Xbox Series X and PlayStation 5

Welcome to the Digital Sportspage forum.

Moderators: Bill_Abner, ScoopBrady

XXXIV
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Re: Xbox Series X and PlayStation 5

Post by XXXIV »

DP
Last edited by XXXIV on Tue May 18, 2021 7:32 pm, edited 1 time in total.

XXXIV
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by XXXIV »

Diablo25 wrote:
Mon May 17, 2021 6:31 pm
Highly anticipated Bethesda RPG Starfield confirmed as Xbox/PC exclusive.
https://www.ign.com/articles/starfield- ... box-and-pc
Spencer basically confirmed this months ago.

Anyone that didnt expect this is a f***in moron.

Danimal
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by Danimal »

J_Cauthen wrote:
Sun May 16, 2021 10:06 am

You have the XBox version of PGA TOUR 2K21 don't you? I'd like to get your reaction to how it plays on the Series X, now that they've added an option to support 60 FPS on the Series X. If you try it, make sure you go in and change the graphics settings to "vsync - 60 Hz". It defaults to 30 Hz, even if it's being played on a Series X. I'll warn you if you haven't played 2K21 in a while. Over the last couple of weeks, they've implemented a swing change on the server side, that nerfs red fast tempos, and as of this past Friday, red slow tempos. You lose a lot of distance when you get into the red tempos... even on pitch shots :?
So I played a round in the DSP tournament, I really need to put some time in and be able to upgrade equipment and the thought of doing that is not appealing right now but anyway. I thought it played really well, no hiccups or lag, load times were great. It plays as well if not better then the PC version in my opinion. IU was expecting better graphics since my PC doesn't have a 4k monitor or HDR but I really didn't see anything impressive in that department.

The game that has given me hope is Madden, after playing a lot of it on the PC I could feel how differently it played. They could certainly do a lot more with it and knowing EA they won't but I can see the potential. Also really nothing on the X/S version that they couldn't do on the PC so they basically just crippled that version to have an X/S version.

I continue to really enjoy The Show, not going to lie I would play it 5 times as much on the PC because I just am more comfortable playing long games on the PC.

So what game really shows off the X/S at this point and preferably on Game Pass :-)
Follow Me on:
YouTube - www.youtube.com/maxpixelation/
Twitch - twitch.tv/maximumpixelation
Twitter - twitter.com/maxpixelation

Rodster
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by Rodster »

Danimal wrote:
Thu May 20, 2021 9:21 am
So what game really shows off the X/S at this point and preferably on Game Pass :-)
Try Control, it uses Ray Tracing, The game Medium on Game Pass uses RT as well. Dirt 5 supposedly looks better on the X/S.

edit: Not sure about Medium if it's using RT but it does require a next gen XBOX

Danimal
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by Danimal »

Figured this would be the best thread for this..maybe.

One of my favorite games from the PC, probably top 5 for me is coming to the Xbox One on June 23rd (PS 4 later). It is called Order of Battle WW2. If you ever played a game like Panzer General back in the day this game is like that. While there are a host of these type of games on the PC Order of Battle is by far my favorite. There are over 1 million active monthly players, a whole host of campaigns as DLC and over 1000 WW2 units. While the base game is free to download on the PC with a 4 scenario campaign, the console version will include the entire Blitzkreig campaign so will cost something.

If you like pushing units around on a map and like beer & pretzel strategy games this is a great buy.

https://www.slitherine.com/game/order-o ... %20players.
Follow Me on:
YouTube - www.youtube.com/maxpixelation/
Twitch - twitch.tv/maximumpixelation
Twitter - twitter.com/maxpixelation

jLp_VaKer0
Mario Mendoza

Post by jLp_VaKer0 »

Copped the PS5 disc edition on Amazon 20 minutes ago, seems OOS now.

Digital could go live any minute now.

Carry on.

pk500
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by pk500 »

Danimal wrote:
Wed May 26, 2021 10:34 am
Figured this would be the best thread for this..maybe.

One of my favorite games from the PC, probably top 5 for me is coming to the Xbox One on June 23rd (PS 4 later). It is called Order of Battle WW2. If you ever played a game like Panzer General back in the day this game is like that. While there are a host of these type of games on the PC Order of Battle is by far my favorite. There are over 1 million active monthly players, a whole host of campaigns as DLC and over 1000 WW2 units. While the base game is free to download on the PC with a 4 scenario campaign, the console version will include the entire Blitzkreig campaign so will cost something.

If you like pushing units around on a map and like beer & pretzel strategy games this is a great buy.

https://www.slitherine.com/game/order-o ... %20players.
Oooooh. Thanks for the tip. I loved Slitherine's Commander: Europe at War on the PC about 15 years ago.
"You know why I love boxers? I love them because they face fear. And they face it alone." - Nick Charles

"First on the throttle, last on the brakes." - @MotoGP Twitter signature

XBL Gamertag: pk4425

jLp_VaKer0
Mario Mendoza

Post by jLp_VaKer0 »

Anyone using a Sony Gold or Platinum headset on the PS5?

I know the companion app is not available on the PS5, what profile are you using on the PS5? Is the 3d sound working?

Diablo25
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by Diablo25 »

Horizon Forbidden West looks ridiculously good. The first one was incredible on the PS4 This one is next level.

XBLive Gamertag - Diablo25
PSN Name - EPDiablo25

Diablo25
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by Diablo25 »

Battlefield 2042 reveal trailer dropped today. Looks very nice. Gameplay trailer is coming 6/13.

