NFL 2018

Welcome to the Digital Sportspage forum.

Moderators: Bill_Abner, ScoopBrady

Diablo25
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Re: NFL 2018

Post by Diablo25 »

Eagles just aren’t the same team. Too many injuries plus a lack of hunger and you are 4-6. O Line better get their resumes ready because they have been s*** most of the year. Wentz barely has time to get a 2-3 step drop.
XBLive Gamertag - Diablo25
PSN Name - EPDiablo25

Aristo
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by Aristo »

XXXIV wrote:Broncos!

Wow!

So much easier to do sunday when the boys kill me on monday. 8)
We're enemies tomorrow. But good luck. Gonna be blast to watch these offenses.

Watch the game end up 14-10. :lol:
XBL Gamertag: JayhawkerStL

Danimal
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by Danimal »

Bears!! :D

You know it's good when I come into the office and the Packers fan only comeback is "no one is beating the Saints" LOL
Follow Me on:
YouTube - www.youtube.com/maxpixelation/
Twitch - twitch.tv/maximumpixelation
Twitter - twitter.com/maxpixelation

TCrouch
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by TCrouch »

So much fun watching Mack do Mack things. I went to eat dinner, literally sat back down and the instant I sit down, it's the replay of him FF/FR on the running back. Yep, guess he's healthy again.

Hope Bears fans appreciate him.

Danimal
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by Danimal »

TCrouch wrote:So much fun watching Mack do Mack things. I went to eat dinner, literally sat back down and the instant I sit down, it's the replay of him FF/FR on the running back. Yep, guess he's healthy again.

Hope Bears fans appreciate him.
Oh we do but he also came into a good defensive unit. Hicks is playing out of his mind, Jackson is going to the Pro Bowl, so is Hicks. Fuller and Prince doing way better than I expected on the corners and Callahan is likely the best slot corner in the league, he doesn't get much props due to all the other guys around him but he is playing fantastic. Mack is a stud, a play maker and a future HOF guy and with these pieces around him is going to be even better.

Just need to get over this league imposed roadblock of 2 divisional games within 85 hours of each other, anything to make Rodger have a chance right NFL? Then take care of the Giants and we're in.

Notice how Greenbay has the easiest schedule in the league for the last 6 games. This is so everyone can gush on how Rodgers is bringing them back from the dead. I hope the Vikings beat them next week.
Follow Me on:

AcemanPR
Starting 5
Starting 5

Post by AcemanPR »

Packer's have had a pretty brutal schedule the last 6 weeks. Not making excuses for them, they blew games against the Rams and Seahawks, games that an Elite QB could win you, if he was given the opportunity. The Packers do have a chance to make a run to sneak into the playoffs. Do they deserve to be there, about as much as the NFC division champion does. I don't think it makes much difference who is in outside of New Orleans, the Rams, and I'll even include the Bears because of their offense. Saints and Rams are almost a lock for an NFC Championship showdown unless they both get hit with a significant injury.

10spro
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by 10spro »

Danimal wrote:Notice how Greenbay has the easiest schedule in the league for the last 6 games. This is so everyone can gush on how Rodgers is bringing them back from the dead. I hope the Vikings beat them next week.
Not sure if playing vs the Hawks in SEA is considered easy but I don’t think Rodgers is culpable of GB’s struggles. His time to bring them to glory is closing down though after that extension and being 35 years old.

In fact I blame the Packers troubles on the coach, there was some calls he should have made in that crucial match up and failed to do so. It was a very close match that could have easily gone GB’s way if the SEA ‘s D didn’t come with the biggest sack of the game with just two minutes to go.

I think if GB fails to make it to the playoffs, McCarthy is the first guy to go...Twelve years is enough.

Danimal
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by Danimal »

10spro wrote: Not sure if playing vs the Hawks in SEA is considered easy but I don’t think Rodgers is culpable of GB’s struggles.
You didn't understand my point. They have 6 games left and according to stats etc, they have the easiest remaining schedule of every team in the NFL. Saying Rodgers could of won those games if given a chance is the same as me saying if Fuller doesn't drop an INT in his chest by Rodgers opening night the Bears would be 8-2. Football is a team game, not an individual game and I think Rodgers is one of the greatest QB's ever, but he has also missed some throws recently he doesn't miss. Still they could rattle off 6 wins, or they can continue to implode lose to the Vikings and Bears. End up with a sub 500 record.

All I heard all summer is how the Pack outplayed Ryan Pace again by forcing him to sign Fuller (4 INT's) or how they tricked him into giving up so much for Mack. So far all these moves look good to me.

This season as a Bear's fan is gravy, this team was not supposed to compete this year. All we wanted was to see growth, I thought 8-8 was a stretch which could still happen btw. I still think they need to learn how to close, how to win but they have been in every game and that's better than the last 8 years. They are young, only 3 guys over 30 and none of them starters, I dare say their future is the brightest in the division.
Follow Me on:

Aristo
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by Aristo »

Did the NFL hire XXXIV to ref the game for this week? So ridiculous...

Danimal
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by Danimal »

Sunday night featured 2 of the best defensive teams in the league.

