Xbox Series X and PlayStation 5

Welcome to the Digital Sportspage forum.

Moderators: Bill_Abner, ScoopBrady

Post Reply
User avatar
dbdynsty25
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star
Posts: 21313
Joined: Mon Aug 19, 2002 3:00 am
Location: Thousand Oaks, CA
Contact:

Re: Xbox Series X and PlayStation 5

Post by dbdynsty25 »

greggsand wrote:
Wed Dec 23, 2020 12:17 pm
Is that Seagate Expansion Card still the only option for expanding the Series X?
You can still use regular USB hard drives. The Seagate is the only expansion you can use that the Series X optimized games will run off of. So I still have my old 2TB drive I was using on my One that I put all of the older games that aren't optimized on and I use the internal Series X storage for the games that are upgraded.

User avatar
icvu42
Starting 5
Starting 5
Posts: 543
Joined: Tue Apr 08, 2003 3:00 am
Location: Liverpool, NY

Re: Xbox Series X and PlayStation 5

Post by icvu42 »

I was able to get a PS5 from Walmart a week before Christmas. It wasn't supposed to ship until Jan 8, but it came early and I got it Sunday.

What is the best way to get an extended warranty for the PS5? I heard bad things about Walmart's plan, so i didn't get it through there. Has anyone used Upsie or Squaretrade?

Rick

User avatar
J_Cauthen
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star
Posts: 3019
Joined: Thu Oct 24, 2002 3:00 am
Location: Rock Hill, SC

Re: Xbox Series X and PlayStation 5

Post by J_Cauthen »

icvu42 wrote:
Tue Dec 29, 2020 1:15 pm
I was able to get a PS5 from Walmart a week before Christmas. It wasn't supposed to ship until Jan 8, but it came early and I got it Sunday.

What is the best way to get an extended warranty for the PS5? I heard bad things about Walmart's plan, so i didn't get it through there. Has anyone used Upsie or Squaretrade?

Rick
I haven't even given any thought to an extended warranty with my Series X until I read your post. I've been so fortunate in the console world since the XBox 360, as it was my last console to crap out on me. I was able to repair it an alternate heat sink arrangement and thermal paste and it's still working today. I've had a PS3, a PS4, an XBox One, and two XBox One X's since then and they're all still going strong! I'm not familiar with Upsie or Squaretrade, but I'd be curious to learn what you wind up going with.

User avatar
Rodster
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star
Posts: 13321
Joined: Sun Nov 24, 2002 4:00 am

Re: Xbox Series X and PlayStation 5

Post by Rodster »

Squaretrade is legit but as John said, why? Consoles with the exception of the X360 are pretty damn reliable. I still have a PS3 Slim which I bought in 2008 that's still going strong. My PS4's have also been reliable and my OG XONE is still going strong. Now if you are bent on buying an extending warranty, Sony sells directly. I think it's within 90 days of purchase with proof of receipt but you can go to their website for further details.

Edit: I think you can buy it on the PS Store directly from the PS5.

User avatar
MizzouRah
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star
Posts: 7946
Joined: Thu Oct 09, 2003 3:00 am
Location: Troy, Mo

Re: Xbox Series X and PlayStation 5

Post by MizzouRah »

After a month with the new XSX, I'm having so much fun. My daughter is a Left 4 Dead 2 freak and she won't even play it on her x360 anymore since it loads up in a few seconds and plays very smooth. We fight over the XSX, something we never did with the xbox1x.

I've been playing Madden NG, NHL, Cyberpunk, AC Valhalla, FIFA and some others. The controller feels better in my hands and I never knew how much I would enjoy how quickly you can power it on and get right into gaming.

Looking forward to 2021 games made specifically for the XSX.

Happy New Year everyone!!!
XBL GT: MizzouRah0971

User avatar
Sudz
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star
Posts: 4157
Joined: Sun Apr 06, 2003 4:00 am
Location: Raleigh, NC

Re: Xbox Series X and PlayStation 5

Post by Sudz »

MizzouRah wrote:
Fri Jan 01, 2021 12:19 pm
After a month with the new XSX, I'm having so much fun. My daughter is a Left 4 Dead 2 freak and she won't even play it on her x360 anymore since it loads up in a few seconds and plays very smooth. We fight over the XSX, something we never did with the xbox1x.

