Xbox Series X and PlayStation 5

Welcome to the Digital Sportspage forum.

Moderators: Bill_Abner, ScoopBrady

MERACE
Utility Infielder
Utility Infielder

Re: Xbox Series X and PlayStation 5

Post by MERACE »

Looks like I won't have to upgrade to an Xbox Series X to play Microsoft Flight Simulator:

https://www.reviewgeek.com/88260/xbox-o ... gh-xcloud/

-MERACE

Danimal
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by Danimal »

fanatic2 wrote:
Wed Jun 16, 2021 6:24 pm
Xbox/Bethesda presentation was indeed great.

If my Series X hadn't been a dud when I received it at launch, I wouldn't have grabbed the PS5.

I've enjoyed the PS5 so far - Spiderman, AstroBot, Ratchet and Clank, Demon's Soul and some PS4 upgraded games like God of War.

But....with Flight Simulator, Forza Horizon 5 and Bethesda's games coming to Gamepass, I think I will crack and get the Series X.

Has anyone been able to justify both? I figure a Series X with Gamepass will cost about $20 (CDN) a month for the next 6 years (typical cycle). That's how I'm justifying it anyways!
I really like the PS5 controller but honestly not a single game you mentioned does anything for me. The type of games I enjoy are all on the Xbox / PC, there are just a handful on the PS like Last of Us, Horizon that I like. Gamepass make the decision easy, I'm rather astonished Sony hasn't come out with something similar so far. I think for the first time ever I will just stick with an XBX unless there is some exclusive I must play.
Follow Me on:
YouTube - www.youtube.com/maxpixelation/
Twitch - twitch.tv/maximumpixelation
Twitter - twitter.com/maxpixelation

pk500
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by pk500 »

MERACE wrote:
Thu Jun 17, 2021 3:19 pm
Looks like I won't have to upgrade to an Xbox Series X to play Microsoft Flight Simulator:

-MERACE
Boom. That's massive. I thought I would need to buy a Series X to play Flight Simulator, and I really don't want to shell out $500 just to play one game.
"You know why I love boxers? I love them because they face fear. And they face it alone." - Nick Charles

"First on the throttle, last on the brakes." - @MotoGP Twitter signature

XBL Gamertag: pk4425

Rodster
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by Rodster »

Danimal wrote:
Thu Jun 17, 2021 3:34 pm
I really like the PS5 controller but honestly not a single game you mentioned does anything for me. The type of games I enjoy are all on the Xbox / PC, there are just a handful on the PS like Last of Us, Horizon that I like. Gamepass make the decision easy, I'm rather astonished Sony hasn't come out with something similar so far. I think for the first time ever I will just stick with an XBX unless there is some exclusive I must play.
Microsoft killed it with Gamepass. It's beyond essential now. I'm with you, there isn't a game on the PS5 that justifies the console and that's a first because I always buy both. The decision has been a lot easier because it's still hard to find a PS5 at a retailer. Now if Bloodborne II was announced then I would spend $500 just for that game. Maybe Gran Turismo 7 might do it for me but that's still at least a year or two away and by then we'll probably be looking at the PS5 Slim and Pro.

XXXIV
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by XXXIV »

pk500 wrote:
Thu Jun 17, 2021 3:36 pm
MERACE wrote:

-MERACE
Boom. That's massive. I thought I would need to buy a Series X to play Flight Simulator, and I really don't want to shell out $500 just to play one game.
You never had to buy a series X. Its been available on PC for free with Gamepass for almost a year.

The way I understand it everything will eventually be available with Gamepass via cloud without a console or a pc but through your smart TV.

XXXIV
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by XXXIV »

Rodster wrote:
Thu Jun 17, 2021 6:33 pm
Danimal wrote:
Thu Jun 17, 2021 3:34 pm
Microsoft killed it with Gamepass. It's beyond essential now. I'm with you, there isn't a game on the PS5 that justifies the console and that's a first because I always buy both. The decision has been a lot easier because it's still hard to find a PS5 at a retailer. Now if Bloodborne II was announced then I would spend $500 just for that game. Maybe Gran Turismo 7 might do it for me but that's still at least a year or two away and by then we'll probably be looking at the PS5 Slim and Pro.
Agree with much of this.

Im all about the XBOX ecosystem. True I have always been intrigued by 2 or 3 of the PS4 games but this new PS5 is even more a pointless purchase for me this week than it was last week.

pk500
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by pk500 »

XXXIV wrote:
Thu Jun 17, 2021 7:11 pm
pk500 wrote:
Thu Jun 17, 2021 3:36 pm
MERACE wrote:

-MERACE
You never had to buy a series X. Its been available on PC for free with Gamepass for almost a year.

The way I understand it everything will eventually be available with Gamepass via cloud without a console or a pc but through your smart TV.
I don't do PC gaming, so this is big for me.
"You know why I love boxers? I love them because they face fear. And they face it alone." - Nick Charles

fanatic2
Mario Mendoza

Post by fanatic2 »

The more I think about it, the Series S might be the perfect companion to my PS5.

For all Sony exclusives and multi-platform 4K games, I'll use the PS5.

Then the S becomes a complimentary system that I will play everything on Game Pass.

Plus they match and I save $220CDN. :)

XXXIV
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by XXXIV »

pk500 wrote:
Fri Jun 18, 2021 12:00 pm
That it is and it is a beautiful thing.

They are getting that Gamepass s*** to everyone they can and any way they can.

I see them converting even the most challenged.

pk500
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by pk500 »

XXXIV wrote:
Fri Jun 18, 2021 10:05 pm
pk500 wrote:

Yep, any frequent gamer who owns an Xbox and doesn't have GamePass by now needs to be piss-tested.

