Xbox Series X and PlayStation 5

Welcome to the Digital Sportspage forum.

Moderators: Bill_Abner, ScoopBrady

wco81
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Re: Xbox Series X and PlayStation 5

Post by wco81 »

If anything, you have to be concerned about delays with the supply chain disruptions.

Key components like high-speed RAM may be a lot more expensive later this year due to pent-up demand.

I think they're going to wait as long as possible to announce release date and price. In previous launches, they would release a lot more info at E3, which of course is canceled this year.

10spro
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by 10spro »

wco81 wrote:If anything, you have to be concerned about delays with the supply chain disruptions.

Key components like high-speed RAM may be a lot more expensive later this year due to pent-up demand.

I think they're going to wait as long as possible to announce release date and price. In previous launches, they would release a lot more info at E3, which of course is canceled this year.
And with factories closed in China and the current state of affairs, I wouldn’t be surprised if the release date gets pushed back to next 2021 until things get back to normal which maybe be for awhile.

Diablo25
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by Diablo25 »

10spro wrote:
wco81 wrote:If anything, you have to be concerned about delays with the supply chain disruptions.

And with factories closed in China and the current state of affairs, I wouldn’t be surprised if the release date gets pushed back to next 2021 until things get back to normal which maybe be for awhile.
Sadly, I agree.
XBLive Gamertag - Diablo25
PSN Name - EPDiablo25

Rodster
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by Rodster »

The Series X will have a slot for the 1TB expansion cards made by Seagate.

sportdan30
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by sportdan30 »

PS5 news coming tomorrow.

Diablo25
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by Diablo25 »

How creepy is this dude presenting the PS5 info? The whole thing has an odd feel to it. Maybe it’s just me.
PSN Name - EPDiablo25

Diablo25
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by Diablo25 »

Jesus, this PS5 conference has been a total waste of time. Bizarre.
PSN Name - EPDiablo25

pigpen81
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by pigpen81 »

Diablo25 wrote:Jesus, this PS5 conference has been a total waste of time. Bizarre.
At least my boys received their daily math and science education in one sitting ;)
Last edited by pigpen81 on Wed Mar 18, 2020 5:06 pm, edited 1 time in total.

J_Cauthen
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by J_Cauthen »

Diablo25 wrote:How creepy is this dude presenting the PS5 info? The whole thing has an odd feel to it. Maybe it’s just me.
Yeah, I don't think this was meant to be rollout directed at Joe Six-Pack. If it came down to product presentation, who would your money be on: this guy (Mark Cerny) or Phil Spencer? This was like watching a PSA on brushing your teeth! But, there were some operating details and specs contained within...

10spro
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by 10spro »

Sexy looking, beefier too, would like to see it in black.

https://www.theverge.com/circuitbreaker ... t-hardware

Aristo
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by Aristo »

10spro wrote:Sexy looking, beefier too, would like to see it in black.

Other than stick placement, it looks like Xbox won the controller war
XBL Gamertag: JayhawkerStL

Diablo25
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by Diablo25 »

10spro wrote:Sexy looking, beefier too, would like to see it in black.

Wonder if the PS5 itself will have that white color?
PSN Name - EPDiablo25

Rodster
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by Rodster »

The PS5 controller is getting a lot of hatred on Twitter. I personally like the look of it. While the offset thumbsticks on the Xbox and Switch Pro controller's are ergonomically and naturally better, the Dualshock design is something Sony has stuck with since the original Playstation. But I really do like the two tone look of the PS5 controller and there is NO doubt in my mind that there's going to be a Black PS5 controller.

Diablo25
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by Diablo25 »

The thing could be the slickest thing ever created and people would still find something to b*tch about. I think it looks great.
PSN Name - EPDiablo25

10spro
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by 10spro »

Diablo25 wrote:The thing could be the slickest thing ever created and people would still find something to b*tch about. I think it looks great.
Same here. I rather play NHL and FIFA with the DualShock designed sticks as they are to be honest.

Diablo25
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by Diablo25 »

Mizzou put this in the old Xbox/PS4 thread so I thought I’d put it here. Next gen is coming fast.

New Unreal 5 engine looks incredible.. I believe this comes from an actual playable demo on the PS5 as well.

https://youtu.be/qC5KtatMcUw
PSN Name - EPDiablo25

pk500
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by pk500 »

Like I said in the old thread, wow. That Unreal Engine footage blurs the line between virtual and reality. IMPRESSIVE. Thanks for sharing.

I don't know if that's the quality of the Unreal Engine or the PS5 graphics architecture or both. But that tech video looked more impressive than anything shown in the one-hour Xbox Series X preview last week.
"You know why I love boxers? I love them because they face fear. And they face it alone." - Nick Charles

"First on the throttle, last on the brakes." - @MotoGP Twitter signature

XBL Gamertag: pk4425

Diablo25
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by Diablo25 »

pk500 wrote:Like I said in the old thread, wow. That Unreal Engine footage blurs the line between virtual and reality. IMPRESSIVE. Thanks for sharing.

