Xbox Series X and PlayStation 5

Welcome to the Digital Sportspage forum.

Moderators: Bill_Abner, ScoopBrady

Post Reply
User avatar
MERACE
Utility Infielder
Utility Infielder
Posts: 405
Joined: Fri Feb 24, 2012 2:47 pm

Re: Xbox Series X and PlayStation 5

Post by MERACE »

Looks like I won't have to upgrade to an Xbox Series X to play Microsoft Flight Simulator:

https://www.reviewgeek.com/88260/xbox-o ... gh-xcloud/

-MERACE

User avatar
Danimal
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star
Posts: 11897
Joined: Mon Apr 12, 2004 3:00 am
Location: Chicago, Illinois
Contact:

Re: Xbox Series X and PlayStation 5

Post by Danimal »

fanatic2 wrote:
Wed Jun 16, 2021 6:24 pm
Xbox/Bethesda presentation was indeed great.

If my Series X hadn't been a dud when I received it at launch, I wouldn't have grabbed the PS5.

I've enjoyed the PS5 so far - Spiderman, AstroBot, Ratchet and Clank, Demon's Soul and some PS4 upgraded games like God of War.

But....with Flight Simulator, Forza Horizon 5 and Bethesda's games coming to Gamepass, I think I will crack and get the Series X.

Has anyone been able to justify both? I figure a Series X with Gamepass will cost about $20 (CDN) a month for the next 6 years (typical cycle). That's how I'm justifying it anyways!
I really like the PS5 controller but honestly not a single game you mentioned does anything for me. The type of games I enjoy are all on the Xbox / PC, there are just a handful on the PS like Last of Us, Horizon that I like. Gamepass make the decision easy, I'm rather astonished Sony hasn't come out with something similar so far. I think for the first time ever I will just stick with an XBX unless there is some exclusive I must play.
Follow Me on:
YouTube - www.youtube.com/maxpixelation/
Twitch - twitch.tv/maximumpixelation
Twitter - twitter.com/maxpixelation

User avatar
pk500
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star
Posts: 33371
Joined: Sun Aug 11, 2002 3:00 am
Location: Syracuse, N.Y.
Contact:

Re: Xbox Series X and PlayStation 5

Post by pk500 »

MERACE wrote:
Thu Jun 17, 2021 3:19 pm
Looks like I won't have to upgrade to an Xbox Series X to play Microsoft Flight Simulator:

https://www.reviewgeek.com/88260/xbox-o ... gh-xcloud/

-MERACE
Boom. That's massive. I thought I would need to buy a Series X to play Flight Simulator, and I really don't want to shell out $500 just to play one game.
"You know why I love boxers? I love them because they face fear. And they face it alone." - Nick Charles

"First on the throttle, last on the brakes." - @MotoGP Twitter signature

XBL Gamertag: pk4425

User avatar
Rodster
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star
Posts: 13399
Joined: Sun Nov 24, 2002 4:00 am

Re: Xbox Series X and PlayStation 5

Post by Rodster »

Danimal wrote:
Thu Jun 17, 2021 3:34 pm
I really like the PS5 controller but honestly not a single game you mentioned does anything for me. The type of games I enjoy are all on the Xbox / PC, there are just a handful on the PS like Last of Us, Horizon that I like. Gamepass make the decision easy, I'm rather astonished Sony hasn't come out with something similar so far. I think for the first time ever I will just stick with an XBX unless there is some exclusive I must play.
Microsoft killed it with Gamepass. It's beyond essential now. I'm with you, there isn't a game on the PS5 that justifies the console and that's a first because I always buy both. The decision has been a lot easier because it's still hard to find a PS5 at a retailer. Now if Bloodborne II was announced then I would spend $500 just for that game. Maybe Gran Turismo 7 might do it for me but that's still at least a year or two away and by then we'll probably be looking at the PS5 Slim and Pro.

User avatar
XXXIV
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star
Posts: 17307
Joined: Mon Dec 01, 2003 4:00 am
Location: United States

Re: Xbox Series X and PlayStation 5

Post by XXXIV »

pk500 wrote:
Thu Jun 17, 2021 3:36 pm
MERACE wrote:
Thu Jun 17, 2021 3:19 pm
Looks like I won't have to upgrade to an Xbox Series X to play Microsoft Flight Simulator:

https://www.reviewgeek.com/88260/xbox-o ... gh-xcloud/

-MERACE
Boom. That's massive. I thought I would need to buy a Series X to play Flight Simulator, and I really don't want to shell out $500 just to play one game.
You never had to buy a series X. Its been available on PC for free with Gamepass for almost a year.

The way I understand it everything will eventually be available with Gamepass via cloud without a console or a pc but through your smart TV.