I've been playing Madden NG, NHL, Cyberpunk, AC Valhalla, FIFA and some others. The controller feels better in my hands and I never knew how much I would enjoy how quickly you can power it on and get right into gaming.

Looking forward to 2021 games made specifically for the XSX.

Happy New Year everyone!!!
Been cycling through mostly Madden but some AC Valhalla, Cyberpunk (meh) and need to wrap up Ghost of Tsushima. How is Fifa on the X?

User avatar
MizzouRah
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star
Posts: 7946
Joined: Thu Oct 09, 2003 3:00 am
Location: Troy, Mo

Re: Xbox Series X and PlayStation 5

Post by MizzouRah »

Sudz wrote:
Fri Jan 01, 2021 1:52 pm

Been cycling through mostly Madden but some AC Valhalla, Cyberpunk (meh) and need to wrap up Ghost of Tsushima. How is Fifa on the X?
I've only dabbled with FIFA but it feels and looks the most like a next gen game.
XBL GT: MizzouRah0971

User avatar
sportdan30
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star
Posts: 8829
Joined: Tue Jun 03, 2003 3:00 am
Location: St. Louis

Re: Xbox Series X and PlayStation 5

Post by sportdan30 »

Still quite happy with the Series X, but c'mon, MS needs some new games! I'm won't complain too much, as I have a good 4-5 games I'm playing between the PS5 and Series X.

tjung0831
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star
Posts: 2958
Joined: Sun Aug 17, 2003 3:00 am
Location: Cottleville, MO

Re: Xbox Series X and PlayStation 5

Post by tjung0831 »

MizzouRah wrote:
Fri Jan 01, 2021 5:24 pm
Sudz wrote:
Fri Jan 01, 2021 1:52 pm

Been cycling through mostly Madden but some AC Valhalla, Cyberpunk (meh) and need to wrap up Ghost of Tsushima. How is Fifa on the X?
I've only dabbled with FIFA but it feels and looks the most like a next gen game.
I picked up FIFA while it was on sale...definitely a game I want to see when I get the new Series X. Game plays good on the One X and it’s the first FIFA I’ve purchased since 17 so I’m pretty happy with it. I was trying to decide between FIIFA and Madden so hopefully I made the right choice for next Gen anyway.
Tim

"tjungin it"

PS4 - tjung0831
Xbox - NHLTIM

User avatar
Diablo25
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star
Posts: 8818
Joined: Sun Aug 08, 2004 3:00 am
Location: Pennsylvania

Re: Xbox Series X and PlayStation 5

Post by Diablo25 »

tjung0831 wrote:
Mon Jan 04, 2021 3:49 pm
MizzouRah wrote:
Fri Jan 01, 2021 5:24 pm
Sudz wrote:
Fri Jan 01, 2021 1:52 pm

Been cycling through mostly Madden but some AC Valhalla, Cyberpunk (meh) and need to wrap up Ghost of Tsushima. How is Fifa on the X?
I've only dabbled with FIFA but it feels and looks the most like a next gen game.
I picked up FIFA while it was on sale...definitely a game I want to see when I get the new Series X. Game plays good on the One X and it’s the first FIFA I’ve purchased since 17 so I’m pretty happy with it. I was trying to decide between FIIFA and Madden so hopefully I made the right choice for next Gen anyway.
Just an FYI, there is a separate next gen version from the Xbox One version...just like Madden. I don’t own it. I downloaded the EAPlay 10 day trial of the Xbox One version...which is enhanced for the Series X.
XBLive Gamertag - Diablo25
PSN Name - EPDiablo25

User avatar
pk500
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star
Posts: 33262
Joined: Sun Aug 11, 2002 3:00 am
Location: Syracuse, N.Y.
Contact:

Re: Xbox Series X and PlayStation 5

Post by pk500 »

"You know why I love boxers? I love them because they face fear. And they face it alone." - Nick Charles

"First on the throttle, last on the brakes." - @MotoGP Twitter signature

XBL Gamertag: pk4425

User avatar
rhymes450
Starting 5
Starting 5
Posts: 575
Joined: Sun Oct 05, 2008 3:00 am

Re: Xbox Series X and PlayStation 5

Post by rhymes450 »

Noob question about digital games, which I'm hoping you guys will be able to help me with.