Monday night features 2 teams that might not even know how to spell defense.
Follow Me on:

XXXIV
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by XXXIV »

Gutless ref keeps game alive.

I hate cowards and this piece of s*** id a coward!

dbdynsty25
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by dbdynsty25 »

Aristo wrote:Did the NFL hire XXXIV to ref the game for this week? So ridiculous...
First quarter and a half were decidedly pro-Rams calls. I can't believe Reid just stared blankly ahead during some of that crap.

pk500
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by pk500 »

The Rams and Chiefs both deserve spots in the top four in the final poll and a playoff berth. Oh, wait: This is the NFL. You could have fooled me.

Entertaining as hell, though.
"You know why I love boxers? I love them because they face fear. And they face it alone." - Nick Charles

"First on the throttle, last on the brakes." - @MotoGP Twitter signature

XBL Gamertag: pk4425

XXXIV
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by XXXIV »

Aristo wrote:Did the NFL hire XXXIV to ref the game for this week? So ridiculous...
yes!
Last edited by XXXIV on Tue Nov 20, 2018 5:57 am, edited 1 time in total.

XXXIV
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by XXXIV »

Rams are the Rams such a bad ass game!

XXXIV
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by XXXIV »

dbdynsty25 wrote:
First quarter and a half were decidedly pro-Rams calls. I can't believe Reid just stared blankly ahead during some of that crap.
Speaking of crap you posted...

Crap indeed piggy.

You disgrace this board every f***in time you post. Disgusting!

XXXIV
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by XXXIV »

Rams 10- 1

Enjoy!

10spro
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by 10spro »

Would love to see this matchup again in the playoffs.

XXXIV
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by XXXIV »

10spro wrote:Would love to see this matchup again in the playoffs.
I love this idea as it would mean the super bowl.

AcemanPR
Starting 5
Starting 5

Post by AcemanPR »

Danimal wrote: This season as a Bear's fan is gravy, this team was not supposed to compete this year. All we wanted was to see growth, I thought 8-8 was a stretch which could still happen btw. I still think they need to learn how to close, how to win but they have been in every game and that's better than the last 8 years. They are young, only 3 guys over 30 and none of them starters, I dare say their future is the brightest in the division.
Absolutely, the Bears appear to be on the right track. Still not sold on Trubisky as a long term QB, but he is playing well this season. This Bears team reminds me of the 2000 Ravens teams with Trent Dilfer.

Last nights game was truly worth the hype, definitely super entertaining to watch. Rams got through their brutal stretch, only enduring a close loss at New Orleans, a likely rematch for the NFC Championship game. Wouldn't mind seeing a Rams/Chiefs rematch in the Super Bowl. Would be hard not to set the over under to 100. :lol:

Aristo
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by Aristo »

Good game, 34. Would love a rematch. I think you guys have a tougher road to the Super Bowl because Brees, though. And the Chiefs are far from a lock, but have already beaten the #2 and #3 seeds in the AFC.

The Rams and Chiefs seem to be as evenly matched as you can get, but, the Saints are a notch above. The playoffs should be fun.

pk500
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by pk500 »

Painful fact a buddy sent to me last night: There were 14 combined touchdowns in the Rams-Chiefs game last night. The Bills have scored 13 touchdowns all season.

8O 8O 8O
"You know why I love boxers? I love them because they face fear. And they face it alone." - Nick Charles

"First on the throttle, last on the brakes." - @MotoGP Twitter signature

XBL Gamertag: pk4425

Wilk5280
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by Wilk5280 »

Did the defenses stay home? Didn't get to watch the game, but that amount of scoring seems ridiculous to me. Yeah, I'm in the minority and it's exactly what the NFL wants so...
GT = Wilk5280

Danimal
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by Danimal »

Wilk5280 wrote:Did the defenses stay home? Didn't get to watch the game, but that amount of scoring seems ridiculous to me. Yeah, I'm in the minority and it's exactly what the NFL wants so...
You're definitely not in the minority, unfortunately there are so few teams with really good defenses and the league has stacked the deck against defensive players. So you will see more of this, I think the Rams have Minnesota and Chicago coming up. Let's see how they dos against those teams.
Follow Me on:

Aristo
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by Aristo »

The defenses scored three TDs, and set up a fourth TD for KC when they recovered a Goff fumble in the Red Zone. The Chiefs had 5 sacks and 8 tackles for loss. The Rams had 3 sacks and 4 tackles for a loss. The defenses actually contributed to the inflated score.

Honestly, it was a great game, with each team really slugging it out. There Chiefs were plagued with penalties early. And by plagued, I know they had 10 penalties by sometime in the 2nd quarter. Some of the calls were ridiculous, but some of it was the Chiefs being dumb.

Yeah, it was video game football, but that includes the sacks and pick sixes you get in those games, too. The Chiefs basically operate a bend don't break defense on steroids. They are not great, but they have the pass rushers they need to make big plays. And with an offense that can almost score at will, that will work. Last night, though, Aaron Donald also made those big plays.

For as many big offensive plays as there were, it was actually a pretty physical and hard fought game. I thought it was great.