Spintires:Mudrunner

Welcome to the Digital Sportspage forum.

Moderators: Bill_Abner, ScoopBrady

Teal
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Spintires:Mudrunner

Post by Teal »

This one just popped up on game pass, and I've been intrigued by it's high reviews in the xb store for some time. I couldn't understand how a game that is just trying to drive in the mud could get such great reviews.

I can't stop playing.

It's a simple premise. You have challenges that act as physics based puzzles, like driving a Jeep up a ridiculously narrow path, while in cockpit view, without using a winch or damaging the vehicle. Or hauling a trailer to a point and unloading it. Sounds simple, but very challenging. The physics are amazing. Just trying to navigate the soggiest terrain in the history of terrain is strangely addicting. Getting in a rut, attaching a winch to a tree, and attempting to extract yourself, gives a sense of satisfaction I honestly wasn't prepared for. There's also online MP, which I'd imagine could wind up being funny as hell with friends. I'm addicted at how much fun I've had. Hell, it's free on gamepass...give it a look.
Last edited by Teal on Fri Dec 14, 2018 7:43 pm, edited 1 time in total.
www.trailheadoutfitters.org
trailheadoutfitters.wordpress.com
facebook.com/Intentional.Fatherhood

DChaps
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Re: Spintires:Mudrunner

Post by DChaps »

Oh yeah, great game on PC with loads of free mods. I have not tried the console version yet. I doubt this is part of the game pass, but you will want to add the American Wilds expansion.
Upgrade your Spintires: MudRunner with the American Wilds Expansion and enjoy a slew of new content, including 7 iconic US trucks from household brands like Ford, Hummer and Chevrolet, dozens of new vehicles add-ons, 2 new sandbox maps inspired by the rough lands of Montana and North Dakota, and 2 new challenge maps!