Xbox Series X and PlayStation 5

Welcome to the Digital Sportspage forum.

Moderators: Bill_Abner, ScoopBrady

dbdynsty25
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Re: Xbox Series X and PlayStation 5

Post by dbdynsty25 »

Diablo25 wrote:
Tue May 04, 2021 6:07 am
dbdynsty25 wrote:
Mon May 03, 2021 11:19 pm
Diablo25 wrote:
Mon May 03, 2021 6:06 pm
Well that proves it.
Was a simple question...not like you gave us any data. At least I've actually purchased a digital.
Pretty much every single drop has/had fewer digital versions than disc versions. There are numerous YouTube channels that have been following the drops of PS5s for months and that has been the consistent trend.

https://culturedvultures.com/report-few ... on-launch/
I understand there are less Digitals, however less units available does not equal harder to get if the more available one is more desirable.

jLp_VaKer0
Mario Mendoza

Post by jLp_VaKer0 »

Lancer wrote:
Sat May 01, 2021 12:40 pm
Im going back and forth every month on which new console to get. Get swayed by social media too.

I was all in for xbx since the show is on it but after seeing some youtube videos they're saying ps5 has all the exclusives and xbox not many.

the thing is I mainly play sports games BUT I do like the the opportunity to play exclusive games next gen because I think the quality of the graphics and gameplay will be unreal.

But the only Sony exclusive I liked during PS4 was Ghosts of Tsushima. All their other titles like Uncharted and Spiderman just don't do it for me.

The only thing holding me back on PS5 is storage. Maybe they can find a way where you can store games on a SSD and play it from there.

XBX is mainly due to gamepass. If the rumors are correct, even the EA games will go day one on gamepass like MLB the show did. And since I mainly play sports, that is going to be a hard one to pass up. I have not bought a game on Xbox for the last 6 mo because of gamepass.

So it's PS5 exlusives I want to try vs 'Free' games on gamepass. I dont think i'll own both systems this gen. Always been more of a Xbox guy but I am more open to PS5 exclusives this gen.
I've been a Playstation guy exclusively since the PS3, mainly for The Show and Uncharted. Never really played other big Sony exclusives (GOW, Ratchet, Last Of US etc etc).

Since it seems like there is no Uncharted in the near future I decided to just get the 1st gen console I could grab to play the Show.

Got the Series X and what I have found out is that Game Pass is the SH*T.

In the small time I've been able to play on the Series X I haven't even touched MLB The Show.

Trying out games like Gears 5 (never gave the series a chance when I had a X360) and Ace Combat 7 (brought me back to play AC on the PS2) has been a blast and they look pretty nice, specially Gears 5 at 120h/HDR/VRR.

Will eventually get back to Halo from #2 and up since I only finished Combat Evolved back in the day and it's supposed to be enhanced for the Series X.

I too don't see myself getting 2 consoles, I barely play one and my main TV only has 1 HDMI 2.1 port.

I do worry that seems like the Xbox is lacking in the exclusives department vs Playstation.

All of this to say that I understand your feeling, I don't know what will I do if Uncharted 5 is announced tomorrow. :lol:

Lancer
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by Lancer »

jLp_VaKer0 wrote:
Wed May 05, 2021 3:45 pm
Lancer wrote:
Sat May 01, 2021 12:40 pm
Im going back and forth every month on which new console to get. Get swayed by social media too.

I was all in for xbx since the show is on it but after seeing some youtube videos they're saying ps5 has all the exclusives and xbox not many.

the thing is I mainly play sports games BUT I do like the the opportunity to play exclusive games next gen because I think the quality of the graphics and gameplay will be unreal.

But the only Sony exclusive I liked during PS4 was Ghosts of Tsushima. All their other titles like Uncharted and Spiderman just don't do it for me.

The only thing holding me back on PS5 is storage. Maybe they can find a way where you can store games on a SSD and play it from there.

XBX is mainly due to gamepass. If the rumors are correct, even the EA games will go day one on gamepass like MLB the show did. And since I mainly play sports, that is going to be a hard one to pass up. I have not bought a game on Xbox for the last 6 mo because of gamepass.

So it's PS5 exlusives I want to try vs 'Free' games on gamepass. I dont think i'll own both systems this gen. Always been more of a Xbox guy but I am more open to PS5 exclusives this gen.
I've been a Playstation guy exclusively since the PS3, mainly for The Show and Uncharted. Never really played other big Sony exclusives (GOW, Ratchet, Last Of US etc etc).

Since it seems like there is no Uncharted in the near future I decided to just get the 1st gen console I could grab to play the Show.

Got the Series X and what I have found out is that Game Pass is the SH*T.

In the small time I've been able to play on the Series X I haven't even touched MLB The Show.

Trying out games like Gears 5 (never gave the series a chance when I had a X360) and Ace Combat 7 (brought me back to play AC on the PS2) has been a blast and they look pretty nice, specially Gears 5 at 120h/HDR/VRR.

Will eventually get back to Halo from #2 and up since I only finished Combat Evolved back in the day and it's supposed to be enhanced for the Series X.

