NBA Season 2019/20

Welcome to the Digital Sportspage forum.

Moderators: Bill_Abner, ScoopBrady

wco81
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Re: NBA Season 2019/20

Post by wco81 »

Rodster wrote:
Tue Sep 15, 2020 11:43 pm
What a Game 1 between Miami and Boston. Did any of you guys expect Denver to beat LA? What happened to Paul George? He basically disappeared in the playoffs.
Has he ever performed in the playoffs?

Maybe in the Pacer days, once faced the Heat in the ECF.

Very talented player but he talked a lot of trash, first at Lillard and then talking about how poor the Mavs defenders were when he played poorly in that series.

Had two wide open corner 3s, bricked one and pulled the string on the other.

That’s a sign of doubt and fear.

Zlax45
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by Zlax45 »

Jokic is so good but always looks out of shape. Murray is amazing!
My xbox live name is "The Zlax45"

Rodster
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by Rodster »

Who are you guys picking during the Finals? I'm hoping the Heat win, a storybook season and a helluva coaching job by Coach Spo but they are going against two of the most elite players in the NBA in Bron and Davis. I hope i'm wrong but I see LA in 6-7 winning the series.

pk500
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by pk500 »

This series has 2004 Pistons or 2011 Mavericks potential -- an upset.

Miami has been the best team from the start of the bubble. Spoelstra is a better coach than Vogel, who isn't bad, though.

Here's why I think Miami can win this series in six or seven -- defense. Name me the good defensive team the Lakers have faced in the West. You can't, because they haven't. Miami will run defensive rotations that the Lakers haven't seen out West. Plus Miami is deeper, which will prove pivotal.

Rondo remains the X factor to me. When he winds back the clock and plays like early Celtics' Rondo, that gives the Lakers almost a Big Three -- call it a Big 2.75. But when Rondo plays like sh*t Rondo, that leaves the Lakers really thin.

I know LeBron and Davis comprise one of the most devastating tandems in recent NBA history. But when you're relying on significant contributions from Dwight Howard, Kentavious Caldwell-Pope, Markieff Morris, Kyle Kuzma and Alex Caruso, that indicates a serious depth problem.

Meanwhile, Miami has so many players who can light up the scoresheet on a given night. Butler, Adebayo, Dragic, Robinson, Herro. Hell, even Iggy looked spunky in Game 6 against Boston.

No doubt LA's top two players are untouchable by Miami. But I would take the Heat's 3 through 8 on the roster every damn day. That depth, plus Miami's defense, will help the Heat win in seven games.
"You know why I love boxers? I love them because they face fear. And they face it alone." - Nick Charles

"First on the throttle, last on the brakes." - @MotoGP Twitter signature

XBL Gamertag: pk4425

wco81
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by wco81 »

Rodster wrote:
Mon Sep 28, 2020 4:48 pm
Who are you guys picking during the Finals? I'm hoping the Heat win, a storybook season and a helluva coaching job by Coach Spo but they are going against two of the most elite players in the NBA in Bron and Davis. I hope i'm wrong but I see LA in 6-7 winning the series.
It's 2020 so of course the Lakers will win, with a lot of assist from the refs, like all the awful things which have happened this year.

Key Heat players will get in foul trouble while Lebron never gets in foul trouble or foul out.

Rodster
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by Rodster »

No surprise here, Doc Rivers has been fired. He should not have lost to the Nuggets with PG13 and Leonard on the same team.

pk500
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by pk500 »

wco81 wrote:
Mon Sep 28, 2020 6:34 pm
Rodster wrote:
Mon Sep 28, 2020 4:48 pm
It's 2020 so of course the Lakers will win, with a lot of assist from the refs, like all the awful things which have happened this year.

Key Heat players will get in foul trouble while Lebron never gets in foul trouble or foul out.
You're almost suggesting LeBron SHOULD foul out more. LeBron is an incredibly smart, effective defensive player. He knows how to avoid fouls on that end.

The only place LeBron appears to get preferential treatment is on charges. He does push off with his shoulder and elbow often on drives to the hoop, with almost constant contact. But it's also rare that defenders either are brave enough or are set enough to actually draw a charge against LeBron due to his size and speed.
"You know why I love boxers? I love them because they face fear. And they face it alone." - Nick Charles

wco81
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by wco81 »

He fouled Murray twice on key 4th quarter possessions in game 4.

Neither called.

Meanwhile AD kept going to the line if anyone breathed on him.

pk500
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by pk500 »

wco81 wrote:
Mon Sep 28, 2020 7:35 pm

Neither called.

Wow -- one game. That's a MASSIVE sample size. You need to get a job with the CDC touting bleach as a COVID treatment based on that junk science.

wco81
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by wco81 »

pk500 wrote:
Mon Sep 28, 2020 8:49 pm
wco81 wrote:
Mon Sep 28, 2020 7:35 pm

Neither called.

Wow -- one game. That's a MASSIVE sample size. You need to get a job with the CDC touting bleach as a COVID treatment based on that junk science.

Yeah Lakers got favorable officiating in only one game.

:lol: