NFL 2018

Welcome to the Digital Sportspage forum.

Moderators: Bill_Abner, ScoopBrady

XXXIV
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Re: NFL 2018

Post by XXXIV »

Rodgers.

That team is a steaming pile of s*** without him.

Meanwhile Matt f***in Castle gets paid off for no f***in reason.

wco81
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by wco81 »

Start with this:

https://www.pro-football-reference.com/ ... career.htm

When Peyton Manning was having his best seasons for the Colts, Rodgers was at Cal and I would say Rodgers was the only one who rivaled Manning at the time for accuracy, especially those seam passes.

I don't even recall if any of the Cal WRs who played with him even had NFL careers. Maybe some short careers.

Obviously there have been many players who came into the league with golden arms and "arm talent." But Rodgers has the numbers to go with it.

When you hear scouts and former players talk, no other QB makes the kind of throws Rodgers has. Many QBs wouldn't even attempt some of his passes.

Despite all these plaudits, he only has one ring and is likely to end up with only one.

I don't know if he'd put up bigger numbers if he played with Bellichek but he'd probably would have won more Super Bowls, assuming he also took a big discount below his market value like Brady has, to help build a roster around him.

MERACE
Utility Infielder
Utility Infielder

Post by MERACE »

After last night's Lions opener on Monday Night Football (of all places :roll: ) I'm this close to changing my avatar.

Totally embarrassing! :oops: :oops:

-MERACE

Diablo25
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by Diablo25 »

XXXIV wrote:Rodgers.

That team is a steaming pile of s*** without him.

Meanwhile Matt f***in Castle gets paid off for no f***in reason.
And he takes up 20% of their cap space. Stupid contract by GB.
XBLive Gamertag - Diablo25
PSN Name - EPDiablo25

XXXIV
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by XXXIV »

Rams with a 34 0 win...Gurley had to poop. Good day to be a Rams fan!

Scumbag ref in the scumbag Pat game tried hard to cheat and failed..Scumbag. Thank God for replay.

TD Jags!!!

I think Jim Nantz may start to tp cry. He sounds so sad.

Rodster
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by Rodster »

Broncos got lucky and pulled off a win. It almost didn't happen when their rookie WR caught the ball with 22 secs and ran down the middle of the field and was almost tackled with no timeouts left. He finally stepped OOB with 9 secs left for the game winning FG.

10spro
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by 10spro »

The Mahomes-Hill combo gotta be toughest duet to control. That was a shootout.

Vikings got lucky with the tie or do they? They maybe looking for a new FG kicker tomorrow. With GB winning by 9, I don’t think that was PI on C. Matthews. Very questionable.

Cousins looks at home with Minny.

Did not see TPA upsetting the Eagles.

Danimal
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by Danimal »

Apparently the Bills are so awful players are retiring at halftime :D
Follow Me on:
YouTube - www.youtube.com/maxpixelation/
Twitch - twitch.tv/maximumpixelation
Twitter - twitter.com/maxpixelation

pk500
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by pk500 »

Danimal wrote:Apparently the Bills are so awful players are retiring at halftime :D
A metaphor for the team's season, for sure. :cry:
"You know why I love boxers? I love them because they face fear. And they face it alone." - Nick Charles

"First on the throttle, last on the brakes." - @MotoGP Twitter signature

XBL Gamertag: pk4425

DivotMaker
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by DivotMaker »

The Texans are a new coaching staff from being respectable.

Utterly embarrassing losing to Blaine Gabbert and two backup OT's.

Circling the drain......

Danimal
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by Danimal »

10spro wrote:I don’t think that was PI on C. Matthews. Very questionable.
1. It was a roughing the passer call not PI.

2. It was a bull s*** call, it was a normal tackle.

3. Viking got called for the same thing earlier in the game on Rodgers which was also BS but no one is talking about that because the Mathews call led to the game tying TD.

4. The rule is in place because of Rodgers bitching and moaning last year when he got hurt. Maybe if the Packs leader wasn't such a cry baby they would of won that game yesterday. :D
Follow Me on:

Aristo
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by Aristo »

I saw a tweet from a former player (can't remember who now) that called for a the best solution to these riduiculous personal fouls and roughing the passer. Take it out of the refs hands and let it be called but an official in the booth that is watching the replay. The refs are just not gonna be able to call this in real time. Let an official call it using video.

Then, either force the official to make the call quick enough to get it in before the next play, or allow these penalties to get assessed one play late.
XBL Gamertag: JayhawkerStL

Danimal
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by Danimal »

Or maybe and hear me out on this, let a tackle be a f***in tackle. Guess what when you tackle someone you're trying to take him to the ground, not land him on a soft pillow.

Just put flags on the players and be done with it, that is where this is all heading anyway.
Follow Me on:

pk500
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by pk500 »

Danimal wrote:Or maybe and hear me out on this, let a tackle be a f***in tackle. Guess what when you tackle someone you're trying to take him to the ground, not land him on a soft pillow.

Just put flags on the players and be done with it, that is where this is all heading anyway.
Agree with Dan. The last thing the NFL needs is more replays.

