Xbox Series X and PlayStation 5

Welcome to the Digital Sportspage forum.

Moderators: Bill_Abner, ScoopBrady

10spro
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Re: Next Gen XBOX (Project Scarlett) and PlayStation 5

Post by 10spro »

Diablo25 wrote:$179 is a lot of CA$H for a controller. 8) Damn this gaming habit.
It damn is. But at the same time the way these controllers are made these days, if a regular controller has a lifespan of only 3-4 months for an avid everyday player and you end up buying three controllers for the year, then one stars pondering. I haven’t had much luck with my controllers lately especially with sports games, so a expensive as it is, I am seriously contemplating for the elite 2.

J_Cauthen
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by J_Cauthen »

MERACE wrote:I too pre-ordered an Elite 2 controller mostly for the adjustable stick tension feature. There are 3 tension settings with the tightest being the same as the Xbox 360 controller.

I'm hoping this will help my swing in TGC 2019. :wink:

Sending out an APB for JCauthen to check out this thread. :lol:
Oh I'm tuned into it! I hate to admit this, but my enjoyment of The Golf Club 2019 has fallen off the charts with the demise of my Elite controller this Summer. I sorely miss the precision and feel that my Elite controller gave me, especially when playing TGC 2019. I don't see it as being a technical cheat, it's just that the Elite controller gave my Autumn years sensory system more feedback. It not only made me play better, it just made the play experience considerably more visceral. I hate to admit that more expensive tech gave me an advantage, but it truly did. I'm not sure how to categorize that, but that's what it is...

The Elite controllers are in such short supply now that the price is being driven up on them. I've decided to hold off until the release of the Elite 2 and buy one, even though it's $30 more than the Elite.

pk500
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by pk500 »

10spro wrote:
Diablo25 wrote:$179 is a lot of CA$H for a controller. 8) Damn this gaming habit.
It damn is. But at the same time the way these controllers are made these days, if a regular controller has a lifespan of only 3-4 months for an avid everyday player and you end up buying three controllers for the year, then one stars pondering. I haven’t had much luck with my controllers lately especially with sports games, so a expensive as it is, I am seriously contemplating for the elite 2.
I'm sure the Elite is bad-ass and gives all sorts of advantages. But if I'm spending $179 on anything gaming, it's toward a new console.

I have replaced joysticks and audio jacks in my "regular" Xbox One controllers for a whopping $8 in parts from Amazon and about 10 minutes of time. Then they're good as new.

Cheap f*ckingly yours,
PK
"You know why I love boxers? I love them because they face fear. And they face it alone." - Nick Charles

"First on the throttle, last on the brakes." - @MotoGP Twitter signature

XBL Gamertag: pk4425

Pete1210
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by Pete1210 »

After thoroughly enjoying the Elite 1 for the past few years, if it goes I would invest in the 2. Maybe there will be a next Xbox bundled with the Elite 2.
XBL/PSN: Pete1210

Diablo25
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by Diablo25 »

pk500 wrote:Cheap f*ckingly yours,
PK
:lol: :lol:
XBLive Gamertag - Diablo25
PSN Name - EPDiablo25

Diablo25
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by Diablo25 »

Pete1210 wrote:After thoroughly enjoying the Elite 1 for the past few years, if it goes I would invest in the 2. Maybe there will be a next Xbox bundled with the Elite 2.
I doubt thats a maybe Pete. I’d say its a certainty.
PSN Name - EPDiablo25

Diablo25
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by Diablo25 »

Aaaaaaaaannnnnnnd I pre Ordered the Elite 2 :oops: :oops: Had some points built up on my Amazon card so I cashed them in.

Impulsely F#cking Yours,
Diablo
PSN Name - EPDiablo25

vader29
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by vader29 »

Everyone's getting elite controllers and PK is like, my original still works:

:P

Seriously I wish I knew for sure if the Elite 2 was coming with the new system next year, then I would hold out with my current elite with a broken LB button and peeled grips until then.
"Two rules man: Stay away from my f***in percocets and do you have any f***in percocets?" ~ Marco Belchier
https://www.ea.com/games/nhl/nhl-20/pro ... rm=xboxone

Rodster
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by Rodster »

vader29 wrote:Seriously I wish I knew for sure if the Elite 2 was coming with the new system next year, then I would hold out with my current elite with a broken LB button and peeled grips until then.
That’s the thing that gets me about the Elite controllers. For the price MS is charging for those controllers, they should work trouble free at minimum, 6 years. IIRC, several of the guys who own Elite controllers have had problems well before 2-3 yrs

TheTruth
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by TheTruth »

Diablo25 wrote:Aaaaaaaaannnnnnnd I pre Ordered the Elite 2 :oops: :oops: Had some points built up on my Amazon card so I cashed them in.

