Xbox Series X and PlayStation 5

Welcome to the Digital Sportspage forum.

Moderators: Bill_Abner, ScoopBrady

Danimal
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Re: Xbox Series X and PlayStation 5

Post by Danimal »

Wilk5280 wrote:
Wed Dec 02, 2020 6:01 pm
Sounds like Walmart will have more stock available tomorrow (Dec 3rd) at some point. I didn't see what times, but those still on the hunt it may be an option. I had luck on Nov 25th using the Walmart mobile app even though the website was crashing and then coming up as out of stock. That might also be worth looking into as a way to help your odds.
Where did you hear this? I've been checking all morning and haven't seen anything.
Follow Me on:
YouTube - www.youtube.com/maxpixelation/
Twitch - twitch.tv/maximumpixelation
Twitter - twitter.com/maxpixelation

Wilk5280
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by Wilk5280 »

Danimal wrote:
Thu Dec 03, 2020 12:12 pm
Wilk5280 wrote:
Sounds like Walmart will have more stock available tomorrow (Dec 3rd) at some point. I didn't see what times, but those still on the hunt it may be an option. I had luck on Nov 25th using the Walmart mobile app even though the website was crashing and then coming up as out of stock. That might also be worth looking into as a way to help your odds.
Where did you hear this? I've been checking all morning and haven't seen anything.
I saw it in a video, but here's a link that confirms it as well....

https://www.t3.com/us/news/walmart-ps5- ... live-dec-3

**EDIT**

That link is apparently from Canada, but here's one for the US

https://www.forbes.com/sites/davidthier ... 69994abfa2
GT = Wilk5280

Danimal
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by Danimal »

Wilk5280 wrote:
Thu Dec 03, 2020 12:21 pm
Danimal wrote:
Wilk5280 wrote:

**EDIT**

Thanks, its funny you guys said to use the app. I have the app on my phone and the Xbox Series X doesn't even come up in it when I search, just the Series S.
Follow Me on:

sportdan30
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by sportdan30 »

Fifa 21 looks amazing as well. Crowds look great. Player models are stunning.

EA gets sh*t on a lot, and deservedly so, but they did a very good job with what is the infancy of next gen.

Anyways, it's a shame the NHL 21 devs couldn't do the same.

Wilk5280
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by Wilk5280 »

Danimal wrote:
Thu Dec 03, 2020 12:25 pm
Wilk5280 wrote:
Danimal wrote:

**EDIT**

Thanks, its funny you guys said to use the app. I have the app on my phone and the Xbox Series X doesn't even come up in it when I search, just the Series S.

I just checked and only see the Series S as well. Not sure what's up there, weird.
GT = Wilk5280

JOZ
Utility Infielder
Utility Infielder

Post by JOZ »

Danimal wrote:
Wilk5280 wrote:
Danimal wrote:

**EDIT**

Walmart is definitely iffy. I have seen where it had a page for the Series X stating "Out of Stock", but also see no listing at all. I believe both times they stated they would have stock, it showed on the Series X page the date and time it would go live.

Danimal
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by Danimal »

It never went live I am sitting here hitting refresh.
Follow Me on:

tjung0831
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by tjung0831 »

Wilk5280 wrote:
Thu Dec 03, 2020 12:53 pm
Danimal wrote:
Wilk5280 wrote:

**EDIT**

I just checked and only see the Series S as well. Not sure what's up there, weird.
Just scroll down..the series x is there. Not in stock however
Tim

"tjungin it"

PS4 - tjung0831
Xbox - NHLTIM

MizzouRah
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by MizzouRah »

sportdan30 wrote:
Thu Dec 03, 2020 12:33 pm
Fifa 21 looks amazing as well. Crowds look great. Player models are stunning.

EA gets sh*t on a lot, and deservedly so, but they did a very good job with what is the infancy of next gen.

