COD: Black Ops 4

Welcome to the Digital Sportspage forum.

Moderators: Bill_Abner, ScoopBrady

Diablo25
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

COD: Black Ops 4

Post by Diablo25 »

I looked for a CODBO4 thread and couldn’t find one.

First off, I am not a big COD fan. I have played numerous COD games but the more recent ones (other than WWII) were too fast/twitchy for me. I acquired a Private beta code for the new Blackout mode yesterday and I must say it is VERY GOOD. I like it better than PUBG. Cleaner graphics with a steady frame rate plus some pretty innovative additions.

The overall mode is very similar to PUBG. Land Loot and Survive. The interface during play is much better in COD. No need to leave the game screen to adjust weapons or use some of the new perks.

Speaking of the perks, they are a nice additions. I haven’t had all of them yet but the ones I have used are cool. Example, “Silence” perk gives you quieter footsteps for a period of time. “Paranoia” gives you a hightened sense of awareness...you will know when you are being targeted.

I think TreyArch will pump out maps quicker than the PUBG people also. This game went from not being on my radar to a possible purchase. I really like Blackout Mode.
XBLive Gamertag - Diablo25
PSN Name - EPDiablo25

pk500
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Re: COD: Black Ops 4

Post by pk500 »

My 13-year-old son is drooling over the release of this game, so we'll have it in our household. I'm intrigued by Blackout, too.

Unreal how PUBG was the leader, the innovator in battle royale games 15 months ago. Now it's very possible it could be the MySpace of the genre. It could be a case study for decades in gaming economics.
"You know why I love boxers? I love them because they face fear. And they face it alone." - Nick Charles

"First on the throttle, last on the brakes." - @MotoGP Twitter signature

XBL Gamertag: pk4425

Diablo25
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by Diablo25 »

pk500 wrote:My 13-year-old son is drooling over the release of this game, so we'll have it in our household. I'm intrigued by Blackout, too.

Unreal how PUBG was the leader, the innovator in battle royale games 15 months ago. Now it's very possible it could be the MySpace of the genre. It could be a case study for decades in gaming economics.
I honestly can see PUBG taking it hard here. COD is a BETA and it has more polish than PUBG. Like I said above, TreyArch will probably pump out more Blackout maps at a higher rate than PUBG. PUBG doesn’t hear footsteps...they are looking right at COD.
PSN Name - EPDiablo25

pk500
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by pk500 »

PUBG already has been overrun by Fortnite. Its path to irrelevance will be paved even wider by the next Black Ops game.

Doesn't Red Dead II have a battle royale mode, too?
"You know why I love boxers? I love them because they face fear. And they face it alone." - Nick Charles

Diablo25
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by Diablo25 »

PSN Name - EPDiablo25

Danimal
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by Danimal »

pk500 wrote:PUBG already has been overrun by Fortnite. Its path to irrelevance will be paved even wider by the next Black Ops game.
Yeah you're right no one plays PUBG anymore LOL
Follow Me on:
YouTube - www.youtube.com/maxpixelation/
Twitch - twitch.tv/maximumpixelation
Twitter - twitter.com/maxpixelation

pk500
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by pk500 »

Danimal wrote:
pk500 wrote:PUBG already has been overrun by Fortnite. Its path to irrelevance will be paved even wider by the next Black Ops game.
Yeah you're right no one plays PUBG anymore LOL
PUBG has a strong userbase. But it was completely overrun by Fortnite, which became part of mainstream pop culture this year. PUBG never reached that status and never will. And its grip on the battle royale crowd will loosen as more polished, longstanding franchises such as COD add that mode to their upcoming titles.

Danimal
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by Danimal »

pk500 wrote: PUBG has a strong userbase. But it was completely overrun by Fortnite, which became part of mainstream pop culture this year. PUBG never reached that status and never will. And its grip on the battle royale crowd will loosen as more polished, longstanding franchises such as COD add that mode to their upcoming titles.
Clearly you can see why Fortnite is more popular just based on the way it is graphically packaged and also by it marketing the game with the use of celebrates. Of course everyone and the brother is doing Battle Royale, doesn't dampen the impact PUBG had and the trend it set. I was more commenting on you saying it will be irrelevant, it will go down in history as a game that started an entire genre long after people stop playing it, which isn't even close to happening yet.

So sure others might have a bigger user base and others might do a better BR mode, PUBG will still be the OG of this genre.
Follow Me on:

ScoopBrady
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by ScoopBrady »

I'm actually very interested to see if the incredible success Fortnite is having right now has an impact on COD sales and if the release of COD has an impact on the number of people playing Fortnite. I am having far too much fun with Fortnite to even consider any other shooter right now, especially a tired franchise like this.
I am a patient boy.
I wait, I wait, I wait, I wait.
My time is water down a drain.

