COD: Black Ops 4

Welcome to the Digital Sportspage forum.

Moderators: Bill_Abner, ScoopBrady

pk500
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Re: COD: Black Ops 4

Post by pk500 »

pigpen81 wrote:FWIW, my 10 year old is giving up watching YouTube videos and playing Fortnite and is now watching streams of COD Blackout.

He says all of his friends are getting COD for blackout and he wants this game badly.
Same with my 13-year-old. We have the game. Excellent so far. Fun!
"You know why I love boxers? I love them because they face fear. And they face it alone." - Nick Charles

"First on the throttle, last on the brakes." - @MotoGP Twitter signature

XBL Gamertag: pk4425

AcemanPR
Starting 5
Starting 5

Post by AcemanPR »

I'm addicted to Blackout. So much more fun than PUBG. If Treyarch keeps the updates coming like Epic Games does with Fortnite, they have a huge winner on their hands.

greggsand
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by greggsand »

AcemanPR wrote:I'm addicted to Blackout. So much more fun than PUBG. If Treyarch keeps the updates coming like Epic Games does with Fortnite, they have a huge winner on their hands.
It looks really fun, but the speed at which it moves gives me pause. Does it have that kind of “PauBG camper tension” or is it a lot of dudes running at full speed?
My Tesla referral code - get free supercharger miles!! https://ts.la/gregg43474

AcemanPR
Starting 5
Starting 5

Post by AcemanPR »

The game speed is different, but it feels right for Blackout. People aren't running all over the place, there is definitely the tension in this game that there is in PUBG. The time to kill seems a little too quick, but I am sure that will get tweaked down the road. There is plenty of medical supplies laying around to heal you. The inventory system is certainly more user friendly. It runs so smoothly, I am very impressed with what Treyarch accomplished.

pk500
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by pk500 »

greggsand wrote:
AcemanPR wrote:I'm addicted to Blackout. So much more fun than PUBG. If Treyarch keeps the updates coming like Epic Games does with Fortnite, they have a huge winner on their hands.
It looks really fun, but the speed at which it moves gives me pause. Does it have that kind of “PauBG camper tension” or is it a lot of dudes running at full speed?
PUBG camper tension, for sure. The maps are a touch smaller, but that's good. One thing that annoyed me about PUBG would be how you would spend the entire game running toward the circle if you guessed drastically wrong on your plane jump. That's refreshing the first or second time but a drag thereafter.

Blackout is the game PUBG wishes it could be and what it could have been. What I don't miss about PUBG when playing Blackout:

1. Horrible draw-in and framerate problems
2. Terrible weapons ballistics
3. Xbox 360-caliber graphics
4. Unimaginative maps
5. Going for 10 minutes without finding anything but a pistol

What I do miss from PUBG when playing Blackout:

1. Fantastic audio cues. Blackout's audio is good; PUBG's is excellent.
2. Aerial bombardments that force you to take cover.
"You know why I love boxers? I love them because they face fear. And they face it alone." - Nick Charles

AcemanPR
Starting 5
Starting 5

Post by AcemanPR »

pk500 wrote:
greggsand wrote:
PUBG camper tension, for sure. The maps are a touch smaller, but that's good. One thing that annoyed me about PUBG would be how you would spend the entire game running toward the circle if you guessed drastically wrong on your plane jump. That's refreshing the first or second time but a drag thereafter.

Blackout is the game PUBG wishes it could be and what it could have been. What I don't miss about PUBG when playing Blackout:

1. Horrible draw-in and framerate problems
2. Terrible weapons ballistics
3. Xbox 360-caliber graphics
4. Unimaginative maps
5. Going for 10 minutes without finding anything but a pistol

What I do miss from PUBG when playing Blackout:

1. Fantastic audio cues. Blackout's audio is good; PUBG's is excellent.
2. Aerial bombardments that force you to take cover.
Those are spot on Paul. I think the audio in Blackout is a little overdone when it comes to vehicles and footsteps, especially because the map is a little smaller. I do like the aerial bombardments in PUBG as well, I won't be surprised if those get added into Blackout soon. Or at least use some of the different kill streak options, like a chopper firing down in a designated area.

Danimal
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by Danimal »

So Blackout has better weapon modeling then PUBG? That is pretty much the first time I've heard anyone say that. Typically when a BR game is compared to PUBG, realistic weapons is where it wins out.

Why do you think it is better?
Follow Me on:
YouTube - www.youtube.com/maxpixelation/
Twitch - twitch.tv/maximumpixelation
Twitter - twitter.com/maxpixelation

pk500
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by pk500 »

Danimal wrote:So Blackout has better weapon modeling then PUBG? That is pretty much the first time I've heard anyone say that. Typically when a BR game is compared to PUBG, realistic weapons is where it wins out.

Why do you think it is better?
Realistic weapon choices compared to the fantasy, kiddie guns in Fortnite, yes. But realistic weapon performance and feel compared to Blackout? No way.

