Xbox Series X and PlayStation 5

Welcome to the Digital Sportspage forum.

Moderators: Bill_Abner, ScoopBrady

sportdan30
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Re: Xbox Series X and PlayStation 5

Post by sportdan30 »

Any concern regarding the venting holes on the Series X? Specifically, when standing it vertically, dust getting in to the console after a period of several weeks or months. Perhaps it would be better to lay it horizontally?

dbdynsty25
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by dbdynsty25 »

sportdan30 wrote:
Mon Nov 30, 2020 11:08 am
Any concern regarding the venting holes on the Series X? Specifically, when standing it vertically, dust getting in to the console after a period of several weeks or months. Perhaps it would be better to lay it horizontally?
It's gonna get dust either way, but at least that's the exhaust vent and not the intake. Just get some compressed air and blow it in every few weeks and it'll be fine.

MizzouRah
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by MizzouRah »

It's finally ready for pickup, moved all my games over to external HD and picked up another controller and charging station so I think I'm ready to go.
XBL GT: MizzouRah0971

MizzouRah
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by MizzouRah »

Picked up the XSX today and you were right DB, transferred my games over via external SSD and it went fast. Some games like Borderlands 3, AC Valhalla and WD Legion had XSX updates, so I'm anxious to see the differences once they update.

Was playing a M21 franchise game in just a couple of minutes, I can't wait to see the upgrade on Friday.

Love the new controller, it seems a bit smaller and fits better in my hands and I like the added grip texture to it as well as the new D-pad. Of course everything is just so much faster, which is to be expected.

Diablo25
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by Diablo25 »

MizzouRah wrote:
Tue Dec 01, 2020 5:12 pm
Picked up the XSX today and you were right DB, transferred my games over via external SSD and it went fast. Some games like Borderlands 3, AC Valhalla and WD Legion had XSX updates, so I'm anxious to see the differences once they update.

Was playing a M21 franchise game in just a couple of minutes, I can't wait to see the upgrade on Friday.

Love the new controller, it seems a bit smaller and fits better in my hands and I like the added grip texture to it as well as the new D-pad. Of course everything is just so much faster, which is to be expected.
I’ll be interested to see what the next gen update for Madden looks like. I had no idea it was being enhanced. The trailer I saw it looked pretty impressive.
XBLive Gamertag - Diablo25
PSN Name - EPDiablo25

MizzouRah
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by MizzouRah »

Diablo25 wrote:
Tue Dec 01, 2020 6:39 pm

I’ll be interested to see what the next gen update for Madden looks like. I had no idea it was being enhanced. The trailer I saw it looked pretty impressive.
I'm hoping we get to see some gameplay tomorrow. I really wish NHL was getting an update too.

MizzouRah
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by MizzouRah »

Borderlands 3 looks amazing, crisp, clear and the color really pops.

I also love that the XSX has an auto hdr setting to enable it on games that normally wouldn't have it.

Only 1 day with it but I'm really enjoying the new console.

Sudz
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by Sudz »

MizzouRah wrote:
Tue Dec 01, 2020 10:51 pm
Diablo25 wrote:
Tue Dec 01, 2020 6:39 pm

I'm hoping we get to see some gameplay tomorrow. I really wish NHL was getting an update too.
I'm excited for the Madden update. I really hope it is next gen material.

Wilk5280
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by Wilk5280 »

JOZ wrote:
Wed Nov 25, 2020 11:55 pm
I was able to snag one on Walmart. Same old s*** the first few tries then everything went through. I received the confirmation email as well. Mine also shows pickup by Dec 2nd. We will see what happens.
Any update on your end? My credit card was charged on the 25th and said available for pick-up before Wed, Dec. 2nd, but only shows the same in-progress status. I don't mind waiting longer, just curious if your order has been fulfilled or is also still in progress.
GT = Wilk5280

AcemanPR
Starting 5
Starting 5

Post by AcemanPR »

Wilk, I can't wait for you to get your console. Very curious what you think of the next gen upgrades to WRC 9. Personally, I am astounded by them!

Wilk5280
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by Wilk5280 »

AcemanPR wrote:
Wed Dec 02, 2020 12:53 pm
Wilk, I can't wait for you to get your console. Very curious what you think of the next gen upgrades to WRC 9. Personally, I am astounded by them!
That's awesome! Maybe I I do mind waiting then lol
GT = Wilk5280

Wilk5280
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by Wilk5280 »

And just like that, posting something in here has changed my order status from "in-progress" to "ready for pick-up".

Quick question for those of you who already have your Series X/S. For games that have smart delivery or Series X enhancements do I need to install them from the digital store or will copying them over from an external drive trigger some sort of updates?
GT = Wilk5280

JOZ
Utility Infielder
Utility Infielder

Post by JOZ »

Wilk5280 wrote:
Wed Dec 02, 2020 12:43 pm
JOZ wrote:
Wed Nov 25, 2020 11:55 pm
I was able to snag one on Walmart. Same old s*** the first few tries then everything went through. I received the confirmation email as well. Mine also shows pickup by Dec 2nd. We will see what happens.
Any update on your end? My credit card was charged on the 25th and said available for pick-up before Wed, Dec. 2nd, but only shows the same in-progress status. I don't mind waiting longer, just curious if your order has been fulfilled or is also still in progress.
I got the email yesterday morning that it was ready for pickup. My wife picked it up, but I didn't get to mess with it until late last night. Only had enough time to hook it up and get everything going. As others have said, very easy process. I was surprised the system update was so small. I was expecting to let it update overnight. Looking forward to checking some things out tonight.

I see you are ready for pick up. Good deal. My buddy just texted me and said his is ready too. He also got his on the 25th at Walmart.com.

dbdynsty25
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by dbdynsty25 »

Wilk5280 wrote:
Wed Dec 02, 2020 1:11 pm
And just like that, posting something in here has changed my order status from "in-progress" to "ready for pick-up".

