MLB The Show 20

Welcome to the Digital Sportspage forum.

Moderators: Bill_Abner, ScoopBrady

10spro
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Re: MLB The Show 20

Post by 10spro »

The cool thing when I play DD is how you invest in certain players that are bronze that turn into gems in a month or less and all of the sudden you get a competitive team. It could happen the other way around too but less often.

Diablo25
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by Diablo25 »

Tomorrow’s live developer stream involves custom leagues, etc. The dev team has really been pumping it up on social media so maybe they are planning on unveiling something big or new. Either way I will be watching at 6pm EST.
XBLive Gamertag - Diablo25
PSN Name - EPDiablo25

Diablo25
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by Diablo25 »

Custom Leagues dev stream is below. Looks very cool. Super flexible leagues in this years game.

PSN Name - EPDiablo25

Diablo25
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by Diablo25 »

Today’s dev stream...March to October improvements and presentation improvements.

PSN Name - EPDiablo25

Diablo25
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by Diablo25 »

Early release for MLB 20 is this Friday 3/13. The dev streams have been very good this year. I know DB stays away from all info prior to release but I take it all in. The dev team are a bunch of baseball junkies. Ramone Russell, Nick, Louis, etc. do a superb job every year. Every dept on the team has super qualified guys moving the game forward. Their gameplay guy is a former professional player who has done great things with the game. When watching their streams you can feel the passion they have for the game. For instance, in the stream above a new member of the team (name escapes me), who had been an ESPN employee (Graphics, presentation, etc.) for the past 10 years and loves MLB The Show, is now on the presentation team. In the stream he gives insight to how they’ve streamlined the presentation in the game.

I hear a lot of guys talk about how Sony SD just puts out a roster update every year. That is simply not true. Graphically, the game is pretty much at its ceiling on the PS4. It looks great. We will see what the next gen version of the game looks like a year from now. Animations are simply the best in any sports video game. My opinion of course. They are always adding to them. I have been playing MLB 19 consistently up until this week. I Love Diamond Dynasty, Conquest, Moments, Road to the Show and Franchise. They are always improving their current modes and releasing new ones. Showdown mode has been added this year (see below). Those who are excited for the game on the Xbox next year will not be disappointed. It’s the best sports video game on the market.

PSN Name - EPDiablo25

dbdynsty25
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by dbdynsty25 »

Diablo25 wrote:Early release for MLB 20 is this Friday 3/13. The dev streams have been very good this year. I know DB stays away from all info prior to release but I take it all in. The dev team are a bunch of baseball junkies.
Indeed, haven't watched a single video or even seen a screen shot! Dedicated to the no spoilers game!

Rodster
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by Rodster »

Are there any significant improvements to RTTS?

Diablo25
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by Diablo25 »

Rodster wrote:Are there any significant improvements to RTTS?
Live stream about Road to the Show...

PSN Name - EPDiablo25

dbdynsty25
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by dbdynsty25 »

Could there be any better timing for the Show this year? Eesh.

tjung0831
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by tjung0831 »

I bought the MVP edition...it's downloaded and ready to go at 11pm but I won't play it until tomorrow night. Best game of the year every year as far as I'm concerned....
Tim

"tjungin it"

PS4 - tjung0831
Xbox - NHLTIM

Danimal
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by Danimal »

If you plugged in the last 3 year versions of the game and didn't show me the box or a title screen and turned off the volume so they didn't say the edition I couldn't tell the difference between them. I'm going with RBI baseball on the PC it's cheap and will get the job done.
Follow Me on:
YouTube - www.youtube.com/maxpixelation/
Twitch - twitch.tv/maximumpixelation
Twitter - twitter.com/maxpixelation

dbdynsty25
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by dbdynsty25 »

Danimal wrote:If you plugged in the last 3 year versions of the game and didn't show me the box or a title screen and turned off the volume so they didn't say the edition I couldn't tell the difference between them. I'm going with RBI baseball on the PC it's cheap and will get the job done.
As much as I agree The Show doesn't need to be a yearly release (just like Madden or any other sports game), this is kind of extreme. There are quite a few differences this year, the most important being the throwing mechanic. It's much more intuitive...you know why your throw was bad, offline, whatever. Previously it was a crap shoot 99 percent of the time. I absolutely love this part of the game.

I'm also only a Franchise guy...I don't play RTTS or any of the other modes normally...so I really only care about on field stuff. This year is extremely polished after 4 games...and they REALLY did a good job with having the minor league rosters included. Most of the higher end Braves prospects all have the correct faces and batting stances too, amazingly. Must have been a ton of work.

That said, I bought RBI 20 also for the switch...for mobile baseball. :)

Danimal
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by Danimal »

Wasn't trying to take a shot at the game just I don't see a difference and I'm not paying $60 to see if I feel one. I really just want to hit, pitch and make throws I don't need to field manually or overly complex running mechanics etc. If the game ever comes to the PC I'll give it another shot but I don't like baseball enough anymore to drop the money.
Follow Me on:
YouTube - www.youtube.com/maxpixelation/
Twitch - twitch.tv/maximumpixelation
Twitter - twitter.com/maxpixelation

Rodster
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by Rodster »

Danimal wrote:Wasn't trying to take a shot at the game just I don't see a difference and I'm not paying $60 to see if I feel one. I really just want to hit, pitch and make throws I don't need to field manually or overly complex running mechanics etc. If the game ever comes to the PC I'll give it another shot but I don't like baseball enough anymore to drop the money.
Dan, have you tried Super Mega Baseball? I'd think you would like that game a lot. The next release in the series looks really good and it plays a good game of baseball.

