MLB The Show 20

Welcome to the Digital Sportspage forum.

Moderators: Bill_Abner, ScoopBrady

J_Cauthen
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Re: MLB The Show 20

Post by J_Cauthen »

Diablo25 wrote:
pigpen81 wrote:Bill, for some reason I can never view your videos. I always get an "unavailable" message.

My son has been enjoying The Show 20 so far. He says there are big improvements over 19 for what it is worth.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hAleC9i ... e=youtu.be
That was a nice sequence to watch... really shows this game in its best light! It's really got a lot of personality and a rich ambiance. I can't wait to see it next year on an XBox Series X. I'll probably wind up buying 20 for my stock PS4 this year, once they cut the price a bit. I don't really start Jones'n for a baseball game until June anyway.

pigpen, I've noticed that I can never view You Tube videos directly with this forum software when using Chrome, which is my normal browser. I have to copy the link and paste it to view them.

pigpen81
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by pigpen81 »

Thanks for the tip.

Bill, great video. Congrats on the huge HR and the win. The presentation is so pure.

Zlax45
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by Zlax45 »

Diablo25 wrote:
pigpen81 wrote:Bill, for some reason I can never view your videos. I always get an "unavailable" message.

My son has been enjoying The Show 20 so far. He says there are big improvements over 19 for what it is worth.
I started playing MLB 13 today and I missed it. Can't wait till this joins the Xbox next year!
My xbox live name is "The Zlax45"

Diablo25
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by Diablo25 »

Zlax45 wrote:
Diablo25 wrote:

I started playing MLB 13 today and I missed it. Can't wait till this joins the Xbox next year!
Damn, The Show 13? Loosen the purse strings and get 17 or 18 on the cheap. :D
XBLive Gamertag - Diablo25
PSN Name - EPDiablo25

pigpen81
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by pigpen81 »

Since the stay at home directive I am 42 games into a MLB 2016 PS3 franchise with my Dodgers. There was a roster update available with all of the latest moves.

My son has the PS4 in his room so I am stuck with the PS3. It plays a really good game of baseball.

I fast forward pitching/defense each half inning so I jst concentrate on batting. Games take around 20 minutes tops.

Good fun!

tjung0831
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by tjung0831 »

I’m 12 games into my Rangers franchise....in last place with a 3-9 record. I’ve got some work to do!
Tim

"tjungin it"

PS4 - tjung0831
Xbox - NHLTIM

Diablo25
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by Diablo25 »

I am about 18 games into my franchise...except I relocated the Reds and rebranded the whole franchise. As I mentioned in the post above, I used a fantasy draft so it’s not the real Reds roster. I started out great but just got swept by the Giants. It’s been very fun. It’s helping pass all this down time.
XBLive Gamertag - Diablo25
PSN Name - EPDiablo25

MERACE
Utility Infielder
Utility Infielder

Post by MERACE »

Diablo25 wrote: It’s been very fun. It’s helping pass all this down time.
Like John, I'm planning on waiting for a price reduction before purchasing MLB The Show 20.

Is this years version of the game worth paying full price to play now? :?:

-MERACE

10spro
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by 10spro »

MERACE wrote:
Diablo25 wrote: It’s been very fun. It’s helping pass all this down time.
Like John, I'm planning on waiting for a price reduction before purchasing MLB The Show 20.

Is this years version of the game worth paying full price to play now? :?:

-MERACE
I think if you’re an offline player in general you can enjoy the different modes that are being offered out there with 20.

As a Diamond Dynasty player exclusively, I personally miss the opener of the season where the game brings you with the updated numbers for each player while bringing in different challenges to try to acquire the HOT player of the day or week as the season moves on.

If you need the latest stats, if you buy last years game is a fine version too at a fraction of what you would be paying for 20 today.

If you have the dedication and time to play the different modes there, start a franchise while knowingly understand that we’ll be all out of normalcy for awhile yet, then definitely buy the full price game today.

But with the unlikely scenario of any sporting event happening soon, MLB 20 may not go on sale until July/August in my opinion.

MERACE
Utility Infielder
Utility Infielder

Post by MERACE »

After watching a tribute to Mr Tiger Al Kaline I've decided I can't wait any longer
and purchased MLB The Show 20. :D

-MERACE