Xbox Series X and PlayStation 5

Welcome to the Digital Sportspage forum.

Moderators: Bill_Abner, ScoopBrady

pk500
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Re: Xbox Series X and PlayStation 5

Post by pk500 »

Rodster wrote:
Mon Oct 04, 2021 5:21 pm
"AMD, Phil Spencer Expect Console Shortages To Continue Into 2022"

https://www.gamespot.com/articles/amd-p ... 0-6496786/
Shocker. I joked earlier this year it would be 2023 until I got a Series X. Doesn't look like much of a joke now.
"You know why I love boxers? I love them because they face fear. And they face it alone." - Nick Charles

"First on the throttle, last on the brakes." - @MotoGP Twitter signature

XBL Gamertag: pk4425

Rodster
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by Rodster »

The Series S is back in stock at the Microsoft Store. No sign of the Series X but if you have a 1080p TV the Series S is a solid choice.

pk500
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by pk500 »

Rodster wrote:
Wed Oct 06, 2021 9:33 pm
The Series S is back in stock at the Microsoft Store. No sign of the Series X but if you have a 1080p TV the Series S is a solid choice.
Thanks, but I have a 4K UHD TV. I'm getting an X or getting nothing.

Plus the 500 GB storage is miniscule on the S, especially when the system OS consumes 150 GB of that right out of the box. You basically have a box with storage for about five or six games of average size these days. Oh, and if you're a Call of Duty fan, kiss half of your SSD goodbye right away.

Microsoft's decision to go the Apple Lightning cable route with external storage also grates. Yeah, you can store games on any external HD, but if you want to play them in full X/S glory, they need to be on the Microsoft or officially licensed SDD cards, which cost around $200.

F*cking ridiculous. So, yeah, it's X for me. Or nada.
"You know why I love boxers? I love them because they face fear. And they face it alone." - Nick Charles

Danimal
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by Danimal »

pk500 wrote:
Thu Oct 07, 2021 11:40 am
Microsoft's decision to go the Apple Lightning cable route with external storage also grates. Yeah, you can store games on any external HD, but if you want to play them in full X/S glory, they need to be on the Microsoft or officially licensed SDD cards, which cost around $200.

Wait what? You mean all these game I have on my Seagate 8TB drive are not being played to their capabilities?
Follow Me on:
YouTube - www.youtube.com/maxpixelation/
Twitch - twitch.tv/maximumpixelation
Twitter - twitter.com/maxpixelation

pk500
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by pk500 »

Danimal wrote:
Thu Oct 07, 2021 12:23 pm
pk500 wrote:
Thu Oct 07, 2021 11:40 am

Wait what? You mean all these game I have on my Seagate 8TB drive are not being played to their capabilities?
https://www.windowscentral.com/xbox-ser ... rage-guide

Not unless it's the official Seagate expansion SSD card. See the explanatory grid in the above story link. Someone please correct me if I'm wrong.

greggsand
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by greggsand »

That's correct.
My Tesla referral code - get free supercharger miles!! https://ts.la/gregg43474

Rodster
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by Rodster »

Yup ditto to what PK said. You can put a Series X/S game on an external drive but it won't let you play it until you move it either on the internal drive or the Seagate expansion card. I don't think that applies to an XBOX One or X360 game.

jLp_VaKer0
Mario Mendoza

Post by jLp_VaKer0 »

Looks like Series X is available at Microsoft website now.

Probably extremely limited.

RUN!

Diablo25
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by Diablo25 »

Halo Infinite campaign overview. Looks very nice.
https://youtu.be/tgn8VOv9dc0

XBLive Gamertag - Diablo25
PSN Name - EPDiablo25

Rodster
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by Rodster »

This Ebay seller has Series X for $499. It smells like a scam but you never know. :?

https://www.ebay.com/itm/403254137589?h ... SwZf9hdg9V

pk500
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by pk500 »

Rodster wrote:
Mon Oct 25, 2021 10:29 pm
This Ebay seller has Series X for $499. It smells like a scam but you never know. :?

https://www.ebay.com/itm/403254137589?h ... SwZf9hdg9V
That listing may as well read, "I'm trying to steal from you if you're stupid enough to send me money." :)

Lancer
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by Lancer »

Was at Target and Costco today and both stores have tons of Xbox Series S's. Well stocked on the floor. But no Xbox Series X around. Or PS5. I'll keep waiting.

pk500
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by pk500 »

Lancer wrote:
Sat Oct 30, 2021 11:43 pm
Was at Target and Costco today and both stores have tons of Xbox Series S's. Well stocked on the floor. But no Xbox Series X around. Or PS5. I'll keep waiting.
That's because the S is a stupid purchase if you have a 4K TV.

The S doesn't output in native 4K, only upscaled. It only has 500 GB of onboard memory, which drops to about 325-350 GB of game storage due to the OS inhaling part of the storage. With some of today's blockbuster titles exceeding 100 GB, that will allow you to store maybe three or four major titles on your console.

