Assassin's Creed Odyssey

Welcome to the Digital Sportspage forum.

Moderators: Bill_Abner, ScoopBrady

Teal
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Re: Assassin's Creed Odyssey

Post by Teal »

XXXIV wrote:They did leave out that stupid animus s*** for the most part.

Which is a great thing.

I like the stupid Animus s***. The tie to something bigger than what the people you play as know has already been the draw. Without it, it's just a game in Greece. Or Egypt. Now, I liked the Desmond Miles track a lot better, but still...
www.trailheadoutfitters.org
trailheadoutfitters.wordpress.com
facebook.com/Intentional.Fatherhood

XXXIV
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by XXXIV »

Teal wrote:
XXXIV wrote:They did leave out that stupid animus s*** for the most part.

Which is a great thing.

I like the stupid Animus s***. The tie to something bigger than what the people you play as know has already been the draw. Without it, it's just a game in Greece. Or Egypt. Now, I liked the Desmond Miles track a lot better, but still...
I know some people like it and I understand. I dont . Broke up the flow and the immersion of the games for Me.

I hope its entirely gone in the next game.

RobVarak
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by RobVarak »

I thought the animus was the worst thing about every AC game I've ever played. And the more I liked the game, the more I was irritated with the idiotic meta-story. Glad to hear that it's less prevalent in Odyssey, which I am anxious to start on as soon as I can.
XBL Gamertag: RobVarak

"Ok I'm an elitist, but I have a healthy respect for people who don't measure up." --Aaron Sorkin

XXXIV
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by XXXIV »

The second leg of first DLC hit today.

Good stuff to start with.

Ubisoft is rocking this f***in game as in addition to the DLC they keep updating it.

Wont ever be the Witcher 2 / 3 or even a Mass Effect 1/ 2 as I wont ever replay it from the start but I am very impressed.

Danimal
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by Danimal »

I wasn't sure what you were talking about 34 because I haven't finished the game, never mind touched any DLC paid or free but i caught wind today of one of the critical articles online.

For f*** sake, every story doesn't need to be inclusive of every group. So sick of this s***, if I'm going to make fun of guys who wouldn't play BF V because it has women in it, I'm sure going to make fun of people upset at DLC because the story make you hetrosexual. Especially when the main 200 hour plus game lets you sleep with whomever you desire.

People need to get the f*** over themselves. Entitles bunch of bitches.
Follow Me on:
YouTube - www.youtube.com/maxpixelation/
Twitch - twitch.tv/maximumpixelation
Twitter - twitter.com/maxpixelation

GameSeven
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by GameSeven »

Danimal wrote:I wasn't sure what you were talking about 34 because I haven't finished the game, never mind touched any DLC paid or free but i caught wind today of one of the critical articles online.

For f*** sake, every story doesn't need to be inclusive of every group. So sick of this s***, if I'm going to make fun of guys who wouldn't play BF V because it has women in it, I'm sure going to make fun of people upset at DLC because the story make you hetrosexual. Especially when the main 200 hour plus game lets you sleep with whomever you desire.

People need to get the f*** over themselves. Entitles bunch of bitches.
Fwiw, I understand most of the criticism (which I'm completely at odds with) has to do with the fact that the story forces the protagonist to procreate an offspring, even if the player rejects the hetero storyline advances...

That said, a key conceit of the AC series is the notion that the assassin's memories and experiences are carried on in DNA, so if you don't want that storyline, perhaps you're playing the wrong game series.

Danimal
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by Danimal »

GameSeven wrote: Fwiw, I understand most of the criticism (which I'm completely at odds with) has to do with the fact that the story forces the protagonist to procreate an offspring, even if the player rejects the hetero storyline advances...
Fair enough but I don't believe for a second that is why many are pissed. It's paid DLC, it tells a different story. If the story they want to tell means they need a hetero relationship then so be it. Don't buy the DLC if it bothers you and if the comeback to that is well I bought the season pass and didn't know what the DLC was going to contain. Yeah correct, so don't buy season passes in advance.
Follow Me on:

pk500
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by pk500 »

Dan is right: People getting bent about a narrative in a video game need to get a grip. It's a F*CKING VIDEO GAME.

