War of Rights (PC)

Welcome to the Digital Sportspage forum.

Moderators: Bill_Abner, ScoopBrady

Danimal
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

War of Rights (PC)

Post by Danimal »

I took advantage of the Steam sale to pick up this game. It's a large scale shooter set in the Civil War. This era of combat was something I always wanted to see tackled on the digital battlefront. The game is still in early access but I took part in a few skirmishes last night of 75 vs 75 players.

I worried that this game might be full of jackholes but much like Post Scriptum the team based strategy an adherence to combat tactics and actual weapons of the era weeds out the script kiddies fast. Unlike battlefield 1 where they come up with some crazy ass weapon so you still feel like you have a M4 in your hands. In War of Rights you have a single shot musket (unless you're and officer) and between shots you will go through an extensive and impressively accurate reload animation that I'm guessing takes 20-30 seconds to complete. If you lone wolf in this game you will die.

Officers can set command on where to go an more importantly set the line. Which causes a white line to show on the ground. Your regiment then lines up and in the games I played the front row took a knee and the back row stood. The commander would go front row Ready, Aim, Fire and a barrage of 20-30 muskets would fire. Then as we reloaded the back row would fire. Eventually bayonets are fixed and it's a mad dash through a field for some deadly hand to hand combat in a corn field or a forest.

All the battles are historical complete with the regiments that took part. I have no idea how artillery works but watching the flash of 2 dozen muskets in the fading daylight is an astonishing site but nothing compared to when a cannon barrage hits the field. Last night we advance into a corn field with the Confederates did the same on the other side. Neither of us knew the other regiment was there until someone stumble on to each other and all hell broke loose.

If you're a historical shooter fan there is no better place to be than on the PC right now. I was having so much fun I forgot to capture some footage but I will tonight and post it.
Follow Me on:
YouTube - www.youtube.com/maxpixelation/
Twitch - twitch.tv/maximumpixelation
Twitter - twitter.com/maxpixelation

Diablo25
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Re: War of Rights (PC)

Post by Diablo25 »

I’d love to see some footage!
XBLive Gamertag - Diablo25
PSN Name - EPDiablo25