Impulsely F#cking Yours,
Diablo
That’s what I did too. Got mine for about 30 bucks.
[b]Xbox Live Gamertag:[/b] [color=red]HOGZ TheTruth[/color] Wii: 7256 9991 5571 9701

Pete1210
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by Pete1210 »

vader29 wrote: Seriously I wish I knew for sure if the Elite 2 was coming with the new system next year, then I would hold out with my current elite with a broken LB button and peeled grips until then.
I replaced the grips about a year ago with parts from Amazon. Was well worth it.
XBL/PSN: Pete1210

pk500
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by pk500 »

vader29 wrote:Everyone's getting elite controllers and PK is like, my original still works:

:P
:) :) :)

I'm not quite THAT cheap! Close, maybe.
"You know why I love boxers? I love them because they face fear. And they face it alone." - Nick Charles

"First on the throttle, last on the brakes." - @MotoGP Twitter signature

XBL Gamertag: pk4425

MERACE
Utility Infielder
Utility Infielder

Post by MERACE »

Rodster
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by Rodster »

MS announces an upgrade option to Project Scarlett when it's released next year during the holidays. I'm sure there will be upgrade options with GameStop and maybe Best Buy. In order to take advantage of the upgrade you need to buy the console from the "Xbox All Access" program and make 18 payments.

https://www.eurogamer.net/articles/2019 ... ox-console

wco81
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by wco81 »

Doesn't sound like a big jump at least in terms of processing. SSD could make load times a lot better.

I don't know about continuing with the same paradigm though, generation after generation.

Nintendo Switch is a more interesting paradigm. If they could have put PS4/XBox One performance in a portable mode and then docked, you get 4K HDR, etc.

MERACE
Utility Infielder
Utility Infielder

Post by MERACE »

I can’t wait for my Elite 2 to arrive on November 4th. :D

I never purchased the original Elite controller, but here’s a review from someone that did:

https://venturebeat.com/2019/10/31/xbox ... -the-best/

-MERACE

dbdynsty25
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by dbdynsty25 »

Wow, the Elite 2 is fantastic. Build quality is light years ahead of the original, and I loved the original. The USB C connection, the dock, the adjustable sticks. I'm a fan.

Now if Microsoft only they knew how to ship properly. In a box clearly too big, no bubble wrap, nothing. Barely taped on the sides and ultimately dented the product box. Idiots.

TCrouch
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by TCrouch »

dbdynsty25 wrote:Wow, the Elite 2 is fantastic. Build quality is light years ahead of the original, and I loved the original. The USB C connection, the dock, the adjustable sticks. I'm a fan.
Damn it....I passed on it because I love my Elite Controllers, and wasn't sure the upgrade was worth it.

Thanks a lot. :lol:

dbdynsty25
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by dbdynsty25 »

TCrouch wrote:
dbdynsty25 wrote:Wow, the Elite 2 is fantastic. Build quality is light years ahead of the original, and I loved the original. The USB C connection, the dock, the adjustable sticks. I'm a fan.
Damn it....I passed on it because I love my Elite Controllers, and wasn't sure the upgrade was worth it.

Thanks a lot. :lol:
Yup, you've never convinced anyone on this board to spend any money. ;)

Danimal
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by Danimal »

Now if Microsoft only they knew how to ship properly. In a box clearly too big, no bubble wrap, nothing. Barely taped on the sides and ultimately dented the product box. Idiots.
Can it be used on a PC? I tend to not use my XB much anymore.
Follow Me on:
YouTube - www.youtube.com/maxpixelation/
Twitch - twitch.tv/maximumpixelation
Twitter - twitter.com/maxpixelation

dbdynsty25
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by dbdynsty25 »

Danimal wrote:

Can it be used on a PC? I tend to not use my XB much anymore.
Yes, via bluetooth OR the Microsoft Xbox Wireless Adapter.

https://www.amazon.com/Microsoft-Xbox-W ... 201&sr=8-5

greggsand
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by greggsand »

Never had an Elite 1. Elite 2 is really nice feeling. Will it get me more chicken dinners in PUBG? Prob not. Using the little paddles underneath is different. I had to remove them initially as it felt too weird. I’ll work on that after I get use to he overall feel of it.
My Tesla referral code - get free supercharger miles!! https://ts.la/gregg43474

AcemanPR
Starting 5
Starting 5

Post by AcemanPR »

It is fantastic! The stick tensioning is huge for me! I set it to the stiffest setting and love it! My only game of Modern Warfare I played at lunch with it, I had 25 kills 7 deaths, starting out the game with a triple kill, all headshots from a distance. Can already tell my aiming is going to be much more precise in FPS games!

J_Cauthen
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by J_Cauthen »

That's saying a lot, as I too thought the build quality of the orginal was really good. I'd be interested in reading your take on TGC 2019 with the Elite 2, and which stick tension setting you prefer with it.

I may as well go ahead and order mine now, as I've given up tryint to repair an Elite 1 that went belly up me after 3 1/2 years of heavy service this summer.

vader29
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by vader29 »

Just ordered the elite 2, something is seriously wrong with us all paying 200 bucks for a controller. :)
greggsand wrote:Never had an Elite 1. Elite 2 is really nice feeling. Will it get me more chicken dinners in PUBG? Prob not. Using the little paddles underneath is different. I had to remove them initially as it felt too weird. I’ll work on that after I get use to he overall feel of it.
I only used two of the paddles on the original elite and mapped the L3 and R3 buttons to them, much easier than clicking the joysticks.
"Two rules man: Stay away from my f***in percocets and do you have any f***in percocets?" ~ Marco Belchier
https://www.ea.com/games/nhl/nhl-20/pro ... rm=xboxone