We live in a society in which outrage is cheap, plentiful and most often unnecessary, mainly as cover for dimwits and megalomaniacs unwilling to look in the mirror and blame themselves for many of their problems.
"You know why I love boxers? I love them because they face fear. And they face it alone." - Nick Charles

"First on the throttle, last on the brakes." - @MotoGP Twitter signature

XBL Gamertag: pk4425

Teal
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by Teal »

Outragers are just morons. Should be roundly ignored and/or ridiculed. Not taken seriously. There are things I don't like, like bionic Wonder woman in BFV. Guess how I express my dislike...I don't buy the damned thing.

Danimal
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by Danimal »

pk500 wrote:Dan is right: People getting bent about a narrative in a video game need to get a grip. It's a F*CKING VIDEO GAME.

We live in a society in which outrage is cheap, plentiful and most often unnecessary, mainly as cover for dimwits and megalomaniacs unwilling to look in the mirror and blame themselves for many of their problems.
Exactly and I'm not trying to single out one group. I guarantee if the "forced" story narrative was Alexios need to be in a gay relationship that a whole group of other people would be outraged.

Again the problem with today's failing society is everyone can tweet about it and find a like minded group to become an angry mob. Seriously go on your f***in way. If I don't like a game, movie book etc I don't play, watch or read it.
Follow Me on:

pk500
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by pk500 »

Teal wrote:Outragers are just morons. Should be roundly ignored and/or ridiculed. Not taken seriously. There are things I don't like, like bionic Wonder woman in BFV. Guess how I express my dislike...I don't buy the damned thing.
Danimal wrote:Again the problem with today's failing society is everyone can tweet about it and find a like minded group to become an angry mob. Seriously go on your f***in way. If I don't like a game, movie book etc I don't play, watch or read it.
Spot on.
"You know why I love boxers? I love them because they face fear. And they face it alone." - Nick Charles

"First on the throttle, last on the brakes." - @MotoGP Twitter signature

XBL Gamertag: pk4425

XXXIV
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by XXXIV »

pk500 wrote:
Teal wrote:Outragers are just morons. Should be roundly ignored and/or ridiculed. Not taken seriously. There are things I don't like, like bionic Wonder woman in BFV. Guess how I express my dislike...I don't buy the damned thing.
Danimal wrote:Again the problem with today's failing society is everyone can tweet about it and find a like minded group to become an angry mob. Seriously go on your f***in way. If I don't like a game, movie book etc I don't play, watch or read it.
Spot on.
Exactly.

GameSeven
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by GameSeven »

While fanning the fire here probably does as little good as anywhere else, Ubisoft, of course, had to issue an apology https://www.dualshockers.com/ubisoft-ap ... episode-2/

Prostrate yourself before the angry internet...

The real kicker is, say Ubisoft closed off any part of a storyline involving the assassin's offspring because someone ran a gay or queer playthrough. Wouldn't a good portion of the same people be angry in that case, too?

As was stated above, outrage culture is a stain on these days.

In any case, this is probably beyond the point of usefulness, so I'll see myself out...

Teal
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by Teal »

GameSeven wrote:While fanning the fire here probably does as little good as anywhere else, Ubisoft, of course, had to issue an apology https://www.dualshockers.com/ubisoft-ap ... episode-2/

Prostrate yourself before the angry internet...

The real kicker is, say Ubisoft closed off any part of a storyline involving the assassin's offspring because someone ran a gay or queer playthrough. Wouldn't a good portion of the same people be angry in that case, too?

As was stated above, outrage culture is a stain on these days.

In any case, this is probably beyond the point of usefulness, so I'll see myself out...

Honestly, the very idea that we're having to address sexual escapades and preferences of a video game character just makes me SMH.

XXXIV
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by XXXIV »

Finished part two of the first dlc tonight. Well done. Looking forward to part 3.

Special thanks to the media snow flakes for the spoiler as to its ending. Low lifes.

Disgraceful.

I have pretty much picked the games bones til the next dlc. RDR2 you are up very next week.

XXXIV
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by XXXIV »

GameSeven wrote:

The truly pathetic part is romance had ZERO to do with the main story before phase two of the first dlc. NOTHING. Not anything at all.

Romance of any sort was an after thought at best. This game is not Witcher 3 at all as to the romance. You had a few shots at flings yes but nothing was shown and it had again ZERO impact on the main story.

ZERO!

I deleted my original anger at the spoilers as the outrage is purely manufactured by today's GARBAGE media.

sportdan30
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by sportdan30 »

Game is $24.99 on Amazon.