Spider-Man PS4

Welcome to the Digital Sportspage forum.

Moderators: Bill_Abner, ScoopBrady

sportdan30
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Spider-Man PS4

Post by sportdan30 »

Looking forward to one of my most anticipated titles of the year. There hasn't been a real good Spider-Man video game in a long long time...if ever. I'm trying not to watch too many reviews, but I'm excited to see that it's getting very solid and positive reviews. As a fan of Sunset Overdrive and a huge Ratchet & Clank, I think this Spider-Man game is in excellent hands of Insomniac.

Friday can't come soon enough!

Danimal
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Re: Spider-Man PS4

Post by Danimal »

It's getting good reviews but I'm hesitant to pull the trigger. I grew tired of those batman games quickly and this looks like that type of game just a lot faster and idk if my old reflexes are up to the task.
Follow Me on:
YouTube - www.youtube.com/maxpixelation/
Twitch - twitch.tv/maximumpixelation
Twitter - twitter.com/maxpixelation

sportdan30
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by sportdan30 »

Danimal wrote:It's getting good reviews but I'm hesitant to pull the trigger. I grew tired of those batman games quickly and this looks like that type of game just a lot faster and idk if my old reflexes are up to the task.
Yeah, I hear ya. I wasn't a huge fan of the Batman games to be honest. Maybe I didn't give them enough time, but the games themselves were too dark (visually speaking). This seems more of an open world concept with a brighter color pallet and leveling up similar to the Ratchet & Clank games. I'm sure my reflexes are on par or slower than yours. Because of that, I'll probably only use a few the skills available.

fanatic
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by fanatic »

I'll be playing it day one for sure.

Apparently they've nailed the slinging around New York - which frankly, is enough to sell me on the game alone! I've heard the combat is pretty good and the presentation/story is top notch.

Probably not an all-time classic - but likely a very very fun and high quality superhero game.

I definitely trust the folks at Insomniac....plus, check out this photo mode!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Gd0IjMXt0U0

Diablo25
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by Diablo25 »

I preordered about a week ago. I have always loved Spidey and this game looks incredible.
XBLive Gamertag - Diablo25
PSN Name - EPDiablo25

Diablo25
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by Diablo25 »

I’ll be getting after this one at midnight :D. Can’t wait to see it.
PSN Name - EPDiablo25

Diablo25
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by Diablo25 »

I’m only like 10 minutes in but HOLY s***. Swinging around the city is incredible. Graphically beautiful game. Wow wow wow.
PSN Name - EPDiablo25

Diablo25
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by Diablo25 »

MORE WOW. Just finished the first mission and I am blown away. Incredible combat and I only have a few skills. Just purchased a new “Web-Slinger” skill and some defensive moves. Fun as hell. This one is going to be a classic. Most fun I have had with a game in a while.
PSN Name - EPDiablo25

10spro
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by 10spro »

I am seriously thinking of selling Madden for this game. Hearing good stuff.

https://www.gamespot.com/reviews/marvel ... newsletter

fanatic
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by fanatic »

Agreed Diablo. Seriously fun game that has perfectly captured the essence of Spiderman.

I didn't expect to like the combat this much. It's definitely Arkham-based, but with a bit more speed and style. That first mission and boss were a nice challenge at times!

TCrouch
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by TCrouch »

fanatic wrote:Agreed Diablo. Seriously fun game that has perfectly captured the essence of Spiderman.

I didn't expect to like the combat this much. It's definitely Arkham-based, but with a bit more speed and style. That first mission and boss were a nice challenge at times!
Same. I thought it was a basic attack/dodge mechanic at first, but mixing the whole "air juggles", and what you can do (slam them back into other people, attack them in the air, web them up) with that web shooter that has limited charges, as well as directional dodges to avoid bullets. It's all very frantic, yet very "in control".

Surprisingly great combat for a game of that type, IMO.

sportdan30
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by sportdan30 »

Ugh, can't play until after work. It's going to be a long long day!!! :x

Teal
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by Teal »

I have to admit, this one's got me eating sour grapes by the truckload. LOVE Spiderman games. Wanna punch Sony in the mouth for making it exclusive... :lol:
www.trailheadoutfitters.org
trailheadoutfitters.wordpress.com
facebook.com/Intentional.Fatherhood

sportdan30
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by sportdan30 »

It’s early but this game is incredibly fun and action packed. And the visuals are very nice. I’m going to be playing this game for a long long time.

