Xbox Series X and PlayStation 5

Welcome to the Digital Sportspage forum.

Moderators: Bill_Abner, ScoopBrady

Sudz
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Re: Xbox Series X and PlayStation 5

Post by Sudz »

Snagged a PS5 and man, that controller is amazing. the Astro demo is so fun too! Needs more levels.

XXXIV
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by XXXIV »

vader29 wrote:
Wed Feb 17, 2021 7:53 pm
Official Xbox wireless headset coming soon, uses same wireless technology that the controllers use to connect to the Xbox.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZPHvH7D6qQY

Got it. Played it with it last night. Easy as a controller to set up. Easy to use. Looks ok. Fits my big head and comfortably.

Sounds good. Not the best I have heard but hard to beat for $100. Some cheap ass Dub-lee.

The mic will get tested on Dragon night.

Happy.

jLp_VaKer0
Mario Mendoza

Post by jLp_VaKer0 »

Are most of you “settling “ for the Xbox digital only or waiting it out for the disc version?

In PS world the “cheap” PS5 is not as powerful as the big dog right?

My main TV is still a 55” 1080p LED so I just can’t find myself to justify buying one of the ng consoles yet.

It really is a nice excuse to go ahead and update to a 65” 4k though. :lol:

Danimal
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by Danimal »

Walmart had stock online today, got it in my cart and it sold out before I could check out.

This will never end unless MS and Sony do something about the bots and scalpers
Follow Me on:
YouTube - www.youtube.com/maxpixelation/
Twitch - twitch.tv/maximumpixelation
Twitter - twitter.com/maxpixelation

10spro
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by 10spro »

XXXIV wrote:
Wed Mar 17, 2021 11:13 am
Got it. Played it with it last night. Easy as a controller to set up. Easy to use. Looks ok. Fits my big head and comfortably.

Sounds good. Not the best I have heard but hard to beat for $100. Some cheap ass Dub-lee.

Happy.
Still waiting for mine as BB sent me an email that they’re a bit behind with shipping. I am back in town so will hear you tomorrow. Now regarding the Atmos sound, do you need to DL the app to get all the bell and whistles? I understand they give us the App for free on a trial basis only.

dbdynsty25
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by dbdynsty25 »

10spro wrote:
Thu Mar 18, 2021 4:01 pm
XXXIV wrote:

Happy.
Still waiting for mine as BB sent me an email that they’re a bit behind with shipping. I am back in town so will hear you tomorrow. Now regarding the Atmos sound, do you need to DL the app to get all the bell and whistles? I understand they give us the App for free on a trial basis only.
Got mine day of release, luckily saw them online the night before with a few in stock at a BB a few miles away so bought them immediately and picked them up day of release. Very good sounding, but the mic is meh...not that great but I mostly use them for late night gaming in my office. Comfortable for about an hour of use, then they start to pinch a bit w/ my glasses. Not their fault really. Impressive for 100 bucks that's for damn sure.

fletcher21
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by fletcher21 »

How lacking is the series S compared to X? I have read all the specs, but I’m wondering if anyone here has some real life experience. My PS5 will remain my main console, but I am interested in an Xbox to take advantage of game pass. I also have heard that some of my favorite games like fallout 76 and FO4 play better on Xbox. The price isn’t an issue, but the S is available now and the X will be sold out until who knows when.

I care way more about frame rate and loading times than I do ray tracing and other graphical perks. Is the S decent enough, or is it worth waiting for an X?

Dave
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by Dave »

dbdynsty25 wrote:
Thu Mar 18, 2021 5:47 pm
Got mine day of release, luckily saw them online the night before with a few in stock at a BB a few miles away so bought them immediately and picked them up day of release. Very good sounding, but the mic is meh...not that great but I mostly use them for late night gaming in my office. Comfortable for about an hour of use, then they start to pinch a bit w/ my glasses. Not their fault really. Impressive for 100 bucks that's for damn sure.
Which headphones do you find the most comfortable with glasses? I have an old set of Astro A40s that I use on the computer and the cups are small enough that I can rest the arms of my glasses on them without a problem, but it isn't ideal.
xbl/psn tag: dave2eleven

XXXIV
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by XXXIV »

10spro wrote:
Thu Mar 18, 2021 4:01 pm
XXXIV wrote:

Happy.

Sounds like Best Buy is trying to protect you from Mrs Iospro. Dont forget that it was Vader not I that saw them first..

I think the Dolby Atmos app is a 6 month trial and a one time $15 purchase.