I don't know if that's the quality of the Unreal Engine or the PS5 graphics architecture or both. But that tech video looked more impressive than anything shown in the one-hour Xbox Series X preview last week.
The PS5 isnt as powerful as the XBSX and it still pumped out those graphics. Definitely impressive.
PSN Name - EPDiablo25

Rodster
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by Rodster »

As this article goes on to say about Unreal Engine 5, let's not get ahead of ourselves.

"This is What PlayStation 5 Games Can Look Like

This is what PlayStation 5 games can look like. Well, it's what they can look like with no real "game" running, though Epic Games went to great lengths to make "Lumen" work like a game. The real-time demo is running on PlayStation 5 hardware with what looks to be player input, sure, but that's a far cry from a full game with AI, physics, and sound all running under the hood. I applaud Epic for making "Lumen" walk like a real game—it is playable apparently—but I'll believe it when there's a released UE5 game and a controller in my hands."

https://www.usgamer.net/articles/the-un ... s5-opinion

MizzouRah
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by MizzouRah »

Diablo25 wrote:Mizzou put this in the old Xbox/PS4 thread so I thought I’d put it here. Next gen is coming fast.

New Unreal 5 engine looks incredible.. I believe this comes from an actual playable demo on the PS5 as well.

https://youtu.be/qC5KtatMcUw
Oops, thank you!

They said it could be 2022 before we see a full game like that but I don't care, if that's what's coming in the future, I'm onboard. :)
XBL GT: MizzouRah0971

Danimal
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by Danimal »

pk500 wrote:Like I said in the old thread, wow. That Unreal Engine footage blurs the line between virtual and reality. IMPRESSIVE. Thanks for sharing.

My understanding it is the engine and the engine will be just like it is now which means better on the PC and similar on both consoles. The most impressive part to me was the flying at the end.
Follow Me on:
YouTube - www.youtube.com/maxpixelation/
Twitch - twitch.tv/maximumpixelation
Twitter - twitter.com/maxpixelation

Diablo25
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by Diablo25 »

Just watched IGNs show which reacted to the tech demo. They showed a quote from the devs at Epic that said, “Sony’s storage architecture is FAR ahead of the best SSD solution you can buy on a PC today.”
PSN Name - EPDiablo25

pk500
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by pk500 »

I'm not paying too much attention to the tech arms race between the two consoles because I've been Xbox exclusive since 2002 and don't plan to change. Sony could have tech in the PS5 that would launch a SpaceX rocket, but it's irrelevant if its online gaming doesn't exceed the capabilities of Xbox Live.

Since PSN never has matched XBL, I'm not holding my breath. Not to mention the brilliance of Xbox Game Pass. I'm not into the hobby enough for two machines, so there's no way in hell I'm giving up XBL and GamePass for slightly prettier pictures or slightly quicker load times.
"You know why I love boxers? I love them because they face fear. And they face it alone." - Nick Charles

"First on the throttle, last on the brakes." - @MotoGP Twitter signature

XBL Gamertag: pk4425

10spro
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by 10spro »

pk500 wrote:I'm not paying too much attention to the tech arms race between the two consoles because I've been Xbox exclusive since 2002 and don't plan to change. Sony could have tech in the PS5 that would launch a SpaceX rocket, but it's irrelevant if its online gaming doesn't exceed the capabilities of Xbox Live.

Since PSN never has matched XBL, I'm not holding my breath. Not to mention the brilliance of Xbox Game Pass. I'm not into the hobby enough for two machines, so there's no way in hell I'm giving up XBL and GamePass for slightly prettier pictures or slightly quicker load times.
You got some valid points there. As a holder of both consoles for decades, I may finally take a harder look this time around if it’s convenient to have both systems. It is all about the quality of the games after all. Another slight edge MS may have over Sony other than the technical specs is the fact that I read somewhere that no matter at what price the PS5 maybe launched, the Xbox Project would be priced cheaper.

Albeit slightly.

With Sony’s MLB gem moving to all consoles in a couple of years, I can only think of two companies where my heart would break over the switch.

Naughty’s unique game stamp with Sony and Konami’s ability to allow editing with the PES series with the PlayStation.

The MS gamepass is brilliant for sure, but I’ll be honest Sony has improved the quality of their PSN and PS Plus the last couple of years. In fact when it comes to free games quality wise, their choices are slightly better than Xbox.

Maybe I am getting older too where the fascination of better graphics with bigger SSD’s doesn’t appear as salivating as when I was younger, but I know one thing for sure that hasn’t changed.

It is all about the games baby.

Danimal
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by Danimal »

Diablo25 wrote:Just watched IGNs show which reacted to the tech demo. They showed a quote from the devs at Epic that said, “Sony’s storage architecture is FAR ahead of the best SSD solution you can buy on a PC today.”
I'll believe it when someone who isn't being paid by Sony says that.
Follow Me on:
YouTube - www.youtube.com/maxpixelation/
Twitch - twitch.tv/maximumpixelation
Twitter - twitter.com/maxpixelation