Post Scriptum WW2 (PC)

Welcome to the Digital Sportspage forum.

Moderators: Bill_Abner, ScoopBrady

Danimal
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post Scriptum WW2 (PC)

Post by Danimal »

I imagine most of you won't care about this but I've found my WW2 squad level dream game. It's called Post Scriptum and it's bloody fantastic.

In this game you need to join a company, whether it is command, infantry, logistic or armor. Command gives orders to the platoon leaders who relay them to the team. Each section has roles, in the video below I was a medic, but in a previous game I controlled a German MG-42 my sole job was to lay suppression fire. I didn't have one kill but to a man my other 8 squad mates gave me props for my work on the MG. Spotting is f***in hard, your team mates show up with their names above their heads, but that doesn't mean it is safe. You might see a team mates name but there might be 5 enemies in between you and him. When you are able to see someone at a distance the only way to be sure it is an enemy is to see how they run. Like they were trained in WW@, Germans run carrying their gun in one hand, the Brits with both hands on the weapon. My first game I was in a tank on the main gun and blew up a truck full of my own guys. LOL

I'm still really new and luckily in these session today I got hitched on with a squad who knew what they were doing. It really felt great just doing my part. Hopefully this link skips the first 10 minutes because I was slow to spawn and I missed the half tracks so had to hoof it to the front. By the time I got there they had placed an FOB so I could of just waited and spawned in on that. This is one of the most tactical games I have played and honestly a little intimidating.

Check it out if you're interested.

https://www.twitch.tv/videos/341142822##
Follow Me on:
YouTube - www.youtube.com/maxpixelation/
Twitch - twitch.tv/maximumpixelation
Twitter - twitter.com/maxpixelation

Diablo25
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Re: Post Scriptum WW2 (PC)

Post by Diablo25 »

Looks pretty cool. I love squad based games. I wish there was a next gen version of Brothers in Arms. Loved that game.
XBLive Gamertag - Diablo25
PSN Name - EPDiablo25

Danimal
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by Danimal »

Probably the most tactical game I've ever played. I got lucky in the video and had a great squad leader who knew what he was doing, makes the experience so much better.
Follow Me on:

Teal
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by Teal »

I've followed this game awhile. If it ever becomes an xb1 game, I'll be in hog heaven.
www.trailheadoutfitters.org
trailheadoutfitters.wordpress.com
facebook.com/Intentional.Fatherhood

pk500
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by pk500 »

If only I had a good gaming PC. I spent hours upon hours playing Avalon Hill's classic board wargame Squad Leader as a pre-teen and teen. This sounds like the virtual version.

Enjoy!
"You know why I love boxers? I love them because they face fear. And they face it alone." - Nick Charles

"First on the throttle, last on the brakes." - @MotoGP Twitter signature

XBL Gamertag: pk4425

Danimal
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by Danimal »

We had a snow day yesterday so I must of played this for 5 or 6 hours.

I think I found my addiction, I applied for recruitment into a division and have gone through the interview process (yes I'm that much of a nerd) and now they will put me through training where we get on the test servers and they run me through the different roles and how they work. LOL so crazy excited.
Follow Me on:

Danimal
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by Danimal »

I know I'm mainly talking to myself so I won't do it a lot but I have my first division training this weekend. We our practicing breaching and cover maneuvers. After that we're playing a 3 match game against another unit with 1 death rules. So you die once you're out of the match until the next one. Odds of me being the 1st one out are pretty good. :D
Follow Me on:

Diablo25
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by Diablo25 »

Danimal wrote:I know I'm mainly talking to myself so I won't do it a lot but I have my first division training this weekend. We our practicing breaching and cover maneuvers. After that we're playing a 3 match game against another unit with 1 death rules. So you die once you're out of the match until the next one. Odds of me being the 1st one out are pretty good. :D
I love that there are cats out there that are THAT serious about gaming and there are games that allow you to get that deep and “Geeky”.
XBLive Gamertag - Diablo25
PSN Name - EPDiablo25

Teal
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by Teal »

This sounds right up my alley, but I don't PC game. Needs to come to consoles. I've seen videos. This looks way better than BFV.
www.trailheadoutfitters.org
trailheadoutfitters.wordpress.com
facebook.com/Intentional.Fatherhood

Danimal
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by Danimal »

Teal wrote:This sounds right up my alley, but I don't PC game. Needs to come to consoles. I've seen videos. This looks way better than BFV.
I'll let you know if I find out that is happening. This game is still early in development.

Squad was also talking about this one coming out in the future.

https://youtu.be/b6FazLWlul4

Sorry can never get the youtube tag to work here.
Follow Me on:

pk500
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by pk500 »

Watched this vid: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xUEdhQhWqWo

Damn, this game looks incredible. Sort of like hardcore original Ghost Recon or Operation Flashpoint for WW II?

I LOVE the map interface the guy keeps pulling up as he maneuvers. Slick!

Really hope this comes to console!
"You know why I love boxers? I love them because they face fear. And they face it alone." - Nick Charles

"First on the throttle, last on the brakes." - @MotoGP Twitter signature

XBL Gamertag: pk4425