Anyways, it's a shame the NHL 21 devs couldn't do the same.
For NHL it looks better with auto hdr feature at least.
XBL GT: MizzouRah0971

Rodster
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by Rodster »

How's the gameplay in next gen FIFA? Has it improved, is it more realistic?

dbdynsty25
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by dbdynsty25 »

Rodster wrote:
Thu Dec 03, 2020 2:01 pm
How's the gameplay in next gen FIFA? Has it improved, is it more realistic?
Realistic? That's not EA soccer. That said, not a ton has changed. Movement is more momentum based for sure and the ball bounces are a little more random and less controlled by the lesser skilled players but that's all I've really noticed after two games. The graphics are definitely better, so there's that. :)

All good changes to be sure...so we'll see how it holds up.

Lancer
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by Lancer »

Seeing the next gen Madden and FIFA today it made me want to get a next gen system. Just the graphical upgrades had me. Good they are too hard to find as I probably would regret the purchase.

Wilk5280
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by Wilk5280 »

I'm having some serious concerns with wifi issues on the Series X. I cannot get through a round of Cold War without getting "connection interrupted" dropouts and the one game of Madden I played online was terrible in regard to internet connection. According to online searches it's pretty widespread, too.
GT = Wilk5280

10spro
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by 10spro »

Wilk5280 wrote:
Fri Dec 04, 2020 2:05 am
I'm having some serious concerns with wifi issues on the Series X. I cannot get through a round of Cold War without getting "connection interrupted" dropouts and the one game of Madden I played online was terrible in regard to internet connection. According to online searches it's pretty widespread, too.
You’re not the only one with Cold War. You probably have the Xbox One version of the game like I and there’s been wide reports of the game rendering the Series X and PS5 useless. If you go to the MS store apparently there’s a cross-gen version of the game but I am not forking any extra money for Activision for something that they should have been well prepared such as the release of two new consoles.

Also I was reading that by disabling ‘Ray tracing’ the game stops crashing but I don’t see that in settings anywhere.

Their PR department will tell you to get the X/S version of the game or simply stop playing until another patch comes out. You don’t want to brick your brand new spanking machine.

Personally, I am just sticking to Modern Warfare Warzone for now if you want to shoot something, but every time I play online or Campaign, Cold War just crashes my Series X.

In regards to Madden 21 I just kept getting the message that I was not registered with EA and the game kept on freezing. Just tried it later on and it was fine.

Just be careful with COD, I know it’s disappointing but just wait for a fix.

AcemanPR
Starting 5
Starting 5

Post by AcemanPR »

Wilk5280 wrote:
There are definitely issues with the Call of Duty games, doubt it is your Xbox. I've had no other problems other than with Cold War, and now with Modern Warfare after the latest update earlier in the week.

Wilk5280
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by Wilk5280 »

10spro wrote:
Fri Dec 04, 2020 2:41 am
Wilk5280 wrote:
You’re not the only one with Cold War. You probably have the Xbox One version of the game like I and there’s been wide reports of the game rendering the Series X and PS5 useless. If you go to the MS store apparently there’s a cross-gen version of the game but I am not forking any extra money for Activision for something that they should have been well prepared such as the release of two new consoles.

Also I was reading that by disabling ‘Ray tracing’ the game stops crashing but I don’t see that in settings anywhere.

Their PR department will tell you to get the X/S version of the game or simply stop playing until another patch comes out. You don’t want to brick your brand new spanking machine.

Personally, I am just sticking to Modern Warfare Warzone for now if you want to shoot something, but every time I play online or Campaign, Cold War just crashes my Series X.

In regards to Madden 21 I just kept getting the message that I was not registered with EA and the game kept on freezing. Just tried it later on and it was fine.

Just be careful with COD, I know it’s disappointing but just wait for a fix.
Thanks 10's. I did ensure to install the X/S version of CW and it's not crashing or freezing my system, it's just dropping wifi during a match for anywhere from 5-20 seconds. The lost connection icon comes up with the words "Connection Interrupted". The best way to describe it is that's it's like being lag-switched back in the day. The irony is that CW would crash my One X back to dashboard or completely shut the system off multiple times, so I have experienced that nonsense, too. Another thing with CW, unless I'm mistaken, is that when running at 4K/120Hz Ray Tracing isn't an option you can turn on. Maybe I'm wrong on that one.

