Xbox Series X and PlayStation 5

Welcome to the Digital Sportspage forum.

Moderators: Bill_Abner, ScoopBrady

Lancer
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Re: Xbox Series X and PlayStation 5

Post by Lancer »

MizzouRah wrote:
Sun Mar 17, 2024 11:05 am
Has anyone played New Star GP? I've always loved their soccer games, and after watching some videos, this reminds me of a pole position with a career mode and it looks fairly deep.

It has great reviews as well.
looks like there is a demo version on xb. i will try it. thanks.

MizzouRah
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by MizzouRah »

Lancer wrote:
Sun Mar 17, 2024 4:39 pm

looks like there is a demo version on xb. i will try it. thanks.
Downloaded the demo and I'm hooked. I'm not a huge racing game fan, but this is fun to play and the career mode is addicting.
XBL GT: MizzouRah0971

sportdan30
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by sportdan30 »

MizzouRah wrote:
Sun Mar 17, 2024 11:05 am
Has anyone played New Star GP? I've always loved their soccer games, and after watching some videos, this reminds me of a pole position with a career mode and it looks fairly deep.

It has great reviews as well.
Didn't realize there was a demo. Will check it out this week. Thanks.

MizzouRah
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by MizzouRah »

sportdan30 wrote:
Mon Mar 18, 2024 8:56 am
Didn't realize there was a demo. Will check it out this week. Thanks.
I'm purchasing today, let me know what you think.
XBL GT: MizzouRah0971

DChaps
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by DChaps »

I finally purchased an Xbox Series X last fall to coincide with Forza Motorsport. Unfortunately, I have barely played that game for many reasons, but I have been very happy with EA WRC on the Series X as my aging PC can't really handle it. Anyway, I just realized as I was trying to install MLB The Show 24 that I am already out of space and that is with only 7 games installed! (EA WRC, Forza Motorsport, Forza Horizon 5, F1 23, Assetto Corsa Competizione, NBA 2K24, and PGA Tour). What is the best/cheapest option for expanding capacity without sacrificing performance. I have external drives still for both my original Xbox One and Xbox One X, but my understanding is that you cannot play games from external drives with the Series X. Is there a way to just back them up so if I decided to remove lets say NBA 2K24, I don't have to redownload it when I went to play it again? Thanks!

Lancer
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by Lancer »

DChaps wrote:
Tue Mar 19, 2024 7:32 pm
I finally purchased an Xbox Series X last fall to coincide with Forza Motorsport. Unfortunately, I have barely played that game for many reasons, but I have been very happy with EA WRC on the Series X as my aging PC can't really handle it. Anyway, I just realized as I was trying to install MLB The Show 24 that I am already out of space and that is with only 7 games installed! (EA WRC, Forza Motorsport, Forza Horizon 5, F1 23, Assetto Corsa Competizione, NBA 2K24, and PGA Tour). What is the best/cheapest option for expanding capacity without sacrificing performance. I have external drives still for both my original Xbox One and Xbox One X, but my understanding is that you cannot play games from external drives with the Series X. Is there a way to just back them up so if I decided to remove lets say NBA 2K24, I don't have to redownload it when I went to play it again? Thanks!
you can play nba2k24 on xcloud if you do offline modes or offline myteam. I never played it online on xcloud. The forza games are on xcloud too if you want to save space. I think you may have to uninstall the game though for the cloud option to appear on your xbox. Not sure.

the only option is the seagate or WD storage. 1TB still is around $150. which is a rip off. I got mine on sale last year for like $90. Microsoft Flight Sim 2020 is now like 600GB with 3 years of updates and add on's. The new one coming out later this year is going to be just as big or bigger. That game on cloud isn't as nice as installed. So I just keep it on. If I erased it and thought about reinstalling I think the entire download would take like 24 hours.

pk500
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by pk500 »

DChaps wrote:
Tue Mar 19, 2024 7:32 pm
Play in the cloud. Forza Motorsport and Forza Horizon 5 are in the cloud with GamePass, and I think NBA 2K24 is, too. Deleting those three games will save you nearly 350 GB on your drive -- almost half your available space.

Yes, cloud-based gaming tops out at 1080p, which is a bummer. But I'll take a slight degradation in visual quality to save space instead of paying at least $100 for a solid-state drive.

Cloud gaming was ropey as f*ck around Christmas, as I think a lot of people got GamePass subs and played in the cloud, and MS didn't have proper server capacity. Ten- to 15-minute waits to get into some popular games were common.

Now, I get into any game on the cloud in less than a minute, and everything runs flawlessly.
"You know why I love boxers? I love them because they face fear. And they face it alone." - Nick Charles

"First on the throttle, last on the brakes." - @MotoGP Twitter signature

XBL Gamertag: pk4425

DChaps
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by DChaps »

pk500 wrote:
Wed Mar 20, 2024 5:38 pm
Play in the cloud. Forza Motorsport and Forza Horizon 5 are in the cloud with GamePass, and I think NBA 2K24 is, too. Deleting those three games will save you nearly 350 GB on your drive -- almost half your available space.

Yes, cloud-based gaming tops out at 1080p, which is a bummer. But I'll take a slight degradation in visual quality to save space instead of paying at least $100 for a solid-state drive.

Cloud gaming was ropey as f*ck around Christmas, as I think a lot of people got GamePass subs and played in the cloud, and MS didn't have proper server capacity. Ten- to 15-minute waits to get into some popular games were common.

Now, I get into any game on the cloud in less than a minute, and everything runs flawlessly.
Thanks for the tip, I may have to try and give cloud gaming another go then. I initially tried both Forza Motorsport, Forza Horizon 5 and MS Flight Simulator in the cloud and it was very poor performance and constant disconnects and waits and restarting. Truth be told, my internet is not great so that could also be the issue. AT+T is finally bringing a fiber option to my neighborhood so I may have to try that out when available.

Zeppo
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by Zeppo »

I have a WD BLACK 2TB P10 Game Drive external USB drive connected to my Series X for additional game storage. It seems to go for about $80 now on Amazon, and they have different sizes, I think up to 8TB. You can’t play native Series X games off it, and it can’t do Quick Resume for non-Series X games you run off it, but moving games to and from the internal SSD takes a lot less time than downloading them, and non Series X games can run off it just fine.

Or, you can pony up for an NVMe SSD expansion card, such as the WD BLACK 1TB C50 Expansion Card, which seem to run about $130 now at Amazon, or a Seagate or some other brand. I think they run as big as 2TB. These NVMe SSDs will act just the same as the internal SSD, including allowing Quick Resume for games running on it and allowing you to run native Series X games from it. I think that originally Xbox only allowed Seagate to produce these NVMe expansion cards, but they’ve since relaxed those restrictions and prices seem to have come down.

Lancer
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by Lancer »

Free Play Days – Cyberpunk 2077, Assassin’s Creed Mirage, Naruto to Boruto: Shinobi Striker and Black Desert

Lancer
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by Lancer »

Target has a sale on Xbox Series controllers this week.

Diablo25
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by Diablo25 »

Assassins Creed Mirage is better than I expected. Some of the reviews were luke warm. Its on sale for $29.99. I’ve been wanting a nice SP game on the Xbox since finishing CP 2077, which is one of the best SP games ever. I played the 2 hour free trial of ACM and pulled the trigger on the full game. Not regretting it so far.
XBLive Gamertag - Diablo25
PSN Name - EPDiablo25