Lancer
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by Lancer »

pk500 wrote:
Sun Oct 31, 2021 5:19 pm
Lancer wrote:

The S doesn't output in native 4K, only upscaled. It only has 500 GB of onboard memory, which drops to about 325-350 GB of game storage due to the OS inhaling part of the storage. With some of today's blockbuster titles exceeding 100 GB, that will allow you to store maybe three or four major titles on your console.
The people I know who have XB S they love it. Even with a 4k tv they say it looks amazing the way it upscales. The memory is an issue but I'd probably only install 3 - 4 next gen games on there anyway. I'm tempted but I'll keep waiting to get a XB X even if I have to wait until 2023.

tjung0831
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by tjung0831 »

Lancer wrote:
Mon Nov 01, 2021 4:18 pm
pk500 wrote:
Lancer wrote:

The people I know who have XB S they love it. Even with a 4k tv they say it looks amazing the way it upscales. The memory is an issue but I'd probably only install 3 - 4 next gen games on there anyway. I'm tempted but I'll keep waiting to get a XB X even if I have to wait until 2023.
I got lucky and scored a series X a few months ago. My oldest son though is a pc gamer but recently landed his first full time gig and he works out of town Monday through Friday. He bought a series S strictly for traveling and gaming in his hotel during the week and he actually loves it. He bought the memory card as well to store games.
Tim

"tjungin it"

PS4 - tjung0831
Xbox - NHLTIM

pk500
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by pk500 »

Lancer wrote:
The people I know who have XB S they love it. Even with a 4k tv they say it looks amazing the way it upscales.
And it will look doubly amazing in native 4K compared to upscaled.

Diablo25
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by Diablo25 »

I’ve been trying to help score a Series X for PK and today Walmart had a drop at 3pm. I got in the queue at 3pm but just sat there as nothing happened. Frustrating.
XBLive Gamertag - Diablo25
PSN Name - EPDiablo25

pk500
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by pk500 »

Diablo25 wrote:
Mon Nov 01, 2021 9:00 pm
I’ve been trying to help score a Series X for PK and today Walmart had a drop at 3pm. I got in the queue at 3pm but just sat there as nothing happened. Frustrating.
Same. Hung on 1 minute waiting time for about 25 minutes.

This whole process is beyond comical, but I sure appreciate your efforts for me, Bill!

dbdynsty25
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by dbdynsty25 »

If you guys aren't using four devices at a time like I did, you're bound to fail. LOL. I had my iPad, my phone, my Macbook and my PC all going back at launch when I got 4 of them successfully (canceled 2 because my bro scored one and then I didn't want to chance the Walmart shipping fiasco). My 4 device attack worked for a PS5 for my nephew for Xmas too...unfortunately it seems like it's the best plan going forward as well.

This is absolutely insane post-launch...I feel for you guys.

Danimal
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by Danimal »

I can only tell you what worked for me last time with Walmart. I hit it exactly and they said they were sold out, I kept hitting reload on my browser and my iPhone. Some how I got luck because at 10 minutes past the drop I was able to check out. I think a lot of people give up after a few minutes and it feels like they spoon them out in intervals. That's all speculation and maybe I was just lucky but it worked for me.

It also goes without saying make sure you have a payment option already saved in your account. If you need to enter payment info you're f***ed in my opinion.
Follow Me on:
YouTube - www.youtube.com/maxpixelation/
Twitch - twitch.tv/maximumpixelation
Twitter - twitter.com/maxpixelation

tjung0831
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by tjung0831 »

Lancer wrote:
pk500 wrote:
Lancer wrote:

Lancer I saw your private message and I responded but it’s just sitting in my outbox and hasn’t moved.
Send me an email to tjung0831@gmail.com and I’ll happily answer your questions.
Tim

"tjungin it"

PS4 - tjung0831
Xbox - NHLTIM

Rodster
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by Rodster »

Danimal wrote:
Tue Nov 02, 2021 12:10 pm
I can only tell you what worked for me last time with Walmart. I hit it exactly and they said they were sold out, I kept hitting reload on my browser and my iPhone. Some how I got luck because at 10 minutes past the drop I was able to check out. I think a lot of people give up after a few minutes and it feels like they spoon them out in intervals. That's all speculation and maybe I was just lucky but it worked for me.

It also goes without saying make sure you have a payment option already saved in your account. If you need to enter payment info you're f***ed in my opinion.
That was pretty much my experience. I found out thru Gamespot.com that there was a Walmart drop. I opened the Walmart app and as soon as I tried to put a PS5 in my cart, I got out of stock. But then the Add to Cart button came back and I spammed it like 50 times and then I got the message it was in my cart. I then added my CC and the order processed. I got lucky because I had to add a payment.

The Series X can be easier to get if someone wants the All Access version. I bought one from Walmart several months back and they were still in stock for almost 24 hrs. IIRC, the All Access version might have a trade up program so when a new model comes out you can trade up and pay the difference but you have to get another AA console.

JOZ
Utility Infielder
Utility Infielder

Post by JOZ »

There is another Series X drop on Walmart at 3pm EST. Good luck :)

MizzouRah
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by MizzouRah »

I don't think I have ever played a console this much in the same timeframe as I've had my XSX. Madden, NHL, Far Cry, Metro Exodus and the list goes on. I just love being able to jump into a game so much faster and of course the 60fps helps the overall game play.

I love my LG TV, but at some point I want the C1 in my living room as my current LG can't do 120fps. Will have to find a way to get that past the wifey. :P
XBL GT: MizzouRah0971

F308GTB
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by F308GTB »

Ah, so that is why they are all lined up....

Had to pick up a small appliance at the only store in town that appeared to have it in stock, and it just happened to be a Best Buy. At 10 AM about 18 chairs out front with nothing but guys socializing with each other. Asked the sales guy if they were there for a really early BF camp out, but I guess a special edition Xbox hits the street Monday. The guy pointed to the consoles above the registers - looked to be no more than 2 dozen, and this was at the "main" BB in Houston. Also looked to be about 2 dozen PS5s up there.

I am so glad I have never been a camper for electronics.