MLB The Show 20

Welcome to the Digital Sportspage forum.

Moderators: Bill_Abner, ScoopBrady

Sudz
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Re: MLB The Show 20

Post by Sudz »

I decide to play a franchise for the first time in a few seasons. So that is providing me with fresh view of the game. Been mainly in RTTS for the past few iterations of The Show. Pretty solid mode with some decent improvements since the last time I jumped in and played a few seasons.

The gameplay does feel improved though I've muffed a few balls in LF for some reason. Overall it is an excellent game as always.

10spro
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by 10spro »

Really enjoying ‘Showdown’ with all the different scenarios that you need to achieve. On my first try, I got pretty good infielders and outfielders that helped me with the different challenges while a top diamond pitcher like Scherzer gave up on a homer when my challenge was to keep a clean sheet. I found my gold players performed better than the diamond guys.

I can see how this mode can be addictive. Just wished the menus were smoother and faster, I don’t know if there’s a way to turn off the music while you’re facing different challenges.

Diablo25
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by Diablo25 »

10spro wrote:Really enjoying ‘Showdown’ with all the different scenarios that you need to achieve. On my first try, I got pretty good infielders and outfielders that helped me with the different challenges while a top diamond pitcher like Scherzer gave up on a homer when my challenge was to keep a clean sheet. I found my gold players performed better than the diamond guys.

I can see how this mode can be addictive. Just wished the menus were smoother and faster, I don’t know if there’s a way to turn off the music while you’re facing different challenges.
It is pretty cool. I believe you can turn off the music in the overall presentation settings. I could be wrong though.

I’ve been playing through some of the “Moments”. Fun and addictive. I’m always playing Conquest...love that mode. All of the new gameplay additions/tweaks have made the game so much better. Playing D was always fun but now it’s more fun than before. I have the next 2 weeks (probably more) off from my job (teacher) so I guess I’ll be Playing a lot of The Show and other games.
XBLive Gamertag - Diablo25
PSN Name - EPDiablo25

tjung0831
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by tjung0831 »

What settings is everybody playing on?

I’m on All Star for both hitting and pitching. The only sliders I have adjusted so far ....I decreased fielder speed by one notch and increased pitch speed by one notch.
I’m having some amazing games...
I lost a game 1-0 and the next game I played , I beat the Astros 20-2. I had to check a couple of times to make sure my settings weren’t on the easy settings but the Astros just couldn’t get me out.
Every other game score since then has been within 2 runs....just really tight nail biters. Finally had my first walkoff last night...was down 3-2 in the bottom of the 9th...2 outs as well and Nelson Cruz hit a 2 run shot to win the game.
Last edited by tjung0831 on Mon Mar 16, 2020 3:05 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Tim

"tjungin it"

PS4 - tjung0831
Xbox - NHLTIM

Diablo25
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by Diablo25 »

All Star. I do play some games on HOF in Diamond Dynasty to get greater rewards.
PSN Name - EPDiablo25

tjung0831
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by tjung0831 »

Diablo25 wrote:All Star. I do play some games on HOF in Diamond Dynasty to get greater rewards.
Default sliders or did you make any adjustments?
Tim

"tjungin it"

PS4 - tjung0831
Xbox - NHLTIM

Diablo25
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by Diablo25 »

tjung0831 wrote:
Diablo25 wrote:All Star. I do play some games on HOF in Diamond Dynasty to get greater rewards.
Default. In Diamond Dynasty You must use default.
PSN Name - EPDiablo25

sportdan30
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by sportdan30 »

I've been playing the the heck out of RTTS. I'm already in to the month of June in my first year as a AA player. I got drafted by the Marlins which I wasn't happy about, but I imagine there will be opportunities to play at the big league level. The new relationship building seems like more fluff than anything, but it adds a bit more to the mode.

Is DD and conquest mode all online? Never really understood it. I did have fun opening my packs and deciding which players to keep and which ones to release. I have a pretty decent squad.

