Xbox Series X and PlayStation 5

Welcome to the Digital Sportspage forum.

Moderators: Bill_Abner, ScoopBrady

Rodster
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Re: Xbox Series X and PlayStation 5

Post by Rodster »

Diablo25 wrote:
Wed Jun 10, 2020 7:26 pm
Rodster wrote:
Tue Jun 09, 2020 9:45 pm
"More Evidence Of Rumored Low-Cost Xbox Has Been Found"

The console is rumored to be a disc-free, digital-only version of the Xbox Series X, with some expecting it to be launched as the Xbox Series S. Without an official confirmation, however, details are still scarce on the ground--but for Project Lockhart hopefuls, there's still a chance that a second Xbox console is in the works.

https://www.gamespot.com/articles/more- ... 0-6478171/
I honestly don’t know if I have EVER put a disc in my Xbox One X. Haven’t bought a game on disc in years. If this thing exists, is the same console minus the disc drive then it may be my choice.
Same here. With Game Pass I don't buy a whole lot of games anymore. The most recent was Divinity Original Sin 2 and out of pocket cost was $0 when using my Rewards points.

vader29
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by vader29 »

Rodster wrote:

The console is rumored to be a disc-free, digital-only version of the Xbox Series X, with some expecting it to be launched as the Xbox Series S. Without an official confirmation, however, details are still scarce on the ground--but for Project Lockhart hopefuls, there's still a chance that a second Xbox console is in the works.

From the gamespot comments:

:lol:
"Two rules man: Stay away from my f***in percocets and do you have any f***in percocets?" ~ Marco Belchier
https://www.ea.com/games/nhl/nhl-20/pro ... rm=xboxone

Danimal
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by Danimal »

Ditto, I haven't bought a physical copy of a game in several years.
Follow Me on:
YouTube - www.youtube.com/maxpixelation/
Twitch - twitch.tv/maximumpixelation
Twitter - twitter.com/maxpixelation

Diablo25
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by Diablo25 »

I really hope they show the physical hardware today.

FYI, I heard that if you wear surround sound headphones today some of the audio stuff they are unveiling will be active.
XBLive Gamertag - Diablo25
PSN Name - EPDiablo25

Rodster
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by Rodster »

Bloodbourne II is all I want to see. :)

sportdan30
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by sportdan30 »

New Spiderman, Gran Turismo, RATCHET AND CLANK..... I''m already sold!

Diablo25
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by Diablo25 »

I was kinda disappointed with the presser until maybe the last 20 minutes. It was very similar to MS’s presser....all game trailers with little gameplay. All of the cute adventure games are not my cup of tea so those trailers didn’t do anything for me. Spider-Man was cool and the NBA 2k21 teaser was impressive graphically...as basic as it was. Horizon sequel looks great. I wanted to see the damn console and it didn’t look like it was going to happen, but they finally unveiled “them” at the end. The All Digital PS5 is intriguing. No prices revealed.

At launch, we will offer two options: a PlayStation®5 console with an Ultra HD Blu-ray disc drive and a PlayStation®5 Digital Edition without a disc drive. The PS5 gameplay experience will be the same, so the choice is all yours. While there are some slight differences in the look of each model, for the overall design, we wanted to deliver a console that’s bold, stunning, and unlike any previous generation of PlayStation.
Last edited by Diablo25 on Thu Jun 11, 2020 7:00 pm, edited 1 time in total.
PSN Name - EPDiablo25

Danimal
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by Danimal »

My recap, partial humor intended.

GTA V... is your lead in, oh this could be bad.
Spiderman base on Into the Spiderverse.. ok interested.
GT could care less
Ratchet and Clank not my type of game looks good though.
Project Athia (sp?) looked ok
space game whose name I already forgot looked great until they showed the shooting.
Take a piss during sackboy

I'm losing interest at this point in this presentation.