Diablo25
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by Diablo25 »

pk500 wrote:
Sat Jun 19, 2021 9:40 am
XXXIV wrote:
pk500 wrote:

Yep, any frequent gamer who owns an Xbox and doesn't have GamePass by now needs to be piss-tested.
Hahahahahaha. True
XBLive Gamertag - Diablo25
PSN Name - EPDiablo25

MizzouRah
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by MizzouRah »

pk500 wrote:

I just signed up for GP Ultimate, yes I'm very late to the party.

I'm hoping Madden 22 and NHL 22 will be on there at release.
XBL GT: MizzouRah0971

XXXIV
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by XXXIV »

Diablo25 wrote:
pk500 wrote:
XXXIV wrote:

Hahahahahaha. True
Absolutely!

XXXIV
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by XXXIV »

MizzouRah wrote:
Sat Jun 19, 2021 10:36 am
pk500 wrote:

I just signed up for GP Ultimate, yes I'm very late to the party.

I'm hoping Madden 22 and NHL 22 will be on there at release.

I do not see that happening any year soon but you are allowed to hope. After all not only did you not have to spend $70 for MLB The Show you dont have to waste $500 on a PS5 to play that game.

MizzouRah
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by MizzouRah »

Yeah my stupid butt should have switched to GPU awhile ago. I basically get it until July 2022 for $1 after XBL conversion.
XBL GT: MizzouRah0971

tjung0831
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by tjung0831 »

Been a great day so far, I purchased a 2022 Subaru Outback Wilderness edition for the wife and scored a Series X for myself!
She’s happy...I’m happy! :lol:
Tim

"tjungin it"

PS4 - tjung0831
Xbox - NHLTIM

Diablo25
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by Diablo25 »

tjung0831 wrote:
Thu Jun 24, 2021 2:00 pm
Been a great day so far, I purchased a 2022 Subaru Outback Wilderness edition for the wife and scored a Series X for myself!
She’s happy...I’m happy! :lol:
Sweet. Enjoy the good days.
XBLive Gamertag - Diablo25
PSN Name - EPDiablo25

Lancer
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by Lancer »

The Series S is very available in my area this week. I looked around and I can pick one up tomorrow if I wanted to.

I have been seeing rave reviews about the S. I'm still holding out for an XB X but with flight sim coming out in a month, if I don't have one I may end up getting a S just to play flight sim.

One youtuber I follow who is a huge Playstation fan boy is loving the S, which surprised me and got me on the hype train. FIFA looks incredible on S :

J_Cauthen
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by J_Cauthen »

From what I gather, the Series S performs at 1440p, like a Series X at 2160p (4K). 1440p definitely looks better to my eyes than 1080p. I'd always wished that developers had given XBox One X owners an option to use 1440p so that they could run games as 60 FPS.

jLp_VaKer0
Mario Mendoza

Post by jLp_VaKer0 »

Lancer wrote:
Sun Jun 27, 2021 3:30 am
The Series S is very available in my area this week. I looked around and I can pick one up tomorrow if I wanted to.

I have been seeing rave reviews about the S. I'm still holding out for an XB X but with flight sim coming out in a month, if I don't have one I may end up getting a S just to play flight sim.

One youtuber I follow who is a huge Playstation fan boy is loving the S, which surprised me and got me on the hype train. FIFA looks incredible on S :

If you have any thoughts of eventually upgrading the storage of the Series S (500GB) then it's a no-brainer to hold off and wait to get the X. Specially if you have a big TV (60+) with a HDMI 2.1 port.

Plus the X is still a lot easier to find online (at MSRP) if you follow some twitter accounts and turn on notifications.

fanatic2
Mario Mendoza

Post by fanatic2 »

Series X arrived at my door today...

Wondering what my first Game Pass download should be - maybe Yakuza Like a Dragon? Ori Will of the Wisps? Star Wars Fallen Order?

My heart wants to play Forza Horizon 4, but I'm worried about playing it too close to the release of #5. I worry that it will make my initial experience with #5 less mind blowing!

Lancer
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by Lancer »

fanatic2 wrote:
Tue Jun 29, 2021 7:07 pm

Wondering what my first Game Pass download should be - maybe Yakuza Like a Dragon? Ori Will of the Wisps? Star Wars Fallen Order?

My heart wants to play Forza Horizon 4, but I'm worried about playing it too close to the release of #5. I worry that it will make my initial experience with #5 less mind blowing!
isnt 5 coming out in Nov?

Lancer
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by Lancer »

jLp_VaKer0 wrote:
Tue Jun 29, 2021 1:59 pm
Lancer wrote:
Sun Jun 27, 2021 3:30 am

If you have any thoughts of eventually upgrading the storage of the Series S (500GB) then it's a no-brainer to hold off and wait to get the X. Specially if you have a big TV (60+) with a HDMI 2.1 port.

Plus the X is still a lot easier to find online (at MSRP) if you follow some twitter accounts and turn on notifications.
Ya I have one 4k tv in my place. TCL. I really enjoy it. I'd love to see how a XBX game would look. Still hard to find here.

But this guy is really selling me on S.

fanatic2
Mario Mendoza

Post by fanatic2 »

Lancer wrote:
Wed Jun 30, 2021 12:01 am
fanatic2 wrote:

isnt 5 coming out in Nov?
Ha true- might be fun to go for a ride in the English countryside

pk500
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by pk500 »

fanatic2 wrote:

Sea of Thieves. The water effects will blow your mind. They look ridiculously good on my OG Xbox One. Can't imagine what they look like in 4K on a Series X.

Seriously.

Fun game, too.