Assassin's Creed Odyssey

Welcome to the Digital Sportspage forum.

Moderators: Bill_Abner, ScoopBrady

Danimal
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Re: Assassin's Creed Odyssey

Post by Danimal »

I'm going to have a hard time pulling myself away from this game for RDR 2, yep I said it.

Unbelievable to me this thread is so small. Ya'll are missing out on the best game of the year.
Follow Me on:
YouTube - www.youtube.com/maxpixelation/
Twitch - twitch.tv/maximumpixelation
Twitter - twitter.com/maxpixelation

Diablo25
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by Diablo25 »

Danimal wrote:I'm going to have a hard time pulling myself away from this game for RDR 2, yep I said it.

Unbelievable to me this thread is so small. Ya'll are missing out on the best game of the year.
I absolutely believe you that the game is great. I’ll probably get to it eventually. That being said, somehow I think it will be #2 by the end of the week. I just think RD2 is going to be a generational game. I could be wrong. I did enjoy and finish AC Origins which is a rarity for me.
XBLive Gamertag - Diablo25
PSN Name - EPDiablo25

TCrouch
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by TCrouch »

That's where I'm at, Diablo. AC Odyssey is one of the best games I've ever played. It's a stunning achievement. But it's SO big, and RDR2 was coming right behind it, that I've been playing through it at what feels like a rushed pace. The more I read/see on RDR2, and with how much I loved the first game, I fully expect RDR2 to be genre-defining as far as open world games.

Odyssey is a game that I'll come back to and play for years, anytime I'm looking for a melee combat loot-fest game. And the fact that its setting hasn't really been done by many games outside of Titan Quest, it's got a unique niche. The past three weeks, I've constantly thought to myself how amazing Odyssey is...and then wished that it didn't come out in the same window as RDR2.

Thankfully, I've got them both digitally, so I can pick Odyssey back up when the game release window dies down in Dec/Jan without worry of "the next big thing". I just really do think that RDR2 is going to change the genre, based on everything I've read and seen.

Danimal
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by Danimal »

Diablo25 wrote:I absolutely believe you that the game is great. I’ll probably get to it eventually. That being said, somehow I think it will be #2 by the end of the week. I just think RD2 is going to be a generational game. I could be wrong. I did enjoy and finish AC Origins which is a rarity for me.
I don't disagree with that, RDR2 could be such a game. It is just a shame that many people will miss this game because of that game coming out. I've never, finished an AC game. I'm usually done with it by now, this game has me playing every free second I have.
Follow Me on:

Danimal
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by Danimal »

Every day this game impresses me more. I've spent the last 3 days on this island, now in talking to Terry who is much further ahead of me he never even went to this island. Anyway this island is full of quests but I've been following a quest line about a group called the Dagger. It's been a bunch of linked quests and I won't ruin the story but it is really, really good. Just when I thought it was finishing it threw me a curve ball and now I need to go to a whole other island to finish it. This is a side quest chain mind you, I haven't pursued my Odyssey quest in a week.

There are just so many things going on, so many systems and it all works to create a believable world that just goes on around you. This is really a game you need to savior to appreciate, if I had just jumped to the next odyssey quest I would of missed all of this.
Follow Me on:

XXXIV
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by XXXIV »

I played RDR 2 to out of the mountains and my first thought was to get back to this game.

Yeah yeah I know RDR 2 will maybe be the best game I ever play but I dont want to let this game go away forever and that is what will happen.... If I focus in in the RDR 2 I will never come back.... Im going to ride this game out....

Danimal
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by Danimal »

XXXIV wrote:I played RDR 2 to out of the mountains and my first thought was to get back to this game.

Yeah yeah I know RDR 2 will maybe be the best game I ever play but I dont want to let this game go away forever and that is what will happen.... If I focus in in the RDR 2 I will never come back.... Im going to ride this game out....
Yep and for me this is GOTY without question. It won't win because of RDR 2 but it is way more fun to play.
Follow Me on:

TCrouch
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by TCrouch »

Yes, between this and RDR2, that's something like 200 hours of gaming time you could invest in two open worlds. I'm going to be busy between the two until the release schedule picks back up in February, I think.

XXXIV
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by XXXIV »

Terry good call on Poseidon's trident or whatever its called. It sure does make going under water easy.

This is pure fun without worry and there is actually a story.

Having a great time just sailing the Aegean and the med. Island hopping.

Well crafted, massive, fun to play, beautiful game.

RDR2 you are having to wait . Im really loving this game and Im not letting you ruin it.

Danimal
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by Danimal »

XXXIV wrote: RDR2 you are having to wait . Im really loving this game and Im not letting you ruin it.
Take it from someone who has tried, you can't bounce between the 2 games, the pacing difference in just the character movement will make you hate RDR.

RDR 2 might be more impressive game, this one is 100% more fun for me anyway. I'm going to finish this myself and then get to RDR 2 over the holidays.
Follow Me on:

Danimal
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by Danimal »

BTW this is on sale today on Amazon for $40 for the PS4 and XB1
Follow Me on:

TCrouch
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by TCrouch »

So the new patch is apparently aimed at geeks like me who love to play dress up in RPGs.

It includes a transmog system, so that you can use the stats from any piece of gear, while making it appear as anything else you've collected in the same category.

https://assassinscreed.ubisoft.com/game ... ion-system

It also supposedly now has a more "tuned" loot system, so that it will drop pieces more geared to your chosen play style.