TheTruth
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by TheTruth »

Danimal wrote:
Thu Mar 18, 2021 2:58 pm
Walmart had stock online today, got it in my cart and it sold out before I could check out.

This will never end unless MS and Sony do something about the bots and scalpers
Same here! I was pumped, then hit the final button and boom out of stock! The search continues.
[b]Xbox Live Gamertag:[/b] [color=red]HOGZ TheTruth[/color] Wii: 7256 9991 5571 9701

dbdynsty25
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by dbdynsty25 »

Dave wrote:
Fri Mar 19, 2021 10:08 am
dbdynsty25 wrote:
Thu Mar 18, 2021 5:47 pm
Which headphones do you find the most comfortable with glasses? I have an old set of Astro A40s that I use on the computer and the cups are small enough that I can rest the arms of my glasses on them without a problem, but it isn't ideal.
Well this is my first official gaming headphone, before I was just using my Sony MDR-1AM2 because they are by far the most comfortable and light headphones I've ever worn and they sound incredible. Being a regular headphone tho, you have to go into the dashboard to adjust all of your sound mixes and volume instead of doing it on the headset. That's the only reason I switched. The Sony's ear cups are so soft and comfortable they just go over the arms of glasses so easily and it keeps the seal (which if you lose your seal, you lose all the bass).

vader29
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by vader29 »

XXXIV wrote:
vader29 wrote:
Wed Feb 17, 2021 7:53 pm
Official Xbox wireless headset coming soon, uses same wireless technology that the controllers use to connect to the Xbox.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZPHvH7D6qQY

Happy.
Picked mine up today, sound is not quite as good as my Plantronics RIG 800LX that I've been using for the last 3 years but still sounds good, heavy bass. Not a fan of the leather earcups so I switched the Plantronics ones over to it and feels much better. Hopefully the mic will sound good in party chat tonight.
"Two rules man: Stay away from my f***in percocets and do you have any f***in percocets?" ~ Marco Belchier
https://www.ea.com/games/nhl/nhl-20/pro ... rm=xboxone

Lancer
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by Lancer »

Still waiting for a new console and going back on forth xbx or ps5.

I originally was wanting ps5, then when i heard the show coming to xb, xbx. Now I seem to be going back the other way to ps5.

For those of you have both, which is better - just choose one and type it down. Don't need to explain why - I know all the reasons for both, but just plain out one answer, if you had to buy one after 6 mo after release now, which one?

vader29
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by vader29 »

"Two rules man: Stay away from my f***in percocets and do you have any f***in percocets?" ~ Marco Belchier
https://www.ea.com/games/nhl/nhl-20/pro ... rm=xboxone

pk500
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by pk500 »

I know I'm the outlier because I'm a boxing fanatic, but I'm not overwhelmed by the game or video yet.

One, the fighter lineup leans heavily on European fighters since this game is coming from The Continent. It needs more American and Mexican fighters.

Two, the fighter movement isn't that impressive. Too many guys holding their lead hand by their waist instead of a proper guard. And if I see one more guy lift his jaw toward the sky like a lantern while throwing a jab, I may fall over laughing. Nobody launches their chin on a jab if they know what they're doing -- it stays tucked or rolled behind the shoulder.

Still, I hope this game succeeds. It's been WAY too long since there has been a solid boxing game. Fight Night Champion was more of a cheesy story game than a boxing game. It was basically a fighting game with a boxing skin. Pretty much sucks.
"You know why I love boxers? I love them because they face fear. And they face it alone." - Nick Charles

"First on the throttle, last on the brakes." - @MotoGP Twitter signature

XBL Gamertag: pk4425

wco81
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by wco81 »

Don't they have the UFC rights too?

You'd think UFC would be a bigger draw than a boxing game.

Danimal
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by Danimal »

I can't believe it is April and I still can get an XBX or PS 5. How the hell is stock still so low and when are they going to do anything about the bots / scalpers.
Follow Me on:

dbdynsty25
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by dbdynsty25 »

Danimal wrote:
Tue Apr 13, 2021 2:23 pm
I can't believe it is April and I still can get an XBX or PS 5. How the hell is stock still so low and when are they going to do anything about the bots / scalpers.
Silicon shortages worldwide, probably for the next year at least - and they won't do sh*t about the scalpers.

Danimal
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by Danimal »

dbdynsty25 wrote:
Tue Apr 13, 2021 2:27 pm
Danimal wrote:
Silicon shortages worldwide, probably for the next year at least - and they won't do sh*t about the scalpers.
I'm getting to the point I may just use StockX.
Follow Me on:

pk500
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by pk500 »

Danimal wrote:
Tue Apr 13, 2021 2:39 pm
dbdynsty25 wrote:
Danimal wrote:
The money I had put aside for a Series X has long since been spent on new wired headphones and headphone amps, my other passionate non-athletic hobby. Zero f*cks given.