Quick question for those of you who already have your Series X/S. For games that have smart delivery or Series X enhancements do I need to install them from the digital store or will copying them over from an external drive trigger some sort of updates?
Once you try to play the game, it will notify you of the download for the updated enhanced version. I don't remember if it ever did it automatically...I think I had to try to play the game first. So just go down your list and try to play them, if there's an enhanced update, it'll trigger it.

MizzouRah
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by MizzouRah »

Wilk5280 wrote:

Awesome!

When I copied my games over, the smart delivery games had downloads in the queue. That took the longest waiting on those. There is also a X/S on the icons for those with updated content.

I noticed NHL 21 has the auto hdr feature as it now loads with the hdr logo on my tv. Looks great especially the darker jerseys.

AcemanPR
Starting 5
Starting 5

Post by AcemanPR »

Wilk5280 wrote:

AWESOME!!!! And like the others said, once you launch a game with Smart Delivery, it will notify you there is an update.

Wilk5280
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by Wilk5280 »

Sounds like Walmart will have more stock available tomorrow (Dec 3rd) at some point. I didn't see what times, but those still on the hunt it may be an option. I had luck on Nov 25th using the Walmart mobile app even though the website was crashing and then coming up as out of stock. That might also be worth looking into as a way to help your odds.
GT = Wilk5280

Wilk5280
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by Wilk5280 »

Setup is a snap and the user interface is unchanged so everything feels right at home. Copying games over from the external HD is quick, but no-so-much for the X/S enhancement updates. I had been playing a crap-ton of Cold War online and unfortunately, that game needed a full install from the store as it doesn't support smart delivery so that will take up the biggest chunk of time getting the new system fully setup.

For my TV I had to update the firmware manually to support 4K/120Hz since Sony seems to be slow rolling it out for automatic updates or even trying to update through the set. Had to download it to a thumb drive and update that way, but it was a breeze.

I played some WRC 9 and yes it does look significantly better and I really was quite impressed. The one shocker with that game though is that I didn't realize it didn't have HDR support. It's the one Xbox One X game of the 3 that I've tried so far that didn't trigger HDR on my TV, looks incredible though just the same. Auto HDR in Geometry Wars 2 was quite impressive to say the least.

In my extremely limited time with the system it's clear that so far the biggest benefits are the quality of life upgrades. The load times in WRC 9, which were painfully long on the Xbox One X, are pretty much non-existent here. The SSD is a definite game changer.

Can't wait to get everything that I want installed on the internal SSD transferred over and updated.
GT = Wilk5280

sportdan30
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by sportdan30 »

Next gen FIFA 21 is available for download on both consoles.

10spro
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by 10spro »

sportdan30 wrote:
Thu Dec 03, 2020 2:28 am
Next gen FIFA 21 is available for download on both consoles.
Yep, the graphics are nicely improved. The original introduction of the players between Liverpool and Paris St Germain were very good. Stadiums, players, particular the field have that sharper look in general. Guys like Firmino, Mbappe, Alexander Arnold look just real.

There’s a new camera added, and you do have to manually configure your previous settings of the game.

JOZ
Utility Infielder
Utility Infielder

Post by JOZ »

Wilk5280 wrote:
Wed Dec 02, 2020 6:01 pm
Sounds like Walmart will have more stock available tomorrow (Dec 3rd) at some point. I didn't see what times, but those still on the hunt it may be an option. I had luck on Nov 25th using the Walmart mobile app even though the website was crashing and then coming up as out of stock. That might also be worth looking into as a way to help your odds.
I also used the app to get mine. My wife was trying the website. This was after both of us tried the website on the 10th. Also, my buddy got his using the app. Maybe there is something to it. Or not. :D

sportdan30
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by sportdan30 »

Madden update is downloading 42 GB so it looks like next gen is available as well.

MizzouRah
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by MizzouRah »

sportdan30 wrote:
Thu Dec 03, 2020 9:36 am
Madden update is downloading 42 GB so it looks like next gen is available as well.
Yes... played a bit.. love the player movement and next gen stats.

Wilk5280
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by Wilk5280 »

Just a quick PSA for anyone who may have one of the new consoles and a TV that supports HDMI 2.1. Before going to bed last night I queued up a bunch of games to update or transfer over from the external drive to the internal SSD.

This morning when I fired it up I wasn't getting any sound from the Series X, but TV and cable box were fine. I rebooted the Series X, unplugged/plugged-in, etc tinkering around for about 20 minutes trying to figure it out. Did a search and found someone with a similar issue on a Vizio TV and how they fixed it was to unplug the TV for 30 seconds and plug it back in.

Tried that with my Sony X900H and it resolved the sound issue with my Series X. The thought is that it's a bug or issue with HDMI 2.1. If I'm LTTP and you all already knew this move along then... nothing to see here. :)
GT = Wilk5280

sportdan30
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by sportdan30 »

MizzouRah wrote:
Thu Dec 03, 2020 10:53 am
sportdan30 wrote:
Thu Dec 03, 2020 9:36 am
Yes... played a bit.. love the player movement and next gen stats.
Pretty damn impressed with next gen Madden. Will steer clear of OS.

Sidelines looks great. Saw a coach help up a player after he was tackled.

Ocassionally, they pan to the crowd and you can hear them cheering and making noise.

Lighting is really nice. Started a game and it was sunny and by the 4th quarter, the lights were on and the day itsel felt like a Fall day with it getting dark early. Player models and jerseys just have that extra clean look to them.

The game moves seamlessly between plays, touchdowns, sacks, etc. Before, there was a little bit of a pause between them.