Blackout has better default aiming and ballistic “feel.” PUBG is way too much “spray and pray” on consoles with a controller.

Diablo25
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by Diablo25 »

Gunplay in Blackout is superb. If you are going into Blackout thinking it’s going to be like COD - stop there. It is the farthest thing from the twitchy, run and gun small arena maps of traditional COD games. Its a FANTASTICLY done mode. PUBG is going to go away very quickly.
XBLive Gamertag - Diablo25
PSN Name - EPDiablo25

Danimal
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by Danimal »

pk500 wrote: Blackout has better default aiming and ballistic “feel.” PUBG is way too much “spray and pray” on consoles with a controller.
This sounds like it's just easier to control and hit.

PUBG is based on the ARMA engine which is known to have the most realistic weapon modeling in a military simulation https://www.pcgamer.com/what-happens-in ... ire-a-gun/.

I don't know if PUBG dumbed it down or not but when it comes to ARMA modeling I don't think anything comes close to its realism. Whether that translates will into a game or not is another matter.
Follow Me on:

Danimal
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by Danimal »

Diablo25 wrote:Gunplay in Blackout is superb. If you are going into Blackout thinking it’s going to be like COD - stop there. It is the farthest thing from the twitchy, run and gun small arena maps of traditional COD games. Its a FANTASTICLY done mode. PUBG is going to go away very quickly.
That may very well be the case, all games get replaced by better ones eventually. I was just questioning the statement of more realistic ballistic modeling.
Follow Me on:

Diablo25
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by Diablo25 »

Danimal wrote:
Diablo25 wrote:Gunplay in Blackout is superb. If you are going into Blackout thinking it’s going to be like COD - stop there. It is the farthest thing from the twitchy, run and gun small arena maps of traditional COD games. Its a FANTASTICLY done mode. PUBG is going to go away very quickly.
That may very well be the case, all games get replaced by better ones eventually. I was just questioning the statement of more realistic ballistic modeling.
10-4. I never liked the gunplay of PUBG due to the constant frame rate issues. Annoying. From what I can see on Twitch, PUBG on the PC was pretty smooth. Im a console only guy.
PSN Name - EPDiablo25

pk500
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by pk500 »

Danimal wrote:
pk500 wrote: Blackout has better default aiming and ballistic “feel.” PUBG is way too much “spray and pray” on consoles with a controller.
This sounds like it's just easier to control and hit.

PUBG is based on the ARMA engine which is known to have the most realistic weapon modeling in a military simulation https://www.pcgamer.com/what-happens-in ... ire-a-gun/.

I don't know if PUBG dumbed it down or not but when it comes to ARMA modeling I don't think anything comes close to its realism. Whether that translates will into a game or not is another matter.
You're comparing a game engine that was designed to be played on a PC with a mouse with the same engine being played on a console with a controller.

That's not apples to apples. Like you, I've played shooters on a PC with a mouse. Far more control than with any controller.

This reminds me of the Project Cars dilemma. With a wheel on a PC, Project Cars has sublime control. With a controller on an Xbox, it handles like sh*t over a Sterno.

Danimal
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by Danimal »

pk500 wrote: You're comparing a game engine that was designed to be played on a PC with a mouse with the same engine being played on a console with a controller.
Fair point, I'm kind of tired of the BR mode at this point. I think my next shooter will be The Division 2.
Follow Me on:

pk500
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by pk500 »

Part of the problem with the weapon control problem in PUBG also may be due to the janky framerate, which remains somewhat even in the game's "release" state though reduced from the "preview" version.

I'm with you on The Division 2. Can't recall the last time I was this geeked for a game.

Diablo25
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by Diablo25 »

Got my first!
PSN Name - EPDiablo25

pigpen81
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by pigpen81 »

Just ordered on Amazon for $50+ tax. Will have tomorrow evening. I'm going to surprise my son by casually playing when my wife brings him home from something, then I will play dumb :)

Hopefully I can jump online some evenings. Been busy coaching after school and also teaching an evening class for SDSU this fall.

If I have great stats, it will be my 10 year old. ;)

RobVarak
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by RobVarak »

Diablo25 wrote:Got my first!
Got my first win in my second-ever game. Based on this alone, I'm calling it better than Fortnite or PUBG :lol:
XBL Gamertag: RobVarak

"Ok I'm an elitist, but I have a healthy respect for people who don't measure up." --Aaron Sorkin

Danimal
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by Danimal »

I played this at a friends this weekend and ya'll are right it is a lot of fun. The inventory management alone makes it better for the BR mode. I would say it sits somewhere between FN and PUBG in terms of hard core level. PUBG can be long periods of nothing going on and you being on edge, some people hate that. This game doesn't have that level of suspense, at least in my brief play time so getting ganked doesn't feel as bad because you didn't spend 20 minutes stealthing around kitting out your guy to get killed.
Follow Me on: