Xbox Series X and PlayStation 5

Welcome to the Digital Sportspage forum.

Moderators: Bill_Abner, ScoopBrady

sportdan30
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Re: Xbox Series X and PlayStation 5

Post by sportdan30 »

jLp_VaKer0 wrote:
Fri Apr 16, 2021 11:22 am
sportdan30 wrote:
Fri Apr 16, 2021 9:19 am
jLp_VaKer0 wrote:
Tue Apr 13, 2021 5:25 pm
Anyone that has tried both, which controller are you digging the most?

X or PS5?
Both are great, but I'd give the edge to the PS5. I like the feel slightly better and the haptic feedback is awesome.
Thanx.

I know this would vary for everyone, but is the size difference noticeable in your hands during use?

*that’s what she said! :)
:lol:

Nope. It's definitely bigger than the PS4 controller. I find it to be much more comfortable as well. Maybe a slight bit smaller than the Series X controller.

Diablo25
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by Diablo25 »

sportdan30 wrote:
jLp_VaKer0 wrote:

X or PS5?
Both are great, but I'd give the edge to the PS5. I like the feel slightly better and the haptic feedback is awesome.
The PS5’s Taptic feedback is very nice but Ive always been a fan of the Xbox controller. I have the Elite 2 controller so its no contest IMO. The PS5 controller has definitely gotten a bit bigger and more comfortable though. It’s obviously a person preference.
XBLive Gamertag - Diablo25
PSN Name - EPDiablo25

dbdynsty25
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by dbdynsty25 »

Diablo25 wrote:
Sun Apr 18, 2021 8:15 am
sportdan30 wrote:
jLp_VaKer0 wrote:

X or PS5?
The PS5’s Taptic feedback is very nice but Ive always been a fan of the Xbox controller. I have the Elite 2 controller so its no contest IMO. The PS5 controller has definitely gotten a bit bigger and more comfortable though. It’s obviously a person preference.
I really wish you could still buy the first elite controller. The second is crap in comparison. They made it more durable (specifically then grips) but it makes it significantly less comfortable and grippy. And the buttons are all less responsive. I’ve swapped mine out twice and it just appears to be the case with all of them. Oh well, still better than the stock controllers but not by much.

jLp_VaKer0
Mario Mendoza

Post by jLp_VaKer0 »

Xbox Series X https://www.amazon.com/dp/B08H75RTZ8/re ... RZDW?psc=1

RUN!

***Was able to snag one (not cancelling the order this time).

jLp_VaKer0
Mario Mendoza

Post by jLp_VaKer0 »

jLp_VaKer0 wrote:
Wed Apr 21, 2021 7:20 pm

RUN!

I have a question about XBL Free Games.

Can you keep Free games (Games with Gold?) as long as you have a Xbox Live account (like PSN Plus)?

Rodster
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by Rodster »

jLp_VaKer0 wrote:
Wed Apr 21, 2021 10:40 pm
jLp_VaKer0 wrote:

RUN!

Can you keep Free games (Games with Gold?) as long as you have a Xbox Live account (like PSN Plus)?
Si

jLp_VaKer0
Mario Mendoza

Post by jLp_VaKer0 »

Rodster wrote:
Wed Apr 21, 2021 11:03 pm
jLp_VaKer0 wrote:
Wed Apr 21, 2021 10:40 pm
jLp_VaKer0 wrote:

RUN!

Si

Gracias!

So seems like MS is offering Game Pass (Ultimate) upgrade for $1 a month for new customers (36 months max) with Xbox live Gold.

Just bought (2) 1 year XBL digital codes, as soon as I redeem them I should be able to upgrade those 2 years to Ultimate for $1 a month.

I think is worth it considering that I'm saving $70 for MLB The Show in Game Pass. I'll see if I keep it after 2 years.

Rodster
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by Rodster »

Since this is your first time doing the Game Pass sub, let me caution you that you get a maximum of 3 years. So after you are locked in to Game Pass then any XBL Gold cards are converted to Game Pass but it's no longer a 1:1 ratio. Once you are on Game Pass a 1 year XBL Gold sub equals 4 months of Game Pass. So keep that in mind.