For Madden it's also like being lag-switched. The connection drops and a message that says something like "Trying to re-establish connection to your opponent" comes up. It's really frustrating, and I'm hoping it's something that can be fixed via software and not a bad hardware issue.
GT = Wilk5280

tjung0831
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by tjung0831 »

Walmart has a series X with 3 months of game pass available right now....for $1399! Lol...what in the hell?

http://www.walmart.com/ip/Newest-Xbox-S ... /340924963
Tim

"tjungin it"

PS4 - tjung0831
Xbox - NHLTIM

Wilk5280
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by Wilk5280 »

Forgot I had some powerline adapters for use in the basement. Brought 'em up here to the main room to test out and online has been silky smooth, leading me to believe that there are some legit wifi issues with the Series X.

I couldn't find anything about people experiencing the same issues I was having, but during my search I came across a lot of people who couldn't get online with their console via WiFi at all. Here's to being early adopters I guess.
GT = Wilk5280

vader29
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by vader29 »

Wilk5280 wrote:
Fri Dec 04, 2020 1:47 pm
Forgot I had some powerline adapters for use in the basement. Brought 'em up here to the main room to test out and online has been silky smooth, leading me to believe that there are some legit wifi issues with the Series X.

I couldn't find anything about people experiencing the same issues I was having, but during my search I came across a lot of people who couldn't get online with their console via WiFi at all. Here's to being early adopters I guess.
I did the set up of the console on wifi with no problems but that first weekend playing NHL online the first game I played I had severe lag, plugged in the ethernet cord after that and it has been flawless since.
"Two rules man: Stay away from my f***in percocets and do you have any f***in percocets?" ~ Marco Belchier
https://www.ea.com/games/nhl/nhl-20/pro ... rm=xboxone

10spro
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by 10spro »

Here’s my experiment with CoD CW tonight. Turned off HDR, and changed 120HZ to 60. Played some more campaign and other than just one crash it’s been fine since. Will try the online mode later on, here’s hoping it works fine under those changes I made.

Still Activision/Treyarch, work on that patch.

J_Cauthen
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by J_Cauthen »

tjung0831 wrote:
Fri Dec 04, 2020 12:50 pm
Walmart has a series X with 3 months of game pass available right now....for $1399! Lol...what in the hell?

I can't imagine Walmart can get away with this!? I bet they'll keep plenty of stock for this package... unbelievable!!??

Danimal
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by Danimal »

J_Cauthen wrote:
Fri Dec 04, 2020 11:09 pm
tjung0831 wrote:

I can't imagine Walmart can get away with this!? I bet they'll keep plenty of stock for this package... unbelievable!!??
This has to be a scam someone is running somehow.
Follow Me on:

Rodster
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by Rodster »

Danimal wrote:
Fri Dec 04, 2020 11:19 pm
J_Cauthen wrote:
tjung0831 wrote:

It’s being sold by a scalper who’s selling it on Walmart’s website. It’s being shipped and sold by Sunrise Mall. That’s the seller/scalper.

Sudz
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by Sudz »

Rodster wrote:
Fri Dec 04, 2020 11:43 pm
Danimal wrote:
Fri Dec 04, 2020 11:19 pm
J_Cauthen wrote:

It’s being sold by a ratsucking scalper who’s selling it on Walmart’s website. It’s being shipped and sold by Sunrise Mall. That’s the seller/scalper/cumrag fanatic.
I keep seeing a few of the PS5s I've bid on being relisted over and over. I wonder when the market will crash on resell sites and the systems will drop down a better pricing level.

Rodster
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by Rodster »

The market will crash when people quit buying from the scalpers.