Diablo25
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by Diablo25 »

sportdan30 wrote:I've been playing the the heck out of RTTS. I'm already in to the month of June in my first year as a AA player. I got drafted by the Marlins which I wasn't happy about, but I imagine there will be opportunities to play at the big league level. The new relationship building seems like more fluff than anything, but it adds a bit more to the mode.

Is DD and conquest mode all online? Never really understood it. I did have fun opening my packs and deciding which players to keep and which ones to release. I have a pretty decent squad.
No. There are offline and online modes in DD. Conquest is an offline mode. The new Showdown mode is also offline. For Conquest, there is a map with your DD team and several other MLB teams (depending on the size/shape of the map). You basically try and take over the map step by step by beating the MLB teams and taking their territory. There are phases where you Attack, Steal Fans and Move your fans. The games are fun and only 3 innings long. You get rewards as you go and then a big reward if you take over the entire map.
PSN Name - EPDiablo25

tjung0831
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by tjung0831 »

Diablo25 wrote:
tjung0831 wrote:
Default. In Diamond Dynasty You must use default.
ahh...I'm strictly "play now" and "franchise"
Tim

"tjungin it"

PS4 - tjung0831
Xbox - NHLTIM

sportdan30
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by sportdan30 »

Diablo25 wrote:
sportdan30 wrote:I've been playing the the heck out of RTTS. I'm already in to the month of June in my first year as a AA player. I got drafted by the Marlins which I wasn't happy about, but I imagine there will be opportunities to play at the big league level. The new relationship building seems like more fluff than anything, but it adds a bit more to the mode.

No. There are offline and online modes in DD. Conquest is an offline mode. The new Showdown mode is also offline. For Conquest, there is a map with your DD team and several other MLB teams (depending on the size/shape of the map). You basically try and take over the map step by step by beating the MLB teams and taking their territory. There are phases where you Attack, Steal Fans and Move your fans. The games are fun and only 3 innings long. You get rewards as you go and then a big reward if you take over the entire map.
Thanks for the info. I'll try out DD this evening. Ended up playing a dozen games of RTTS last night. Figured out how to bypass the base running portion, which is one of my pet peeves with the mode. I just passed the All-Star game in the schedule.

Great game!

Diablo25
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by Diablo25 »

tjung0831 wrote: ahh...I'm strictly "play now" and "franchise"
You don’t know what you are missing. DD is very fun and addicting :D
PSN Name - EPDiablo25

Diablo25
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by Diablo25 »

sportdan30 wrote:
Diablo25 wrote:

Thanks for the info. I'll try out DD this evening. Ended up playing a dozen games of RTTS last night. Figured out how to bypass the base running portion, which is one of my pet peeves with the mode. I just passed the All-Star game in the schedule.

Great game!
RTTS is definitely a cool mode. I have a guy from last years game I could import but I may start a new one. My guy from last years game is I. The big leagues with KC. I was drafted by the Yankees but those SOBs were burying me in the minors! So I demanded a trade...haha. With all this time off I will Definitely start a new career.
PSN Name - EPDiablo25

dbdynsty25
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by dbdynsty25 »

Is anyone else having online issues w/ the show this year? I constantly am getting disconnected, shut down and license issues. This game is horribly unstable for me. So annoying to be mid game and then it just shuts down saying it can’t access the licensing server.

Diablo25
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by Diablo25 »

dbdynsty25 wrote:Is anyone else having online issues w/ the show this year? I constantly am getting disconnected, shut down and license issues. This game is horribly unstable for me. So annoying to be mid game and then it just shuts down saying it can’t access the licensing server.
I haven’t had any issues at all. I haven’t played any online games if that’s what you are referring to. All other online access has been very stable for me.
PSN Name - EPDiablo25

dbdynsty25
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by dbdynsty25 »

Diablo25 wrote:
dbdynsty25 wrote:Is anyone else having online issues w/ the show this year? I constantly am getting disconnected, shut down and license issues. This game is horribly unstable for me. So annoying to be mid game and then it just shuts down saying it can’t access the licensing server.
I haven’t had any issues at all. I haven’t played any online games if that’s what you are referring to. All other online access has been very stable for me.
Nope just normal franchise games. Nearly every time it disconnects before I'm done with a game so I have to manually save instead of it auto-saving. Weird.