User avatar
XXXIV
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star
Posts: 17307
Joined: Mon Dec 01, 2003 4:00 am
Location: United States

Re: Xbox Series X and PlayStation 5

Post by XXXIV »

Rodster wrote:
Thu Jun 17, 2021 6:33 pm
Danimal wrote:
Thu Jun 17, 2021 3:34 pm
I really like the PS5 controller but honestly not a single game you mentioned does anything for me. The type of games I enjoy are all on the Xbox / PC, there are just a handful on the PS like Last of Us, Horizon that I like. Gamepass make the decision easy, I'm rather astonished Sony hasn't come out with something similar so far. I think for the first time ever I will just stick with an XBX unless there is some exclusive I must play.
Microsoft killed it with Gamepass. It's beyond essential now. I'm with you, there isn't a game on the PS5 that justifies the console and that's a first because I always buy both. The decision has been a lot easier because it's still hard to find a PS5 at a retailer. Now if Bloodborne II was announced then I would spend $500 just for that game. Maybe Gran Turismo 7 might do it for me but that's still at least a year or two away and by then we'll probably be looking at the PS5 Slim and Pro.
Agree with much of this.

Im all about the XBOX ecosystem. True I have always been intrigued by 2 or 3 of the PS4 games but this new PS5 is even more a pointless purchase for me this week than it was last week.

User avatar
pk500
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star
Posts: 33371
Joined: Sun Aug 11, 2002 3:00 am
Location: Syracuse, N.Y.
Contact:

Re: Xbox Series X and PlayStation 5

Post by pk500 »

XXXIV wrote:
Thu Jun 17, 2021 7:11 pm
pk500 wrote:
Thu Jun 17, 2021 3:36 pm
MERACE wrote:
Thu Jun 17, 2021 3:19 pm
Looks like I won't have to upgrade to an Xbox Series X to play Microsoft Flight Simulator:

https://www.reviewgeek.com/88260/xbox-o ... gh-xcloud/

-MERACE
Boom. That's massive. I thought I would need to buy a Series X to play Flight Simulator, and I really don't want to shell out $500 just to play one game.
You never had to buy a series X. Its been available on PC for free with Gamepass for almost a year.

The way I understand it everything will eventually be available with Gamepass via cloud without a console or a pc but through your smart TV.
I don't do PC gaming, so this is big for me.
"You know why I love boxers? I love them because they face fear. And they face it alone." - Nick Charles

"First on the throttle, last on the brakes." - @MotoGP Twitter signature

XBL Gamertag: pk4425

fanatic2
Mario Mendoza
Posts: 15
Joined: Mon Apr 11, 2016 10:26 am

Re: Xbox Series X and PlayStation 5

Post by fanatic2 »

The more I think about it, the Series S might be the perfect companion to my PS5.

For all Sony exclusives and multi-platform 4K games, I'll use the PS5.

Then the S becomes a complimentary system that I will play everything on Game Pass.

Plus they match and I save $220CDN. :)

User avatar
XXXIV
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star
Posts: 17307
Joined: Mon Dec 01, 2003 4:00 am
Location: United States

Re: Xbox Series X and PlayStation 5

Post by XXXIV »

pk500 wrote:
Fri Jun 18, 2021 12:00 pm
I don't do PC gaming, so this is big for me.
That it is and it is a beautiful thing.

They are getting that Gamepass s*** to everyone they can and any way they can.

I see them converting even the most challenged.

User avatar
pk500
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star
Posts: 33371
Joined: Sun Aug 11, 2002 3:00 am
Location: Syracuse, N.Y.
Contact:

Re: Xbox Series X and PlayStation 5

Post by pk500 »

XXXIV wrote:
Fri Jun 18, 2021 10:05 pm
pk500 wrote:
Fri Jun 18, 2021 12:00 pm
I don't do PC gaming, so this is big for me.
That it is and it is a beautiful thing.

They are getting that Gamepass s*** to everyone they can and any way they can.

I see them converting even the most challenged.
Yep, any frequent gamer who owns an Xbox and doesn't have GamePass by now needs to be piss-tested.
"You know why I love boxers? I love them because they face fear. And they face it alone." - Nick Charles

"First on the throttle, last on the brakes." - @MotoGP Twitter signature

XBL Gamertag: pk4425

User avatar
Diablo25
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star
Posts: 8886
Joined: Sun Aug 08, 2004 3:00 am
Location: Pennsylvania

Re: Xbox Series X and PlayStation 5

Post by Diablo25 »

pk500 wrote:
Sat Jun 19, 2021 9:40 am
XXXIV wrote:
Fri Jun 18, 2021 10:05 pm
pk500 wrote:
Fri Jun 18, 2021 12:00 pm
I don't do PC gaming, so this is big for me.
That it is and it is a beautiful thing.

They are getting that Gamepass s*** to everyone they can and any way they can.