I honestly don't know which game I'd vote Game of the Year at this point, but Odyssey is definitely in a dead head with RDR2 for me.

Back to AC I go!

Aristo
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by Aristo »

Danimal wrote:BTW this is on sale today on Amazon for $40 for the PS4 and XB1
Bought it last night for that price. My wife has started.

I'm not really a big assassin's Creed fan, but I think this will be one I commit to. Of all the ancient civilizations, Greece and greek mythology has always been my favorite. I've played decent amounts of a few of the games, but mostly just watched my wife and daughter play the games, as it is among their favorite series. Occasionally my wife has me help her through certain sections if she is frustrated, although I never touched Origins.

My wife was asking if playing as a woman or a man makes any difference. I told her I doubted it did, and she made her female character last night. Any thoughts on that? So far, she thinks it is like the last game, but with a few positive differences. She's in love with out already.

The sale is pretty damn great right now. The new Tomb Raider is just $30. It's worth sifting though the deals, as some are fantastic. If you haven't played Arkham Asylum or Arkham City, the new remaster that has both games is just $5, and ought to be a must buy for anyone that has not taken the leap yet.
XBL Gamertag: JayhawkerStL

TCrouch
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by TCrouch »

The differences are minor. Dialogue, mostly. And the female voice actor is pretty much universally accepted as the better of the two, so it's not a bad choice.

It's very similar to Origins, just with more RPG stuff on top of it (armor pieces instead of just weapons and then an outfit that's cosmetic). It'll feel very familiar to her if she played Origins, for sure.

Danimal
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by Danimal »

TCrouch wrote:The differences are minor. Dialogue, mostly. And the female voice actor is pretty much universally accepted as the better of the two, so it's not a bad choice.
Pretty much this, I like the voice actor better and there is a lot of talking.
Follow Me on:

pk500
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by pk500 »

Standard edition $29.99 now at Ubisoft Black Friday sale: https://store.ubi.com/us/game/?dwvar_5a ... rce=detail

But there is a catch: $10 basic shipping, which is preposterous.
"You know why I love boxers? I love them because they face fear. And they face it alone." - Nick Charles

"First on the throttle, last on the brakes." - @MotoGP Twitter signature

XBL Gamertag: pk4425

TheTruth
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by TheTruth »

I got it while on sale. I am enjoying it dare I say more than RDR2. I think because there seems to be more action. Much faster pace than RDR2.
[b]Xbox Live Gamertag:[/b] [color=red]HOGZ TheTruth[/color] Wii: 7256 9991 5571 9701

Teal
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by Teal »

TheTruth wrote:I got it while on sale. I am enjoying it dare I say more than RDR2. I think because there seems to be more action. Much faster pace than RDR2.
The pace is exactly what I love most about RDR2. I don't feel harried, rushed, or compelled to do anything until I want to.
www.trailheadoutfitters.org
trailheadoutfitters.wordpress.com
facebook.com/Intentional.Fatherhood

XXXIV
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by XXXIV »

No Rams today so except for RZ watching the Steelers comeback, The panthers epic fail and the Redskins heart breaking goal post Its ACO day...

So good to see two choices i made, one early one later pay off...This game rocks!

I just get off on the views...They have so nailed Hellas! ..Sounds cheesy but its home....I may post a pic if I get drunk enough of me living on Crete when I was 4.

I love this f***in game 8)

and teal, If I remember right you were a fellow lover of the original AC game, you dont need to do anything in this game either til you wanna....

Teal
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by Teal »

XXXIV wrote:
and teal, If I remember right you were a fellow lover of the original AC game, you dont need to do anything in this game either til you wanna....
Oh, make no mistake, I'll be getting Odyssey at some point. I was just saying that I love the slow pace of RDR 2 is all.

XXXIV
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by XXXIV »

Teal wrote:
XXXIV wrote:
Oh, make no mistake, I'll be getting Odyssey at some point. I was just saying that I love the slow pace of RDR 2 is all.
Cant wait to play it. Really enjoyed the first three hours. I Just know Im far too physically unable to play both at once.

Danimal
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by Danimal »

Teal wrote:
TheTruth wrote:I got it while on sale. I am enjoying it dare I say more than RDR2. I think because there seems to be more action. Much faster pace than RDR2.
The pace is exactly what I love most about RDR2. I don't feel harried, rushed, or compelled to do anything until I want to.
Luckily there is a thread for you and RDR 2, here we will continue to discuss the game of the year in AC Odyssey. :D
Follow Me on:

TCrouch
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by TCrouch »

The new update added AUTO-CRAFTING for Arrows. Best little tidbit that I missed at first. No more "out of arrows...now I have to go into the inventory, 3 screens deep, and craft more".

Just enable auto-crafting, and it will automatically craft like 20 more arrows when you hit 0. Keep shooting!

Teal
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by Teal »

Danimal wrote:
Teal wrote:
Luckily there is a thread for you and RDR 2, here we will continue to discuss the game of the year in AC Odyssey. :D
Dude, seriously.... :roll:

Danimal
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by Danimal »

Teal wrote: Dude, seriously.... :roll:
I thought the smiley face indicated it was a joke / ribbing.

I do highly suggest getting this game, hate for you to miss out on the GOTY. :roll:
Follow Me on: