NFL 2018

Welcome to the Digital Sportspage forum.

Moderators: Bill_Abner, ScoopBrady

TCrouch
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Re: NFL 2018

Post by TCrouch »

dbdynsty25 wrote:
Danimal wrote:Might be the only time I can say this all year.

You're NFC North leading Chicago Bears.

Gruden thanks you again, from the bottom of every Bears fan's heart.
Given how he coached today’s game...dolphins fans thank him too. Lol. He’s terrible.
It's absolutely crazy. In every game, they play lights out in the first half. They're one of the best teams in the league as far as the script and game prep goes.

Then, the game happens. Coaches adjust at halftime, and Gruden doesn't seem to know what to do.

And the reports that he has his OWN scouting and personnel staff within the building, completely ignoring McKenzie? I'm just watching this dumpster fire with more and more disinterest. If the intention is to burn the fan base to the ground to bring in all "new" fans in Vegas, it's working.

Rodster
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by Rodster »

I give Chuckie 4 years before he’s shown the door. He got a Phil Jackson type contract so $100m for 4 years works out to be a pretty sweet deal for him and he can always go back to the booth where he’d probably still be in demand.

Aristo
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by Aristo »

I really like Gruden, but I said the day he was hired it was going to go poorly. In a vacuum, he might be worth the money he was paid. But the reality is, he didn't want to coach that bad, and $100 Million was the number that got him to come back. But money wears off, and it doesn't make the daily grind feel any better. You gotta want to be that guy, not have to get paid to want to be that guy.

TV is a much sweeter gig. He has to miss it already.
XBL Gamertag: JayhawkerStL

pk500
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by pk500 »

10spro wrote:C. Matthews got another inexistent roughing the passer penalty for the second week in a row. Just some horrible calls out there.
Third week in a row. The NFL must revise the call of that rule NOW. Matthews levied textbook tackles the last two weeks and was flagged. It's almost impossible to sack a QB and not land on top of him unless you throw him to the turf, which is exactly what this rule is trying to prevent.

My migration toward Saturday football continues ... although the Bills' upset victory yesterday was SWEET! The last time a 'dog of 17 points or more won an NFL game was 1995.
"You know why I love boxers? I love them because they face fear. And they face it alone." - Nick Charles

"First on the throttle, last on the brakes." - @MotoGP Twitter signature

XBL Gamertag: pk4425

Rodster
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by Rodster »

pk500 wrote:
10spro wrote:C. Matthews got another inexistent roughing the passer penalty for the second week in a row. Just some horrible calls out there.
Third week in a row. The NFL must revise the call of that rule NOW. Matthews levied textbook tackles the last two weeks and was flagged. It's almost impossible to sack a QB and not land on top of him unless you throw him to the turf, which is exactly what this rule is trying to prevent.

My migration toward Saturday football continues ... although the Bills' upset victory yesterday was SWEET! The last time a 'dog of 17 points or more won an NFL game was 1995.
You can add Phins William Hayes to the list. He tore his ACL after trying to avoid a flag on a sack. Just put flags on the QB's and be done with this nonsense.

wco81
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by wco81 »

TCrouch wrote:
dbdynsty25 wrote:
Danimal wrote:Might be the only time I can say this all year.

You're NFC North leading Chicago Bears.

Gruden thanks you again, from the bottom of every Bears fan's heart.
Given how he coached today’s game...dolphins fans thank him too. Lol. He’s terrible.
It's absolutely crazy. In every game, they play lights out in the first half. They're one of the best teams in the league as far as the script and game prep goes.

Then, the game happens. Coaches adjust at halftime, and Gruden doesn't seem to know what to do.

And the reports that he has his OWN scouting and personnel staff within the building, completely ignoring McKenzie? I'm just watching this dumpster fire with more and more disinterest. If the intention is to burn the fan base to the ground to bring in all "new" fans in Vegas, it's working.
McKenzie's last few drafts weren't that great were they? He had one great draft and since then, his picks haven't yielded good players.

If they were, Gruden probably wouldn't have been hired.

Anyways, Davis gave him that power and probably is going to give him at least couple of seasons.

But Gruden probably wants his own players. For instance, he didn't like paying Marquette King so much.

For better or worse, Raiders got Gruden because they're trusting his view of the game. They gave him the last word over all football decisions, it sounds like.

TCrouch
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by TCrouch »

wco81 wrote:McKenzie's last few drafts weren't that great were they? He had one great draft and since then, his picks haven't yielded good players.

Anyways, Davis gave him that power and probably is going to give him at least couple of seasons.

But Gruden probably wants his own players. For instance, he didn't like paying Marquette King so much.

For better or worse, Raiders got Gruden because they're trusting his view of the game. They gave him the last word over all football decisions, it sounds like.
It takes a few years to evaluate a draft, of course. But what, in Gruden's history in Tampa, indicate that his drafts will suddenly become better? Not to mention his right-hand man now labeled Von Miller a "bust" pre-draft, and Jake Locker should be the #1 overall pick. It's less about McKenzie who at least found a lot of serviceable talent in the mid and late rounds of the draft. Other than Mack/Carr/Jackson in 2014, though, there was nothing at the top of the draft.

But the point was, you don't just IGNORE an entire department that you keep on staff. If you aren't going to use them...fire them. But don't pretend it's a unified front and then do your own thing. Own your moves, don't hide behind crap in public and do things behind the scenes that are completely different.

pk500
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by pk500 »

Gruden's current right-hand personnel man also thought Blaine Gabbert would be a competent NFL starter, if not a star. Gulp. 8O
"You know why I love boxers? I love them because they face fear. And they face it alone." - Nick Charles

wco81
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by wco81 »

TCrouch wrote:
wco81 wrote:McKenzie's last few drafts weren't that great were they? He had one great draft and since then, his picks haven't yielded good players.