Maybe I'll buy an X later this year. Maybe not. It's like anything you covet but can't get or anything you give up -- sooner or later you learn to live without it just fine. Plus my OG Xbox One is still kicking along with no problems.
"You know why I love boxers? I love them because they face fear. And they face it alone." - Nick Charles

fletcher21
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by fletcher21 »

pk500 wrote:
Tue Apr 13, 2021 4:58 pm
Danimal wrote:
Tue Apr 13, 2021 2:39 pm
dbdynsty25 wrote:

The money I had put aside for a Series X has long since been spent on new wired headphones and headphone amps, my other passionate non-athletic hobby. Zero f*cks given.

Maybe I'll buy an X later this year. Maybe not. It's like anything you covet but can't get or anything you give up -- sooner or later you learn to live without it just fine. Plus my OG Xbox One is still kicking along with no problems.
I’m also into headphones. What brand is your go-to? There’s a headphone site called Drop that features tons of products. It’s crazy how much money some high quality headphones go for.

jLp_VaKer0
Mario Mendoza

Post by jLp_VaKer0 »

Anyone that has tried both, which controller are you digging the most?

X or PS5?

pk500
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by pk500 »

fletcher21 wrote:
Tue Apr 13, 2021 5:07 pm
I’m also into headphones. What brand is your go-to? There’s a headphone site called Drop that features tons of products. It’s crazy how much money some high quality headphones go for.
Well aware of Drop. I've never bought anything from them because the quality can be spotty, and I don't like waiting for the drop shipments in this world of Amazon Prime. :)

Right now I own four pairs of headphones:

1. HiFiMan HE-400se International over-ear open-back planar magnetics. INCREDIBLE sound for $150. Pretty neutral fidelity but musical as hell. I've heard $400 headphones that sound much worse.
2. Sennheiser HD 560s over-ear open-back dynamics. Very neutral, clinical sound. Very good for critical listening for a $200 can.
3. Meze 99 Classics over-ear closed-back dynamics. Warm, rich, bassy. Nowhere near neutral but fun as hell, with chocolatey bass and surprisingly clear mids and highs. The build quality is insane. Wooden cups, all metal hardware. Not a centimeter of plastic on them. Lovely for $310.
4. Moondrop Starfield IEMs. Balanced sound with a bit of bass punch -- but not slam -- in a gorgeous IEM for just $110. These are my mobile daily drivers.

I'm using two amps. TempoTec Sonata HD Pro DAC/amp dongle and the iFi Hip Dac portable DAC/amp. Oh, and everyone should have the $9 Apple Lightning dongle DAC if you own an iPhone. No power, but it's a damn good DAC that measures better than some DAC's 10 times its price.

I gave up on wireless headphones of all types for music. I've tried everything shy of the new $550 Apple AirPods Max. I've tried Sennheiser Momentum 3s, Bose QC35 II, Shure Aonic, Sony XM3 and XM4, Beyerdynamic Lagoon, AKG K371BT, AKG N700NCM2 and two types of wireless Master & Dynamics, and the sound simply can't compare to my $150 HE-400se International or even my Starfields. This isn't just slipping them over my ears for one song in a store, either. It was extensive testing -- thank God for easy returns through Amazon Prime. :)

Sure, wireless cans are convenient. But their sound just isn't as good as wired. Bluetooth is lossy, regardless of the codec. That can't be overcome, at least for now. LDAC is getting close, but it's not there.

What are you rocking, Fletch? You can PM me so we don't threadjack. Or just post one more time about cans, and then we can let this thread return to its regularly scheduled programming. :)

sportdan30
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by sportdan30 »

jLp_VaKer0 wrote:
Tue Apr 13, 2021 5:25 pm

X or PS5?
Both are great, but I'd give the edge to the PS5. I like the feel slightly better and the haptic feedback is awesome.

jLp_VaKer0
Mario Mendoza

Post by jLp_VaKer0 »

sportdan30 wrote:
Fri Apr 16, 2021 9:19 am
jLp_VaKer0 wrote:
Tue Apr 13, 2021 5:25 pm

X or PS5?
Both are great, but I'd give the edge to the PS5. I like the feel slightly better and the haptic feedback is awesome.
Thanx.

I know this would vary for everyone, but is the size difference noticeable in your hands during use?

*that’s what she said! :)