NCAA FOOTBALL

Welcome to the Digital Sportspage forum.

Moderators: Bill_Abner, ScoopBrady

XXXIV
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

NCAA FOOTBALL

Post by XXXIV »

Watching Ohio ST in a hurry up offense up 7 in the 4th quarter because they desperately need to crush Northwestern to get into the 4 team playoff is so f***in sad.

Expand the playoff to freaking eight teams.

This is pathetic.

And no one gives a f*** about number 8 or 9 ...I dont.

MAKE IT 8!

XXXIV
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Re: NCAA FOOTBALL

Post by XXXIV »

Try

Danimal
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by Danimal »

Ohio State doesn't deserve to be in the top 4 so you won't need to worry about it.
Follow Me on:
YouTube - www.youtube.com/maxpixelation/
Twitch - twitch.tv/maximumpixelation
Twitter - twitter.com/maxpixelation

XXXIV
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by XXXIV »

Danimal wrote:Ohio State doesn't deserve to be in the top 4 so you won't need to worry about it.
I care about a team in a hurry up offense up 7-14 -21 points midway to late in the 4th qtr..

Its... say it 10s...disgusting.

Make it 8 teams already.

Sudz
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by Sudz »

8 is too many. Go with 6. 1,2 = bye. 3-6. play winners play 1-2.

Bama
Clemson
GA
Notre Dame (though they need to join a conference at this point)

XXXIV
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by XXXIV »

Sudz wrote: Notre Dame (though they need to join a conference at this point)

Yes. its embarrassing that this business corporation is allowed to function as it does.

Parasites.

Danimal
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by Danimal »

XXXIV wrote:
Danimal wrote:Ohio State doesn't deserve to be in the top 4 so you won't need to worry about it.
I care about a team in a hurry up offense up 7-14 -21 points midway to late in the 4th qtr..

Make it 8 teams already.
Oh well yeah but this is the way it always is in CFB, gotta have those style points. Honestly I thought Northwestern played them well and showed OSU is not a top 4 team. They put up those points at the end when NU kind of new the game was over and their intensity level dropped.
Follow Me on:

Murph
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by Murph »

On a related subject, I’ve been ‘Jones-ing’ so badly for a college football videogame lately that I almost went out and repurchased a 360 and NCAA 14 just to get a ‘fix’.
XBL: Murph1
PSN: Murph_1

Danimal
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by Danimal »

Murph wrote:On a related subject, I’ve been ‘Jones-ing’ so badly for a college football videogame lately that I almost went out and repurchased a 360 and NCAA 14 just to get a ‘fix’.
I still have both, my advice is don't as it doesn't hold up.
Follow Me on:

Aristo
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by Aristo »

XXXIV wrote:

Make it 8 teams already.
Eight would be much better. Still think 16, with all 10 conference champions and six wildcards would be the best. Once you do that, major college football become a real sport. On day one, every single team in the country will have a shot to win the championship if they just win their games. We can see how the UCFs of the world can match-up without everyone crying about who the best teams are.

But that's probably impossible. If it was possible, then every other level of college football would also have playoffs of more than 16 teams.
XBL Gamertag: JayhawkerStL

Teal
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by Teal »

Aristo wrote:
XXXIV wrote:

Make it 8 teams already.
Eight would be much better. Still think 16, with all 10 conference champions and six wildcards would be the best. Once you do that, major college football become a real sport. On day one, every single team in the country will have a shot to win the championship if they just win their games. We can see how the UCFs of the world can match-up without everyone crying about who the best teams are.

But that's probably impossible. If it was possible, then every other level of college football would also have playoffs of more than 16 teams.
FCS has been doing playoffs for decades. It works, and there's no justification for it not being implemented. My Alma mater, JSU, has been in the playoffs five years in a row.
www.trailheadoutfitters.org
trailheadoutfitters.wordpress.com
facebook.com/Intentional.Fatherhood

Aristo
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by Aristo »

XBL Gamertag: JayhawkerStL

pk500
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by pk500 »

Urban Meyer "retiring" as head coach of Ohio State. That's hilarious. His ego needs fuel, and it will come after yet another miraculous recovery from his health problems, aided by a $10 million-per-year contract to coach USC or UCLA in 2020.
"You know why I love boxers? I love them because they face fear. And they face it alone." - Nick Charles

"First on the throttle, last on the brakes." - @MotoGP Twitter signature

XBL Gamertag: pk4425

pk500
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by pk500 »

Another possible destination for Meyer, suggested by a college friend of mine: Green Bay.