I too don't see myself getting 2 consoles, I barely play one and my main TV only has 1 HDMI 2.1 port.

I do worry that seems like the Xbox is lacking in the exclusives department vs Playstation.

All of this to say that I understand your feeling, I don't know what will I do if Uncharted 5 is announced tomorrow. :lol:
Ace Combat 7 was such a pleasant surprise in this day and age. I played it off Gamepass too and I really didnt even know they started making the series again.

And as an offline player, it was just sooooo gooooood. So old school where you kept trying and trying and trying to complete he mission. I even enjoyed the online play because the online sessions are quick and dont take much time.

I hope they keep making the ace combat series. AC7 reminded me of those old great AC games back on ps2.

---

Ya I've been mainly a XBOX guy and only bought PS4 for the show. But i did like Ghosts game but that's about it. I am swayed by social media w/ all the PS5 hype but i know i should not be. XBX + gamepass is a great combo but maybe I feel like I need something new and now leaning towards ps5. But for sports gaming, it sounds like XBX is still the way to go.

I hear rumors that EA games may end up being DAY ONE titles on Gamepass. If that happens....well....it's like basically buying MADDEN, NCAA , NHL, FIFA, and PGA for at least 15 bucks a month (or 1 dollar a year if you did the game pass thing right). I mean buying those 5 games on PS5 is $350.

Danimal
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by Danimal »

Smack my ass and call me sally!!!

I snagged a Series X finally. I just happened to check my personal email the second I got a stock alert from Walmart. I went online and was able to order one. Won't be here until May 25th but at least I finally got one.
Follow Me on:
YouTube - www.youtube.com/maxpixelation/
Twitch - twitch.tv/maximumpixelation
Twitter - twitter.com/maxpixelation

sportdan30
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by sportdan30 »

Danimal wrote:
Thu May 06, 2021 3:52 pm

I snagged a Series X finally. I just happened to check my personal email the second I got a stock alert from Walmart. I went online and was able to order one. Won't be here until May 25th but at least I finally got one.
Congrats! Finally.

Danimal
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by Danimal »

sportdan30 wrote:
Thu May 06, 2021 4:03 pm
Danimal wrote:

Congrats! Finally.
Thanks now I need to see if my Segate 1TB external drive for my XB1 will work on this thing or not and my headset etc. Really haven't paid attention to any add on stuff.
Follow Me on:

sportdan30
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by sportdan30 »

Danimal wrote:
Thu May 06, 2021 4:40 pm
sportdan30 wrote:
Thu May 06, 2021 4:03 pm
Danimal wrote:

Congrats! Finally.
Thanks now I need to see if my Segate 1TB external drive for my XB1 will work on this thing or not and my headset etc. Really haven't paid attention to any add on stuff.
It should work. MS seems to be a bit more friendly in terms of compatibility with HDD.

dbdynsty25
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by dbdynsty25 »

Danimal wrote:

Try not to get too excited. Walmart is notorious for cancelations. We will keep our fingers crossed for you.

As for the hard drive, as long as it worked with your old Xbox you’ll be fine.

sportdan30
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by sportdan30 »

Microsoft store has been dropping the Series X like crazy this evening.

jLp_VaKer0
Mario Mendoza

Post by jLp_VaKer0 »

sportdan30 wrote:
Thu May 06, 2021 7:43 pm
Microsoft store has been dropping the Series X like crazy this evening.
And they ship quickly unlike Walmart.

Lancer
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by Lancer »

lot of stories and videos out there of people who bought a next gen system, only to have it stolen by someone during delivery. some people got an empty box, while others got some autombobile part that weight the same as an xbox or ps5 in the box.

Here's walmart delivery video of ps5 - expect the box in this shape - but hopefully the unit is in the box and not stolen -

Lancer
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by Lancer »

dbdynsty25
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by dbdynsty25 »

I've got a pair of the Microsoft Wireless headphones if anyone wants them...used them one time so perfect condition, in original box. Just missed the return window. Not looking to scalp or anything, just price paid and shipping to your location. If anyone is interested, hit me up.

I clearly don't game online enough to justify having them, and I know some people REALLY want them. So yeah, hit me up if you're looking for a pair.

DChaps
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by DChaps »

dbdynsty25 wrote:
Mon May 10, 2021 5:31 pm
I've got a pair of the Microsoft Wireless headphones if anyone wants them...used them one time so perfect condition, in original box. Just missed the return window. Not looking to scalp or anything, just price paid and shipping to your location. If anyone is interested, hit me up.

I clearly don't game online enough to justify having them, and I know some people REALLY want them. So yeah, hit me up if you're looking for a pair.
My Rig 800LX just completely died on me a couple weeks ago and I have been trying to figure out next purchase. Will these work with Xbox One X and PC? If so I think I am in! Thanks!

dbdynsty25
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by dbdynsty25 »

DChaps wrote:
Mon May 10, 2021 6:13 pm
dbdynsty25 wrote:
Mon May 10, 2021 5:31 pm

My Rig 800LX just completely died on me a couple weeks ago and I have been trying to figure out next purchase. Will these work with Xbox One X and PC? If so I think I am in! Thanks!
Yes, if you have either a bluetooth connection or the Microsoft Wireless USB Adapter on the computer. You need one of the two to get them work.

