NFL 2018

Welcome to the Digital Sportspage forum.

Moderators: Bill_Abner, ScoopBrady

pigpen81
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Re: NFL 2018

Post by pigpen81 »

Reading your rants was more entertaining then the actual game....and took far less time. :D

XXXIV
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by XXXIV »

pigpen81 wrote:Reading your rants was more entertaining then the actual game....and took far less time. :D
LoL

You are so VERY welcome.

Isnt honesty refreshing?

XXXIV
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by XXXIV »

These games must be treated as once in a life time. Look at Browns fans they have zero ever SB games.

As such you get very pumped. I wont be sleeping tonight for sure! So I think I will repost the best of rants...

My memory of the game will be this...

Its the 4t qtr.

Todd Gurley actually busts a run and the Rams are driving.

My nephew is here watching the game with me.

We are dancing. Screaming yeah baby ! Run the f***in ball!

We got these bitches!

Then we hear flag on the play.

We are what?

Flag why?

The assholes call holding.

Then we watch the replay.

There is NO holding.

Its all made up.

Again one thing to miss a call another to make one up.

Will there be any out rage?

f*** NO!

Its the Patriots and the Rams.

One has their assholes licked the other is worthless. Right?

I want out rage.

Show me you are at least least consistent

SHOW ME THE OUT RAGE !

I demand honesty! or is that too much to ask for?

XXXIV
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by XXXIV »

The morning after that s*** fest...

Thoughts...

1)I have to be happy with the season but having a chance to win a super Bowl doesnt happen every day. Anger has been replaced with a sense of sadness and loss. It wont linger like the last loss cause I did expect a loss.

2,3,4) Phantom holding call no one gives a f*** about or not Goff still sucks and bllichick still kicked mcvay's ass.

Going forward...I dont like Goff at all as a player. He has no balls and he is dumb.

Question: Why do you throw a ball up for grabs unless its 4th down?
Question: Why do you take three years to throw a ball to a wide open Cooks for an easy TD?

Answer: Cause you are scared and stupid.

Goff is who I thought he was and you cant teach guts or brains.

McVay. if a play type is not working and shows no signs of working why are you still running it? Is there a law against running the ball on 2nd and 5 or 3rd and 2?

I think McVay can learn at least I hope he can.

sportdan30
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by sportdan30 »

I slept very well last night knowing Kroenke and Demoff will have to wait at least another year to hoist the Super Bowl trophy. :D Hopefully, that's the last game I ever have to root for the Patriots. All in all, what a rather unexciting game. How could the Rams only score 3 points? Weren't they one of the highest scoring offenses all season? Whomever bet the under won big!

dbdynsty25
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by dbdynsty25 »

sportdan30 wrote:I slept very well last night knowing Kroenke and Demoff will have to wait at least another year to hoist the Super Bowl trophy. :D Hopefully, that's the last game I ever have to root for the Patriots. All in all, what a rather unexciting game. How could the Rams only score 3 points? Weren't they one of the highest scoring offenses all season? Whomever bet the under won big!
After trying all of the great offensive minds (allegedly) in football, the Dolphins are at least going defensive this time w/ Brian Flores of the Pats...who basically just proved why he got the job. Otherwise, thank goodness for alcohol yesterday. Now at least all of the woodwork Rams fans in LA can stfu for a while. I literally had no idea there were any Rams fans here until the last two weeks.

Pretty sure Goff just cost himself a ton of money. He was thoroughly confused the entire game and he seems very slow to make decisions. Tannehill/Carr 2.0. Hopefully the Rams don't make the same mistake the Raiders and Dolphins did.

wco81
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by wco81 »

They have a lot of free agents.

They had signed a lot of players on high salary one-year deals, kind of going all-in for this year.

Once Donald and Goff start making $25 million or more a year, roster depth is going to take a big dive.

vader29
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by vader29 »

"Two rules man: Stay away from my f***in percocets and do you have any f***in percocets?" ~ Marco Belchier
https://www.ea.com/games/nhl/nhl-20/pro ... rm=xboxone

XXXIV
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by XXXIV »

vader29 wrote:Image
LOL!

I knew it!

MizzouRah
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by MizzouRah »

pk500 wrote:What a dogsh*t game. That felt like Jets-49ers on a Thursday night, not a Super Bowl.

My three post-game observations:

1. Suh is a classless jerk. He ran straight for the tunnel at the final whistle without congratulating any Patriots' linemen like his defensive teammates did.

2. I work in the sports events business, so I observe this stuff closely, but the post-game scrum at midfield is flat-out dangerous chaos. I feared for Tracy Wolfson's safety for a bit there. The NFL needs to take a cue from victory circle at major American auto races for a few clues on how to maintain security and safety in a post-game celebration.

3. Are there any f*cking morons out there who still don't think Brady is the GOAT and the Pats are the greatest franchise in NFL history? If so, go watch cricket, you dumb f*cks.
Agree on all 3. With regard to #2 I felt the same way.. the big guy with her lost her a few times.
XBL GT: MizzouRah0971

XXXIV
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by XXXIV »

You dont need to actually watch the game . Unless you love the Patriots and or enjoy a good taffy pull.

Its all nice wrapped up in this link.

Six plays that decided the Rams fate.

Enjoy!

https://theramswire.usatoday.com/2019/0 ... din-cooks/

Watching that again I cringe.

You see the play Brady to Gronk that got the Patriots into the red one. The only play that made it there. One f***in play in the red zone combined by two f***in teams. Mind blowing.