The lack of an individual owner in Green Bay should appeal to Urban's desire to control almost everything and answer to almost no one. So does the "second coming of Lombardi" God complex, which I'm sure he'd embrace. College and pro offenses maybe have never been closer in scheme and execution, so ...
"You know why I love boxers? I love them because they face fear. And they face it alone." - Nick Charles

XXXIV
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by XXXIV »

Clemson laying it to Alabama in the first half.

That freshman qb WOW!. Talk about fearless . The total opposite of that chicken s*** Goff.

Lets see if Bama can make it a game in the second half.....

Fun game to watch. Especially cause I dont care who wins.

XXXIV
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by XXXIV »

Watching this Clemson freshman qb play is sick...

TOTAL opposite of Goff. This is a man!

f***in awesome!

XXXIV
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by XXXIV »

Gratz to Clemson!

One hell of a beat down!

Danimal
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by Danimal »

Watching Bama get destroyed was a great time.
Follow Me on:

J_Cauthen
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by J_Cauthen »

Danimal wrote:Watching Bama get destroyed was a great time.
I'm not a fan of either team, but I was looking forward to an entertaining football game. After Alabama gambled and failed on the fake field goal, which everyone in the stadium seemed to be expecting, and Clemson took it right down and scoreed, the game was over IMO.

The head-scratcher for me is why is the National Championship game for football and basketball played on Monday nights!? That always seems to be so inconvenient and anti-climactic :? It was a heck of a performance by Clemson though, but dayum... we didn't have one competitive game in the playoffs. An eight team playoff would have probably ended with the same lopsided results, at least in the final three games, but we might have had a shot at a decent game in the first round.

pk500
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by pk500 »

I can't remember the last time I saw a Saban-coached 'Bama team look this inept and clueless. Enjoyed it. :)

Is anyone else tired of these two teams playing for the national championship? Funny, all I heard from non-NBA fans during the Warriors-Cavs four-play of Finals' runs were complaints about seeing the same two teams in the Finals. Yet we have almost the same thing in college football, with no free agency or trades to stunt this matchup from happening again, again and again.

I bet odds are even money that 'Bama and Clemson will be in the playoffs again next season. So much talent. Saban and Swinney have five-star players on their second and third strings. Syracuse has two four-star recruits -- and no fives -- on its entire roster.

https://www.si.com/college-football/201 ... on-alabama

http://www.espn.com/chalk/story/_/id/25 ... imson-tide

pk500
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by pk500 »

Looks like I'm not the only one tiring of this Clemson-Alabama matchup: http://www.sportsmediawatch.com/2019/01 ... ghts-espn/

Teal
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by Teal »

I'm sick of Alabama, but if teams don't want em there, they need to beat em.
www.trailheadoutfitters.org
trailheadoutfitters.wordpress.com
facebook.com/Intentional.Fatherhood

RobVarak
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by RobVarak »

Teal wrote:I'm sick of Alabama, but if teams don't want em there, they need to beat em.
Yeah, I don't get it. At no time in this string of seasons have they not been the two best teams.

Oh, I'm sorry. I forgot about UCF :roll:
XBL Gamertag: RobVarak

"Ok I'm an elitist, but I have a healthy respect for people who don't measure up." --Aaron Sorkin

Danimal
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by Danimal »

RobVarak wrote: Oh, I'm sorry. I forgot about UCF :roll:
I'm not the biggest CFB fan but the UCF thing just shows me what a horrible system CFB has. They clearly can't hang with Bama or Clemson but I would bet they could hang with Notre Dame. So why does a team that is not part of a conference and hasn't played a decent schedule in years get to live off past accolades while other teams that go undefeated can't get a shot. I'm more sick of the Irish fake hype every year then Bama or Clemson.

CFB system will never be fixed because no matter how many teams you expand too because of the sport.
Follow Me on:

RobVarak
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by RobVarak »

Danimal wrote:
RobVarak wrote: Oh, I'm sorry. I forgot about UCF :roll:
I'm not the biggest CFB fan but the UCF thing just shows me what a horrible system CFB has. They clearly can't hang with Bama or Clemson but I would bet they could hang with Notre Dame. So why does a team that is not part of a conference and hasn't played a decent schedule in years get to live off past accolades while other teams that go undefeated can't get a shot. I'm more sick of the Irish fake hype every year then Bama or Clemson.

CFB system will never be fixed because no matter how many teams you expand too because of the sport.
I'd be more sympathetic to that argument, specifically with regard to UCF, if they didn't go through that idiotic "real national champs" charade last year. Then they compound things by refusing to take a 2-for-1 against Florida. They're high on their own supply.
XBL Gamertag: RobVarak

"Ok I'm an elitist, but I have a healthy respect for people who don't measure up." --Aaron Sorkin