Best racing game on PS4?

Welcome to the Digital Sportspage forum.

Moderators: Bill_Abner, ScoopBrady

webdanzer
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Best racing game on PS4?

Post by webdanzer »

Hi all!

Been a while since I've been here. Nice to see some familiar names.

Basically, after not having played full titles on any console for years, now, the stay-at-homing has got me picking up the controller again, and I'm Jonesing for a great racer. Needs to be ps4, and I know this genre is played more on the PC and Xbox, here, but hoping for some solid recommendations anyway.

Basically, I'm only looking for 2 things:

1)Good, solid, racey AI
2)Somewhat technical in that nailing the perfect line and controlling throttle, cornering, etc will win you the race.

Other than that, I don't really care if I'm racing cars, boats, hovercraft, etc, how many courses there are, how many car models, etc.

So far I've tried:

f1 2019 (Currently my favorite), wreckfest, Asetto Corsa (Underrated, I think...doing ok with controller..maybe late patches helped), Gran Turismo Sport, Dirt 4, Dirt Rally 2.0, Wipeout omega, trackmania turbo

Got my eye on TT Isle of Man 2, and maybe project cars 2. Am I missing something good?

Thanks!

dbdynsty25
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Re: Best racing game on PS4?

Post by dbdynsty25 »

Project Cars 2 is the answer, tho I've only played on the PC and XBOX - so mileage may vary if you're talking PS4.

10spro
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by 10spro »

The last Gran Turismo was pretty solid and I would echo your choice over F1 2019. On a more Arcady side, you may want to try Burnout Paradise Remastered.

Rodster
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by Rodster »

Nascar Heat 4 has really solid racing AI but the rest of the game is a letdown because it's based on the Unity Engine

WPatrick
Panda Cub
Panda Cub

Post by WPatrick »

You already have F1 2019 & it’s the cream of the crop. It’s the best game for what your looking for.

I never really enjoyed Project Cars 2 on PS4. The game is a pc port & really is built around the idea of players using a wheel and pedal set. There are settings that make the controller work better, but it still just feels off to me. Career mode is wonky and unbalanced and the ai is erratic at times.

Tony Stewart Sprint Car racing is a budget title with a good career mode against the ai. It’s basically Nascar Heat on dirt.

Nascar Heat 4 Is fun & almost exactly the same as the Tony Stewart game. Engaging career mode & decent ai.