
Danimal wrote:
pk500 wrote: That said, I'm up for another installment of "Bill and Ted!" :)
You're in luck they are making it. Plus Matrix (1) was good, John Wick movies are also great. You're getting much more grumpy PK :D
"The Matrix" was the most overrated movie I've ever seen. Turned it off after an hour, it was so stupid. Never seen a John Wick movie. "Speed" was OK -- cliched as hell but suspenseful.

That said, Reeves was the star of one of my favorite flicks from the 80s -- "River's Edge." :)
Thumbs up to River's Edge. :) Crispin Glover was fantastic in that movie as well. Reeves is also the star of two of my favorite "bad" movies of all time - Point Break and Devil's Advocate.

Teal
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by Teal »

So help me understand game pass ultimate. I just auto renewed xbl last month. I pay 9.99 per month for game pass. It's this saying that if I pay a dollar now, that I have both game pass and xbl for another year before having to pay again?
www.trailheadoutfitters.org
trailheadoutfitters.wordpress.com
facebook.com/Intentional.Fatherhood

Diablo25
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by Diablo25 »

Teal wrote:So help me understand game pass ultimate. I just auto renewed xbl last month. I pay 9.99 per month for game pass. It's this saying that if I pay a dollar now, that I have both game pass and xbl for another year before having to pay again?
https://www.cnet.com/how-to/heres-how-t ... -ultimate/
XBLive Gamertag - Diablo25
PSN Name - EPDiablo25

greggsand
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by greggsand »

pk500 wrote:E3 is getting as stupid as the Oscars and Grammys. Jesus H, Xbox boss Phil Spencer walks on stage to pimp the new Xbox console and gaming lineup and gets a rapturous standing ovation?

I used to enjoy E3. Now it's a giant industry masturbatory exercise more than ever. Just give me the details and f*cking gameplay videos and spare me the two-hour live streams that contain about seven minutes of real meat each.

Plus social media and YouTube have neutered E3. I can remember hanging to every visual on websites and magazines from E3, hopefully getting a glimpse of a cool gameplay video or feature. Now you can get everything from E3 -- and a whole lot that isn't there -- from social media, Twitch, YouTube, etc.

I wonder if gaming companies are really getting solid return on investment from consumers from their lavish presentations at E3. Probably not. But it's one of those industry confab, reach-around events in which major suppliers are entertained and each hardware and software company tries to show it has the biggest erection on the block.
Social media hasn’t neutered E3, it’s helped it turn into a giant fan fest. Back when I used to go to E3, you’d see this amazing stuff, but it would all be boiled down into 2000 word magazine articles & 2 minutes on your local news.

E3 does what it does these days BECAUSE of social media. That’s the point...
Last edited by greggsand on Tue Jun 11, 2019 12:52 am, edited 1 time in total.
My Tesla referral code - get free supercharger miles!! https://ts.la/gregg43474

dbdynsty25
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by dbdynsty25 »

Teal wrote:So help me understand game pass ultimate. I just auto renewed xbl last month. I pay 9.99 per month for game pass. It's this saying that if I pay a dollar now, that I have both game pass and xbl for another year before having to pay again?
Just did the exact same thing. Same situation and everything. The dollar converts you and eliminates your game pass charge for the duration of your live. Cool eh?

Teal
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by Teal »

dbdynsty25 wrote:
Just did the exact same thing. Same situation and everything. The dollar converts you and eliminates your game pass charge for the duration of your live. Cool eh?
Righteous. :D
www.trailheadoutfitters.org
trailheadoutfitters.wordpress.com
facebook.com/Intentional.Fatherhood

XXXIV
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by XXXIV »

DChaps wrote:Reeves is also the star of two of my favorite "bad" movies of all time - Devil's Advocate.
Loved it. The way I hear it, he actually gave up salary to get Al Pacino in the movie. He also did that to get Gene Hackman into the Replacements. Speaking of "bad' movies I like.

I love the John Wick movies. My favorite moment of the three movie series so far has to be my gf leaning over to me in the theatre midway through John Wick 3 and she says "worse movie I have ever seen"...

LOL

I said I love it! :mrgreen:

Loved Me some John Wick at E3!

dbdynsty25
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by dbdynsty25 »

A Breath of the Wild sequel is about the only thing from E3 (outside of the new Elite 2 Controller) that has me excited. I cannot wait for the sequel to my favorite game of all time.