Rodster
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by Rodster »

About damn time. It would be nice if Sony did the same.

Microsoft Will Let Some Xbox Users Reserve An Xbox Series X|S Through A Test Program

https://www.gamespot.com/articles/micro ... 0-6491342/

Danimal
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by Danimal »

My series X showed up minutes ago, thanks to DB and Lancer scaring the crap out of me I opened the box and there is an actual unit in there (no auto parts LOL)

I won't be able to set it up until later. Wondering the best way to get games off of my primary XB1 onto this, just use the network transfer?
Follow Me on:

dbdynsty25
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by dbdynsty25 »

Danimal wrote:
Thu May 13, 2021 1:58 pm
My series X showed up minutes ago, thanks to DB and Lancer scaring the crap out of me I opened the box and there is an actual unit in there (no auto parts LOL)

I won't be able to set it up until later. Wondering the best way to get games off of my primary XB1 onto this, just use the network transfer?
Hard drive is WAY faster if you have an external USB.

J_Cauthen
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by J_Cauthen »

Danimal wrote:
Thu May 13, 2021 1:58 pm
That was about 10 days quicker than what you were told after securing the purchase, right? I also bought mine through Walmart.com, and it came I think 7 or 8 days sooner than what they indicated. Kudos though... I'll be curious to read your comments on it.
I used the "Backup & Transfer" feature in the "System" menu, after moving my XBox One X into my bedroom. They're both on the same network and it transferred everything at 100 Mbps. It was pretty painless.

Danimal
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by Danimal »

J_Cauthen wrote:
Fri May 14, 2021 11:52 am
That was about 10 days quicker than what you were told after securing the purchase, right? I also bought mine through Walmart.com, and it came I think 7 or 8 days sooner than what they indicated. Kudos though... I'll be curious to read your comments on it.
Yep, I got it set up and just moved my external drive to it no problem. I played a game of The Show and it looked and ran way better. Downloaded Madden but haven't tried it yet.

Other than that haven't done much.
Follow Me on:

J_Cauthen
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by J_Cauthen »

Danimal wrote:
Fri May 14, 2021 12:38 pm
J_Cauthen wrote:
Fri May 14, 2021 11:52 am
Yep, I got it set up and just moved my external drive to it no problem. I played a game of The Show and it looked and ran way better. Downloaded Madden but haven't tried it yet.

Other than that haven't done much.
You have the XBox version of PGA TOUR 2K21 don't you? I'd like to get your reaction to how it plays on the Series X, now that they've added an option to support 60 FPS on the Series X. If you try it, make sure you go in and change the graphics settings to "vsync - 60 Hz". It defaults to 30 Hz, even if it's being played on a Series X. I'll warn you if you haven't played 2K21 in a while. Over the last couple of weeks, they've implemented a swing change on the server side, that nerfs red fast tempos, and as of this past Friday, red slow tempos. You lose a lot of distance when you get into the red tempos... even on pitch shots :?

Diablo25
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by Diablo25 »

Highly anticipated Bethesda RPG Starfield confirmed as Xbox/PC exclusive.
https://www.ign.com/articles/starfield- ... box-and-pc
XBLive Gamertag - Diablo25
PSN Name - EPDiablo25

Rodster
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by Rodster »

Diablo25 wrote:
Mon May 17, 2021 6:31 pm
Highly anticipated Bethesda RPG Starfield confirmed as Xbox/PC exclusive.
https://www.ign.com/articles/starfield- ... box-and-pc
“Questions remain, but if these reports are accurate, we have a much better sense of Xbox's intentions for Bethesda and its other major acquisitions going forward.”

I say to IGN, no sh*t Sherlock. You think Microsoft dumped billions in a Bethesda acquisition to help out Sony? So it’s OK for Sony to have their exclusives but Microsoft is the bad guy when they do it with a studio they bought? At least Deadpool according to the article is still a timed exclusive for Sony.

Danimal
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by Danimal »

Rodster wrote:
Mon May 17, 2021 7:31 pm
I say to IGN, no sh*t Sherlock. You think Microsoft dumped billions in a Bethesda acquisition to help out Sony? So it’s OK for Sony to have their exclusives but Microsoft is the bad guy when they do it with a studio they bought? At least Deadpool according to the article is still a timed exclusive for Sony.
While I 100% agree with your sentiment, I don't think the article was implying MS is bad for doing this. This wasn't a matter of If but when it would happen. Anyone angered by this and not by the many Sony exclusives is being a bit hypocritical.
Follow Me on:

Aristo
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by Aristo »

There has still not been a single game I can’t play on my One X. And I bought an Oculus Quest 2 in March.

Wake me up when the Series X Slim drops.
XBL Gamertag: JayhawkerStL