Teal
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by Teal »

I've watched videos. Looks cool enough. But I'm likely not gonna buy it. I think this game type is about to be dramatically oversaturated and will die like a beanie baby. :lol:

And I have to say, I categorically HAAAATE Fortnite... :D
www.trailheadoutfitters.org
trailheadoutfitters.wordpress.com
facebook.com/Intentional.Fatherhood

Diablo25
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by Diablo25 »

Teal wrote:I've watched videos. Looks cool enough. But I'm likely not gonna buy it. I think this game type is about to be dramatically oversaturated and will die like a beanie baby. :lol:

And I have to say, I categorically HAAAATE Fortnite... :D
I’m not a fan of Fortnite either. Jason, Blackout is different than any COD mode ever. Large map with a NON-COD pace. Its a PUBG killer. Don’t know it’s its worth $59 though.
PSN Name - EPDiablo25

Danimal
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by Danimal »

Teal wrote:I've watched videos. Looks cool enough. But I'm likely not gonna buy it. I think this game type is about to be dramatically oversaturated and will die like a beanie baby. :lol:
Don't fall for the hype, stay strong
Follow Me on:

AcemanPR
Starting 5
Starting 5

Post by AcemanPR »

Not sure that Blackout will be a PUBG killer, but it does offer a new flavor into the battle royale flood of games. It looks more fast paced for sure. If Treyarch can keep changing things up to make this feel fresh every couple weeks, they have a winner on their hands. PUBG is lagging so far behind with changes, it could really hurt that game once this releases next month. As far as Fortnite, I see the draw to the game, but all the building stuff is not for me.

Pete1210
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by Pete1210 »

I was going to skip COD because of no singleplayer campaign. After playing the Blackout beta this weekend, now I am leaning towards keeping the pre-order I made for the beta code.

Blackout hits a sweet spot in between Fortnite and PUBG. I still favor the more realistic approach of PUBG, but the technical issues are a turn off. In fact they just had to downgrade the XB1X version to overcome some issues. Blackout beta already runs better.
XBL/PSN: Pete1210

Diablo25
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by Diablo25 »

This article sums up how I feel about Blackout mode in COD Black Ops 4.
https://www.ign.com/articles/2018/09/20 ... s-building
PSN Name - EPDiablo25

pk500
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by pk500 »

Diablo25 wrote:This article sums up how I feel about Blackout mode in COD Black Ops 4.
Ooooh. Sounds good. I have zero interest in Fortnite because of the building and cartoonish characters. Tried it. Stuck with PUBG.

ScoopBrady
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by ScoopBrady »

pk500 wrote:
Diablo25 wrote:This article sums up how I feel about Blackout mode in COD Black Ops 4.
Ooooh. Sounds good. I have zero interest in Fortnite because of the building and cartoonish characters. Tried it. Stuck with PUBG.
The first time I played Fortnite I didn't mind the cartoonish characters because I was a fan of Overwatch. But the building did make me prefer PUBG. But now that I am used to the building I much prefer Fortnite as the building adds a lot of depth to the game. It also helps that my kids play and I play with them.
I am a patient boy.
I wait, I wait, I wait, I wait.
My time is water down a drain.

10spro
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by 10spro »

Played some MP last night mainly Blackout and Domination and I had a lot of fun. Blackout captures moments of what makes Battle Royale so popular these days and I had this feeling of this is what PUBG should have been all along without the constant frame issues and clumsy shooting despite several updates on the Xbox.

The COD tight movement and shooting mechanics makes this mode much more enjoyable to play, with interesting perks that can be looted at anytime.

This new mode will probably be very popular and successful for this franchise. Gameplay felt very smooth and fluid.

There’s a mix elements from the last Black Ops to this one but long gone are the silly thrust jumping and wall hugging of the past.

Matches seem to have a slower tactical pace making positional strategies more important.

There’s no really traditional SP mode but training based on MP characters that mound you into the game.

With Red Dead coming up and BFV next month, I have my shooting twitchs all covered up.

Diablo25
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by Diablo25 »

Got it. Look for me. Love Blackout
PSN Name - EPDiablo25

Diablo25
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by Diablo25 »

Oh, and I cannot wait for RDR2 :D
PSN Name - EPDiablo25

Diablo25
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by Diablo25 »

Blackout is going to leave a mark on the PUBG crowd. Fortnite is going to feel it too. Fun ass game mode.
PSN Name - EPDiablo25

10spro
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by 10spro »

Diablo25 wrote:Blackout is going to leave a mark on the PUBG crowd. Fortnite is going to feel it too. Fun ass game mode.
Pretty sure that crowd will migrate to COD soon while Fortnite will still coexist with a younger audience, but Treyarch has made a mark for sure in this mode.

Hers' hoping I can try out the other modes besides 'Control'.

10spro
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by 10spro »

Another mode I managed to play and really enjoy is ‘Heist’. Diablo and Pete give it a try, you basically try to get the cash into an extraction point, you’re in Teams of five and can heal each other as in Blackout when you’re hit.

Close quarters maps.

pigpen81
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by pigpen81 »

FWIW, my 10 year old is giving up watching YouTube videos and playing Fortnite and is now watching streams of COD Blackout.

He says all of his friends are getting COD for blackout and he wants this game badly.

Diablo25
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by Diablo25 »

pigpen81 wrote:FWIW, my 10 year old is giving up watching YouTube videos and playing Fortnite and is now watching streams of COD Blackout.

He says all of his friends are getting COD for blackout and he wants this game badly.
Get used to it. Sounds like I am over stating it but Fortnite better pay attention.
PSN Name - EPDiablo25