Assassin's Creed Odyssey

Welcome to the Digital Sportspage forum.

Moderators: Bill_Abner, ScoopBrady

pk500
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Re: Assassin's Creed Odyssey

Post by pk500 »

TCrouch wrote:Still pretty crazy that two (to me) all-time incredible games released within a month of each other like this.
How do they stack up to the greatest game of all time, The Division? :)

I understand I'm possibly the biggest Division pimp on this planet. Proud to be! :) But I look forward to playing RDR 2 and ACO once my kids finish them.
"You know why I love boxers? I love them because they face fear. And they face it alone." - Nick Charles

"First on the throttle, last on the brakes." - @MotoGP Twitter signature

XBL Gamertag: pk4425

Teal
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by Teal »

TCrouch wrote:To each his own. They're vastly different games, yes. But I've done pretty much everything I wanted to do in RDR2's single player and didn't have much pull to do anything else until the online launched today.

With AC Odyssey, my "major storylines finished" save file had 80 something hours on it, and I kept on playing past the finish. I think for me, RPG-style games with loot are more in my wheelhouse, whereas Cowboys are clearly your wheelhouse.

Still pretty crazy that two (to me) all-time incredible games released within a month of each other like this.
For me, this one is enough like Origins that I feel like I've played it before, but it's got better. RDR2 is so vastly beyond RDR that it feels like a brand new experience. I'm loving ACO the more I play it, but it's like comparing 300 to True Grit...lol. Don't see any similarity between the two...
www.trailheadoutfitters.org
trailheadoutfitters.wordpress.com
facebook.com/Intentional.Fatherhood

Teal
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by Teal »

pk500 wrote:
TCrouch wrote:Still pretty crazy that two (to me) all-time incredible games released within a month of each other like this.
How do they stack up to the greatest game of all time, The Division? :)

I understand I'm possibly the biggest Division pimp on this planet. Proud to be! :) But I look forward to playing RDR 2 and ACO once my kids finish them.
And that's like comparing 300, True Grit, and John Wick...lol. Apples, oranges, and hand grenades... :D

Teal
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by Teal »

This one is far more vertical then Origins, that's for sure. It's amazing how good the locales look from a cliff side. And I can't stress enough how much I love the Sparta kick... :D

XXXIV
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by XXXIV »

DLC is out .

Had finished main story about a week ago and spent the last week rounding up the cultists. Was just about to go back to restart RDR2 after the tutorial mountain but no. Gots to play phase one of the first DLC.

My cup runeth over.

Teal
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by Teal »

This is quite a fun game. The combat feels very much like the movie Troy, and the enemies seem smarter. The horse is still too twitchy in confined areas, and some of the physics with it are goofy. But the sea combat is great. I could do without the "give me some drachmae" scenarios painted as missions, and the dumb Caligula vibe to some of the missions, still hate the out of place language, but they seem to be saying it less now. But yeah, I'm enjoying this more than Origins, and I really liked that one. Still prefer my "cowboy simulator", in the end, but this is a really good sequel.

MizzouRah
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by MizzouRah »

I'm having a blast so far, do most of you pick the story mode or open world?
XBL GT: MizzouRah0971

XXXIV
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by XXXIV »

MizzouRah wrote:I'm having a blast so far, do most of you pick the story mode or open world?

Exploration.

Just reached level 70 the other day after finishing main story a while ago. Have finished the Cultists, Atlantis, Artemis and killed all the monsters I think? I have played through the first phase of the first DLC and waiting for the next one to become available.

Yet I still have much unexplored areas to get to side quests to complete and forts to take down... Im just recently getting into just sailing around and taking down ships as I have almost fully upgraded My ship.

What a massive game...

I cant get enough. Its just pure fun and very relaxing unless you get seasick. Those are some big ass waves at times.

MizzouRah
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by MizzouRah »

XXXIV wrote:

Exploration.

