Xbox Series X and PlayStation 5

Welcome to the Digital Sportspage forum.

Moderators: Bill_Abner, ScoopBrady

Rodster
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Re: Xbox Series X and PlayStation 5

Post by Rodster »

Lancer wrote:
Tue Jan 19, 2021 9:11 pm
Rodster wrote:
Tue Jan 19, 2021 11:37 am
I went to a local Walmart and found a Series S on the shelf, still no interest. That'll probably change when MS Flight Simulator gets released on the X.
That is the only XB game I"m looking forward to on next gen too. But I have a friend who has it on PC and he says it's boring! Maybe he's not a flight sim gamer but he was really looking forward to the release and was let down. I'll follow it when it's out in the summer.
I've been playing MS Flight Simulator since MSFS 4.0 which was around 1992. I've put thousands of hours and have purchased every edition with the exception of the latest only because of Game Pass. I still have fond memories of flying from Florida to NY and creating a flight plan and just imagining what Flight Sim 4.0 could look like one day, for me that day is here and now.

To be able to fly over your neighborhood is just unreal and to be able to explore different parts of the world is just icing on the cake. I agree that MS Flight Sim is not for everyone and unless you have interest in flying it could get quite boring. But making a flight plan navigating to your destination and landing the plane is just freaking awesome. And now it's looks almost like the real thing.

sportdan30
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by sportdan30 »

For me, the newness of the two consoles has probably worn off a little bit. That said, I couldn't imagine going back or necessarily being content with the PS4 or Xbox One after what I have experienced. The load times, the increase in visuals, better frame rate are just three of the great new additions to next gen. Throw in the best controller ever (PS5), the quick resume on the Xbox Series X, optimized games for both consoles, you have the best of both worlds. For any early adopter, you have to practice patience. It's only going to continue to get better and better.

pk500
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by pk500 »

sportdan30 wrote:
Wed Jan 20, 2021 10:26 am
For any early adopter, you have to practice patience. It's only going to continue to get better and better.
As the great A.J. Foyt would say, "Well, this is quite true."
"You know why I love boxers? I love them because they face fear. And they face it alone." - Nick Charles

"First on the throttle, last on the brakes." - @MotoGP Twitter signature

XBL Gamertag: pk4425

dbdynsty25
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by dbdynsty25 »

MizzouRah wrote:
Wed Jan 20, 2021 12:31 am
Thanks, will be grabbing it. Do you play on performance or graphical mode?
Been playing in Quality. I went back and forth and couldn't tell the difference really. I am not sure but maybe that toggle is for the One X?

fanatic2
Mario Mendoza

Post by fanatic2 »

Next gen has been great so far. Nothing mind blowing, but gaming certainly has a different "feel" to it now....knowing that you can load and switch games so easily compels you to quickly jump into another game for a quick session before shutting down. For racing games, I also think the PS5 controller changes the game quite a bit. I've played a lot of WRC9 and just picked up MXGP20. Both use the haptic feedback feature to great effects.

I started off really interested in the non-sports titles such as Astro Bot and Spiderman, but now I'm really settling into the sports titles - NBA, FIFA, Madden, WRC9 and MXGP20....Looking forward to Tennis World Tour, F12021, MLB and others.

greggsand
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by greggsand »

Quick Resume is the feature I didn't know I wanted, but now I can't live without...
My Tesla referral code - get free supercharger miles!! https://ts.la/gregg43474

MizzouRah
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by MizzouRah »

dbdynsty25 wrote:
Wed Jan 20, 2021 11:58 am

Been playing in Quality. I went back and forth and couldn't tell the difference really. I am not sure but maybe that toggle is for the One X?
I've read it's for the NG consoles and performance is 60fps and variable resolution while quality is 30dps at 4k resolution.

I couldn't really tell much difference from the video except the performance mode did seem to have a bit more smother gameplay. My monitor only does 1440p resolution though.

Thanks.. I was just curious.
Last edited by MizzouRah on Wed Jan 20, 2021 2:01 pm, edited 2 times in total.
XBL GT: MizzouRah0971

MizzouRah
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by MizzouRah »

Double post

MizzouRah
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by MizzouRah »

Think I'll pick up Hitman 3 too.

AcemanPR
Starting 5
Starting 5

Post by AcemanPR »

MizzouRah wrote:
Wed Jan 20, 2021 4:24 pm
Hitman 3 looks amazing graphically! I need to finish up the 2nd one before I dive into 3 though.

MizzouRah
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by MizzouRah »

AcemanPR wrote:
Wed Jan 20, 2021 5:13 pm
MizzouRah wrote:
Wed Jan 20, 2021 4:24 pm
Hitman 3 looks amazing graphically! I need to finish up the 2nd one before I dive into 3 though.
Indeed and 6 awesome looking maps! Target has it for $49.99.

tjung0831
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by tjung0831 »

I’d love to comment on this but I still don’t have a system. I’ll check back in June !
Tim

"tjungin it"

PS4 - tjung0831
Xbox - NHLTIM

sportdan30
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by sportdan30 »

The price of Xbox Live Gold going up. I'm sure deals will still be found fairly often.

https://www.polygon.com/2021/1/22/22244 ... bscription

MizzouRah
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by MizzouRah »

sportdan30 wrote:
Fri Jan 22, 2021 1:25 pm
The price of Xbox Live Gold going up. I'm sure deals will still be found fairly often.

Just like streaming TV.

XXXIV
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by XXXIV »

Thats what Ultimate Game pass si for
MizzouRah wrote:
sportdan30 wrote:
Fri Jan 22, 2021 1:25 pm

Just like streaming TV.
Streaming TV that is what Game Pass Ultimate is for.

You guys still have not switched from Gold? and you pay monthly? and you pay full price? Bad bad buy even before upcoming hike.

I thought most of us made that switch when they had game pass that deal a while back.

Its not too late.

vader29
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by vader29 »

There are some Series X bundles available on bestbuy.com

https://www.bestbuy.com/site/xbox-serie ... pid=312361
"Two rules man: Stay away from my f***in percocets and do you have any f***in percocets?" ~ Marco Belchier
https://www.ea.com/games/nhl/nhl-20/pro ... rm=xboxone

Lancer
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by Lancer »

Did Microsoft rehire Don Mattrick?

$120 a year for Gold??? 100% price increase in the middle of a global pandemic?

F this! I'm not paying $120 a year just to play one or two games online.

What are they thinking? This seriously dampens any plans I had to purchase a Series X.

Rumor was they were going to provide XBL Free next gen and only sub would have been for gamepass. Guess they went the other way.

Rodster
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by Rodster »

Lancer wrote:
Fri Jan 22, 2021 6:37 pm
Did Microsoft rehire Don Mattrick?

$120 a year for Gold??? 100% price increase in the middle of a global pandemic?

F this! I'm not paying $120 a year just to play one or two games online.

What are they thinking? This seriously dampens any plans I had to purchase a Series X.
They want people to justify that Game Pass Ultimate is the best deal. It's like Subways trying to sell a 6" sub at $3.49 and a footlong at $5. They want you to buy that footlong.

JOZ
Utility Infielder
Utility Infielder

Post by JOZ »

There is huge backlash on this. Rightfully so. Sure, it's been the same price since 2010. But you don't raise the price 100%!

Obviously they are wanting everyone to switch to game pass, but there are people that don't want/need it. Just a big "F-U" to them.

I have such a backlog, I planned on just doing Gold after my Ultimate for $1 deal runs out. I guess I will go ahead and pay for ultimate.

Very strange time to do this too. This will push many who haven't purchased a next gen system to the PS5. Many will not choose to pay extra to play online or pay for the value of Game pass.

Lancer
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by Lancer »

JOZ wrote:
Fri Jan 22, 2021 9:28 pm
There is huge backlash on this. Rightfully so. Sure, it's been the same price since 2010. But you don't raise the price 100%!

Obviously they are wanting everyone to switch to game pass, but there are people that don't want/need it. Just a big "F-U" to them.

I have such a backlog, I planned on just doing Gold after my Ultimate for $1 deal runs out. I guess I will go ahead and pay for ultimate.

Very strange time to do this too. This will push many who haven't purchased a next gen system to the PS5. Many will not choose to pay extra to play online or pay for the value of Game pass.
best comment I saw on this was 'MS snatching defeat from the jaws of victory'.

And it's true. Leading up to the XSX launch and publicity post luanch, they have done everything right. They were getting so much positive publicity and people were excited about the new system. But with this, they just screwed themselves.

I'm interested to see if they change their minds next week. They must have known how negative the feedback would be by releasing the news on a Friday.

wco81
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by wco81 »

JOZ wrote:
Fri Jan 22, 2021 9:28 pm

Unless Sony follows suit too.

If Gamer Pass gets popular enough, why wouldn't they raise price of that too?

JOZ
Utility Infielder
Utility Infielder

Post by JOZ »

12 month $60 Xbox live codes are converting to 4 months of Game pass ultimate.

(Might be because aI was already signed up for Game pass? Didn't have an option though)

Rodster
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by Rodster »

But there is fantastic value in Game Pass. I rarely buy games anymore and I have played games on Game Pass that I had just purchased. That could’ve saved me money. For me there’s no going back to the old ways of gaming. Game Pass has turned into the Netflix of gaming. At first it was a tough sell by Microsoft and now it’s a no-brainer. Times have changed.

JOZ
Utility Infielder
Utility Infielder

Post by JOZ »

There is no doubt in the value in gamepass.

However I have such a backlog of games, I'm really not interested in new games when they release. The games I am playing now I either own or getting from gameshare with a friend (this is a much overlooked feature imo). If I didn't already own so many of these, gamepass would probably more appealing now. No doubt I would eventually go back to gamepass down the road, but leaving gamepass for gold now wouldn't make much sense.

I realize I am in the minority with my situation, but I am sure there are many that for whatever reason were not interested in paying more for gamepass.

Lancer
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by Lancer »

WELL THAT WAS FAST! THEY CHANGED THEIR MIND! :lol:

https://news.xbox.com/en-us/2021/01/22/ ... d-pricing/

[UPDATED on 1/22/2021 at 8:52 PM PT]

We messed up today and you were right to let us know. Connecting and playing with friends is a vital part of gaming and we failed to meet the expectations of players who count on it every day. As a result, we have decided not to change Xbox Live Gold pricing.

We’re turning this moment into an opportunity to bring Xbox Live more in line with how we see the player at the center of their experience. For free-to-play games, you will no longer need an Xbox Live Gold membership to play those games on Xbox. We are working hard to deliver this change as soon as possible in the coming months.

If you are an Xbox Live Gold member already, you stay at your current price for renewal. New and existing members can continue to enjoy Xbox Live Gold for the same prices they pay today. In the US, $9.99 for 1-month, $24.99 for 3-months, $39.99 for 6-months and $59.99 for retail 12-months.

Thank you.