Kena, should of led with this. First visually stunning game I've seen at this point.
snooze through the next 2 or 3 reveals
Ghostwire Tokyo this could be interesting... umm what the f*** was that?
Not even sure what the next game was called but it look kind of cool that ship going over the waves.
Yawn, Yawn scrolling Tik Tok wake me when something exciting comes on.
Hitman 3, visuals look good.
How long has this been now, feels like 4 hours
Demon's Soul now you have my interest but are any of these reveals going to show game play?
Deathloop, interesting concept need to know more but boy do Betheseda's games look like they are 2 generations old graphically to anyone else?
New Resident Evil, ok this I like.
Prag..um idk it's all cinematic no idea.
Horizon 2, so far only thing selling me on PS5

Well thanks Sony, you joined MS on making me see no reason to buy a new console.
Follow Me on:
YouTube - www.youtube.com/maxpixelation/
Twitch - twitch.tv/maximumpixelation
Twitter - twitter.com/maxpixelation

XXXIV
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by XXXIV »

vader29 wrote:
Wed Jun 10, 2020 8:25 pm
Rodster wrote:

From the gamespot comments:

I have my covid welfare check so I will pass on the welfare version.

Is Demons Souls Sony Exclusive? It was the only game I finished or even played more than a couple of days on my 2 PS3's.

Im only interested on what day I can pre order an Xbox. The rest of it is all ZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZ

fanatic
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by fanatic »

I came away very impressed by Sony's showcase yesterday. My passions as a gamer lie mostly in the single-player story experience - which is obviously where Sony's strengths lie.

Highlights for me:

-Ratchet and Clank: This was one of my favorite PS4 titles. I'll definitely take more of the same, but with better graphics/lighting, seamless transitions between worlds/levels. This is actually a system seller for me.

-Horizon: Very happy to go back to this world. Looks beautiful once again.

-Resident Evil: Of course this will be a solid title.

-Some of the smaller scale stuff like "Little Devil Inside", and "Kena" looked amazing. I mean if this is what small studios are putting out now, wow.

My questions:

-Was it just me, or did the new Spiderman seem like more of a PS4+ game? Maybe it's because they didn't really show off a lot of the world, but it seemed like it could have been DLC for the original. Hopefully I'm wrong and this is a true PS5 evolution.

-Gran Turismo looked a little PS4+ like as well. Not that I'm a huge fan, but it carried perhaps a bit too much of the PS4 feel with it.

-Sackboy (Little Big Planet). This was a bit disappointing for me. Considering how experienced they are these platformers, the levels they showed were a tad on the simple side.

I think the 30fps, 1080p presentation hurt the overall impact, but I don't doubt these titles will wow us in the end. I think the next gen will have to be played to really feel the differences - no loading, better lighting, denser worlds, etc...

sportdan30
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by sportdan30 »

So, I read today Ratchet and Clank & Gran Turismo aren't coming out until 2022. Same with Horizon Forbidden West. Ouch. The only exclusive title that I do care about that is launching around the holiday season is Spiderman. I'm sure I'll be swayed by Madden, FIFA, and/or PES, and perhaps NBA 2K21, but now I'm not as certain I want to immediately jump to next gen.

I do like the design of the PS5 console more than Xbox Series X, but why not have a black option along with the white? Seems rather odd to me. Yeah, I can see how the PS5 resembles a router. And what will it look like on it's side?

I'm hoping the digital version of the PS5 is $100 cheaper than the standard. At least it should be.

I'm not necessarily saying no to the Series X. I much preferred the overall build of the X compared to the PS4. It just seemed more well built and put together. Less fan noise which was noticeable compared to the PS4 Pro. Yet, not as streamlined of an interface...not by a long shot.

If Forza launches at release with another big title, who knows. XBox needs more variety in their arsenal of exclusive games.

We have my son's pretty nice PC (unless he takes it to college), so I do wonder does it make sense to own a PC and a Series X?

Thanks for reading my ramblings.

fanatic
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by fanatic »

sportdan30 wrote:
Fri Jun 12, 2020 4:14 pm
So, I read today Ratchet and Clank & Gran Turismo aren't coming out until 2022. Same with Horizon Forbidden West. Ouch. The only exclusive title that I do care about that is launching around the holiday season is Spiderman. I'm sure I'll be swayed by Madden, FIFA, and/or PES, and perhaps NBA 2K21, but now I'm not as certain I want to immediately jump to next gen.