Game Pass is BEYOND ESSENTIAL at this point. It's one of the many great ideas Microsoft have brought to the videogame console space. It just keeps getting better and better and with the acquisition of Bethesda and a sh*tload of top level developers which means day 1 access which now includes EA Play and 10 hour time trials for all of EA Sports games, GP is a no brainer.

So you may want to rethink your strategy and buy another 1 year XBL Gold sub and convert it all to Game Pass Ultimate for a $1. Oh and GPU gives you access to many games on the PC.

jLp_VaKer0
Mario Mendoza

Post by jLp_VaKer0 »

Rodster wrote:
Thu Apr 22, 2021 8:55 am
Since this is your first time doing the Game Pass sub, let me caution you that you get a maximum of 3 years. So after you are locked in to Game Pass then any XBL Gold cards are converted to Game Pass but it's no longer a 1:1 ratio. Once you are on Game Pass a 1 year XBL Gold sub equals 4 months of Game Pass. So keep that in mind.

Game Pass is BEYOND ESSENTIAL at this point. It's one of the many great ideas Microsoft have brought to the videogame console space. It just keeps getting better and better and with the acquisition of Bethesda and a sh*tload of top level developers which means day 1 access which now includes EA Play and 10 hour time trials for all of EA Sports games, GP is a no brainer.

So you may want to rethink your strategy and buy another 1 year XBL Gold sub and convert it all to Game Pass Ultimate for a $1. Oh and GPU gives you access to many games on the PC.
Yeah, I got that, thanx Rod.

I can confirm that I purchased 2 XBL Gold years and upgraded to Game Pass for $1 a month.

It clearly states in my subscription that it will start charging me $14.99 on 5/22/2023.

I really don't game a lot so I'll probably fall back to regular Gold XBL after the 2 years but we'll see.

sportdan30
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by sportdan30 »

I have an unopened Series S if anyone is interested in one at $300.

sportdan30
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by sportdan30 »

Anyone with a PS5 picking up Returnal tomorrow? Can't tell if it's my type of game or not. Review scores are looking great.

Danimal
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by Danimal »

sportdan30 wrote:
Thu Apr 29, 2021 10:26 am
Anyone with a PS5 picking up Returnal tomorrow? Can't tell if it's my type of game or not. Review scores are looking great.
It's Rogue shooter with a AAA budget I've heard and that the levels are odd and small but the visuals are fantastic. This was on the GB podcast I listen too but even with that they liked it. Considering I don't have a PS5 or XBSX yet I can't try it but I'm not paying $70 for a Rogue type game ever.
Follow Me on:
YouTube - www.youtube.com/maxpixelation/
Twitch - twitch.tv/maximumpixelation
Twitter - twitter.com/maxpixelation

Rodster
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by Rodster »

Danimal wrote:
Thu Apr 29, 2021 4:32 pm
It's Rogue shooter with a AAA budget I've heard and that the levels are odd and small but the visuals are fantastic. This was on the GB podcast I listen too but even with that they liked it. Considering I don't have a PS5 or XBSX yet I can't try it but I'm not paying $70 for a Rogue type game ever.
And they can get away charging $70 because there aren’t a whole lot of PS5 only games. I’m glad I still haven’t found one. Now if Bloodborne II or Gran Turismo 7 get released, that’ll be a different story.

Lancer
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by Lancer »

Im going back and forth every month on which new console to get. Get swayed by social media too.

I was all in for xbx since the show is on it but after seeing some youtube videos they're saying ps5 has all the exclusives and xbox not many.

the thing is I mainly play sports games BUT I do like the the opportunity to play exclusive games next gen because I think the quality of the graphics and gameplay will be unreal.

But the only Sony exclusive I liked during PS4 was Ghosts of Tsushima. All their other titles like Uncharted and Spiderman just don't do it for me.

The only thing holding me back on PS5 is storage. Maybe they can find a way where you can store games on a SSD and play it from there.