I see them converting even the most challenged.
Yep, any frequent gamer who owns an Xbox and doesn't have GamePass by now needs to be piss-tested.
Hahahahahaha. True
XBLive Gamertag - Diablo25
PSN Name - EPDiablo25

User avatar
MizzouRah
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star
Posts: 8006
Joined: Thu Oct 09, 2003 3:00 am
Location: Troy, Mo

Re: Xbox Series X and PlayStation 5

Post by MizzouRah »

pk500 wrote:
Sat Jun 19, 2021 9:40 am

Yep, any frequent gamer who owns an Xbox and doesn't have GamePass by now needs to be piss-tested.
I just signed up for GP Ultimate, yes I'm very late to the party.

I'm hoping Madden 22 and NHL 22 will be on there at release.
XBL GT: MizzouRah0971

User avatar
XXXIV
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star
Posts: 17307
Joined: Mon Dec 01, 2003 4:00 am
Location: United States

Re: Xbox Series X and PlayStation 5

Post by XXXIV »

Diablo25 wrote:
pk500 wrote:
Sat Jun 19, 2021 9:40 am
XXXIV wrote:
Fri Jun 18, 2021 10:05 pm
That it is and it is a beautiful thing.

They are getting that Gamepass s*** to everyone they can and any way they can.

I see them converting even the most challenged.
Yep, any frequent gamer who owns an Xbox and doesn't have GamePass by now needs to be piss-tested.
Hahahahahaha. True
Absolutely!

User avatar
XXXIV
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star
Posts: 17307
Joined: Mon Dec 01, 2003 4:00 am
Location: United States

Re: Xbox Series X and PlayStation 5

Post by XXXIV »

MizzouRah wrote:
Sat Jun 19, 2021 10:36 am
pk500 wrote:
Sat Jun 19, 2021 9:40 am

Yep, any frequent gamer who owns an Xbox and doesn't have GamePass by now needs to be piss-tested.
I just signed up for GP Ultimate, yes I'm very late to the party.

I'm hoping Madden 22 and NHL 22 will be on there at release.

I do not see that happening any year soon but you are allowed to hope. After all not only did you not have to spend $70 for MLB The Show you dont have to waste $500 on a PS5 to play that game.

User avatar
MizzouRah
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star
Posts: 8006
Joined: Thu Oct 09, 2003 3:00 am
Location: Troy, Mo

Re: Xbox Series X and PlayStation 5

Post by MizzouRah »

Yeah my stupid butt should have switched to GPU awhile ago. I basically get it until July 2022 for $1 after XBL conversion.
XBL GT: MizzouRah0971

tjung0831
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star
Posts: 2970
Joined: Sun Aug 17, 2003 3:00 am
Location: Cottleville, MO

Re: Xbox Series X and PlayStation 5

Post by tjung0831 »

Been a great day so far, I purchased a 2022 Subaru Outback Wilderness edition for the wife and scored a Series X for myself!
She’s happy...I’m happy! :lol:
Tim

"tjungin it"

PS4 - tjung0831
Xbox - NHLTIM

User avatar
Diablo25
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star
Posts: 8886
Joined: Sun Aug 08, 2004 3:00 am
Location: Pennsylvania

Re: Xbox Series X and PlayStation 5

Post by Diablo25 »

tjung0831 wrote:
Thu Jun 24, 2021 2:00 pm
Been a great day so far, I purchased a 2022 Subaru Outback Wilderness edition for the wife and scored a Series X for myself!
She’s happy...I’m happy! :lol:
Sweet. Enjoy the good days.
XBLive Gamertag - Diablo25
PSN Name - EPDiablo25

Lancer
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star
Posts: 1324
Joined: Wed Jun 30, 2010 3:00 am

Re: Xbox Series X and PlayStation 5

Post by Lancer »

The Series S is very available in my area this week. I looked around and I can pick one up tomorrow if I wanted to.

I have been seeing rave reviews about the S. I'm still holding out for an XB X but with flight sim coming out in a month, if I don't have one I may end up getting a S just to play flight sim.

One youtuber I follow who is a huge Playstation fan boy is loving the S, which surprised me and got me on the hype train. FIFA looks incredible on S :




User avatar
J_Cauthen
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star
Posts: 3031
Joined: Thu Oct 24, 2002 3:00 am
Location: Rock Hill, SC

Re: Xbox Series X and PlayStation 5

Post by J_Cauthen »

From what I gather, the Series S performs at 1440p, like a Series X at 2160p (4K). 1440p definitely looks better to my eyes than 1080p. I'd always wished that developers had given XBox One X owners an option to use 1440p so that they could run games as 60 FPS.

User avatar
jLp_VaKer0
Mario Mendoza
Posts: 41
Joined: Mon Aug 19, 2002 3:00 am
Location: Bayamón, Puerto Rico
Contact:

Re: Xbox Series X and PlayStation 5

Post by jLp_VaKer0 »

Lancer wrote:
Sun Jun 27, 2021 3:30 am
The Series S is very available in my area this week. I looked around and I can pick one up tomorrow if I wanted to.