I do like the design of the PS5 console more than Xbox Series X, but why not have a black option along with the white? Seems rather odd to me. Yeah, I can see how the PS5 resembles a router. And what will it look like on it's side?

I'm hoping the digital version of the PS5 is $100 cheaper than the standard. At least it should be.

I'm not necessarily saying no to the Series X. I much preferred the overall build of the X compared to the PS4. It just seemed more well built and put together. Less fan noise which was noticeable compared to the PS4 Pro. Yet, not as streamlined of an interface...not by a long shot.

If Forza launches at release with another big title, who knows. XBox needs more variety in their arsenal of exclusive games.

We have my son's pretty nice PC (unless he takes it to college), so I do wonder does it make sense to own a PC and a Series X?

Thanks for reading my ramblings.
Hey!

Where did you read about 2022 for all of those games? Ratchet and Clank especially showed a lot of gameplay!

sportdan30
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by sportdan30 »

Scroll down and you’ll see the dates.

https://www.gamespot.com/amp-articles/h ... 0-6478379/

fanatic
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by fanatic »

sportdan30 wrote:
Fri Jun 12, 2020 4:49 pm
Scroll down and you’ll see the dates.

https://www.gamespot.com/amp-articles/h ... 0-6478379/
Ah thanks!

I think it actually means tba, 2022 and beyond as three distinct categories. So if the trailer didn’t say 2011 specifically (like Hitman for example), then it’s a tba. Whereas that Square Enix game said 2022, so it’s also in that category.

10spro
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by 10spro »

After watching the highlights yesterday, I am still in the camp where I maintain my position of NOT getting the next gen console on day one.

I pretty much know what games I really want for the PS and besides GT and Hitman 3, there wasn’t much that attracted my attention besides the visuals of Ratchet & Clank.

Just read this on the Verge. Better clear some space too.

https://www.theverge.com/tldr/2020/6/12 ... e-tv-stand

wco81
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by wco81 »

If it's like phones, you can skip a couple of models and not miss too much.

Seems like each successive generation, the jumps aren't as big.

So it might be okay to skip a generation and buy every other.

However, each console generation is at least 5 years. This one has been 7 years by the time these consoles launch in November?

If you bought the Pro or the Xbox One X a year or two ago, maybe it would be okay to wait a couple more years, wait for a price cut?

But we're talking $100 for the first price cut, maybe outside chance of a $200 cut 2 years after launch?

We're not kids any more so even $200 may be worth 2 years. Of course launch lineup will be weak, so maybe the console isn't worth having until almost 2 years in.

Rodster
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by Rodster »

wco81 wrote:
Fri Jun 12, 2020 7:10 pm
If it's like phones, you can skip a couple of models and not miss too much.

Seems like each successive generation, the jumps aren't as big.

So it might be okay to skip a generation and buy every other.

However, each console generation is at least 5 years. This one has been 7 years by the time these consoles launch in November?

If you bought the Pro or the Xbox One X a year or two ago, maybe it would be okay to wait a couple more years, wait for a price cut?

But we're talking $100 for the first price cut, maybe outside chance of a $200 cut 2 years after launch?

We're not kids any more so even $200 may be worth 2 years. Of course launch lineup will be weak, so maybe the console isn't worth having until almost 2 years in.
All true, I bought the PS4 Pro back when it was first released in 2016? I feel no excitement for either the X1X or PS5. To the point I have not watched any of the PR/Marketing hype. If Bloodbourne II gets announced, I may get one then but if both Sony and MS follow what they started, in 3 yrs we should see the PS5 Pro and whatever MS decides to call the superclocked X1X.

Aristo
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by Aristo »

and whatever MS decides to call the superclocked X1X.
Xbox Serious X
XBL Gamertag: JayhawkerStL

fletcher21
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by fletcher21 »

I’ve been reading that the ps5 will launch around November 30th. That would definitely be nice! The weird thing is that no one has leaked prices for either system. $499 would be reasonable to me.

