Battlefield retrospective

Welcome to the Digital Sportspage forum.

Moderators: Bill_Abner, ScoopBrady

Your favorite Battlefield game from the list below?

Battlefield: Bad Company 2
50%
Battlefield 3
14%
Battlefield 4
21%
Battlefield: Hardline
No votes
Battlefield 1
14%
Battlefield V
No votes

Total votes: 14

pk500
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Battlefield retrospective

Post by pk500 »

Had some fun in the last three days by downloading every Battlefield game available in the EA Access Vault except for 1943 and the original Bad Company, playing all for kicks and comparisons.

Let's just say Battlefield V doesn't stack up well to its brethren. Here's my ranking of all, in order from best to worst.

1. Battlefield 3 (COD: MW is the only better modern warfare shooter. Superb across the board.)
2. Battlefield 1 (Excellent graphics, new Operations mode, new WW I era.)
3. Battlefield: Hardline (Such an underrated game that ages like fine wine every time I play it. Great modes, maps, ballistics, attitude.)
4. Battlefield: Bad Company 2 (No prone is a KILLER for an otherwise superb game. Would be the best BF if prone was available.)
5. Battlefield 4 (Good maps, but the ballistics just feel off to me. Very hard to shoot steadily. Plus vehicles are far too dominant.)
6. Battlefield V (A mess. Glitchy animation. Ridiculously fast time to kill. Frantic, unfocused. Boring maps, including the Norwegian mountain map that feels like it was lifted right from Star Wars Battlefront. Feels like a pasted-together WWII greatest hits instead of cohesive maps and squad teamwork. A regression for DICE and the series. COD: WWII is a better game in almost every area, and I'm far from a COD aficionado even though I enjoy WWII and BO:4.)
"You know why I love boxers? I love them because they face fear. And they face it alone." - Nick Charles

"First on the throttle, last on the brakes." - @MotoGP Twitter signature

XBL Gamertag: pk4425

10spro
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Re: Battlefield retrospective

Post by 10spro »

In terms of WW2 theme I am sticking with BF1, loved the maps, DLC expansion and wonderful sounds & visuals.

For modern times I am picking BF4, massive maps with great all out bloody intense infantry confrontations. The China expansion map was a bonus, I remember it had a lot of bugs in the beginning, ended with a Big Bang for me. One of my favorites followed by Bad Company 2 in the original Xbox days.

dbdynsty25
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by dbdynsty25 »

Definitely a Battlefield 4 fan...probably the one I played the most on my PC/PS4. Installed and played about an hour or two of the last one (Battlefield 1) and never played it again. Not sure why really...just didn’t have the pull I guess.

Spooky
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by Spooky »

I've played most of those and for the life of me I can't remember which one is which...?! I'm definitely not feeling the BF formula in general nowadays though.
XBL Gamertag: Spooky Disco

Teal
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by Teal »

I liked 4, but I have to say that BC2 was my high water mark. However, the Vietnam expansion was the greatest dlc ever. Was that for 3?
www.trailheadoutfitters.org
trailheadoutfitters.wordpress.com
facebook.com/Intentional.Fatherhood

Danimal
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by Danimal »

BC2 is my favorite game. IMO BF 5 is not as terrible as you make it out to be but I'm playing n the PC so maybe there is a difference. I don't see any glitch animations for example. The time to kill as you put it, is no different then any recent BF game I've played. The maps aren't great i will agree there.

After playing Post Scriptum however it makes BF and COD look like the arcade shooters they are so I'm no longer playing either of them.
Follow Me on:
YouTube - www.youtube.com/maxpixelation/
Twitch - twitch.tv/maximumpixelation
Twitter - twitter.com/maxpixelation

pk500
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by pk500 »

Teal wrote:I liked 4, but I have to say that BC2 was my high water mark. However, the Vietnam expansion was the greatest dlc ever. Was that for 3?
I think Vietnam DLC was for original Bad Company.
"You know why I love boxers? I love them because they face fear. And they face it alone." - Nick Charles

pk500
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by pk500 »

Danimal wrote:After playing Post Scriptum however it makes BF and COD look like the arcade shooters they are so I'm no longer playing either of them.
You f*cker! Work with the devs to get that game ported to console! :)

Wilk5280
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by Wilk5280 »

BF4
Bad Company 2
BF3
Bad Company
BF1
BF Hardline

Haven't played enough of BFV to evaluate and rank.
GT = Wilk5280

Pete1210
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by Pete1210 »

My favorite is still BF 1942. I’m a huge WW2 history buff. I played the heck out of that game and all the expansions on the PC. Then you got the free desert (modern) combat mod. I would love to see some of those BF 1942 maps remastered in BF V.