XBX is mainly due to gamepass. If the rumors are correct, even the EA games will go day one on gamepass like MLB the show did. And since I mainly play sports, that is going to be a hard one to pass up. I have not bought a game on Xbox for the last 6 mo because of gamepass.

So it's PS5 exlusives I want to try vs 'Free' games on gamepass. I dont think i'll own both systems this gen. Always been more of a Xbox guy but I am more open to PS5 exclusives this gen.

10spro
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by 10spro »

Did anyone else get invited to the Beta Xbox cloud gaming on iOS? Pretty damn cool playing MLB 21 in my iPad Pro yesterday although I got a couple of hits and mostly threw balls due to the bad lag and latency of the controller, seeing a bunch of Xbox library games on the iPad was very cool.

Obviously shooters and sports games are not going to thrive in this early Beta but was wondering if anyone else that got the invite can recommend any decent games without much latency going.

greggsand
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by greggsand »

10spro wrote:
Sun May 02, 2021 3:29 am
Did anyone else get invited to the Beta Xbox cloud gaming on iOS? Pretty damn cool playing MLB 21 in my iPad Pro yesterday although I got a couple of hits and mostly threw balls due to the bad lag and latency of the controller, seeing a bunch of Xbox library games on the iPad was very cool.

Obviously shooters and sports games are not going to thrive in this early Beta but was wondering if anyone else that got the invite can recommend any decent games without much latency going.
It works great for games like Gears Tactics (anything turn or puzzle-based, really), but anything that takes actually timing, it's too frustrating. This will be great for bus trips and such (when I can travel again!).
My Tesla referral code - get free supercharger miles!! https://ts.la/gregg43474

Lancer
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by Lancer »

Does anyone here have the digital PS5 version? I may end up getting that one if it's more available than the drive version.

Diablo25
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by Diablo25 »

Lancer wrote:
Sun May 02, 2021 2:48 pm
Does anyone here have the digital PS5 version? I may end up getting that one if it's more available than the drive version.
It’s not more available. It’s the hardest version to get
PSN Name - EPDiablo25

dbdynsty25
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by dbdynsty25 »

Diablo25 wrote:
Sun May 02, 2021 4:37 pm
Lancer wrote:
How do you figure? It was the only one I was able to snag for my nephew before Christmas.

Sudz
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by Sudz »

I ended up snagging a decently priced one off ebay. Actually got the one with the drive cheaper than the all-digital version.

Lancer
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by Lancer »

i go all these sites but seems i get there too late. it's sold out by the time i try to snag one.

i guess i'll end up getting which is available first.

sportdan30
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by sportdan30 »

Lancer wrote:
Mon May 03, 2021 2:36 pm
i go all these sites but seems i get there too late. it's sold out by the time i try to snag one.

i guess i'll end up getting which is available first.
Check out this youtube channel. Shows up to date stock and last drops.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JaZjaJARu24

Diablo25
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by Diablo25 »

dbdynsty25 wrote:
Mon May 03, 2021 12:24 am
Diablo25 wrote:
Sun May 02, 2021 4:37 pm
Lancer wrote:
How do you figure? It was the only one I was able to snag for my nephew before Christmas.
Well that proves it.
PSN Name - EPDiablo25

dbdynsty25
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by dbdynsty25 »

Diablo25 wrote:
Mon May 03, 2021 6:06 pm
Well that proves it.
Was a simple question...not like you gave us any data. At least I've actually purchased a digital.

Diablo25
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by Diablo25 »

dbdynsty25 wrote:
Mon May 03, 2021 11:19 pm
Diablo25 wrote:
Mon May 03, 2021 6:06 pm
Well that proves it.
Was a simple question...not like you gave us any data. At least I've actually purchased a digital.
Pretty much every single drop has/had fewer digital versions than disc versions. There are numerous YouTube channels that have been following the drops of PS5s for months and that has been the consistent trend.

https://culturedvultures.com/report-few ... on-launch/
PSN Name - EPDiablo25