I have been seeing rave reviews about the S. I'm still holding out for an XB X but with flight sim coming out in a month, if I don't have one I may end up getting a S just to play flight sim.

One youtuber I follow who is a huge Playstation fan boy is loving the S, which surprised me and got me on the hype train. FIFA looks incredible on S :



If you have any thoughts of eventually upgrading the storage of the Series S (500GB) then it's a no-brainer to hold off and wait to get the X. Specially if you have a big TV (60+) with a HDMI 2.1 port.

Plus the X is still a lot easier to find online (at MSRP) if you follow some twitter accounts and turn on notifications.

fanatic2
Mario Mendoza
Posts: 15
Joined: Mon Apr 11, 2016 10:26 am

Re: Xbox Series X and PlayStation 5

Post by fanatic2 »

Series X arrived at my door today...

Wondering what my first Game Pass download should be - maybe Yakuza Like a Dragon? Ori Will of the Wisps? Star Wars Fallen Order?

My heart wants to play Forza Horizon 4, but I'm worried about playing it too close to the release of #5. I worry that it will make my initial experience with #5 less mind blowing!

Lancer
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star
Posts: 1324
Joined: Wed Jun 30, 2010 3:00 am

Re: Xbox Series X and PlayStation 5

Post by Lancer »

fanatic2 wrote:
Tue Jun 29, 2021 7:07 pm
Series X arrived at my door today...

Wondering what my first Game Pass download should be - maybe Yakuza Like a Dragon? Ori Will of the Wisps? Star Wars Fallen Order?

My heart wants to play Forza Horizon 4, but I'm worried about playing it too close to the release of #5. I worry that it will make my initial experience with #5 less mind blowing!
isnt 5 coming out in Nov?

Lancer
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star
Posts: 1324
Joined: Wed Jun 30, 2010 3:00 am

Re: Xbox Series X and PlayStation 5

Post by Lancer »

jLp_VaKer0 wrote:
Tue Jun 29, 2021 1:59 pm
Lancer wrote:
Sun Jun 27, 2021 3:30 am
The Series S is very available in my area this week. I looked around and I can pick one up tomorrow if I wanted to.

I have been seeing rave reviews about the S. I'm still holding out for an XB X but with flight sim coming out in a month, if I don't have one I may end up getting a S just to play flight sim.

One youtuber I follow who is a huge Playstation fan boy is loving the S, which surprised me and got me on the hype train. FIFA looks incredible on S :



If you have any thoughts of eventually upgrading the storage of the Series S (500GB) then it's a no-brainer to hold off and wait to get the X. Specially if you have a big TV (60+) with a HDMI 2.1 port.

Plus the X is still a lot easier to find online (at MSRP) if you follow some twitter accounts and turn on notifications.
Ya I have one 4k tv in my place. TCL. I really enjoy it. I'd love to see how a XBX game would look. Still hard to find here.

But this guy is really selling me on S.


fanatic2
Mario Mendoza
Posts: 15
Joined: Mon Apr 11, 2016 10:26 am

Re: Xbox Series X and PlayStation 5

Post by fanatic2 »

Lancer wrote:
Wed Jun 30, 2021 12:01 am
fanatic2 wrote:
Tue Jun 29, 2021 7:07 pm
Series X arrived at my door today...

Wondering what my first Game Pass download should be - maybe Yakuza Like a Dragon? Ori Will of the Wisps? Star Wars Fallen Order?

My heart wants to play Forza Horizon 4, but I'm worried about playing it too close to the release of #5. I worry that it will make my initial experience with #5 less mind blowing!
isnt 5 coming out in Nov?
Ha true- might be fun to go for a ride in the English countryside

User avatar
pk500
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star
Posts: 33371
Joined: Sun Aug 11, 2002 3:00 am
Location: Syracuse, N.Y.
Contact:

Re: Xbox Series X and PlayStation 5

Post by pk500 »

fanatic2 wrote:
Tue Jun 29, 2021 7:07 pm
Series X arrived at my door today...

Wondering what my first Game Pass download should be - maybe Yakuza Like a Dragon? Ori Will of the Wisps? Star Wars Fallen Order?

My heart wants to play Forza Horizon 4, but I'm worried about playing it too close to the release of #5. I worry that it will make my initial experience with #5 less mind blowing!
Sea of Thieves. The water effects will blow your mind. They look ridiculously good on my OG Xbox One. Can't imagine what they look like in 4K on a Series X.

Seriously.

Fun game, too.
"You know why I love boxers? I love them because they face fear. And they face it alone." - Nick Charles

"First on the throttle, last on the brakes." - @MotoGP Twitter signature

XBL Gamertag: pk4425

Post Reply