If I buy a game from the Xbox store to play on my One X, can I just download it again (without paying for it again) if I upgrade to the Series X or my One X implodes and I need to replace it or whatever?

User avatar
Diablo25
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star
Posts: 8818
Joined: Sun Aug 08, 2004 3:00 am
Location: Pennsylvania

Re: Xbox Series X and PlayStation 5

Post by Diablo25 »

rhymes450 wrote:
Sat Jan 16, 2021 4:13 pm
Noob question about digital games, which I'm hoping you guys will be able to help me with.

If I buy a game from the Xbox store to play on my One X, can I just download it again (without paying for it again) if I upgrade to the Series X or my One X implodes and I need to replace it or whatever?
Yes.
XBLive Gamertag - Diablo25
PSN Name - EPDiablo25

User avatar
rhymes450
Starting 5
Starting 5
Posts: 575
Joined: Sun Oct 05, 2008 3:00 am

Re: Xbox Series X and PlayStation 5

Post by rhymes450 »

Diablo25 wrote:
Sat Jan 16, 2021 7:31 pm
rhymes450 wrote:
Sat Jan 16, 2021 4:13 pm
Noob question about digital games, which I'm hoping you guys will be able to help me with.

If I buy a game from the Xbox store to play on my One X, can I just download it again (without paying for it again) if I upgrade to the Series X or my One X implodes and I need to replace it or whatever?
Yes.
Cheers! Thanks for the confirmation.

Lancer
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star
Posts: 1268
Joined: Wed Jun 30, 2010 3:00 am

Re: Xbox Series X and PlayStation 5

Post by Lancer »

What is the general consensus for the people who own one of the new consoles?

I also frequent another gaming board and the majority of people who bought one or bought both, are happy w/ their purchase, but are saying the newness has worn off and pretty much there is nothing to play. You can play ps4/xbo games but if you already own those consoles, no reason to upgrade right now.

I think I'll just sit and wait now. Seems like games are getting delayed too due to Covid. If MLB the Show is delayed on next gen to 2022 or we get a half assed next gen version this year (like no franchise mode), then I'll be happy w/ the last gen to carry me over for a while until things pick up.

User avatar
MizzouRah
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star
Posts: 7946
Joined: Thu Oct 09, 2003 3:00 am
Location: Troy, Mo

Re: Xbox Series X and PlayStation 5

Post by MizzouRah »

I play mine every day. I'm obsessed with Madden next gen.

NHL 21 isn't next gen but it's a fantastic game and looks great in hdr.
XBL GT: MizzouRah0971

User avatar
dbdynsty25
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star
Posts: 21313
Joined: Mon Aug 19, 2002 3:00 am
Location: Thousand Oaks, CA
Contact:

Re: Xbox Series X and PlayStation 5

Post by dbdynsty25 »

I’m extremely happy with the Series X. Fifa, Madden and Nba 2k all are enhanced...along w a few other games I play regularly like Forza Horizon 4, Forza 7, WRC 9 and some other randoms. It’s a great system. Runs really cool, load times are non existent basically and the resolution jump with out the performance hit on the One X is just fantastic.

And if we’re talking next gen, please everyone, try IMMORTALS FENYX RISING. Absolutely a fantastic game. Breathtakingly beautiful, runs great and is massive. It’s basically Zelda BoTW mixed with the Spider-Man fighting style. Great puzzles, great battles, massive map...11 hours in and couldn’t be happier and it’s routinely on sale in physical form from Best Buy, Amazon and Target for around 30. Buy it, you will not be disappointed.