Biggest take away watching those 6 play is that Goff really is slow on the uptake. You cant really see it on this replay but that was a two receiver route! Two receivers and it takes him forever to recognize the Pats blew the coverage on Cooks. Then he throws a zeppelin that almost takes him out of the end zone.

XXXIV
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by XXXIV »

I think what drives me to rewatching this abortion of a game is the thought that this was my last dance. Last chance to see them win a title.

So I have now seen it two more times.

The rewatches only create more anger at Goff Mcvay and the c*** reffing the game.

Ridiculous play calling McVay.

Goff My God you are worse than a piece of s***.

Made up holding call? No one gives a f***.

There is no f***in way we will call PI for the Rams. Though its an easy PI call to make. Clearly Cooks arm is being held for at least 5 yds forcing him to try and make a one armed catch. Does anyone give a f***? Hell no!!!! its the Rams.

I should not have watched it again as it really made me want to vomit.....Made me nothing but very angry but the reality is...and there is always reality.. people love to ignore things that would ruin their narrative......A lot of people are just full of s***...

Just have zero honor. NONE!

Been grotesque watching the media coat their faces with patriot cum. The double standards in all things are pretty sickening. Not cool at all.

Final thoughts ...

I cant see this Ram clown car with Goff the head clown back in a SB ever again but f*** you all!

f*** ALL YOU HATERS!

GO RAMS!

and yeah cheers!

Sudz
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by Sudz »

As a Patriots fan... Can't we get through 1 f***in year without some BS? Just one....

XXXIV
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by XXXIV »

Robert Kraft's prostitute...

Rodster
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by Rodster »

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Good one XXXIV, you've one upped Vader on classic pics.

XXXIV
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by XXXIV »

Not original...The idea was stolen... :wink:

vader29
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by vader29 »

"Two rules man: Stay away from my f***in percocets and do you have any f***in percocets?" ~ Marco Belchier
https://www.ea.com/games/nhl/nhl-20/pro ... rm=xboxone

XXXIV
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by XXXIV »

:lol: :lol: :lol:

and there it is...

Rodster
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by Rodster »

Smart move with the Dolphins trading for Josh Rosen with their 62nd pick. They got an extra 2nd pick in 2020 trading down with New Orleans, so Miami will have 14 picks next year. Let him compete with Fitz and if he wins out lets see what he can do. If not it was a 62nd pick for a 1 yr rental and then they can Tank for Tua in 2019.

dbdynsty25
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by dbdynsty25 »

Rodster wrote:Smart move with the Dolphins trading for Josh Rosen with their 62nd pick. They got an extra 2nd pick in 2020 trading down with New Orleans, so Miami will have 14 picks next year. Let him compete with Fitz and if he wins out lets see what he can do. If not it was a 62nd pick for a 1 yr rental and then they can Tank for Tua in 2019.
Not gonna be a one year rental when his salaries for the next three years are all less than 2 mil. If they suck they still draft another qb and Rosen is the backup. He costs virtually nothing.

wco81
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by wco81 »

Huge bet by the Cardinals on Murray.

First that new HC system better work in the NFL. They spent the #1 pick this year and the #10 pick in the 2018 on QBs.

They were saying Murray was having problems breaking down coverages on film.

But with his arm and athleticism, he may still make plays.

Rodster
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by Rodster »

dbdynsty25 wrote:
Rodster wrote:Smart move with the Dolphins trading for Josh Rosen with their 62nd pick. They got an extra 2nd pick in 2020 trading down with New Orleans, so Miami will have 14 picks next year. Let him compete with Fitz and if he wins out lets see what he can do. If not it was a 62nd pick for a 1 yr rental and then they can Tank for Tua in 2019.
Not gonna be a one year rental when his salaries for the next three years are all less than 2 mil. If they suck they still draft another qb and Rosen is the backup. He costs virtually nothing.
It's still only 6.2 mill over 3 years which isn't bad since the Dolphins will have plenty of cap space and they are in rebuild mode which most of their salaries will be tied up with rookies with the one exception of Xavier Howard. Miami may try and move him if his demands are too high.

Rodster
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by Rodster »

wco81 wrote:Huge bet by the Cardinals on Murray.

First that new HC system better work in the NFL. They spent the #1 pick this year and the #10 pick in the 2018 on QBs.

They were saying Murray was having problems breaking down coverages on film.

But with his arm and athleticism, he may still make plays.
Yeah Arizona looks really bad. If Murray doesn't work out the FO could be gone next year. And what they're saying about Murray is that his size and style of play (RGIII) might be a problem in the NFL. But most if not all of the pundits and coaches think he's really good. He could always fall back on Baseball if things don't work out. Supposedly he was the #1 pick in both leagues.

dbdynsty25
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by dbdynsty25 »

Rodster wrote:
dbdynsty25 wrote:
It's still only 6.2 mill over 3 years which isn't bad since the Dolphins will have plenty of cap space and they are in rebuild mode which most of their salaries will be tied up with rookies with the one exception of Xavier Howard. Miami may try and move him if his demands are too high.
Ummm are you just trying to disagree with me by saying what I said a different way? Lol.

Rodster
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by Rodster »

dbdynsty25 wrote:Ummm are you just trying to disagree with me by saying what I said a different way? Lol.
Nah not disagreeing but what I meant by a 1 yr rental, the Dolphins could just cut him or ship him off somewhere else where they need a body a QB if he's a dud. That 3 yr rookie deal he has won't hurt Miami regardless.