Just reached level 70 the other day after finishing main story a while ago. Have finished the Cultists, Atlantis, Artemis and killed all the monsters I think? I have played through the first phase of the first DLC and waiting for the next one to become available.

Yet I still have much unexplored areas to get to side quests to complete and forts to take down... Im just recently getting into just sailing around and taking down ships as I have almost fully upgraded My ship.

What a massive game...

I cant get enough. Its just pure fun and very relaxing unless you get seasick. Those are some big ass waves at times.
Well done!
XBL GT: MizzouRah0971

Diablo25
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by Diablo25 »

I am excited to get to this bad boy but I need to finish RDR2 first. I am grinding thru RDR2 as I type this. It is crazy how big RDR2 is and it sounds like ACO is also. Ain’t a bad thing!
XBLive Gamertag - Diablo25
PSN Name - EPDiablo25

XXXIV
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by XXXIV »

Diablo25 wrote:I am excited to get to this bad boy but I need to finish RDR2 first. I am grinding thru RDR2 as I type this. It is crazy how big RDR2 is and it sounds like ACO is also. Ain’t a bad thing!
We seem to have the same problem with opposite games.

AcemanPR
Starting 5
Starting 5

Post by AcemanPR »

I finished Origins on Sunday and unwrapped Odyssey yesterday and put a couple hours into it and I love it already! Seems much more polished over Origins. Plus I am more into the Greek history than Egyptian. Will be playing this a good amount for the weeks to come!

Lancer
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by Lancer »

I just finished Origins. Took me a whole year to complete the main story but worth it. Was probably one of the best game I've ever played. I noticed after the main story there is a ton of content still left. I dont know if i want to do that or not as i picked up Odyssey on the store for $30.

Really hoping Odyssey is just as fun or even more fun that Origins.

AcemanPR
Starting 5
Starting 5

Post by AcemanPR »

Lancer wrote:I just finished Origins. Took me a whole year to complete the main story but worth it. Was probably one of the best game I've ever played. I noticed after the main story there is a ton of content still left. I dont know if i want to do that or not as i picked up Odyssey on the store for $30.

I still have a lot of things to do in Origins, and I'll eventually go back and get some of that stuff done.

Odyssey is definitely more fun, it has more of an RPG feel to it. Also, the combat feels better and the game is definitely more difficult than Origins. It's a great looking game as well!

Diablo25
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by Diablo25 »

AcemanPR wrote:
Lancer wrote:I just finished Origins. Took me a whole year to complete the main story but worth it. Was probably one of the best game I've ever played. I noticed after the main story there is a ton of content still left. I dont know if i want to do that or not as i picked up Odyssey on the store for $30.

I still have a lot of things to do in Origins, and I'll eventually go back and get some of that stuff done.

Odyssey is definitely more fun, it has more of an RPG feel to it. Also, the combat feels better and the game is definitely more difficult than Origins. It's a great looking game as well!
Everything’s I’ve read says that Odyssey is better than Origins. Out resident ACO junkie XXXIV agrees also. I’ve played like an hour of Odyssey (still finishing RD2) and it definitely looks and plays better...IMO.
XBLive Gamertag - Diablo25
PSN Name - EPDiablo25

Inuyasha
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by Inuyasha »

I liked Origins better. Odyssey isn't bad, but I just like the Egypt storyline better than Greece.

Also, the characters in Origins are better. They are just bad ass. They're no sugar coating in Origins. Baylek and Aya are just stronger characters as long as the other characters in the game.

I found Origins much harder too. It was a grind but a good grind. I would get killed by a boss 10-12 times and finally beat him. Felt very rewarding and not cheap.

Odyssey is more tongue in cheek at times. The main characters are a bit more aloof. I can understand why they did this to give some levity to the game but Alexios at times I just didn't take seriously. I think putting in choosing dialogue plays into that.

Not saying Odyssey is bad, it's pretty good. But for me Origins is something special. It's like the Empire Strikes Back and Odyssey is Return of the Jedi.

