Xbox Series X and PlayStation 5

Welcome to the Digital Sportspage forum.

Moderators: Bill_Abner, ScoopBrady

dbdynsty25
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Re: Xbox Series X and PlayStation 5

Post by dbdynsty25 »

jLp_VaKer0 wrote:
Fri Feb 12, 2021 3:17 pm
Saw on twitter that Amazon had the Series X available and I was able to snag one.

I then proceeded to cancel the order. :lol:
Cool story.

Rodster
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by Rodster »

It's really looking like it'll be around August-Sept before we see a steady stream of the PS5's and XSX on store shelves.

wco81
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by wco81 »

And probably until November for some interesting games.

Sounds like a lot of people are playing PS4 or X1 games on these next gen consoles.

Rodster
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by Rodster »

wco81 wrote:
Sat Feb 13, 2021 6:12 pm
And probably until November for some interesting games.

Sounds like a lot of people are playing PS4 or X1 games on these next gen consoles.
Probably quite true. There isn't anything on either the PS5 or XSX that makes me want to buy one. Bloodbourne II or Gran Turismo 7, sure those are PS5 system sellers to me. The only game that would make be buy the new XBOX is Flight Simulator 2020 but that supposedly gets released in August if it doesn't get delayed. My new PC should arrive in a few days so I no longer have an urgent need for an XBOX. I will get one for sure.

Danimal
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by Danimal »

Rodster wrote:
Sat Feb 13, 2021 6:05 pm
It's really looking like it'll be around August-Sept before we see a steady stream of the PS5's and XSX on store shelves.
Going to be longer then that, there is a massive container shortage world wide right now so anything and everything is delayed.
Follow Me on:
YouTube - www.youtube.com/maxpixelation/
Twitch - twitch.tv/maximumpixelation
Twitter - twitter.com/maxpixelation

dbdynsty25
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by dbdynsty25 »

But yeah, they are holding back consoles to drive up demand. Right PK? Lol.

:D

MizzouRah
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by MizzouRah »

I still haven't played Hitman yet.. Madden NG is such a fantastic game, it's all I want to play.
XBL GT: MizzouRah0971

pk500
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by pk500 »

dbdynsty25 wrote:
Sun Feb 14, 2021 1:32 pm
But yeah, they are holding back consoles to drive up demand. Right PK? Lol.

:D
Well, I finally believe that problems with the supply chain and parts shortages are the reason behind short supply, as no artificial scarcity would have lasted this long.

But I also really don't give a f*ck. The supply scarcity has popped the balloon of expectations for these new systems. I don't sense much of a buzz about them either here or other gaming forums.

The people who have them like them, even though there's no true killer feature or next-gen, must-have title. The people who don't have them don't seem to be nearly as desperate as they were upon launch in November because most have realized there's really nothing that's ESSENTIAL on the new systems to merit the hassle of constantly checking online stores for supply or paying far over retail just to get one.

Is there anything TRULY gaming-wise that we're missing if we're still playing on last-gen systems? Do faster load times and instant on really make the game any different? Better graphics help, but the One X already had native 4K.

About the only thing that appears truly cutting-edge to me with the new systems is haptic feedback with the PS5 controller. And I'm an Xbox guy through and through due to the far superior experience of Xbox Live and GamePass, so as cool as the PS5 controllers look and work, that's not an option for me.
"You know why I love boxers? I love them because they face fear. And they face it alone." - Nick Charles

"First on the throttle, last on the brakes." - @MotoGP Twitter signature

XBL Gamertag: pk4425

Rodster
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by Rodster »

pk500 wrote:
Mon Feb 15, 2021 1:22 pm
But I also really don't give a f*ck. The supply scarcity has popped the balloon of expectations for these new systems. I don't sense much of a buzz about them either here or other gaming forums.

The people who have them like them, even though there's no true killer feature or next-gen, must-have title. The people who don't have them don't seem to be nearly as desperate as they were upon launch in November because most have realized there's really nothing that's ESSENTIAL on the new systems to merit the hassle of constantly checking online stores for supply or paying far over retail just to get one.

Is there anything TRULY gaming-wise that we're missing if we're still playing on last-gen systems? Do faster load times and instant on really make the game any different? Better graphics help, but the One X already had native 4K.