10spro
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by 10spro »

Just sharing some gameplay as the game was installing. Was down 0-3 and slowly started to read Verlander’s pitches better. Also changed the hitting view and started hitting homers. Too many for my taste on this particular game that ended on my favor 10-4.

Noticed some of the new animations, did noticed a black screen a couple of times for about 5 seconds before the gameplay would resume which was annoying.

tjung0831
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by tjung0831 »

Finally got my first game in last night. A’s and Mike Fiers taking on me playing as the Rangers and Corey Kluber. First thoughts...the game is much more polished than previous editions. The game play and the animations are extremely smooth. Best version of the show yet as far as I’m concerned.
As for the game...All Star hitting and pitching level for me. Fiers was tough to hit the first inning , struck me out twice but I was able to break through in the 2nd inning with two runs...neither by homerun. A’s turned around and tied it up in the 3rd and it was 2-2 heading into the 5th when Elvis Andrus went deep for my first home run with the new game. I was able to add on an insurance run in the 6th to make it 4-2 and was feeling pretty good. Kluber was in grove and I felt pretty confident. A’s brought in Diekman in the 7th...he struck out my first two batters and then Odor came up...wasn’t feeling good with the left handed Odor facing a hard slider throwing lefty but Odor crushed one to dead center...nobody even moved. 445ft shot to make it 5-2. Danny Santana homered in the 8th to make it 6-2 and that’s how it ended.
2-7-0 for the A’s
6-11-2 for the Rangers
Game was extremely fun and felt like I earned the win. Kluber had several instances of tough situations and I was able to work out of it. Lots of strategy. Another thing I liked...Fiers pitch count was high very quick...that is the one thing I love about the show is working the pitch counts.
MLB The Show continues to be crown jewel of sports gaming
Tim

"tjungin it"

PS4 - tjung0831
Xbox - NHLTIM

Diablo25
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by Diablo25 »

Yeah this years version is top notch. The new Showdown Mode is fun. Super improvements made to the defensive/throwing mechanic, custom leagues, inclusion of minor league rosters, expansion of March to October, much improved presentations, etc. all done well. The game is definitely smoother and the audio is improved. As always, the animations in The Show, and there are many new ones, are the best in sports video games. Ramone’s team at San Diego Studios does a tremendous job with this series and it will be even better next year when everyone can play it.
PSN Name - EPDiablo25

tjung0831
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by tjung0831 »

Diablo25 wrote:Yeah this years version is top notch. The new Showdown Mode is fun. Super improvements made to the defensive/throwing mechanic, custom leagues, inclusion of minor league rosters, expansion of March to October, much improved presentations, etc. all done well. The game is definitely smoother and the audio is improved. As always, the animations in The Show, and there are many new ones, are the best in sports video games. Ramone’s team at San Diego Studios does a tremendous job with this series and it will be even better next year when everyone can play it.

Yeah not many people mentioning it but the sound is much improved. Very noticeable right away too.
Tim

"tjungin it"

PS4 - tjung0831
Xbox - NHLTIM

FifaInspected
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by FifaInspected »

Hey all.

Just curious if anyone can provide some framerate feedback for a normal PS4. I don't care about cut-scenes or replays.. Just while the ball is in play.
Thanks.
PSN - Fifa-Inspected
XBOX - Fifa Inspected

tjung0831
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by tjung0831 »

I’m playing on a regular PS4 and the game is smooth as butter. I think all the guys having issues are playing on the Pro with fancy settings or something because I see no issues at all.
Tim

"tjungin it"

PS4 - tjung0831
Xbox - NHLTIM

FifaInspected
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by FifaInspected »

tjung0831 wrote:I’m playing on a regular PS4 and the game is smooth as butter. I think all the guys having issues are playing on the Pro with fancy settings or something because I see no issues at all.

Thanks, Much.
PSN - Fifa-Inspected
XBOX - Fifa Inspected

10spro
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by 10spro »

I never used the needle meter to judge my throws in the past but having it on default settings, I must say that I like it so far. It adds a factor whereas you need to be sharp, and concentrate on your throws. You only have one shot at it and depending on the fielder’s ability and difficulty of the throw, nailing that green may not be as easy as it looks.

The outfielders seem more in tune with their movements making their first step more realistic and reacting more accurately with in fly balls situations.

Playing on the Pro, I did set the game on HDR which probably caused the game to go black on me at several occasions, and while I saw no frame rate issues I may leave it on default or choose the 1080P option.

dbdynsty25
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by dbdynsty25 »

There are still definitely frame rate issues on the Pro even with the balanced settings. So it’s not perfect by any means but slightly more polished than last year. I could move to fast, but you lose some of the luster. It really only affects the pitching meter every once in a while, so that’s pretty much why it’s getting so much attention. It can really destroy your game with one mistake pitch at the wrong time.

tjung0831
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by tjung0831 »

If they can't get this game to run right on the PS4 Pro.....how are we to believe it's going to be any better on the PS5? Glad I kept my day launch edition PS4 and didn't upgrade as that would be very disappointing to have frame rate issues. I can play in HDR on my PS4 but then because of Samsung TV....I get controller lag issues but the game looks 100x better in HDR for sure. I turn HDR off though and get a fantastic game of ball from the show.
Tim

"tjungin it"

PS4 - tjung0831
Xbox - NHLTIM

tjung0831
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by tjung0831 »

The worst thing about the this years version of the Show is the Soundtrack. Holy balls is it bad.. Luckily I have a Show's greatest hits of some of my favorite songs from their sound tracks over the years and it's already been imported.
Tim

"tjungin it"

PS4 - tjung0831
Xbox - NHLTIM