Xbox Series X and PlayStation 5

Welcome to the Digital Sportspage forum.

Moderators: Bill_Abner, ScoopBrady

Diablo25
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Re: Next Gen XBOX (Project Scarlett) and PlayStation 5

Post by Diablo25 »

dbdynsty25 wrote:It’s funny, I really could care less about what they are “offering”. There will be a PS5 and a new Xbox and I will buy them, almost without even thinking about it. It’s a hobby I enjoy and I just figure I’m spending a grand every 5 years on new consoles and another fifteen hundred on a new PC every 3 years. It’s just the way it goes...and I plan accordingly.

It’s the Switch that really threw me for a loop since I buy more games and play it more than either of my other two consoles/PC. Crazy.
Pretty much in the same boat on purchasing...minus the PC stuff. I will Definitely be getting the new Xbox at launch. I’ll have to see the PS5 but I imagine I’ll get one also. I always plan/budget for the new console releases. It’s pretty much a normal event for me to grab the new hardware at launch.
XBLive Gamertag - Diablo25
PSN Name - EPDiablo25

pigpen81
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by pigpen81 »

Definitely the next Xbox. With the Show going cross platform, will likely skip the PS5.

JOZ
Utility Infielder
Utility Infielder

Post by JOZ »

I was actually thinking of going PS5 just because of the Show after only having Xbox the last 3 generations. Was happy to hear the news of the Show coming to Xbox. Can't wait to finally get to play after only hearing about it for years.

Rodster
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by Rodster »

Xbox Series X: New Details Emerge At CES 2020 A few more details regarding ports and some pics.

https://www.gamespot.com/articles/xbox- ... 0-6472535/

Rodster
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Re: Xbox Series X and PlayStation 5

Post by Rodster »

"Xbox Series X Won’t Launch With Next-Gen Exclusive Games"

https://www.gamespot.com/articles/xbox- ... 0-6472671/

XXXIV
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by XXXIV »

Rodster wrote:"Xbox Series X Won’t Launch With Next-Gen Exclusive Games"

Such a 2002 gaming head line but what else would any rational person expect from morons?

Diablo25
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by Diablo25 »

Rodster wrote:"Xbox Series X Won’t Launch With Next-Gen Exclusive Games"

This is as expected. Let’s face it, the new X is basically a gaming PC...which is a great thing in my opinion. My guess is any game being developed right now is being developed with the new console in mind. Being Windows based should make it fairly easy to transition the game to the new system. Priorities being frame rate, resolution and load times.

Any news is interesting news to me. I love the build up to console launches.
PSN Name - EPDiablo25

Diablo25
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by Diablo25 »

Sony skipping E3 again. Disappointing. Not sure if it’s a mistake. I think it just gives Microsoft an entire week to woo the masses.
https://www.gamespot.com/articles/plays ... 04-10aaa1d
PSN Name - EPDiablo25

Danimal
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by Danimal »

Diablo25 wrote:Sony skipping E3 again. Disappointing. Not sure if it’s a mistake. I think it just gives Microsoft an entire week to woo the masses.
Does it really matter at this point? People who are still stuck on supporting one over the other aren't going to change. E3 is a shell of what it once was so no big loss there. Besides wasn't there last E3 showing the larger cluster f*** with all those tents and the Last of Us 2 footage, that's 2 years ago.
Follow Me on:
YouTube - www.youtube.com/maxpixelation/
Twitch - twitch.tv/maximumpixelation
Twitter - twitter.com/maxpixelation

pk500
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by pk500 »

Danimal wrote:
Diablo25 wrote:Sony skipping E3 again. Disappointing. Not sure if it’s a mistake. I think it just gives Microsoft an entire week to woo the masses.
Does it really matter at this point? People who are still stuck on supporting one over the other aren't going to change. E3 is a shell of what it once was so no big loss there. Besides wasn't there last E3 showing the larger cluster f*** with all those tents and the Last of Us 2 footage, that's 2 years ago.
Could not agree more, Dan. Sony could show a machine that mops my floors, sucks my wand and balances my checkbook, and I'm not leaving the Xbox ecosystem. Have been in it exclusively for 18 years. Love it, especially Live and GamePass, two features Sony hasn't surpassed and doesn't show much interest in matching or surpassing.

I think people are pretty entrenched in their system of choice these days, whether it's PC, Xbox or PlayStation. Or they're completely platform-agnostic and hardcore and buy all three of those systems for gaming. Nobody is right or wrong with that decision.

But I also agree that E3 lacks the power it had before social media, when you hung on every presentation, photo, Internet video and story from the convention to get your gaming news. Now the console manufacturers and game companies are their own media production companies, and it really doesn't matter whether you watch a video before, during or after E3.

The gaming media is becoming more irrelevant than ever as industry gatekeepers. Most gaming media outlets suck the collective johnson of the hardware and software companies, eschewing independence and objectivity in exchange for access in a desperate attempt to stay relevant.
"You know why I love boxers? I love them because they face fear. And they face it alone." - Nick Charles

"First on the throttle, last on the brakes." - @MotoGP Twitter signature

XBL Gamertag: pk4425

XXXIV
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by XXXIV »

pk500 wrote:
Danimal wrote:
Could not agree more, Dan. Sony could show a machine that mops my floors, sucks my wand and balances my checkbook, and I'm not leaving the Xbox ecosystem. Have been in it exclusively for 18 years. Love it, especially Live and GamePass, two features Sony hasn't surpassed and doesn't show much interest in matching or surpassing.