But I think it's unfair to compare both games. Like others said here, they gameplay is different in Odyssey than Origins. I just preferred Origins melee style than Odyssey's rpg style.

XXXIV
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by XXXIV »

AcemanPR wrote:
Bingo!

Origins was basically a beta for Odyssey and the game developers talk to that.

Origins was the trial run for what the Assassins Creed games have morphed into.

Lancer
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by Lancer »

Played about a week of Odyssey and it's good but at this point I really prefer Origins.

The main difference is the characters. The characters are much more serious in Origins. In Odyssey so far, I feel the characters are more hollow and not as well developed.

Its good but sometimes I feel Odyssey is a chore to play. Never felt that way with Origins.

Teal
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by Teal »

Lancer wrote:Played about a week of Odyssey and it's good but at this point I really prefer Origins.

The main difference is the characters. The characters are much more serious in Origins. In Odyssey so far, I feel the characters are more hollow and not as well developed.

Its good but sometimes I feel Odyssey is a chore to play. Never felt that way with Origins.
I understand this. Odyssey sometimes comes across quite cheesy, like the original Clash of the Titans or the Kevin Sorbo Hercules series. It can be very campy. I like the game, but haven't played it in weeks, because...well, because. Hard to put a solid finger on any one reason. Several small ones. Maybe it's the campy stuff. Maybe it's that Bayek was a better character. Maybe it's still the "ADHD on Red Bull" nature of gameplay. Understand, I like the game, but it takes me awhile every time I fire it up to get past the things I've mentioned. Maybe it's how much time I spent with origins and this feeling so similar. Dunno.

Lancer
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by Lancer »

Teal wrote:
Lancer wrote:Played about a week of Odyssey and it's good but at this point I really prefer Origins.

I understand this. Odyssey sometimes comes across quite cheesy, like the original Clash of the Titans or the Kevin Sorbo Hercules series. It can be very campy. I like the game, but haven't played it in weeks, because...well, because. Hard to put a solid finger on any one reason. Several small ones. Maybe it's the campy stuff. Maybe it's that Bayek was a better character. Maybe it's still the "ADHD on Red Bull" nature of gameplay. Understand, I like the game, but it takes me awhile every time I fire it up to get past the things I've mentioned. Maybe it's how much time I spent with origins and this feeling so similar. Dunno.
Perfect! You described exactly what I'm feeling.

XXXIV
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by XXXIV »

Are we allowed multiple screen names?

LOL!

XXXIV
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by XXXIV »

Free content added today.

Next segment of first DLC coming next tuesday. Bought the season pass . Just had to. This game exceeded expectations.

UBI Doing a great job with this game.

Game is so good we have one of our multi screen mame trolls trolling itself.... :lol: :lol: :lol:

Danimal
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by Danimal »

XXXIV wrote:Free content added today.

Next segment of first DLC coming next tuesday. Bought the season pass . Just had to. This game exceeded expectations.

UBI Doing a great job with this game.

Game is so good we have one of our multi screen mame trolls trolling itself.... :lol: :lol: :lol:
Game of the year for me without question. Tremendous amount of game play, good rpg aspects, evolving world with new content added regularly, a control system that actually works and just a lot of fun.

To each their own but I've never played more than 4 or 5 hours of any AC game until this one.

Hopefully Ubi will do what I really want put one of these open world games into a pure fantasy setting without the AC meta game crap.
Follow Me on:
YouTube - www.youtube.com/maxpixelation/
Twitch - twitch.tv/maximumpixelation
Twitter - twitter.com/maxpixelation

XXXIV
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by XXXIV »

They did leave out that stupid animus s*** for the most part.

Which is a great thing.

Danimal
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by Danimal »

Imagine if it has co-op like Wildlands.
Follow Me on:
YouTube - www.youtube.com/maxpixelation/
Twitch - twitch.tv/maximumpixelation
Twitter - twitter.com/maxpixelation