MLB THE SHOW 24 now on Gamepass

Welcome to the Digital Sportspage forum.

Moderators: Bill_Abner, ScoopBrady

Lancer
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

MLB THE SHOW 24 now on Gamepass

Post by Lancer »

topic

Diablo25
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Re: MLB THE SHOW 24 now on Gamepass

Post by Diablo25 »

I’ve had it since Friday. It’s a solid entry for the series. No gigantic improvements but small improvements across the game. Free on Gamepass is a no brainer.
XBLive Gamertag - Diablo25
PSN Name - EPDiablo25

MizzouRah
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by MizzouRah »

Diablo25 wrote:
Tue Mar 19, 2024 4:54 pm
I’ve had it since Friday. It’s a solid entry for the series. No gigantic improvements but small improvements across the game. Free on Gamepass is a no brainer.
Most definitely...
XBL GT: MizzouRah0971

Lancer
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by Lancer »

Initial Impressions -

Game is really tight. 23 they really improved the game play and this year they made everything smoother. It's not a huge leap from 23 but it's enough to notice. The graphics are much clearer and crisper and so is the gameplay and controls.

Game seems a little harder this year in DD. Which is a good thing. They also changed DD from last year where in 23 you got 99 rated players day 1. This year they went back to the older games where you have to build up your team and 99s are rare on release.

But I've played DD for like 8 years now and it's really stale game modes wise. If you're new to it I think you'll really like it but for me, I don't feel like grinding this year.

They added Female Create a player in RTTS. Which is great if you have a daughter who wants to create herself in the game.

Franchise they added some schedule customization where you aren't forced to play all 162. They give you an option to decrease games played.

--
THE BEST THING THOUGH IS STORYLINES. I haven't done the Negro Leagues one yet, but I am doing the Derek Jeter one and the production value is fantastic! I'm sure the Negro League one will be just as good when I get to it.

JOZ
Utility Infielder
Utility Infielder

Post by JOZ »

Anyone know if you are able to import your franchise into the new game yet? If not, I will probably pass.

TheGamer
Starting 5
Starting 5

Post by TheGamer »

JOZ wrote:
Wed Mar 20, 2024 10:26 am
Anyone know if you are able to import your franchise into the new game yet? If not, I will probably pass.
No
XBL gamertag:SecondACR Vet
PSN: BHoward1
http://community.2ksports.com/community ... id=1010465
http://twitter.com/ BradHowardSr

pk500
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by pk500 »

Played just one game last night against the CPU, but I noticed a couple of VERY effective improvements:

1. CPU pitchers go far deeper into the count and walk more batters. I drew eight walks as the Yankees against Texas last night. I don't think I drew 10 walks total in probably 50-75 games of The Show 23. Eovaldi also was forced to throw 80 pitches in just four innings. That's also a far higher pitch count than I saw in last year's game, as most starters were Maddux-like in their efficiency.

2. The Protect batting button (B) is more effective at making contact and keeping at-bats alive. I fouled off a bunch of off-speed pitches last night to sustain at-bats that would have been whiffs in the last two editions of the game.

Only one game, but it sure as hell appears that the best stick-and-ball sports game improved even more this year.
"You know why I love boxers? I love them because they face fear. And they face it alone." - Nick Charles

"First on the throttle, last on the brakes." - @MotoGP Twitter signature

XBL Gamertag: pk4425

Lancer
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by Lancer »

pk500 wrote:
Wed Mar 20, 2024 5:34 pm
Played just one game last night against the CPU, but I noticed a couple of VERY effective improvements:

1. CPU pitchers go far deeper into the count and walk more batters. I drew eight walks as the Yankees against Texas last night. I don't think I drew 10 walks total in probably 50-75 games of The Show 23. Eovaldi also was forced to throw 80 pitches in just four innings. That's also a far higher pitch count than I saw in last year's game, as most starters were Maddux-like in their efficiency.

2. The Protect batting button (B) is more effective at making contact and keeping at-bats alive. I fouled off a bunch of off-speed pitches last night to sustain at-bats that would have been whiffs in the last two editions of the game.

Only one game, but it sure as hell appears that the best stick-and-ball sports game improved even more this year.
if you're a Yankee fan do the Jeter Storylines. It's great. I finished it but I guess they will be adding more content this year.

sportdan30
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by sportdan30 »

While I wait for updated rosters, I played through almost all of the storylines of Josh Gibson last night. Such a cool feature and I'm looking forward to completing all of the other negro league players storylines. The history and stories are very interesting.

And I must say the challenges can be quite.....challenging. :lol:

dbdynsty25
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by dbdynsty25 »

Best part about this years game, cloud streaming it from the couch w/ my GCloud or Odin2...they have really done a good job w/ the latency so it's not a chore to play like last years was. Both streaming from my Series X and from the Cloud are both completely playable finally.

Lancer
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by Lancer »

10 free Packs if you redeem the code in GAMEPASS PERKS section

Lancer
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by Lancer »

dbdynsty25 wrote:
Thu Mar 21, 2024 12:39 pm
Best part about this years game, cloud streaming it from the couch w/ my GCloud or Odin2...they have really done a good job w/ the latency so it's not a chore to play like last years was. Both streaming from my Series X and from the Cloud are both completely playable finally.
i played on xcloud tonight and it was ok. i had to wait 2 min to get in. maybe its a friday night and everyone is online. ill give it a shot on a weeknight where traffic may be less.

dbdynsty25
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by dbdynsty25 »

Lancer wrote:
Sat Mar 23, 2024 1:41 am
dbdynsty25 wrote:
i played on xcloud tonight and it was ok. i had to wait 2 min to get in. maybe its a friday night and everyone is online. ill give it a shot on a weeknight where traffic may be less.
You're better off streaming directly from your Xbox with XBXPlay (if you're talking about via an Android device). Higher resolution than the regular Xbox Gamepass or Xbox Cloud apps.

Lancer
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by Lancer »

dbdynsty25 wrote:
Sat Mar 23, 2024 3:36 pm
Lancer wrote:
Sat Mar 23, 2024 1:41 am
dbdynsty25 wrote:
You're better off streaming directly from your Xbox with XBXPlay (if you're talking about via an Android device). Higher resolution than the regular Xbox Gamepass or Xbox Cloud apps.
what is xbxplay? is that remote play? I have that on my iphone where you can log into the console with the xbox app. or is it something different?

dbdynsty25
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by dbdynsty25 »

Lancer wrote:
Sat Mar 23, 2024 9:28 pm
what is xbxplay? is that remote play? I have that on my iphone where you can log into the console with the xbox app. or is it something different?
It's a better version of the standard Xbox app to connect to your console and remote play. The Xbox app limits the resolution and bitrate to I believe 720p, where XBXPlay does full 1080p.

This is NOT for cloud gaming - but if I'm at home, I use it for all of my games directly from the console as even the Gamepass or Cloud Gaming Xbox apps limit resolution as well. It's all confusing, I know.

Lancer
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by Lancer »

dbdynsty25 wrote:
Mon Mar 25, 2024 2:51 pm
Lancer wrote:
Sat Mar 23, 2024 9:28 pm
It's a better version of the standard Xbox app to connect to your console and remote play. The Xbox app limits the resolution and bitrate to I believe 720p, where XBXPlay does full 1080p.

This is NOT for cloud gaming - but if I'm at home, I use it for all of my games directly from the console as even the Gamepass or Cloud Gaming Xbox apps limit resolution as well. It's all confusing, I know.
does it work on mac?

dbdynsty25
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by dbdynsty25 »

Lancer wrote:
Mon Mar 25, 2024 8:35 pm
does it work on mac?
It’s an Android app, so no.

sportdan30
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by sportdan30 »

Been playing the heck out of Showdown on Diamond Dynasty. Waiting for updated rosters to start my franchise, but until then, I'm having a great time in this DD mode.

Lancer
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by Lancer »

sportdan30 wrote:
Thu Mar 28, 2024 12:22 pm
Been playing the heck out of Showdown on Diamond Dynasty. Waiting for updated rosters to start my franchise, but until then, I'm having a great time in this DD mode.
yes dd is really fun this year. 21 was the best DD but last year was probably the worst. but 24 is excellent and I only play offline.