User avatar
pk500
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star
Posts: 33262
Joined: Sun Aug 11, 2002 3:00 am
Location: Syracuse, N.Y.
Contact:

Re: Xbox Series X and PlayStation 5

Post by pk500 »

Lancer wrote:
Mon Jan 18, 2021 6:46 pm
What is the general consensus for the people who own one of the new consoles?

I also frequent another gaming board and the majority of people who bought one or bought both, are happy w/ their purchase, but are saying the newness has worn off and pretty much there is nothing to play. You can play ps4/xbo games but if you already own those consoles, no reason to upgrade right now.

I think I'll just sit and wait now. Seems like games are getting delayed too due to Covid. If MLB the Show is delayed on next gen to 2022 or we get a half assed next gen version this year (like no franchise mode), then I'll be happy w/ the last gen to carry me over for a while until things pick up.
Here's where I am. I was ALL OVER getting a Series X at launch. But impossible supply chains have neutered my enthusiasm. Props to those who snagged one.

So, right now my balls are squarely on the fence. I'm no longer actively seeking a Series X through online routes, as it's a pretty futile pursuit. And the longer my apathy blooms, the less apt I will be to buy one when it immediately becomes stocked on shelves.

Six months ago, I was jonesing HARD to buy an X. Six months from now, I still may not have one. Eventually, though. Maybe third or fourth quarter of this year? Who knows.
"You know why I love boxers? I love them because they face fear. And they face it alone." - Nick Charles

"First on the throttle, last on the brakes." - @MotoGP Twitter signature

XBL Gamertag: pk4425

User avatar
Danimal
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star
Posts: 11834
Joined: Mon Apr 12, 2004 3:00 am
Location: Chicago, Illinois
Contact:

Re: Xbox Series X and PlayStation 5

Post by Danimal »

pk500 wrote:
Tue Jan 19, 2021 10:15 am
Here's where I am. I was ALL OVER getting a Series X at launch. But impossible supply chains have neutered my enthusiasm. Props to those who snagged one.

So, right now my balls are squarely on the fence. I'm no longer actively seeking a Series X through online routes, as it's a pretty futile pursuit. And the longer my apathy blooms, the less apt I will be to buy one when it immediately becomes stocked on shelves.

Six months ago, I was jonesing HARD to buy an X. Six months from now, I still may not have one. Eventually, though. Maybe third or fourth quarter of this year? Who knows.
100% this.

Will go down as the worst console launch for both systems. No supply, no system selling games, no AAA titles on the horizon I am aware of. When you're 3 months past launch and the gaming industry is not talking about you anymore, well that is a fail in my book.
Follow Me on:
YouTube - www.youtube.com/maxpixelation/
Twitch - twitch.tv/maximumpixelation
Twitter - twitter.com/maxpixelation

User avatar
Rodster
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star
Posts: 13321
Joined: Sun Nov 24, 2002 4:00 am

Re: Xbox Series X and PlayStation 5

Post by Rodster »

I went to a local Walmart and found a Series S on the shelf, still no interest. That'll probably change when MS Flight Simulator gets released on the X.

User avatar
Rodster
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star
Posts: 13321
Joined: Sun Nov 24, 2002 4:00 am

Re: Xbox Series X and PlayStation 5

Post by Rodster »

Danimal wrote:
Tue Jan 19, 2021 11:36 am
pk500 wrote:
Tue Jan 19, 2021 10:15 am
Here's where I am. I was ALL OVER getting a Series X at launch. But impossible supply chains have neutered my enthusiasm. Props to those who snagged one.

So, right now my balls are squarely on the fence. I'm no longer actively seeking a Series X through online routes, as it's a pretty futile pursuit. And the longer my apathy blooms, the less apt I will be to buy one when it immediately becomes stocked on shelves.

Six months ago, I was jonesing HARD to buy an X. Six months from now, I still may not have one. Eventually, though. Maybe third or fourth quarter of this year? Who knows.
100% this.

