Xbox Series X and PlayStation 5

Welcome to the Digital Sportspage forum.

Moderators: Bill_Abner, ScoopBrady

10spro
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Re: Xbox Series X and PlayStation 5

Post by 10spro »

The X arrives on Nov 10th and preorders starts on 9/22. The Beast is quite big compared to the S.

https://www.theverge.com/2020/9/10/2143 ... rice-specs

pk500
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by pk500 »

Xbox Series X preorder information: https://www.cnet.com/how-to/where-to-pr ... -series-x/
"You know why I love boxers? I love them because they face fear. And they face it alone." - Nick Charles

"First on the throttle, last on the brakes." - @MotoGP Twitter signature

XBL Gamertag: pk4425

Diablo25
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by Diablo25 »

I just saw this little tid bit over at Engadget. Apple is going to allow “XCloud” on their devices. It was previously only Android. I don’t know how much I’ll use it but it’s nice to know it will be there if I do.

https://www.engadget.com/apple-app-stor ... 36934.html
Last edited by Diablo25 on Sat Sep 12, 2020 8:04 pm, edited 1 time in total.
XBLive Gamertag - Diablo25
PSN Name - EPDiablo25

10spro
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by 10spro »

Sony’s showcase is on 9/16 at 1pm PST.

MizzouRah
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by MizzouRah »

Does anyone know if there will be a way to "move" your games from the Xb1x to the Xbseriesx? I definitely want to trade my xb1x in on the new series x but hopefully I can move my games over to it easily.
XBL GT: MizzouRah0971

dbdynsty25
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by dbdynsty25 »

MizzouRah wrote:
Sat Sep 12, 2020 10:28 pm
Does anyone know if there will be a way to "move" your games from the Xb1x to the Xbseriesx? I definitely want to trade my xb1x in on the new series x but hopefully I can move my games over to it easily.
There is from Xbox to Xbox. Haven’t seen anything for the new version yet.

MizzouRah
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by MizzouRah »

dbdynsty25 wrote:
Sat Sep 12, 2020 11:53 pm

There is from Xbox to Xbox. Haven’t seen anything for the new version yet.
Hopefully they have that same option. I was planning on moving everything to my external SSD, then just migrating from that into the Xbsx.

Diablo25
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by Diablo25 »

The Xbox One has the network option to transfer files from one Xbox to another over your network. Also, I cannot imagine you aren’t going to be able to just plug in your Xbox One external HD to the XBSX and just transfer the files to the new SSD.
PSN Name - EPDiablo25

vader29
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by vader29 »

This was posted back in April:
In the latest Inside Xbox episode, director of program management, Jason Ronald revealed that Xbox gamers will be able to plug external hard drives into the Xbox Series X to access Xbox 360, Xbox One and even original Xbox games. Xbox gamers will not need to transfer games or download patches; the process is all very straightforward.
https://www.iggalaxy.com/news/moving-xb ... x-series-x
"Two rules man: Stay away from my f***in percocets and do you have any f***in percocets?" ~ Marco Belchier
https://www.ea.com/games/nhl/nhl-20/pro ... rm=xboxone

MizzouRah
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by MizzouRah »

vader29 wrote:
Sun Sep 13, 2020 11:34 am
In the latest Inside Xbox episode, director of program management, Jason Ronald revealed that Xbox gamers will be able to plug external hard drives into the Xbox Series X to access Xbox 360, Xbox One and even original Xbox games. Xbox gamers will not need to transfer games or download patches; the process is all very straightforward.
That's great to hear, thanks!

Diablo25
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by Diablo25 »

vader29 wrote:
Will the games on the external be able to take advantage of the instant on features, etc? I thought the SSD was the reason for that.
PSN Name - EPDiablo25

AcemanPR
Starting 5
Starting 5

Post by AcemanPR »

Diablo25 wrote:
Sun Sep 13, 2020 6:15 pm
vader29 wrote:
Will the games on the external be able to take advantage of the instant on features, etc? I thought the SSD was the reason for that.
Any games that you want to take advantage of the Xbox Series X will need to be copied to the SSD. Otherwise you can still play them off an external HDD.

pk500
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by pk500 »

AcemanPR wrote:
Mon Sep 14, 2020 8:50 am
Any games that you want to take advantage of the Xbox Series X will need to be copied to the SSD. Otherwise you can still play them off an external HDD.
Another reason to get an X instead of an S: 1 TB SSD instead of 500 GB.
"You know why I love boxers? I love them because they face fear. And they face it alone." - Nick Charles

Pete1210
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by Pete1210 »

pk500 wrote:
Mon Sep 14, 2020 9:05 am
AcemanPR wrote:
Mon Sep 14, 2020 8:50 am
Another reason to get an X instead of an S: 1 TB SSD instead of 500 GB.
I was hoping for a larger HD in the next console. 1TB is not enough these days, with some games nearing 200GBs. I know they need to keep the price down. I also hope there is a bundle with the Elite 2 controller
XBL/PSN: Pete1210

Diablo25
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by Diablo25 »

Rumors floating. PS5 price possibly $449 and the all digital PS5 could be $399.
https://www.engadget.com/playstation-5- ... 35647.html
PSN Name - EPDiablo25

Danimal
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by Danimal »

Diablo25 wrote:
Mon Sep 14, 2020 11:16 pm
Not surprising since MS announced first and I honestly don't think Sony has a strategy beyond "we have some exclusives" that can compete with Game Pass but they could surprise me tomorrow but I can't see a reason to get a PS5 at this point, I barely turn on my PS4 Pro and if they continue to move games like HZD to the PC I'm less inclined.
Follow Me on:
YouTube - www.youtube.com/maxpixelation/
Twitch - twitch.tv/maximumpixelation
Twitter - twitter.com/maxpixelation

pk500
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by pk500 »

Diablo25 wrote:
PS5 could be $399, and I'm still Xbox One Series X all the way at $499. I've been happy as hell in the Xbox ecosystem exclusively since 2002 -- see no reason to switch.

sportdan30
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by sportdan30 »

Still waiting on a reason for Series X to push me to consider one. With a gaming pc in the house, it’s just redundant at this point. If the rumors are true regarding pricing of the PS5, Sony will once again be in a very good position going forward. Now, if they could only figure out a way to compete with Game Pass.

Diablo25
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by Diablo25 »

If Sony does set their price at $449 they will no doubt be losing money on each console...which isn’t a new idea. I believe Sony was having issues with the cost of chips, etc. With Sony being the last gen leader I would simply match MS’s $499 price. They have a huge base that will buy the PS5 regardless. The all digital PS5 at $399 would be pretty damn good. I am keeping my eyes on that version.
PSN Name - EPDiablo25

XXXIV
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by XXXIV »

pk500 wrote:
Tue Sep 15, 2020 9:55 am
Diablo25 wrote:
PS5 could be $399, and I'm still Xbox One Series X all the way at $499. I've been happy as hell in the Xbox ecosystem exclusively since 2002 -- see no reason to switch.

Same. It's All about the XBox Ecosystem for me as well and that getting even better.

Diablo25
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by Diablo25 »

XXXIV wrote:
Tue Sep 15, 2020 6:35 pm
pk500 wrote:
Tue Sep 15, 2020 9:55 am
Diablo25 wrote:

Same. It's All about the XBox Ecosystem for me as well and that getting even better.
Absolutely on the Xbox Series X train. I’ll be there on day 1.
PSN Name - EPDiablo25

XXXIV
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by XXXIV »

Diablo25 wrote:
Tue Sep 15, 2020 6:23 pm
With Sony being the last gen leader I would simply match MS’s $499 price. They have a huge base that will buy the PS5 regardless.
True.

Sony does not need a lower price nor do they need to do anything close to resembling what MS does with game pass or anything else. PS owners will buy it and in big crazy numbers. You wont be able to find one come Christmas time . People will be paying premium prices on ebay for their PS5s.

Danimal
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by Danimal »

sportdan30 wrote:
Tue Sep 15, 2020 10:27 am
Still waiting on a reason for Series X to push me to consider one. With a gaming pc in the house, it’s just redundant at this point. If the rumors are true regarding pricing of the PS5, Sony will once again be in a very good position going forward. Now, if they could only figure out a way to compete with Game Pass.
As a PC gamer myself I hear you on the lack of a need for a console but that would include both consoles. Sony's biggest trick they pulled was convincing people Xbox were just PC's and somehow PS weren't.

Just curious why would an Xbox be redundant and not a Playstation? Usually the anwser here is exclusives and as I said that seems to be the one strategy Sony still has left.
Follow Me on:
YouTube - www.youtube.com/maxpixelation/
Twitch - twitch.tv/maximumpixelation
Twitter - twitter.com/maxpixelation

Rodster
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by Rodster »

Danimal wrote:
Wed Sep 16, 2020 9:53 am
sportdan30 wrote:
Tue Sep 15, 2020 10:27 am
As a PC gamer myself I hear you on the lack of a need for a console but that would include both consoles. Sony's biggest trick they pulled was convincing people Xbox were just PC's and somehow PS weren't.

Just curious why would an Xbox be redundant and not a Playstation? Usually the anwser here is exclusives and as I said that seems to be the one strategy Sony still has left.
Agree, but keep in mind there are a shitload of gamers that DON'T want to screw around with a PC or try and get the game running right on a PC or find drivers that will help the experience. Plus when you game on a PC you usually have to spend more money to run the games at HIGH-MAX settings so it invariably leads to frustrations.

I got into consoles back in the late 90's for that very same reasons. I got burned out on trying to make the games run the way I expected them to. And this was when 3D cards just started to appear (Rendition, Voodoo, 3Dfx).

So for many they will play their favorite games on a device that is lower cost and will yield an enjoyable experience because in today's gaming world i'd venture to say that 95% on built for gaming consoles then ported to PC. To give you a good example, Doom (2016) and F1 2020 look pretty much identical on my PS4 Pro as it does on my PC rig with all the settings dialed up. So sometimes gamers will decide that consoles are the much better value overall.

Sony's hook again will be exclusives and good for them. Microsoft's hook will also be their exclusives and Game Pass and good for them. Nintendo does things Nintendo's way and doesn't follow anyone plus their insane back catalog library and exclusives.

So as I see it all three major gaming companies have a unique pull on gamers and I see them all doing quite well going forward.

pk500
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by pk500 »

Rodster wrote:
Wed Sep 16, 2020 10:12 am
Sony's hook again will be exclusives and good for them. Microsoft's hook will also be their exclusives and Game Pass and good for them. Nintendo does things Nintendo's way and doesn't follow anyone plus their insane back catalog library and exclusives.

So as I see it all three major gaming companies have a unique pull on gamers and I see them all doing quite well going forward.
Could not agree more. The battle between Xbox and PlayStation was apples-to-apples for all previous generations. "We have the best, most powerful hardware. We have the best games." The only different angle was online gaming, but that ended up being a bit of a push. MS said, "Xbox Live destroys PlayStation online," which is true. Sony said, "Yeah, but our online gaming is free," also was true.

Now the companies are travelling different paths.

MS is clearly all in on GamePass, cross-platform compatibility, cloud gaming and not even buying games. I'm not sure MS even cares what platform you're using, as long as you're in the GamePass ecosystem. Sony is sticking to the old model of hardware and game sales. Nintendo will just keep being Nintendo.