PlayStation Classic

Welcome to the Digital Sportspage forum.

Moderators: Bill_Abner, ScoopBrady

Rodster
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

PlayStation Classic

Post by Rodster »

It looks like Sony is following Nintendo's lead. The mini console comes with 20 games and is scheduled for release Dec 3, 2018 and selling price will be $100. The big question is whether we can add Roms to this mini? :)

https://www.gamespot.com/articles/sony- ... 0-6461868/

Danimal
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Re: PlayStation Classic

Post by Danimal »

If MS ever does a classic XB with Mech Assault, the X-Men games and that motorcycle game I'm in. Otherwise not interested. I didn't see a list of the game at that link but most games from the PS days are available on Steam.
Follow Me on:
YouTube - www.youtube.com/maxpixelation/
Twitch - twitch.tv/maximumpixelation
Twitter - twitter.com/maxpixelation

dbdynsty25
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by dbdynsty25 »

No one wants the original PlayStation. Not nearly retro enough and it doesn't seem like the game lineup is even worth it. And 100 bucks...too much.

F308GTB
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by F308GTB »

Can't see a big market for this. Unlike cartridge systems, the Pac frames can be played on ps2 and ps3. How many of those systems are still in use or semi-retirement?

Teal
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by Teal »

I've got a buttload of 360 and Xbox titles for free. And some are enhanced. This has zero interest for me.
www.trailheadoutfitters.org
trailheadoutfitters.wordpress.com
facebook.com/Intentional.Fatherhood

Aristo
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by Aristo »

I could never figure out why people were that interested in the Nintendo Classic.

I'm just hoping that Microsoft stays faithful to its commitment to all games being BC from here on out. Then products like this won't be necessary to play classic games in the future.

I could understand EA or Activision selling a limited edition console that only plays Madden or CoD. They could have versions going back to the beginning, and cater to a segment of fans that pretty much just play those games. But I don't get the retro hype.
XBL Gamertag: JayhawkerStL

RobVarak
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by RobVarak »

Only into it if it contained quirky titles with mechanics or settings that aren't available in contemporary titles. I'm thinking of Tenchu, Armored Core and Bushido Blade off the top of my head. Playing run-of-the-mill fighting, racing games or JRPG's doesn't really appeal to me.
XBL Gamertag: RobVarak

"Ok I'm an elitist, but I have a healthy respect for people who don't measure up." --Aaron Sorkin

pk500
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by pk500 »

If I wanted a retro system, I would have kept my Intellivision, 8-bit NES, PlayStation, Dreamcast, PS2, Xbox and Xbox 360.

I didn't, and I don't. :)
"You know why I love boxers? I love them because they face fear. And they face it alone." - Nick Charles

"First on the throttle, last on the brakes." - @MotoGP Twitter signature

XBL Gamertag: pk4425

Naples39
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by Naples39 »

It might just be my age, but I can see the appeal of NES and SNES because the game were easy to pick and play, often good for 2P, and good in short bursts.

Not much of that applies to PSX games, IMO.

Also it was released at Xmas and priced at that 'good gift' price of $60. I bet a lot of sales were people buying gifts for others and the thing collected dust after a few days of novelty.
XBL-Naples39; Steam-scrub47; GameCenter-MasterOnion39;