NBA 2K19

Welcome to the Digital Sportspage forum.

Moderators: Bill_Abner, ScoopBrady

Murph
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

NBA 2K19

Post by Murph »

The Prelude is available to download now. 17.17 GB (XB1)
XBL: Murph1
PSN: Murph_1

sportdan30
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Re: NBA 2K19

Post by sportdan30 »

I’m loving the Prelude. The story is pretty good.

Wilk5280
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by Wilk5280 »

Story mode in sports games and I just don't click.
GT = Wilk5280

Teal
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by Teal »

Wilk5280 wrote:Story mode in sports games and I just don't click.
Same here. Worst thing is a sports game that forces you to begin the game in a damn story mode. If I wanted to play an RPG, I'd play one.
www.trailheadoutfitters.org
trailheadoutfitters.wordpress.com
facebook.com/Intentional.Fatherhood

sportdan30
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by sportdan30 »

Picked this game up last night and am very disappointed with the frame rate on the Xbox One X (specifically the broadcast cam). Going to try and exchange it for the PS4 Pro version later this evening.

DChaps
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by DChaps »

sportdan30 wrote:Picked this game up last night and am very disappointed with the frame rate on the Xbox One X (specifically the broadcast cam). Going to try and exchange it for the PS4 Pro version later this evening.
Oh no, I purchased and started the digital download this morning. 2K18 was so smooth and so was the 2K19 Prelude. I am sure it will be fixed. I will let you know if I experience any different results tonight. Thanks!

sportdan30
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by sportdan30 »

There's supposedly a patch to fix these frame rate/lag issues. Let me know which update version you have. Most people on OS have version 1.0.0.4.

According to this website, the last patch was 1.0.1

http://updatecrazy.com/nba-2k19-patc...new-and-fixed/

NBA 2K19 Patch 1.01 Update Changelog
NBA 2K19 version 1.01 added stability improvements.
Fixed crashing issues with NBA 2K19 patch 1.01.
Added UI improvements.
Added fixes for stuttering and lag issues.
Various other minor fixes added with NBA 2K19 1.01.
NBA 2K19 update 1.01 is now available for download on PS4 and Xbox One.

dbdynsty25
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by dbdynsty25 »

I bought the physical version before amazon scrapped their preorder deals so mine isn’t here till release day. I’ll wait to see if the patches fix it before I crack it open.

dbdynsty25
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by dbdynsty25 »

Cracked open the physical copy tonight and got the patch and all, and yeah, it’s definitely not even 30fps...it’s not very encouraging. What the hell 2k?

sportdan30
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by sportdan30 »

dbdynsty25 wrote:Cracked open the physical copy tonight and got the patch and all, and yeah, it’s definitely not even 30fps...it’s not very encouraging. What the hell 2k?
I couldn't take it anymore and returned it to Best Buy a few days ago for the PS4 version. Now, I have to deal with the excessive noise from the fans blowing, but at least it plays better. If you're patient, I think it'll get resolved pretty soon.

dbdynsty25
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by dbdynsty25 »

sportdan30 wrote:
dbdynsty25 wrote:Cracked open the physical copy tonight and got the patch and all, and yeah, it’s definitely not even 30fps...it’s not very encouraging. What the hell 2k?
I couldn't take it anymore and returned it to Best Buy a few days ago for the PS4 version. Now, I have to deal with the excessive noise from the fans blowing, but at least it plays better. If you're patient, I think it'll get resolved pretty soon.
Hope so...it really seems to be more prevalent in the first minute or so of the game. Maybe it's still loading in arena textures or something as the ball is tipped. It's really weird.

Danimal
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by Danimal »

sportdan30 wrote: I couldn't take it anymore and returned it to Best Buy a few days ago for the PS4 version. Now, I have to deal with the excessive noise from the fans blowing, but at least it plays better. If you're patient, I think it'll get resolved pretty soon.
Why would the PS Pro a lesser machine run the game better than the 1X? Is there any indication why this is the case. do they look different?

I thought about the PC version but it has terrible reviews on Steam,
Follow Me on:
YouTube - www.youtube.com/maxpixelation/
Twitch - twitch.tv/maximumpixelation
Twitter - twitter.com/maxpixelation

sportdan30
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by sportdan30 »

Danimal wrote:
sportdan30 wrote: I couldn't take it anymore and returned it to Best Buy a few days ago for the PS4 version. Now, I have to deal with the excessive noise from the fans blowing, but at least it plays better. If you're patient, I think it'll get resolved pretty soon.
Why would the PS Pro a lesser machine run the game better than the 1X? Is there any indication why this is the case. do they look different?

I thought about the PC version but it has terrible reviews on Steam,
Well, apparently it's been fixed.

sportdan30
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by sportdan30 »

Really enjoying My Career. This is the first time I have really put effort in to playing it. Played through the story, which I thought was decent and am now on the Pelicans as a key reserve. Being able to play through a game in 10-15 minutes is really nice, and I can usually play a few games in one sitting. In the past, I'd just mess with the NBA Today games and that was about it.

I understand the ridiculousness of the micro transactions. It's definitely cash cow and not one I'm inclined to put money towards. That said, my son bought the ultimate edition, so I was able to increase my player's skills in to the low 70's. It'll be a grind to build him up from there, but I'm enjoying it thus far.

I mistakenly entered into a Jordan Pro Am game (was looking for something else), and played along 9 other guys in a 5 vs. 5 game. I never lost connection, but the lag was bothersome. Also, there was a bit of a sliding feeling playing online, but all in all it was fun even though my team lost by 30! Think I'll stick to offline play for a while.

Diablo25
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by Diablo25 »

Well, I am really digging this years game. I am an NBA Live supporter (competition is needed and welcomed) and really thought Live would close the gap a ton this year...and they have in some ways...but 2K19 is superb. It’s definitely the better game. I love how they have addressed defense. Sure there are some issues that need to be tweaked (shooting %) but it’s just a great playing game. I always say it but the animations are just stupidly good. They flow so well. Live 19 has improved its animations but they don’t sniff 2K. Ive been playing My Team and having a great time. I’ll still play some Live but 2K is still the King.
XBLive Gamertag - Diablo25
PSN Name - EPDiablo25

Rodster
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by Rodster »

Diablo25 wrote:Well, I am really digging this years game. I am an NBA Live supporter (competition is needed and welcomed) and really thought Live would close the gap a ton this year...and they have in some ways...but 2K19 is superb. It’s definitely the better game. I love how they have addressed defense. Sure there are some issues that need to be tweaked (shooting %) but it’s just a great playing game. I always say it but the animations are just stupidly good. They flow so well. Live 19 has improved its animations but they don’t sniff 2K. Ive been playing My Team and having a great time. I’ll still play some Live but 2K is still the King.
Have they fixed the stuttering and frame rate issues some have talked about? Which version to get PS4 or XONE? I have the original ONE and a PS4 Pro.

Diablo25
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by Diablo25 »

Rodster wrote:
Diablo25 wrote:Well, I am really digging this years game. I am an NBA Live supporter (competition is needed and welcomed) and really thought Live would close the gap a ton this year...and they have in some ways...but 2K19 is superb. It’s definitely the better game. I love how they have addressed defense. Sure there are some issues that need to be tweaked (shooting %) but it’s just a great playing game. I always say it but the animations are just stupidly good. They flow so well. Live 19 has improved its animations but they don’t sniff 2K. Ive been playing My Team and having a great time. I’ll still play some Live but 2K is still the King.
Have they fixed the stuttering and frame rate issues some have talked about? Which version to get PS4 or XONE? I have the original ONE and a PS4 Pro.
I have a One X and it smooth as butter.
XBLive Gamertag - Diablo25
PSN Name - EPDiablo25

Rodster
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by Rodster »

Danimal wrote:I thought about the PC version but it has terrible reviews on Steam,
Most of those negative reviews on Steam have to do with VC and micro transactions.
Diablo25 wrote:I have a One X and it smooth as butter.
Thanks for the info. I don't have a X1X but the original day one XB.

Edit: I snagged a sealed XB copy for $44 on Ebay.

sportdan30
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by sportdan30 »

On sale for $40 at the moment.

dbdynsty25
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by dbdynsty25 »

I haven't played the game in about a week or so...was there a patch recently because it really changed, and not for the better. Everything seems like it got turbocharged. The animations and movement on the floor is obnoxious now. Obviously I can probably change the game speed, but whoa that was jarring.

Rodster
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by Rodster »

dbdynsty25 wrote:I haven't played the game in about a week or so...was there a patch recently because it really changed, and not for the better. Everything seems like it got turbocharged. The animations and movement on the floor is obnoxious now. Obviously I can probably change the game speed, but whoa that was jarring.
I can't say for sure but when I received my copy last week I had to do a 10GB update. I'm getting better with the shooting but it's a lot easier in Live 19 to sink a basket.

pk500
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by pk500 »

Rodster wrote:
dbdynsty25 wrote:I haven't played the game in about a week or so...was there a patch recently because it really changed, and not for the better. Everything seems like it got turbocharged. The animations and movement on the floor is obnoxious now. Obviously I can probably change the game speed, but whoa that was jarring.
I can't say for sure but when I received my copy last week I had to do a 10GB update. I'm getting better with the shooting but it's a lot easier in Live 19 to sink a basket.
The shot meter in NBA 2K has been unintuitive as hell the last two years. My biggest gripe with the game, and it's turned me toward the Live camp. Unthinkable even two years ago.
"You know why I love boxers? I love them because they face fear. And they face it alone." - Nick Charles

"First on the throttle, last on the brakes." - @MotoGP Twitter signature

XBL Gamertag: pk4425

Rodster
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by Rodster »

pk500 wrote:The shot meter in NBA 2K has been unintuitive as hell the last two years. My biggest gripe with the game, and it's turned me toward the Live camp. Unthinkable even two years ago.
I don't find it unintuitive, for me it's more like The Golf Club where it's a timing thing and timing it correctly is where the problem lies. I use the meter at the feet and the idea is to wait for the two half circles to meet in the middle, then release the shot. Sounds simple but in practice it just doesn't work as if there's a delay in the controller input. It's hard to explain and really frustrating because owning both BB games, 2K is so far out in front it's not funny. At times it's almost like watching a live telecast. Playing it though is like trying to putt the ball in TGC2, i.e. slightly miss hit the ball and watch it go further away from the cup.

The last 2K game I bought was 2K15 and it wasn't nearly as bad as 2K19 and if you got remotely frustrated you could switch to Arcade mode and have fun playing a game.