Will go down as the worst console launch for both systems. No supply, no system selling games, no AAA titles on the horizon I am aware of. When you're 3 months past launch and the gaming industry is not talking about you anymore, well that is a fail in my book.
We are at a point of diminishing returns. The graphics on the Xone and PS4 already look real good. So for me the graphics may look a little better on the newer consoles but it's not that big a leap to me so I can wait.

User avatar
pk500
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star
Posts: 33262
Joined: Sun Aug 11, 2002 3:00 am
Location: Syracuse, N.Y.
Contact:

Re: Xbox Series X and PlayStation 5

Post by pk500 »

Rodster wrote:
Tue Jan 19, 2021 11:37 am
I went to a local Walmart and found a Series S on the shelf, still no interest. That'll probably change when MS Flight Simulator gets released on the X.
Bingo. That game could be a BIG tipping point in my decision to buy an X. Probably THE tipping point.
"You know why I love boxers? I love them because they face fear. And they face it alone." - Nick Charles

"First on the throttle, last on the brakes." - @MotoGP Twitter signature

XBL Gamertag: pk4425

Lancer
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star
Posts: 1268
Joined: Wed Jun 30, 2010 3:00 am

Re: Xbox Series X and PlayStation 5

Post by Lancer »

Rodster wrote:
Tue Jan 19, 2021 11:37 am
I went to a local Walmart and found a Series S on the shelf, still no interest. That'll probably change when MS Flight Simulator gets released on the X.
That is the only XB game I"m looking forward to on next gen too. But I have a friend who has it on PC and he says it's boring! Maybe he's not a flight sim gamer but he was really looking forward to the release and was let down. I'll follow it when it's out in the summer.
Last edited by Lancer on Tue Jan 19, 2021 9:16 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Lancer
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star
Posts: 1268
Joined: Wed Jun 30, 2010 3:00 am

Re: Xbox Series X and PlayStation 5

Post by Lancer »

Rodster wrote:
Tue Jan 19, 2021 11:41 am
Danimal wrote:
Tue Jan 19, 2021 11:36 am
pk500 wrote:
Tue Jan 19, 2021 10:15 am
Here's where I am. I was ALL OVER getting a Series X at launch. But impossible supply chains have neutered my enthusiasm. Props to those who snagged one.

So, right now my balls are squarely on the fence. I'm no longer actively seeking a Series X through online routes, as it's a pretty futile pursuit. And the longer my apathy blooms, the less apt I will be to buy one when it immediately becomes stocked on shelves.

Six months ago, I was jonesing HARD to buy an X. Six months from now, I still may not have one. Eventually, though. Maybe third or fourth quarter of this year? Who knows.
100% this.

Will go down as the worst console launch for both systems. No supply, no system selling games, no AAA titles on the horizon I am aware of. When you're 3 months past launch and the gaming industry is not talking about you anymore, well that is a fail in my book.
We are at a point of diminishing returns. The graphics on the Xone and PS4 already look real good. So for me the graphics may look a little better on the newer consoles but it's not that big a leap to me so I can wait.
Exactly. I've played 100s of games in The Show 20 this season but still get floored on how beautiful the game looks.

Happened to me last night playing a night game @ the White Sox where I just had to sit back and be in awe of how great the game looked w/ the lighting, the uniforms, the sky, the field textures, all of it.

I was thinking to myself is it possible for next gen to top this?

User avatar
MizzouRah
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star
Posts: 7946
Joined: Thu Oct 09, 2003 3:00 am
Location: Troy, Mo

Re: Xbox Series X and PlayStation 5

Post by MizzouRah »

dbdynsty25 wrote:
Tue Jan 19, 2021 2:09 am

And if we’re talking next gen, please everyone, try IMMORTALS FENYX RISING. Absolutely a fantastic game. Breathtakingly beautiful, runs great and is massive. It’s basically Zelda BoTW mixed with the Spider-Man fighting style. Great puzzles, great battles, massive map...11 hours in and couldn’t be happier and it’s routinely on sale in physical form from Best Buy, Amazon and Target for around 30. Buy it, you will not be disappointed.
Thanks, will be grabbing it. Do you play on performance or graphical mode?
XBL GT: MizzouRah0971

Post Reply