It takes a few years to evaluate a draft, of course. But what, in Gruden's history in Tampa, indicate that his drafts will suddenly become better? Not to mention his right-hand man now labeled Von Miller a "bust" pre-draft, and Jake Locker should be the #1 overall pick. It's less about McKenzie who at least found a lot of serviceable talent in the mid and late rounds of the draft. Other than Mack/Carr/Jackson in 2014, though, there was nothing at the top of the draft.

But the point was, you don't just IGNORE an entire department that you keep on staff. If you aren't going to use them...fire them. But don't pretend it's a unified front and then do your own thing. Own your moves, don't hide behind crap in public and do things behind the scenes that are completely different.
I'm sure the people advising Davis went over Gruden's record there.

I wouldn't have minded the 49ers hiring Gruden instead of Tomsula or Kelly.

Maybe a big part of the reason Davis hired Gruden was to generate excitement and ticket sales for Vegas. But at this point, you have to wait a couple of seasons to see if Gruden gets better results. By then most of the roster will have turned over.

pk500
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by pk500 »

Deleted. Wrong thread! Sorry.
Last edited by pk500 on Mon Sep 24, 2018 10:13 pm, edited 1 time in total.

10spro
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by 10spro »

pk500 wrote:My plan is set: I'll keep BF1 and Verdun for WW I combat, COD:WWII for WWII combat, BF4, Ghost Recon, The Division and the new Black Ops game (my son is getting it) for modern combat.

I really have no need or desire for BF V, especially with The Division 2 coming next spring.
Good choice mate, but wrong thread.

pk500
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by pk500 »

Oops! Sorry.

XXXIV
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by XXXIV »

After watching too much of last nights game Im thinking if they dont stop calling tackling the qb roughing the passer we will have a VERY serious problem.

DISGRACEFUL!

Just put flags on these cowards if you cant call the game fairly.

XXXIV
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by XXXIV »

Sweet win.

Sweet.

I hope the domination continues.

Go Rams!!!!

XXXIV
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by XXXIV »

Ref in Raider Browns game is a total disgrace.

In the grasp?

NOT EVEN CLOSE!

I hate incompetent fucks and this "man" is an incompetent f***.

XXXIV
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by XXXIV »

Now that over turn?

Disgusting!

This guy is corrupt.

I dont give a s*** who wins this game but corrupt this ref is.

Danimal
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by Danimal »

Mack 4 games, fourth strip sack. Worth every penny.

Trubisky 6 TD throws, people still complaining around here. The Bears are one dropped Rodgers INT away from being 4-0, either way these first 4 games have been more fun then the last 5 years.
Follow Me on:
YouTube - www.youtube.com/maxpixelation/
Twitch - twitch.tv/maximumpixelation
Twitter - twitter.com/maxpixelation

ScoopBrady
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by ScoopBrady »

Danimal wrote:Mack 4 games, fourth strip sack. Worth every penny.

Trubisky 6 TD throws, people still complaining around here. The Bears are one dropped Rodgers INT away from being 4-0, either way these first 4 games have been more fun then the last 5 years.
I totally agree, Dan. Yesterday was the beset Bears game I have seen them play in a long damn time. It's nice to finally have a team start to take those next steps.
I am a patient boy.
I wait, I wait, I wait, I wait.
My time is water down a drain.

TCrouch
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by TCrouch »

You're both very welcome. I hope you enjoy a generational talent and your front office and coaching staff does right by him. Clearly, they already had more of a clue than the former and current Raiders brass.

Signed,

A depressed Raider Nation.

DivotMaker
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by DivotMaker »

ScoopBrady wrote:
Danimal wrote:Mack 4 games, fourth strip sack. Worth every penny.

I totally agree, Dan. Yesterday was the beset Bears game I have seen them play in a long damn time. It's nice to finally have a team start to take those next steps.

Congratulations fellas, I can empathize with you.

Rodster
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by Rodster »

Don't look Terry :lol:

"Jon Gruden on Khalil Mack's dominating day: '[He] had another strip sack? Are you ... kidding me?'"

https://www.cbssports.com/nfl/news/jon- ... idding-me/

Aristo
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by Aristo »

Ev en in his worst game of the year, folks still come away thinking that Mahomes is already a sure fire Hall of gamer. The kid is ridiculous.

It's been awhile since I checked a score, saw the team was down 10 in the 4th quarter and just get excited because its going to be a great finish. And then the kid over delivers on that!

I don't know how far the team can go with that defense, but Mahomes is going to make this a fun season to watch, regardless.
XBL Gamertag: JayhawkerStL

XXXIV
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by XXXIV »

refs a f***in disgrace once again this week vs Browns.

Disgusting!

The receiver was being held the entire route.

Just sickening!

Gotta lie on top of it.

snaz16
Starting 5
Starting 5

Post by snaz16 »

XXXIV wrote:refs a f***in disgrace once again this week vs Browns.

Disgusting!

The receiver was being held the entire route.

Just sickening!

Gotta lie on top of it.
No Sh!T , Browns win despite a horrific call. But can anybody in this league kick a FG. Jeesh!!

XXXIV
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by XXXIV »

OMFG!

That was a f***in TD you sacks of s***!

It just gets more disgusting every week every game.

Irrefutable to over turn a call on the field? Apparently now its the whim of the c*** doing the game.