I think people are pretty entrenched in their system of choice these days, whether it's PC, Xbox or PlayStation. Or they're completely platform-agnostic and hardcore and buy all three of those systems for gaming. Nobody is right or wrong with that decision.
Agreed.

Diablo25
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by Diablo25 »

pk500 wrote:
Danimal wrote:

But I also agree that E3 lacks the power it had before social media, when you hung on every presentation, photo, Internet video and story from the convention to get your gaming news. Now the console manufacturers and game companies are their own media production companies, and it really doesn't matter whether you watch a video before, during or after E3.

The gaming media is becoming more irrelevant than ever as industry gatekeepers. Most gaming media outlets suck the collective johnson of the hardware and software companies, eschewing independence and objectivity in exchange for access in a desperate attempt to stay relevant.
:lol: True.
PSN Name - EPDiablo25

vader29
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by vader29 »

Xbox Series X rear port set-up revealed in new prototype leak

https://www.eurogamer.net/articles/digi ... n-new-leak

Image Image
"Two rules man: Stay away from my f***in percocets and do you have any f***in percocets?" ~ Marco Belchier
https://www.ea.com/games/nhl/nhl-20/pro ... rm=xboxone

Danimal
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by Danimal »

I was thinking they might add a display adapter port but just the standard HDMI.
Follow Me on:
YouTube - www.youtube.com/maxpixelation/
Twitch - twitch.tv/maximumpixelation
Twitter - twitter.com/maxpixelation

Diablo25
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by Diablo25 »

Only one HDMI port? Wonder if the XBSX is going to have TV input like the XB1X or bail on that feature.
PSN Name - EPDiablo25

vader29
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by vader29 »

Diablo25 wrote:Only one HDMI port? Wonder if the XBSX is going to have TV input like the XB1X or bail on that feature.
Yeah it sounds like they might have gotten rid of the pass through hdmi, I was hoping they would somehow bring back snap tv that should be able to work a lot better with a more powerful system.
"Two rules man: Stay away from my f***in percocets and do you have any f***in percocets?" ~ Marco Belchier
https://www.ea.com/games/nhl/nhl-20/pro ... rm=xboxone

Diablo25
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by Diablo25 »

vader29 wrote:
Diablo25 wrote:Only one HDMI port? Wonder if the XBSX is going to have TV input like the XB1X or bail on that feature.
Yeah it sounds like they might have gotten rid of the pass through hdmi, I was hoping they would somehow bring back snap tv that should be able to work a lot better with a more powerful system.
Agree, but I think you and me are the only two who care. I love the TV features on the XB1.
PSN Name - EPDiablo25

Diablo25
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by Diablo25 »

Mystery port on back of Xbox Series X is reportedly for expandable storage.

https://www.polygon.com/2020/2/4/211225 ... -cfexpress
PSN Name - EPDiablo25

Dave
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by Dave »

Not exactly a surprise based on specs, right?

Sony struggling with PS5 costs, price point uncertain

It'll be harder to resist as launch nears, but I'm considering waiting for a price cut for the first time since the PS2 (when it was by necessity). I played so much more at the launch of the Xbox One that even though I hated the Kinect, the $500 was justifiable.
xbl/psn tag: dave2eleven

Rodster
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by Rodster »

Dave wrote:Not exactly a surprise based on specs, right?

Sony struggling with PS5 costs, price point uncertain

It'll be harder to resist as launch nears, but I'm considering waiting for a price cut for the first time since the PS2 (when it was by necessity). I played so much more at the launch of the Xbox One that even though I hated the Kinect, the $500 was justifiable.
I'm thinking $599 for the PS5, maybe Microsoft will surprise with an undercut in price for the Series X. Superfast onboard SSD storage is NOT cheap and it sounds like that storage will be at least 1800 mb/s if not faster.

The onboard storage on my 2018 Mac mini is around 2600 MB/s so I wouldn't be surprised if we see those numbers on the PS5 and Series X because both consoles are empathizing short load times.

Rodster
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by Rodster »

A laundry list of new features for the next gen Xbox

What You Can Expect From the Next Generation of Gaming

https://news.xbox.com/en-us/2020/02/24/ ... on-gaming/

Sudz
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by Sudz »

is this f***er really going to need to stand up like that? Who has an entertainment center that can accommodate that s***? Make that s*** smaller. This is the mother f***in future, assjacks!

Diablo25
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by Diablo25 »

Sudz wrote:is this f***er really going to need to stand up like that? Who has an entertainment center that can accommodate that s***? Make that s*** smaller. This is the mother f***in future, assjacks!
It can also be laid on its side.

From above:
PSN Name - EPDiablo25

Sudz
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by Sudz »

Thanks for that chart.

I'll chill.

J_Cauthen
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by J_Cauthen »

The Series X will fit in my entertainment center horizontally with plenty of room to spare. It doesn't seem to me that it would cool itself as efficiently that way, but I would think it would have to be able to do so adequately enough for Microsoft to state that it can operate either way. I'm starting to feel a little bit of a buzz over the releases of the X and the 5.