That QB sack rule is complete horsesh*t. Matthews didn't pick up the opposing QB and drive him to the turf. He made a proper football tackle, head up, leading with shoulder.

These new rules and the Bills' incredible suckage are pushing me more toward watching football on Saturdays this fall instead of Sundays. Can't believe I'm writing that, but I'm not going to deny which way my football allegiance is moving this fall. College is just a hell of a lot more fun for me right now. Plus I have way more free time on Saturdays than Sundays these days.
"You know why I love boxers? I love them because they face fear. And they face it alone." - Nick Charles

dbdynsty25
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by dbdynsty25 »

pk500 wrote:These new rules and the Bills' incredible suckage are pushing me more toward watching football on Saturdays this fall instead of Sundays. Can't believe I'm writing that, but I'm not going to deny which way my football allegiance is moving this fall. College is just a hell of a lot more fun for me right now. Plus I have way more free time on Saturdays than Sundays these days.
Futball has surpassed football for me I think. The NFL is trending towards strictly being a sport I watch to have something to talk about with the football obsessed friends of mine.

And my team is leading the AFC East. ;)

Rodster
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by Rodster »

dbdynsty25 wrote:
Futball has surpassed football for me I think.
And that's what I meant when I said the NFL has got some serious trouble in the future. Not only is it trying to make the game safer to avoid lawsuits and bad publicity but it has to deal with a global sport that is pretty much pure action for 90+ minutes. The main problem with trying to make the NFL safer is it flies in the face of why fans tuned in to watch the NFL in the 1st place.

But the NFL still hasn't admitted what the underlying problem is regarding safety and that is the equipment. NFL players tend to use their equipment as weapons and the NFL has deals with those equipment companies. I wonder if rugby players suffer the same type of long term injuries that NFL players do?

wco81
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by wco81 »

NFL still has way higher ratings than any other sport.

But the fan demographics of the NBA for instance is more favorable because they're younger.

Not an accident that NBA superstars are higher-profile and have way more lucrative off-court endorsement deals than those in the NFL.

Soccer is a global sport and it's astounding how much revenues it generates. Recently heard that Man U. had like 800 million pounds of revenues. Okay about 5 years ago, the top 3 were Man U, Real and Barca, all around 300-350 million Euros.

Now even Man City is reportedly bringing in 500 million pounds. Okay they're one of the biggest winners right now but they haven't won CL and they don't have such huge stars, do they? Great players but I'm not sure they sell tons of jerseys?

pk500
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by pk500 »

dbdynsty25 wrote:
pk500 wrote:These new rules and the Bills' incredible suckage are pushing me more toward watching football on Saturdays this fall instead of Sundays. Can't believe I'm writing that, but I'm not going to deny which way my football allegiance is moving this fall. College is just a hell of a lot more fun for me right now. Plus I have way more free time on Saturdays than Sundays these days.
Futball has surpassed football for me I think. The NFL is trending towards strictly being a sport I watch to have something to talk about with the football obsessed friends of mine.

Not there yet. But my interest in the NFL, while still solid, is waning compared to five years ago. And the Bills really sucked then, too.

My interest in futbol and college football on Saturdays is greater than the NFL right now. We'll see how that evolves. Like a good piss or a quality orgasm, I'll just let it flow and see what happens. :)

DivotMaker
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by DivotMaker »

pk500 wrote:
dbdynsty25 wrote:

Not there yet. But my interest in the NFL, while still solid, is waning compared to five years ago. And the Bills really sucked then, too.

My interest in futbol and college football on Saturdays is greater than the NFL right now. We'll see how that evolves. Like a good piss or a quality orgasm, I'll just let it flow and see what happens. :)
My interest in Sunday football has waned completely.

Full disclosure, it doesn't help to have a team that is 4-14 the past 18 games.

Saturday's are FAR more interesting to me personally.

XXXIV
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by XXXIV »

Sweet win Bears.

I approve this win.

Chucky is an idiot. :lol: :lol:

Danimal
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by Danimal »

Thanks Gruden, keep telling yourself you have no regrets.
Follow Me on:

dbdynsty25
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by dbdynsty25 »

Danimal wrote:Thanks Gruden, keep telling yourself you have no regrets.
No quicker way to get fired, and collect on your entire contract than to trade away you’re only good player and then suck at your job on the field as well. So he really probably doesn’t have any regrets. Get fired after a year and still collect those checks. Seems pretty genius to me.

Rodster
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by Rodster »

Gruden won't get fired cause the bigger idiot will be the one who hired him and also made him the defacto GM. All Davis had to do was to see the mess he and Bruce Allen left the Tampa Bay Buccaneers in, that should have been the red flag.

pk500
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by pk500 »

Danimal wrote:Thanks Gruden, keep telling yourself you have no regrets.
A friend of mine, whose football knowledge I respect, told me last week he thinks Gruden is the best coach in the NFL. He was serious.

I responded: "WHAT? WHAT? WHAT? He's a cliche-spewing moron."

TCrouch
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by TCrouch »

This thread makes me depressed.