PSN Name - EPDiablo25

MizzouRah
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by MizzouRah »

I guess the future is multiplayer as BF 2042 has no single player mode. :(
XBL GT: MizzouRah0971

10spro
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by 10spro »

MizzouRah wrote:
Wed Jun 09, 2021 10:56 pm
Which suits me just fine. Hopefully it’s part of the gamepass deal.

MizzouRah
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by MizzouRah »

10spro wrote:
Wed Jun 09, 2021 11:50 pm
MizzouRah wrote:
Wed Jun 09, 2021 10:56 pm
Which suits me just fine. Hopefully it’s part of the gamepass deal.
My kids enjoy MP but it's not for me.
XBL GT: MizzouRah0971

JOZ
Utility Infielder
Utility Infielder

Post by JOZ »

I've always enjoyed the Battlefield series when I play from time to time. I like the move to the near future, but man was that trailer over the top. I've always liked the somewhat realistic nature of the Battlefield games compared to Call of Duty. I hope this still has that feel and this was just an over the top trailer to get the kids excited.

Lancer
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by Lancer »

Flight Sim XBOX July 17 - FREE ON GAMEPASS - AMAZING

Last edited by Lancer on Sun Jun 13, 2021 6:02 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Lancer
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by Lancer »

FORZA HORIZON 5 - MEXICO - FREE ON GAMEPASS - WOW!

Last edited by Lancer on Sun Jun 13, 2021 6:07 pm, edited 5 times in total.

Lancer
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by Lancer »

MS is making it pretty easy now for me to decide between xbx and ps5.

Lancer
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by Lancer »

XBOX KILLING IT AT E3 -

pk500
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by pk500 »

Lancer wrote:
Sun Jun 13, 2021 5:55 pm
Good for you! I decided when Xbox Live went into beta in 2002 and never looked back. No regrets, especially after today's announcements!
"You know why I love boxers? I love them because they face fear. And they face it alone." - Nick Charles

"First on the throttle, last on the brakes." - @MotoGP Twitter signature

XBL Gamertag: pk4425

Diablo25
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by Diablo25 »

pk500 wrote:
Mon Jun 14, 2021 11:55 am
Lancer wrote:
Sun Jun 13, 2021 5:55 pm
Good for you! I decided when Xbox Live went into beta in 2002 and never looked back. No regrets, especially after today's announcements!
CO SIGNED
PSN Name - EPDiablo25

Diablo25
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by Diablo25 »

The Halo Infinite MP deep dive today was “OK” today. Nothing really jumped out as next gen. Looks good but not ground breaking.

PSN Name - EPDiablo25

fanatic2
Mario Mendoza

Post by fanatic2 »

Xbox/Bethesda presentation was indeed great.

If my Series X hadn't been a dud when I received it at launch, I wouldn't have grabbed the PS5.

I've enjoyed the PS5 so far - Spiderman, AstroBot, Ratchet and Clank, Demon's Soul and some PS4 upgraded games like God of War.

But....with Flight Simulator, Forza Horizon 5 and Bethesda's games coming to Gamepass, I think I will crack and get the Series X.

Has anyone been able to justify both? I figure a Series X with Gamepass will cost about $20 (CDN) a month for the next 6 years (typical cycle). That's how I'm justifying it anyways!

Diablo25
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by Diablo25 »

fanatic2 wrote:
Wed Jun 16, 2021 6:24 pm

If my Series X hadn't been a dud when I received it at launch, I wouldn't have grabbed the PS5.

I've enjoyed the PS5 so far - Spiderman, AstroBot, Ratchet and Clank, Demon's Soul and some PS4 upgraded games like God of War.

But....with Flight Simulator, Forza Horizon 5 and Bethesda's games coming to Gamepass, I think I will crack and get the Series X.

Has anyone been able to justify both? I figure a Series X with Gamepass will cost about $20 (CDN) a month for the next 6 years (typical cycle). That's how I'm justifying it anyways!
I have both the Xbox Series X and a PS5. I am an Xbox first guy but also enjoy Sonys 1st party games…mainly The Show until this year. I purchased a PS5 back at launch and had every intention of keeping it but ended up eBaying it. Started it at a bit above what I paid for it and it escalated to a crazy price. It basically made the PS5 I purchased a few months ago free. I play the XBSX more than the PS5 but Horizon Zero Dawn, GOW and Spider-Man are sick games on the PS5 so i am on one of those games with regularity. I have the best of both worlds at the price of one.
PSN Name - EPDiablo25

fanatic2
Mario Mendoza

Post by fanatic2 »

Diablo25 wrote:
Wed Jun 16, 2021 6:43 pm
fanatic2 wrote:

I have both the Xbox Series X and a PS5. I am an Xbox first guy but also enjoy Sonys 1st party games…mainly The Show until this year. I purchased a PS5 back at launch and had every intention of keeping it but ended up eBaying it. Started it at a bit above what I paid for it and it escalated to a crazy price. It basically made the PS5 I purchased a few months ago free. I play the XBSX more than the PS5 but Horizon Zero Dawn, GOW and Spider-Man are sick games on the PS5 so i am on one of those games with regularity. I have the best of both worlds at the price of one.
Best of both worlds for sure.

If you only buy Sony first party games and nothing extra on Xbox besides Game Pass you probably have everything covered!

sportdan30
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by sportdan30 »

Diablo25 wrote:
Wed Jun 16, 2021 6:43 pm
fanatic2 wrote:

Don't forget the new Ratchet and Clank game. It's so incredibly fun and looks amazing. I'm taking my time and I already know I'm going to miss playing it after I'm finished. Insomniac has slightly surpassed Naughty Dog as my favorite developer.