Xbox Series X and PlayStation 5

Welcome to the Digital Sportspage forum.

Moderators: Bill_Abner, ScoopBrady

Aristo
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Re: Xbox Series X and PlayStation 5

Post by Aristo »

I said when the preordering was announced that if getting something on launch day was going to be a big deal, people should not preorder. It is a flipping pandemic. And t here are issues all over, because no one tells the truth, because they want that money to come in, because everyone is freaking out.

I had zero confidence that consoles would show up on time, and could even be weeks and months late. Launch day for me is when they make enough that I can just go to a a store and buy one, or just order one and have it shipped when I order.
XBL Gamertag: JayhawkerStL

kevinpars
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by kevinpars »

I have had the same luck as others, what makes it even worse is getting all the way to entering the CC security code and confirming checkout before getting punched in the gut. I actually was able to get one on Microsoft's site that has been sitting in 'pending' since launch day. The word on twitter is they oversold 'by mistake' and hope to fill the backorders in pending by 12/23. I will believe that when i see it. The whole process is like trying to get concert tickets - they all go to the a-holes using bots who turn around and scalp them.

Aristo
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by Aristo »

I’m pretty sure War Games had the solution to this problem.

JOZ
Utility Infielder
Utility Infielder

Post by JOZ »

Well if you want to go through all that fun again, the next Walmart online event is Nov 25th at 9 pm EST for the Series X. This time, it is due to high demand :D

pk500
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by pk500 »

A few game industry analysts disagree with you, DB:

https://www.cnn.com/2020/11/19/tech/ps5 ... index.html
"You know why I love boxers? I love them because they face fear. And they face it alone." - Nick Charles

"First on the throttle, last on the brakes." - @MotoGP Twitter signature

XBL Gamertag: pk4425

pk500
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by pk500 »

JOZ wrote:
Fri Nov 20, 2020 11:27 am
Well if you want to go through all that fun again, the next Walmart online event is Nov 25th at 9 pm EST for the Series X. This time, it is due to high demand :D
At this point, I'd rather drag my bare balls through razor wire.
"You know why I love boxers? I love them because they face fear. And they face it alone." - Nick Charles

Aristo
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by Aristo »

pk500 wrote:
Fri Nov 20, 2020 11:29 am

Niko Partners senior analyst Daniel Ahmad said that he anticipates the PS5 and Xbox Series X will continue to be supply-constrained this holiday season because of the pandemic's impact on production and logistics. Ahmad also said that during initial production, both consoles had low yields and "it will take some time to scale and ramp up to meet demand."

dbdynsty25
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by dbdynsty25 »

pk500 wrote:

Most people in life disagree with me. I'm used to it. But Aristo's quote, is pretty much what I said.

sportdan30
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by sportdan30 »

Both Xbox and Playstation posted their Black Friday deals in their respective online stores.

I picked up Ghosts of Tsushima for $39. Mind you I've only played for about 45 minutes, but the visuals and controls are nothing short of amazing. I believe this game was optimized for the PS5. It runs so smoothly. Can't wait to sink my teeth in to this game. So far, the hype is real on this game.

Repurchased MLB The Show for $10 really out of curiosity. Interested to see how it plays with a solid framerate.

MizzouRah
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by MizzouRah »

pk500 wrote:

:lol:
XBL GT: MizzouRah0971

Rodster
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by Rodster »

"Sony Teases A PlayStation Response To Xbox Game Pass"

https://www.gamespot.com/articles/sony- ... 0-6484712/

Lancer
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by Lancer »

sportdan30 wrote:
Fri Nov 20, 2020 12:39 pm

Repurchased MLB The Show for $10 really out of curiosity. Interested to see how it plays with a solid framerate.
If you are more of an offline gamer and love baseball, the content in MLB 20 is off the charts (thanks covid)!

Diamond Dynasty has so much great offline content this year with like 60 conquest maps, Showdown, Moments, and a lot of other stuff offline I don't remember now it will keep you busy playing.

The gameplay is decent but the content makes up for it.

---

I just picked up Ghosts too for ps4. Been waiting for a long time for a price drop on this one.

MizzouRah
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by MizzouRah »

Dan since you were able to score BOTH consoles, I need to hire you for the next time the XSX goes up for sale online. I need a team of people hitting the internet.

:D

J_Cauthen
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by J_Cauthen »

pk500 wrote:
JOZ wrote:
Fri Nov 20, 2020 11:27 am
I hate to admit this, but I know right now that I'll cave and be camped online waiting for the "Add to Cart" button to go live on the 25th at 9 PM... I'll have an uncomfortable feeling in my yarbles as I'm sure this image you've crafted will be racing through my mind as I do so :D :oops:

sportdan30
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by sportdan30 »

MizzouRah wrote:
Fri Nov 20, 2020 8:09 pm
Dan since you were able to score BOTH consoles, I need to hire you for the next time the XSX goes up for sale online. I need a team of people hitting the internet.