Diablo25
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by Diablo25 »

Haven’t gotten back to the game since playing the other day...crazy busy last two days. Cant wait to get back at it tonight.
PSN Name - EPDiablo25

Diablo25
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by Diablo25 »

Game is extremely fun and gratifying. Just a few vids of me swinging around the city, etc.

PSN Name - EPDiablo25

sportdan30
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by sportdan30 »

Those are some crazy fighting skills! Very nice.

This game is an absolute blast to play. I don’t know what else to say. I’m having more fun playing this than any non-sports game in a long time. Just puts a big ol smile on my face.

10spro
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by 10spro »

Damn you Diablo, decided to take the plunge. Man, the attention to details in this game is just amazing. Some elements from Ratchet and Clank and Sunset Overdrive have made a dent in Spiderman.

Don’t know where I’ll have the time to immerse myself in, its my first Spiderman and looks and plays like a beauty.

Diablo25
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by Diablo25 »

10spro wrote:Damn you Diablo, decided to take the plunge. Man, the attention to details in this game is just amazing. Some elements from Ratchet and Clank and Sunset Overdrive have made a dent in Spiderman.

Don’t know where I’ll have the time to immerse myself in, its my first Spiderman and looks and plays like a beauty.
Game is phenomenal...that is all.
PSN Name - EPDiablo25

Leadfoot5
Starting 5
Starting 5

Post by Leadfoot5 »

Diablo25 wrote: Game is phenomenal...that is all.
Co-signed.

Danimal
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by Danimal »

Broke down and purchased this at lunch, will try it tonight. Never seen so many people I trust gush about a game. Somehow I know I will regret this when my old man eyes and reflexes can't keep up.
Follow Me on:

sportdan30
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by sportdan30 »

Danimal wrote:Broke down and purchased this at lunch, will try it tonight. Never seen so many people I trust gush about a game. Somehow I know I will regret this when my old man eyes and reflexes can't keep up.
It can definitely be a little chaotic. At times, I find myself button mashing because there are so many bad guys you need to take out. That's the wrong way about going about it. Use the R2 to run away and regroup (or swing away). Use the dodge button to your advantage (0 button). For sure, use the R1 L1 buttons to pick up items to throw at them (my number one thing I look for). Once you level up, you have more weapons at your disposal. Don't worry, you'll die quite a bit.

My suggestion would be to concentrate on some of the side missions first (collecting the back packs, opening up towers, taking landmark pictures). All of this gets you acclimated with web slinging but it also levels you skills up and you can acquire better weapons for attack and defending. There will be many opportunities break up robberies, find kidnapped victims, chase down a stolen vehicle, etc. These too are side missions that you can decide to partake in or let the cops handle it. For me, I sometimes get annoyed by the number of them and elect to concentrate on my initial task.

Danimal
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by Danimal »

So I had to download a 4 gig patch which kind of make me wonder why even buy things on disc anymore.

Let me say the visual, polish and overall feel of the game is like watching a MCU movie. I was astonished I played for 3 hours last night, felt like 20 minutes.

Now as I predicted I suck. I still don't have the swinging down yet, in a fight can't remember half the moves. It took me 30 tried to get by the 1st boss battle. I guess the good news is I didn't quit in frustration but man there is a lot going on in this game and a lot of controls to remember.
Follow Me on:

Sudz
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by Sudz »

Took me 30 tries to beat the 1st boss as well ON FRIENDLY!! Even some of the crime battles kick my ass.

Diablo25
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by Diablo25 »

Sudz wrote:Took me 30 tries to beat the 1st boss as well ON FRIENDLY!! Even some of the crime battles kick my ass.
I spent a solid amount of time studying the menu screen that shows the combat moves. Bottom line is you MUST use the dodge (O) or L2 <—> R2 (I think) (web escape) to survive. In a general sense Triangle is for web combat, Square is for melee combat. Also, once your FOCUS has been built up USE THE FOCUS ATTACK (I think its R3 + L3). Focus is huge. Build it up —> use it, build it up —> use it.
PSN Name - EPDiablo25