Rodster
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by Rodster »

fletcher21 wrote:
Sun Jun 14, 2020 12:33 pm
I’ve been reading that the ps5 will launch around November 30th. That would definitely be nice! The weird thing is that no one has leaked prices for either system. $499 would be reasonable to me.
I think is waiting for MS to announce their price and MS is waiting for Sony to announce their price. Who will blink first?

$499 for the disc version sounds about right and $399-$449 for the all digital.

Aristo
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by Aristo »

I am most likely going to wait on next gen for some time. It feels like my XB1X will play all the new games and those games will play on the XSX.

I do think EA is being ultra shitty in trying to force you to buy second copy of their games in order to get the better graphics. I was going to buy Madden at launch anyway, and that will make you eligible for a free upgrade. But that just sets up that the second they think they can get away with it, they will.

In the end, I think publishers will cave once gamers realize what a crappy deal they are being given. Microsoft is not only making all of their games available enhanced for free, they are specifically making it easy for devs to do the same with 3rd party games, but they have to choose to.

Diablo25
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by Diablo25 »

Just to be clear, the PS5 AlL Digital console is simply the same as the mother console but without the disk drive. Just as powerful.

The RUMORED Xbox All Digital version IS NOT as powerful as the mother system. It’s rumored to be a 1080p console.

That is a distinct difference between the PS5 family and the Xbox family.
PSN Name - EPDiablo25

Aristo
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by Aristo »

Diablo25 wrote:
Sun Jun 14, 2020 6:02 pm
Just to be clear, the PS5 AlL Digital console is simply the same as the mother console but without the disk drive. Just as powerful.

The RUMORED Xbox All Digital version IS NOT as powerful as the mother system. It’s rumored to be a 1080p console.

That is a distinct difference between the PS5 family and the Xbox family.
Will be interesting to see how this works out. I do have a hard time believe a digital Xbox won’t by 4K. Even the One S played discs and streaming content at 4K. But I do assume it won’t be as powerful.

Really depends on how people decide to buy. A second console for a bedroom or playroom is often on the spare TV. To get that cheaper is a plus in many circumstances. It might also sell boxes to PS5 owners that can rationalize a cheaper option to play some stuff like Halo or Ori.

But if the digital PS5 is a good bit less expensive than the prime PS5, that might give it a big leg up, as a cheap way to get a premium console is good way to market the console. As primarily an Xbox gamer, a cheaper PS5 is perfect for when we grab it to play the new HZD and Spider-Man games. Definitely won’t need discs.

But until we have prices, who knows? At the rate Sony and Microsoft are going, they will never give a price, and instead MS and Sony will not set a price, but will instead just go to haggle pricing. Sony offers to sell for $499, MS counters with $459, and the customer goes back to Sony to see if they will drop their price.

MizzouRah
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by MizzouRah »

As long as I'm employed I'll be getting the new Xbox Series X once it comes out. I'm a good boy now and don't frequent the bars anymore and tend to stick around the house. :P

I was going to get a new pc, so now that I've extended its life with a new video card, my wife should be onboard with a cheaper new console purchase. I'll make her happy by putting the XB1X upstairs in the spare bedroom since we can't stream on the TV in there currently.
XBL GT: MizzouRah0971

pk500
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by pk500 »

Diablo25 wrote:
Sun Jun 14, 2020 6:02 pm
Find this almost impossible to believe. The XB1X outputs in native 4K. The XB1S outputs in upscaled 4K. Yet a new machine -- even a lower-priced, lower-spec version -- will lack 4K gaming, a feature of the S since 2016 and the X since 2017?

I think that's a big, fat NFW. I'll eat a steaming plate of crow and be stunned if I'm wrong. This would be like a new car manufacturer releasing a new model without Bluetooth connectivity or AirPlay. Not buying it.
"You know why I love boxers? I love them because they face fear. And they face it alone." - Nick Charles

"First on the throttle, last on the brakes." - @MotoGP Twitter signature

XBL Gamertag: pk4425