Out of the games in the poll I voted Battlefield Bad Co 2 for the overall package. MP in modern setting plus the Vietnam DLC. And the off-beat single player story.

Next would be BF3 and BF4. I think the single player campaign in those games gets overlooked.

Then BF1. I didn’t play enough of that one due to other games competing for my time. I never did figure out the weapon unlocks and progression. I didn’t care for the end game behemoths.

Then Hardline. This one may have had the best single player story mode. On MP I prefer the war based games (unless its Star Wars BF!), but I had some good times on a few of those Hardline maps.

BF V is too early to place. Remember that BF 4 was a hot mess at launch. I expect the patches to also help BFV. I am already enjoying it more than BF1 and looking forward to the new coop mode and Battlefield’s take on battle royale.

Battlefield is by far my favorite PvP shooter. I feel like I am helping the team, even though I am not the quickest or best shot, by healing, throwing ammo, spotting, capturing points, etc. You really need to be playing with a squad of friends to fully appreciate the multiplayer.
XBL/PSN: Pete1210

greggsand
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by greggsand »

Which one had Omar from the wire? That was my fav. The single player was incredible.
My Tesla referral code - get free supercharger miles!! https://ts.la/gregg43474

Danimal
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by Danimal »

Pete1210 wrote:looking forward to the new coop mode and Battlefield’s take on battle royale.
This is when I will go back, when the co-op mode is out. The way they detail it makes it sound like it will be fun.
Follow Me on:

pk500
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by pk500 »

Danimal wrote:
Pete1210 wrote:looking forward to the new coop mode and Battlefield’s take on battle royale.
This is when I will go back, when the co-op mode is out. The way they detail it makes it sound like it will be fun.
Same, as long as I can buy it for $30 or less. Might grab it for that price now just in case the Battle Royale and co-op modes and needed patches breathe new life and demand into this title, eliminating the discounts EA is allowing now to boost sales.

You know this game is bombing at the cash register because EA is offering a 50 percent discount on both the Standard and Deluxe Xbox One versions of BF V in the Microsoft Store to Access members. The Access discount is usually 10 percent.

Danimal
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by Danimal »

Oh it's for sure bombing and their doubling down at the Dice summit to insult their core base who might of been considering buying this hurt them even more.

My comments should come with an asterisk, I got this game as part of my Origin Premier PC access. For $100 I've gotten Madden, FIFA, BF V and a slew of other title like BF 1, SWBF2, Unravel 2, OOTP Baseball etc etc and every game is whatever the deluxe version of the game is.

Sure they all go away when my year is up if I don't renew but for $100 I'm playing titles that would of cost me $59.99 at launch.

As DJ Klaied would say "it's a no brainer"
Follow Me on:

Teal
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by Teal »

Yeah, I don't give a damn how much they fix V. They continue to shoot their own foot with their tone deafness. I'll never purchase BF:V.
www.trailheadoutfitters.org
trailheadoutfitters.wordpress.com
facebook.com/Intentional.Fatherhood

Diablo25
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by Diablo25 »

BF3 is my favorite. I had too much fun on that and BF4. I can still remember when PK got into his first BF3 match with me back on the 360 and he was stunned. I was flying a chopper on that desert/oil rig map and Paul started humming the song from Appocolypse Now :lol: Fun s***.
XBLive Gamertag - Diablo25
PSN Name - EPDiablo25

pk500
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by pk500 »

Hahahahahaha. Those were great DSP times, Bill!

FifaInspected
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by FifaInspected »

I like BC2 but also really liked 3 and 4. 4 was my favorite. I picked up V at best buy for $39 last week and have been having a blast playing on PS4. Agree on the maps, although i'm partial to Rotterdam.
PSN - Fifa-Inspected
XBOX - Fifa Inspected