Diablo25
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by Diablo25 »

Definitely weird. Hope it clears up. I know there was a 1.03 patch released yesterday. Maybe that will fix it.
PSN Name - EPDiablo25

Diablo25
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by Diablo25 »

The game is great as usual. I’ve been having a hard time winning DD/Conquest games on All Star. With 19 I would consistently win 75% of my games on All Star. Last night I got beat like 5 times in a row. It’s a good thing. I’m really liking the challenge. As you were.
PSN Name - EPDiablo25

tjung0831
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by tjung0831 »

Played a game last night....Rockies vs D'Backs All Star level....Jon Gray vs Robbie Ray. I was the D'Backs and first off for some reason I've always hated the the D'Backs but that stadium is beautiful in this game. Anyway...I jumped all over Gray and had an 11-5 lead going into the 9th. I brought their SU reliever for the 9th and the game went to hell in a hurry. The Rockies had a 6 run 9th to tie the game...I still never felt cheated, I felt like it was my mistakes that cost me the lead. Bottom of the 9th, I had a lead off double and 2 batters later, Carson Kelly hit a 2 run walk off shot to dead center and as soon as he hit it, he started jumping up and down and waiving his hands on his way to first base.....it was awesome. Just a really cool moment to see. I'm still trying to figure out a franchise team to play with and I think I'm down to 6...Rangers, Jays, Rays, Twins, Padres, and now the D'Backs.
Tim

"tjungin it"

PS4 - tjung0831
Xbox - NHLTIM

jLp_VaKer0
Mario Mendoza

Post by jLp_VaKer0 »

I think I've asked this last couple of years, did they bring back the standard season mode?

tjung0831
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by tjung0831 »

jLp_VaKer0 wrote:I think I've asked this last couple of years, did they bring back the standard season mode?
no...Franchise only but you can set all your franchise type jobs to the auto gm and basically plays just like a standard season.
Tim

"tjungin it"

PS4 - tjung0831
Xbox - NHLTIM

Diablo25
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by Diablo25 »

This game is really scratching the itch more than normal due to our situation with no sports. I started a franchise with the Reds BUT relocated the Reds to my fictional city of New Philadelphia. I am using the new Texas stadium as my new stadium. The new team name is the New Philly NickleRockets :D. My dad’s side of the family is from New Philadelphia, PA and they have their own lingo there. A “nicklerocket” is an old beat up baseball :D . Anyways, I did a fantasy draft so all of the teams have different rosters.

I am going to put a video up here in a bit. Had a great ending to a recent game and just had to document it.
PSN Name - EPDiablo25

Diablo25
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by Diablo25 »

Ok, here is the video I mentioned above. Late in the game vs. the Pirates I am down 3-2. Cory Seager made the final out in the 8th so I do a double switch replacing him with Gregorius and bring in Blevins to pitch. He gets out of the 8th unscathed. My catcher, Salvador Perez, works a walk to lead off the 9th bringing up Gregorius who promptly hits a 2 strike game tying HR. I ended up closing out the game in the bottom of the 9th. The presentation value in the game is just superb. SD Studios hired a dude that worked for ESPN in their graphics and presentation dept and he has done a great job in The Show 20. Anyways, here is the video. The colors are a bit washed out because when HDR is active on the PS4 it affects video capture.

PSN Name - EPDiablo25

pigpen81
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by pigpen81 »

Bill, for some reason I can never view your videos. I always get an "unavailable" message.

My son has been enjoying The Show 20 so far. He says there are big improvements over 19 for what it is worth.

Diablo25
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by Diablo25 »

pigpen81 wrote:Bill, for some reason I can never view your videos. I always get an "unavailable" message.

My son has been enjoying The Show 20 so far. He says there are big improvements over 19 for what it is worth.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hAleC9i ... e=youtu.be
PSN Name - EPDiablo25