:D
I’m on it. I’ll work on getting you a XSX.

Sudz
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by Sudz »

anybody selling a PS5?

(f*** ebay fuckwads)

MizzouRah
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by MizzouRah »

sportdan30 wrote:
Sat Nov 21, 2020 1:26 pm

I’m on it. I’ll work on getting you a XSX.
STL boys taking care of each other! :wink:

10spro
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by 10spro »

Sudz wrote:
Sat Nov 21, 2020 9:20 pm
anybody selling a PS5?

(f*** ebay fuckwads)
Shhh, don’t tell Diablo...

10spro
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by 10spro »

So for those of you still waiting for the series X, here’s my experience with the new console so far. Other than the incredible fast loading times, I haven’t been too impressed with the games being played there, at least the games that I frequent often.

Let’s see. PGA 2K1, due to the lagging and unpredictability its almost impossible to play. Stuttering and lags as you’re about to swing/putt the ball is worse than the Xbox One.

CoD Cold War. In terms of MP, it’s unplayable now. And I mean the game gets me to the main menu, it starts a specific mode and then crashes after two seconds. So I am left playing the Warzone mode which is still fun but I did not buy Cold War to play that mode.

Fifa 21, not updates yet until December 4th so they say, but since it’s EA, I am not expecting any miracles. Playing NHL 21 so far, there’s no graphic differences although to be fair they never advised that it would be an improvement over the X series, not until 22 anyhow.

Watch Dogs Legion (which is on sale) looks great and I highly recommend it if you like third person hacking, shooting, looting while driving insanely around London to meet your missions.

The only other game I hear looks great on the series X is Valhalla, but in general what I am trying to say is that if you’re still waiting for the new toy, you’re not missing much other than the much improved loading times and a couple of games than have made the transition smoother for the newer console.

Racing fans for sure will like the looks of Forza 7 and Horizon 4.

Tennis World Tour 2 looks the same.

The controller is a couple of ounces heavier I feel, it’s sturdy, the grip is solid and the feel of the LB/RB buttons are a bit different but you will soon accustom to the great controller that the Xbox is.

So there, good luck to those that are still waiting, these are my impressions of the games I played most lately so for those that play a different genre feel free to share your experiences.

dbdynsty25
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by dbdynsty25 »

As I mentioned before, NBA 2k21 is worth the upgrade price of admission RIGHT NOW. Fifa runs smoother too, so does Madden. Both Forza’s are significantly smoother and load way faster. So there ARE reasons to buy one if you can find one. No need to drive 100 miles or anything crazy, or pay scalping prices, but there is significant fun/graphics whoring to be had if you can get one. Kind of selling it short.

Rodster
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by Rodster »

From a PR standpoint this is where Sony once again has the early advantage. Demon Souks from every review i’ve read looks and plays like a next gen game. Miles Morales Spiderman, ditto with that and the new Astrobots game that’s included. So from reading impressions and reviews it appears if someone were to buy a next gen console it’s the PS5 that makes you say Wow, that’s a next gen system. The PS5 controller and updated dashboard and UI also gives gamers the impression of something next gen. To be fair Microsoft’s strategy tends to revolve around Game Pass and selling you a more advanced and powerful console.

I still have a 5% interest in either console but I will get both when the PS5 Slim or Pro arrives and the mid gen Series X.

MizzouRah
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by MizzouRah »

Finally got one this morning via Best Buy! Picking it up Saturday.

sportdan30
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by sportdan30 »

MizzouRah wrote:
Sun Nov 22, 2020 8:57 am
Awesome!

pk500
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by pk500 »

Rodster wrote:
Sun Nov 22, 2020 5:56 am
From a PR standpoint this is where Sony once again has the early advantage. Demon Souks from every review i’ve read looks and plays like a next gen game. Miles Morales Spiderman, ditto with that and the new Astrobots game that’s included. So from reading impressions and reviews it appears if someone were to buy a next gen console it’s the PS5 that makes you say Wow, that’s a next gen system. The PS5 controller and updated dashboard and UI also gives gamers the impression of something next gen. To be fair Microsoft’s strategy tends to revolve around Game Pass and selling you a more advanced and powerful console.

I still have a 5% interest in either console but I will get both when the PS5 Slim or Pro arrives and the mid gen Series X.
MS always will have an advantage to me for two reasons: Live and GamePass. Sony has shown me no competitive option to either.

tjung0831
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by tjung0831 »

MizzouRah wrote:
Sun Nov 22, 2020 8:57 am
So are you getting notified when they are in stock ? I’ve struck out every time . Please share your secret
Tim

"tjungin it"

PS4 - tjung0831
Xbox - NHLTIM