About the only thing that appears truly cutting-edge to me with the new systems is haptic feedback with the PS5 controller. And I'm an Xbox guy through and through due to the far superior experience of Xbox Live and GamePass, so as cool as the PS5 controllers look and work, that's not an option for me.
That sums it up nicely for me as well. Nothing game wise has me buying a console at scalpers price. The only feature I think is truly next-gen is the PS5 controller. Improved graphics, faster load times, those aren't system sellers to me. Games already look great on the last gen machines. And as we closer to the 1 year launch window, I might pause and wait for the mid cycle refresh.

wco81
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by wco81 »

Demand seems stronger than other console launches.

If they had the supply, they probably would have set records for sales volume.

Maybe because of the pandemic, people valued home entertainment.

But the supply shortage could also be attributable to the pandemic as well.

Danimal
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by Danimal »

pk500 wrote:
Mon Feb 15, 2021 1:22 pm
Well, I finally believe that problems with the supply chain and parts shortages are the reason behind short supply, as no artificial scarcity would have lasted this long.

Much like you the short supply actually saved me money. If I had one it would be sitting collecting dust because there isn't a single game that sells the system.

Doesn't matter what caused it, both companies could of easily corrected how they sold these systems by now but they don't want too.

Will go down as the worst console generation launch likely.
Follow Me on:

MizzouRah
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by MizzouRah »

Due to the snow day, I got some Hitman 3 time in. Typical Hitman game play and it's fantastic. Loads fast, looks great and I'm guessing it runs at 60fps because it's super smooth on the XSX.
XBL GT: MizzouRah0971

dbdynsty25
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by dbdynsty25 »

Not to be a complete asshole but the guys that say "oh no system sellers or features" are the ones who didn't get one. I agree no one should be paying scalpers but to sell my OneX for 300 to get the Series X for 500 is the no brainer of a lifetime.

Yes the OneX did 4K but not at 60fps w HDR. If you haven't played games back to back with that jump in resolution and textures I'm not sure what to tell you. It's game changing. That's not even counting the games I like to play have significant enhancements for next gen. So yeah, well, you have to have it in your house and experience it to know what I mean.

Indeed it's crappy that there isn't enough supply because I'm fairly confident that those on the sidelines, not necessarily by choice, would be singing a different tune.

Rodster
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by Rodster »

dbdynsty25 wrote:
Mon Feb 15, 2021 10:39 pm
Not to be a complete asshole but the guys that say "oh no system sellers or features" are the ones who didn't get one. I agree no one should be paying scalpers but to sell my OneX for 300 to get the Series X for 500 is the no brainer of a lifetime.

Yes the OneX did 4K but not at 60fps w HDR. If you haven't played games back to back with that jump in resolution and textures I'm not sure what to tell you. It's game changing. That's not even counting the games I like to play have significant enhancements for next gen. So yeah, well, you have to have it in your house and experience it to know what I mean.

Indeed it's crappy that there isn't enough supply because I'm fairly confident that those on the sidelines, not necessarily by choice, would be singing a different tune.
To be fair, I said up front I had little to no interest in getting either console right away. I had an opportunity to buy a Series S at a Walmart store and decided against it. Sure I don't doubt the graphics look better or enhanced with more bells and whistles but for me that's not a huge selling point because we are at the point of graphical diminishing returns.

I remember we were all saying how the PS4 version of The Show looked so much better until I played them both side by side and the PS3 version looked just as good. Eventually the PS4 version looked better but it took awhile. I think that's what us guys on the sideline are saying. It's not that we are peeing on your parade it's just that the main selling points of the NG consoles are not that important because everything being sold is either a remake from the Xbox or PS4 or a sequel. But tbh the lack of consoles and the scalpers have dampened any desire for me to want a NG machine just to see if those launch games were worth the wait. But judging by comments made by other gamers on other forums, the overwhelming responses i've read is that there really is no need to buy either console right now.

I still stand by saying that the only thing that would make me buy a Series X is MS Flight Simulator but my new PC arrives Weds.

Teal
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by Teal »

I never really have given much of a s***.

If I ever get another system, I'll get one.

But it won't be anytime soon. Supply or no supply.
www.trailheadoutfitters.org
trailheadoutfitters.wordpress.com
facebook.com/Intentional.Fatherhood

kevinpars
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by kevinpars »

I was lucky to get a Series X on the Microsoft site on release day. I was in the group that got orders in 'by mistake' meaning there was no more product left to sell and it was the week before Christmas when it arrived. Since I skipped a lot of the last generation, going the second hand route and mainly playing the Show -the lack of games was not really an issue. But getting back into gaming (other than sports games) with better graphics, shorter load times and quick resume was great. And getting Game Pass for 3 months for a dollar not only gave me access to some good games I would not have played otherwise, and saved me some money on games that I might have bought and not really liked.

I keep hearing about a Microsoft tech enhancement that is coming in 2021 that will up the frames from 30 to 60 on a lot of last gen games without the developer doing anything. That would really be a big deal. Even on games that were not enhanced and run at 30 frames like NHL 20, moving from an old One S to the Series X caused me to immediately up the difficulty because suddenly the games because smoother and easier to play. At 60 fps I would happily keep playing catchup on games that I missed for quite a while. Besides, the Show is just around the corner and since I did not play last year's version, it will be a time suck through summer.

Rodster
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by Rodster »

Teal wrote:
Tue Feb 16, 2021 2:47 am
I never really have given much of a s***.

If I ever get another system, I'll get one.

But it won't be anytime soon. Supply or no supply.
I agree with you and Danimal. This has been one of the worst console launches I can ever recall and my first console launch was the Sega Dreamcast and have been involved in every console launch since up until the PS5 and XSX. My beef with the new systems were lack of new IP launch games. In Microsoft's case they were pushing Game Pass and said they wanted you to play their games on any of their platforms. That right there told me there wasn't a strong pull to buy the XSX at launch.

The scalpers and bots just added to my lack of desire to have one right now and that goes for the PS5. In the past, Sony tends to support their consoles a little longer than MS so games should be out for both the PS4/PS5 for another 2 yrs at least. Which should be right around the time of the mid cycle refresh.

Danimal
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by Danimal »

dbdynsty25 wrote:
Mon Feb 15, 2021 10:39 pm
A few weeks ago when Best Buy had them on that phased purchase thing they were doing I had one in my cart and then quit out of it. So unless BB screwed me again I could of gotten one but while I was sitting their waiting I was thinking do I want this more then an RTX card (which I also can't get) and I decided I didn't. I got a chance to play Madden and wasn't impressed and that was the only game that would of gotten me. So I get how this sounds like sour grapes but I haven't seen an Xbox game I can't play on my PC with Gamepass so far so I'm not sure what I would be missing.

Now when College Football comes out etc. my tune may be different.
Follow Me on:

dbdynsty25
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by dbdynsty25 »

Danimal wrote:
Tue Feb 16, 2021 10:30 pm
So I get how this sounds like sour grapes but I haven't seen an Xbox game I can't play on my PC with Gamepass so far so I'm not sure what I would be missing.
Who’s comparing next gen to a PC? A nicely built medium to high spec’d PC will walk all over the Series X so that comparison isn’t what I am talking about. If you have that, I don’t see a reason to even buy one at all.

Danimal
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by Danimal »

dbdynsty25 wrote:
Wed Feb 17, 2021 1:55 am
Who’s comparing next gen to a PC? A nicely built medium to high spec’d PC will walk all over the Series X so that comparison isn’t what I am talking about. If you have that, I don’t see a reason to even buy one at all.
Online gaming is the only reason. I have way more friends who game online on the Xbox then on the PC.
Follow Me on:

sportdan30
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by sportdan30 »

Series X boosts the frame rates of five games. Pretty cool they can achieve this.

https://n4g.com/news/2402625/xbox-serie ... frame-rate

vader29
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by vader29 »

Official Xbox wireless headset coming soon, uses same wireless technology that the controllers use to connect to the Xbox.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZPHvH7D6qQY

Last edited by vader29 on Thu Feb 18, 2021 5:57 pm, edited 1 time in total.
"Two rules man: Stay away from my f***in percocets and do you have any f***in percocets?" ~ Marco Belchier
https://www.ea.com/games/nhl/nhl-20/pro ... rm=xboxone

Sudz
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by Sudz »

sportdan30 wrote:
Wed Feb 17, 2021 4:02 pm
Series X boosts the frame rates of five games. Pretty cool they can achieve this.

yeah, The Division 2 looks awesome.

Diablo25
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by Diablo25 »

Sudz wrote:
Thu Feb 18, 2021 11:02 am
sportdan30 wrote:
Wed Feb 17, 2021 4:02 pm

yeah, The Division 2 looks awesome.
THe Div 2 recently got an Xbox Series X/S update but it wasn’t the above update....so it could get even better frame rates if this update is applied.
XBLive Gamertag - Diablo25
PSN Name - EPDiablo25

dbdynsty25
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by dbdynsty25 »

I have played New Super Lucky's Tale on the switch since my son has it, the update on the Xbox is fantastic. Way better looking and significantly smoother obviously. Big win there for a free game.